FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > ABSOLUTE DISGRACE

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uton_couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

luton

those poor buggers that are living in mayfair and claiming £2000 PER WEEK are going to have there housing benifit cut to only £400 per week

its outragous to leave these people in the lurch with no proper support

if any of you have a good strong cardboard box to donate , please let me know , and i will see that it goes to those poor souls that cannot now pay there rent ( or should i say YOU will not be paying there rent )

these people are so unfortunate to have this thrust on them without notice , and the situation is so dire , they could even end up living in luton

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

anything but Luton!

YEAH HERE HERE TOTALLY AGREE WITH THAT!!

ITS SHOCKING!!

TYPICAL GOVERMENT THAT IS 4 U!

Yeah absolutely terrible lol that should stop some of the rot xx

"those poor buggers that are living in mayfair and claiming £2000 PER WEEK are going to have there housing benifit cut to only £400 per week

if any of you have a good strong cardboard box to donate , please let me know , and i will see that it goes to those poor souls that cannot now pay there rent ( or should i say YOU will not be paying there rent )

these people are so unfortunate to have this thrust on them without notice , and the situation is so dire , they could even end up living in luton "

But it's THEIR RIGHT to have rent paid for them, and their council tax and its a disgrace they dont get their water rates paid too! When you've never done a days work in your life, you really do deserve everything for nothing - horrible george for doing it to them!

"YEAH HERE HERE TOTALLY AGREE WITH THAT!!

ITS SHOCKING!!

TYPICAL GOVERMENT THAT IS 4 U! "

She was taking the piss.

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

wow, how blinkered I reaslise I am about life, as never thought of it.

But yes.

Paying that amount by benefits towards their rent or mortgage when not working seems unbelievable.

What do you do, offer them a place to rent in a more suitable average placed area say norfolk like I am where I get £420 towards my rent.

(Ps I do volunteer work and heading off back to work now little one is due to be at school fulltime end of year.)

Its amazing to think people out of work get that amount towards their rent or mortgage paid.

Wow. I could rent a 5 bedroom house for that instead of my very compact 2 bed!

"YEAH HERE HERE TOTALLY AGREE WITH THAT!!

ITS SHOCKING!!

TYPICAL GOVERMENT THAT IS 4 U!

She was taking the piss. "

TOILET TAKES THE PISS!! HUH!

see if their was more decent council houses we wouldnt be payin that amount!

my rent is only 240 a month for a 2 bedroom house with garden!

why the hell should the tax payer be payin 1600 a month to some capitalist........oh i just answered my own question there becuase they sold off all the council housing and gave grants and easier mortgages for people to buy to let houses that they could use to get even more bloody money for the goverment x

By *ickedWWoman  over a year ago

Chester

I have a friend, who's Mam has just recently moved into a new Gento house..

(Knocking down old estate and building fab new houses..)

She's done nowt but complain about this new house..

Guess how much rent she pays a week ??

£3 YES you read correct £3 FFS

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Whilst the council houses got sold off as some daft kinda sell em off for half the value thing i could never understand.

The councils have always had a massive problem with folks who dont pay and could do nothing about it and that is why they much prefer housing associations to house folks cos they have the power to chuck you on the street if you dont pay.

Steve

"Whilst the council houses got sold off as some daft kinda sell em off for half the value thing i could never understand.

The councils have always had a massive problem with folks who dont pay and could do nothing about it and that is why they much prefer housing associations to house folks cos they have the power to chuck you on the street if you dont pay.

Steve "

Yeah here here i agree with that one.

Matt

Bolton

ust say btw that i detest the tories with a passion. However on the quick look at what they have done today (and this really hurts) it seems what they have done looks about right to me.

Steve

it's all very well us making light of this issue, but we forget the real victims here.

if these folk have to down-grade, it's unlikely their new property will have an annex for the nanny to live in...which means she will have to share with the family.

i'm thinking their will be a few eu member states finding they have a surplus of nannies soon.

Whats always got us is....if you rent a house/flat and become unemployed your rent or a large proportion of it gets paid.

However,if your paying a mortgage and become unemployed no one helps with that and you run the risk of becoming homeless.

