FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ingrowing toenails ain't they the pits?

Ingrowing toenails ain't they the pits?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Mine is because dropped a piece of wood on it about 18 months ago & it forced the nail grow - from the base,warped - taken me that long - 8 months - to get rid of it...please don't say why didn't I go get it sorted earlier....would have passed out at thought of it being pulled!...yes in some things I am a wimp I admit lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The thought of having that done makes my scrotum shrivel and my knackers retract into my abdomen

"The thought of having that done makes my scrotum shrivel and my knackers retract into my abdomen "

LOL yes I agree totally...I let it grow and eventually found a - please excuse this - straight nail clipper lol, 3 clips later and I am happy!,

I had both my big toe nails removed after suffering with ingrowing toe nails caused by completely uncomfortable, ill-fitting and too high heels when I was younger!

"I had both my big toe nails removed after suffering with ingrowing toe nails caused by completely uncomfortable, ill-fitting and too high heels when I was younger!"

That must haeb been awful - ouch!

Forum Mod

Ooooo I would hate to lose my big toenails I love them

I used to suffer from them when I was younger but they went as I became an adult,I guess I grew into my toenails

"I had both my big toe nails removed after suffering with ingrowing toe nails caused by completely uncomfortable, ill-fitting and too high heels when I was younger!

That must haeb been awful - ouch! "

It wasn't nice, especially when (hold onto your shrivelling balls), the nurse pulled the stitches out when changing my dressing.

One of the best things I ever did though.

heh heh me being wicked now...held on to the shrivelling balls?

"heh heh me being wicked now...held on to the shrivelling balls? "

You need a helping hand?

had mine off in my late teens When I'm bare footed, it looks like my big toes are upside down

"had mine off in my late teens When I'm bare footed, it looks like my big toes are upside down "

upside down??

"had mine off in my late teens When I'm bare footed, it looks like my big toes are upside down

upside down??"

yes...had my nails and nail beds removed and sewn up, so I haven't got big toe nails anymore, so they look like they are upside down

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I had both mine removed in my teens

Was ok

till the second one turned gangrenous and was threatend with half me foot being removed

thank god it wasn't

and it's a bitch that you can't pain them lol

"I had both mine removed in my teens

Was ok

till the second one turned gangrenous and was threatend with half me foot being removed

thank god it wasn't"

I had a very similar experience. Both my feet went black, and we feared the worst, but some new break through drugs saved me.

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

I cut a big toe nail badly, on new years eve. As it grew back it became ingrown and I put up with gross pain until May. I couldn't bear the pain of wearing ordinary trainers never mind steel toe caps any longer and sought out a chiropodist.

It was the best £25 I ever spent! (on healthcare) She clipped the ingrowing part out and packed it with a little cottonwool to lift the nail. Since having it done I am pain free and have a normal nail again.

"I had both mine removed in my teens

Was ok

thank god it wasn't

I had a very similar experience. Both my feet went black, and we feared the worst, but some new break through drugs saved me. "

and the stench lol

"had mine off in my late teens When I'm bare footed, it looks like my big toes are upside down

upside down??

yes...had my nails and nail beds removed and sewn up, so I haven't got big toe nails anymore, so they look like they are upside down "

Oh I get you now. Mine are the same so you just see the ridge around where the bottom of the nail used to be.

"and it's a bitch that you can't pain them lol "

If I'm using a dark colour I paint where the nail used to be. It has to be touched up very regularly though.

"and it's a bitch that you can't pain them lol

If I'm using a dark colour I paint where the nail used to be. It has to be touched up very regularly though."

Have thought of superglueing a false nail on, but not too sure about that

I've thought about that too but they all look so fake and I wonder if the glue would burn the skin.

I did go to see a chiropodist who fixes fake ones on however apparently she could only do it if I had scraps of nailbed or nail left to attach them to.

"I've thought about that too but they all look so fake and I wonder if the glue would burn the skin.

I did go to see a chiropodist who fixes fake ones on however apparently she could only do it if I had scraps of nailbed or nail left to attach them to."

Tell you what, will try and let you know, if it's gonna burn will be pretty quick

"Tell you what, will try and let you know, if it's gonna burn will be pretty quick"

Eeeeeek! brave woman!!

I think boots sell them?

I already have them

so watch this space lol

» Add a new message to this topic