FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > spamalot !!

spamalot !!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *prite128 OP   Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

How excited am I .... my younger son has autism and has a number of films he absolutely adores and can quote huge big chunks .

The Holy Grail is one of them and today for his 16th birthday I gave him a flyer I'd made for him where all the little clues and quotes eventually told him he;'d be going to see it the day after his GCSE's finish.

it was a gamble as film doesnt equate exactly to musical..but he was thrilled , so excited ...and therefore so am I. I saw it in london a few years ago and I know he's going to love it .

Mind you, the last time I took him to the theatre he was 10 and it was to Bugsy Malone, his then favourite. As Blousy sings her solo, a quiet sad song, little Sprite stood up and shouted " I didnt pay 10.50 to listen to this rubbish" !! One hasty exit and the woman in front of me covered in the mouthful of drink her hubby had just sprayed over her!!

so this time I havent showed him the ticket price , especially as we are sat in the second row.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

All sounds good dear,,,all sounds good.

sounds like u n ure family had a nice time,,,nice1.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

This time he can just stick to "Ni"!

By *hattyman80Man  over a year ago

stockport

I'd love to see spamalot. Anything monty python is pure comedy gold!

Forum Mod

I hope he has a fabulous time

I love the story of him shouting out at Bugsy Malone it reminds me of the first time we took our son to a pantomime when he was 3

He hated the noise of it and despite us trying to persuade him to stay he shouted that if we did'nt take him home immediately he was going to go and get a bus to his Nanny's on his own

I nearly spat my tea out when I read about Bugsy Malone

Hope you have a fabby time x

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

OMG Sprite - that SO made me laugh!!!

If i was sat anywhere near by i would have belly laughed - sorry - but i would.

I always think its hilarious when kids come out with that sort of stuff.

Hope you have a fabby time at the next one - keep us updated on any outbursts eh, hehehehe

maidstone

grin...life with autism has been a mixed bag of pure delight and huge challenge but that is one of my favourite memories of him so far ...he's always been affected by how music "feels" to him.

chatty...its on tour for the rest of the year so go see it, its fab!

the taunter is definitely going to be his highlight ...and he tells me now he is 16 he is allowed to say fart . Cue loud repetition of " I fart in your general direction" methinks !!

had a wry smile when he told me that as 5 mins before he'd been talking with his brother about bus wankers

Yeah spam its like marmite---

u hate it or u love it. lol

[Removed by poster at 18/06/10 13:45:58]

we used to look after my little cousin who was "difficult" (they didnt call it autism 45 yrs ago !) to give his mum a break ..my mum took him to a friends very catholic wedding with the priest in full regalia ..he said very loudly right at a very sombre part of the service when everyone was kneeling and bowed heads .. "auntie jean ...if you look up now you will see the King !!" im sure if it was now it would have been you -tubed !!!

maidstone

oh my, thats so cute ! x

» Add a new message to this topic