Whats that all about??

XXXX

So what ya saying is........

I gotta give up me house in mayfair that i dont live in but sublet

because i wont get enough to pay the rent

Ohhhhhhhh bugger !!!

Bolton

"Whats always got us is....if you rent a house/flat and become unemployed your rent or a large proportion of it gets paid.

However,if your paying a mortgage and become unemployed no one helps with that and you run the risk of becoming homeless.

Whats that all about??

XXXX"

That now makes something very clear to me as someone i know has recently rented out his house and has moved into a rented house himself.

When i asked why he said he was not sure how his work situation was so had rented a house. Me being a bit thick thought he had rented out his large house and rented a small 1 but now i have read this post all becomes clear the crafty sod.

Steve

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Do you think MP's will manage on the new rates?

I feel sorry for her Maj having her pay frozen. Do you think we should have a whip round for her

By *et_me_take_controlMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"I feel sorry for her Maj having her pay frozen. Do you think we should have a whip round for her "

Not sure shes into whips. Might be mistaken tho. Sure Phillip would love it.

Walnut whips???

Bolton

"Walnut whips??? "

You see quite a few of them so Zoe tells me when we go to clubs. Something to do with the towels not being big enough lol

Can't comment myself lol

Steve

"Walnut whips???

You see quite a few of them so Zoe tells me when we go to clubs. Something to do with the towels not being big enough lol

Can't comment myself lol

Steve "

Oh yeah! ive seen this on "jimmy carrs" "distraction game"

its called towel whipping bloody painful if u ask me.

steve lol

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

"Whats always got us is....if you rent a house/flat and become unemployed your rent or a large proportion of it gets paid.

Whats that all about??

XXXX"

There is also assistance available for people who have a mortgage. They will pay the interest on any original loan to purchase the property.

Bridgend

"those poor buggers that are living in mayfair and claiming £2000 PER WEEK are going to have there housing benifit cut to only £400 per week

these people are so unfortunate to have this thrust on them without notice , and the situation is so dire , they could even end up living in luton "

Rent on property is governed by the area in which it is situated and the size of the property. If the local authority deem it a fair rent and that the size is suitable for your needs then it will be paid. People normally choose to live in or near the area they originate from or have family links and support etc So are you saying that someone from that general area should move across the country to be less of a drain on the local authority/government?

Bolton

Why not you don't own a house and have no job so why not move to maybe a less desirable area that maybe you might find a job in.

Sounds like a dammed good way of making the lazy look for a job to me.

And I am not saying all unemployed are not wanting a job but a lot really don't want a job.

Steve

"Why not you don't own a house and have no job so why not move to maybe a less desirable area that maybe you might find a job in.

Sounds like a dammed good way of making the lazy look for a job to me.

And I am not saying all unemployed are not wanting a job but a lot really don't want a job.

Steve "

Good n bad points there love not sure wot to say really but people cany afford luxeries like u can with out that job in the first place!

steve lol

luton

these people are so unfortunate to have this thrust on them without notice , and the situation is so dire , they could even end up living in luton

Rent on property is governed by the area in which it is situated and the size of the property. If the local authority deem it a fair rent and that the size is suitable for your needs then it will be paid. People normally choose to live in or near the area they originate from or have family links and support etc So are you saying that someone from that general area should move across the country to be less of a drain on the local authority/government? "

i am not saying it , the coalition government are saying it

you seem to be sugesting that if a person lives in a very large penthouse suite slap bang in the centre of london , and the rent is £10000 PER WEEK ( and there are places that cost that ,its a fair rent for that area )

the government should consider paying it ?

its not half way across the country to move a person from mayfair to plaistow

its a short bike ride

Bridgend

Rent on property is governed by the area in which it is situated and the size of the property. If the local authority deem it a fair rent and that the size is suitable for your needs then it will be paid. People normally choose to live in or near the area they originate from or have family links and support etc So are you saying that someone from that general area should move across the country to be less of a drain on the local authority/government?

you seem to be sugesting that if a person lives in a very large penthouse suite slap bang in the centre of london , and the rent is £10000 PER WEEK ( and there are places that cost that ,its a fair rent for that area )

its a short bike ride "

