FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > FYI ... fake cams ... be vigilant!!

FYI ... fake cams ... be vigilant!!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Its been brought to my attention that they may be fake webcams being used in the chatrooms, so i feel it is prudent to make other members aware of the possibility.

A friend asked me for advice last night regarding something that another member had told her. This member told my friend that a similar username to hers had a webcam showing her. When she wasnt actually on or didnt change username.

My friend asked me if i had seen anything like this or if it is possible. I wasnt sure if it was or not, but after just 30 minutes of searching the web, it is actually possible.

Fake webcams can be used as seemingly real webcam streams. Even members cams can be recorded and playback thru the chatroom cams, msn, skype and other messenger apps, assuming that members recorded identity.

Whilst this is unnerving, i dont want it to scare people to stop using cams, just be careful, vigilant and sure that the cam you are viewing is real.

We all enjoy the trust that Fab brings and we want all to keep it that way. If you do have any doubts, just inform the Fab support or the room moderators of your concerns

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic