FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > My Lawnmower Man

My Lawnmower Man

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

16 year old boy down the hill has finished his exams and is struggling to find a job just now. They won't let him into college as he played a lot of truant, they told him they'd rather give the place to someone they were sure would be in classes.

His future not looking too good...and his mother n father are getting fed up with him sitting around.

So...being a kind hearted soul...I said he could cut my grass....I'd pay him with a thank you and a pat on the back.....before I could finish telling him about the job he'd jumped at the chance and agreed.

He turned up on Tuesday to see an acre of grass which was over waist height......did he flinch??.....nope....he cracked on.......he's been here every day since and is determined to cut it all down and get things tidy.......I thought he'd have jacked it in on Tuesday

Might have to think of something to get for him now as a thank you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ya tight git lol xx

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

send him here as a reward we've got 4 acres of wilderness to tame - our son did take one look at it and p'eed off!

"Ya tight git lol xx "

when in Scotland........

Can imagine it

He finishes cuttin a feild of waist high grass and stands back to admire his effort

Stu walks up pats him on the back and says well done lad here's a nice new shiny five pence now run along and get some sweeties and don't spend it all at once xx

"Can imagine it

He finishes cuttin a feild of waist high grass and stands back to admire his effort

Stu walks up pats him on the back and says well done lad here's a nice new shiny five pence now run along and get some sweeties and don't spend it all at once xx "

FIVE PENCE??????......ffs.....steady on there fella

That's got to be worth at least £50 I'd have thought Stu or free eggs for a year..

Then you would probably have a part time helper for all them other 2 man jobs.

"16 year old boy down the hill has finished his exams and is struggling to find a job just now. They won't let him into college as he played a lot of truant, they told him they'd rather give the place to someone they were sure would be in classes.

His future not looking too good...and his mother n father are getting fed up with him sitting around.

So...being a kind hearted soul...I said he could cut my grass....I'd pay him with a thank you and a pat on the back.....before I could finish telling him about the job he'd jumped at the chance and agreed.

He turned up on Tuesday to see an acre of grass which was over waist height......did he flinch??.....nope....he cracked on.......he's been here every day since and is determined to cut it all down and get things tidy.......I thought he'd have jacked it in on Tuesday

Might have to think of something to get for him now as a thank you"

A letter to the colege explaining what he's done for you with no expectation of payment should help him somewhat. A token payment for a good job well done wouldn't go amiss either.

He's still here

has decided he's going to get it finished today

what a star

» Add a new message to this topic