That's not what I said, what I stated was that each local authority governs what is or is not a fair rent for the area it covers and pays accordingly. As an example if a couple with two children one of each sex were to move in to a 5 bedroomed house, this would be deemed as inappropriate as they'd only need the use of 3 bedrooms and any rent offer would be reduced to reflect that. I'd say that the majority of people who end up in rented accommodation in my experience tend to do so at the lower end of the market.

luton

its a short bike ride

That's not what I said, what I stated was that each local authority governs what is or is not a fair rent for the area it covers and pays accordingly. As an example if a couple with two children one of each sex were to move in to a 5 bedroomed house, this would be deemed as inappropriate as they'd only need the use of 3 bedrooms and any rent offer would be reduced to reflect that. I'd say that the majority of people who end up in rented accommodation in my experience tend to do so at the lower end of the market."

i agree entirely

the thread was directed at people who have been geting TWO THOUSAND POUNDS PER WEEK

we all know that people need benefits from time to time , but im sure most people did not realise some are claiming ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS per year in rent alone

the government has decided to cut this to £40000 per year

so now , even though you might need a three bed penthouse overlooking park lane , and all your relatives live nearby to offer help etc it seems they might have to move

if there was decent council housing we wouldnt be payin that to keep them in the more "exclusive" areas!

yes i rent my home and my rents are one of the more expensive ones for this area which is a good area low crime rate good school reports etc.

i would love to stay in a posher bit but my finances wont stretch to it and im not gonna pay out silly money for rent nor expect the council to pay it out for me! we have a dire shortage of decent affordable housing and money should be spent on this not 1000 a wk for rent for someone imagine the scale of this across the country its bloody crazy! if we had new houses built it would also provide jobs even for a short spell, but also training for people x

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 23/06/10 20:05:12]

Torquay

I think the highlighted cases of councils giving very large families massive houses are very few and far between to be honest.

It is always the extreme cases that attract the extremists amongst us, the norm is probably more closer to £150-£200. Families with Twelve children are not that common.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"I think the highlighted cases of councils giving very large families massive houses are very few and far between to be honest.

It is always the extreme cases that attract the extremists amongst us, the norm is probably more closer to £150-£200. Families with Twelve children are not that common.

"

speak for yourself

and not that common? rough as fuck around here.

Torquay

"I think the highlighted cases of councils giving very large families massive houses are very few and far between to be honest.

speak for yourself

and not that common? rough as fuck around here."

I think you know what I mean, the press are far less likely to carry a story about a large family in Bradford being given a massive house....makes far better press to shock the country about one family living in Mayfair in London.

It's 'shock horror tabloid' stuff

i know of 3 families around here who got 2 council houses knocked together for their broods of 14, 12 and 10 x

Torquay

"i know of 3 families around here who got 2 council houses knocked together for their broods of 14, 12 and 10 x"

Yeah it happens down this way too, but the extremists would far rather have a story about immigrants in Mayfair to harp on about.

oh these arent immigrants these are born and breds! the immigrants around here all live with families in big private houses in the posher schemes cant blame them i wouldnt take some of the hovels where they would be shoved!! x

Torquay

When I was a kid in South London the council brought a big old house to put an Irish family in, they kept a bloody cart horse in the coal shed!

luton

lets not TRY twist this thread

i am talking about people that have been living here for generations

also it could very well be a one bedroom flat that a single person lives in

there are places where the rent is 2000 quid a week

very soon those people will no longer be able to afford to live in those areas

thats the only point i have made , no more and no less

"lets not TRY twist this thread

i am talking about people that have been living here for generations

also it could very well be a one bedroom flat that a single person lives in

there are places where the rent is 2000 quid a week

very soon those people will no longer be able to afford to live in those areas

thats the only point i have made , no more and no less "

for 2 grand a wk im expectin a butler and 20 rooms!!

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"wow, how blinkered I reaslise I am about life, as never thought of it.

But yes.

Paying that amount by benefits towards their rent or mortgage when not working seems unbelievable.

What do you do, offer them a place to rent in a more suitable average placed area say norfolk like I am where I get £420 towards my rent.

(Ps I do volunteer work and heading off back to work now little one is due to be at school fulltime end of year.)

Its amazing to think people out of work get that amount towards their rent or mortgage paid.

Wow. I could rent a 5 bedroom house for that instead of my very compact 2 bed!"

we live in Norfolk and would love a contribution of £420 towards our mortgage - how do we get it?

Bradford

"When I was a kid in South London the council brought a big old house to put an Irish family in, they kept a bloody cart horse in the coal shed!

"

And did you not report them to the RSPCA? the animal could have been in real pain.

haven't read all the thread !!!

but wouldn't you if you could I think I might LOL

Torquay

"When I was a kid in South London the council brought a big old house to put an Irish family in, they kept a bloody cart horse in the coal shed!

And did you not report them to the RSPCA? the animal could have been in real pain."

No but we would give it apples....

Bradford

"

for 2 grand a wk im expectin a butler and 20 rooms!! "

for £2k a week i'll even dress up as yer Maid too, and provide my own lube.

now where's the eyes watering thingy?

someone i know who has never worked and is currently pregnant with her third has been upgraded to a 3 bedroom from a 2. everything paid for.

meanwhile, muggins here pays all my rent (okay its housing association so its cheap) and am about to have my salary frozen for two years. ive worked my socks off since i was 17.

not fair

Bridgend

But yes.

we live in Norfolk and would love a contribution of £420 towards our mortgage - how do we get it?"

It's called being unemployed or or on ESA

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

But yes.

we live in Norfolk and would love a contribution of £420 towards our mortgage - how do we get it?"

In answer, I am a single parent, not by choice and am in rented 2 bed house. I have the small room as only one of me and 2 sons are in the main room.

I am on income support, and that is the amount I get of housing benefit towards my rent which is over £500. It was the best place I could rent for the least money. I pay the rest of my rent with income support/child tax credit...

I dont have a partner so am alone with 2 young boys. I do alot of volunteer work so am not a lady person and am looking to re start work come october once little one is at school fulltime.

Also difficult due to family difficulties and having no transport of my own.

Hope that answers your question. Cant remember if you are a couple or a single with children Remember everyones circumstances are different. x

The council had lots of houses they rented out but Thatcher sold them off. We are all now paying through taxes higher prices to private landlords who are making a packet. Something went wrong somewhere!

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Benefits should ONLY be paid according to the amount you have contributed..... You sit on your arse all your life and dodge work then you should get nowt

Harold Wislon 1970...lol

By *cotscple4funCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

[Removed by poster at 26/06/10 22:57:05]

lanarkshire

[Removed by poster at 26/06/10 22:57:01]

lanarkshire

"I feel sorry for her Maj having her pay frozen. Do you think we should have a whip round for her "
please leave her maj out of this she brings more revenue into britian than any other bussiness the amount of tourists who flock to this place just to see her palaces and castles is unbeleivable and the good thing is they spend there money then go home they dont stay and scrounge of the state like 2million others thats my rant over i feel better

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

3rd time lucky....

To be fair it was worth it for the pic!

"The council had lots of houses they rented out but Thatcher sold them off. We are all now paying through taxes higher prices to private landlords who are making a packet. Something went wrong somewhere! "

That's what caused a lot of the housing problems.

Council housing was there for a specific purpose,in a nutshell,affordable housing for people who couldn't afford to buy privately.

Then they sold them off to the tenants,if they could afford a mortgage why were they living in council houses in the first place?

Now there are hardly any for those who truly need them.

All the houses in nice areas have been snapped up,leaving only the ones on bad estates which decent folk have to take and then run the risk of being burgled or robbed by the low life that infest those areas.

XXXX

By *mcouple1Couple  over a year ago

nr warrington

i (ste) was born and raised on a council estate and both my parents worked full time . Yet they didn,t buy a private house even though they could afford it !!!!!! guess we were council skum then !!!!!

I read every post in this thread and see the usual attitude towards council tennants coming through which i find distastefull to say the least.

nr warrington

[Removed by poster at 27/06/10 05:56:35]

nr warrington

[Removed by poster at 27/06/10 05:56:31]

» Add a new message to this topic