FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > World Cup Post Mortem

World Cup Post Mortem

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Talksport is filling all its programmes with this.

So far we've blamed the players, collectively and singularly, we've blamed the manager, we've blamed the FA.

We are calling for Capello to resign and for an Englishman to take over.

But....why o why are we allowing the old farts at the FA to make another wrong decision.

We have this debate after every tournament, or qualifying campaign. Historically it's been the managers who have carried the can and who have been sacked. Their successor has picked the same players and suffered the same fate.

Over the last 20yrs or so its been Venebles' fault, Robson's fault, Taylor's fault, McClaren's fauilt, Eriksson's fault, and now it's Capello's fault.

After sitting and watching us perform in our domestic football, it's pretty obvious to me that we are just not good enough. Not good enough technically or tacticaly. We can't pass, we can't receive, and we can't keep possession.

During a radio commentry, the commentator said, "....and the ball, just wont fall to an English player"...WHAT THE FUCK....why don't we just learn to pass it to an English player

We are currently ranked 8th or 9th in the world rankings, I think, and that is where we come in the tournament, we are out with the other 9th to 16th "best" teams.

On the subject of the manager, the FA appoint, and sack, all the England managers.....how many more do we appoint and sack before we change the way we administer, manage and play football.

I'm going for a lie down before I kick the fooking cat....oh, forgot...don't have a cat...I'll kick the dog then...oh, better not, he'll bite me fooking foot off. Cause he wont fookin miss.......

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

quite right!,i have to agree in everything you have said.

the basic inability to control a football is why we go out so early in big tournaments,look at the first touch of players like rooney in a tournament like the world cup compared to kaka,messi,forlan even!,he spent too much time chasing and then moaning.

the midfield players never look comfortable with the ball at the feet incomparison to the brazilians,the argentines,the dutch etc,our players are far more used to thump and run!.

look at players like shaun wright-philips for instance,he's supposed to be one of our bright young stars but when he gets the ball he does not engage a football brain but just puts his head down and runs!,often in to 2-3 opposing defenders wherea's if the brain was engaged he would see that if there were 2-3 defenders too close together that there would be ample free space for england players to move into!,but the players never ever sem as comfortable o the ball compared to the other topnations probably because of the demands of the english fast game?.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The time for looking back is over and the press should look forward. Far too many finger pointers out there.

By *ouvakMan  over a year ago

clacton on sea

the problem is this,

The premier league is so full of continental player our guys forget whom they are playing with or for and when they hear a shout for the ball they automatically pass to the player, it's called a reflex action.

so the cure is quite simple ban the use of foreign players in our upper leagues and allow the home grown talent the chance to shine and rise through the ranks and give England a team that we can be proud of.

Like all things sport without the right backing you are never going to get the best from the player,without results you aren't going to get the support from the fan base.

Look to formula one motor racing and you will see not one but two Englishmen doing OK THANK YOU YEAH, because they have the total backing of the team for whom they operate under, to get the best you have to give the best, the best facilities,the best training,the best management team, and above all the best support.

the moral here is ---- team work, and it's nor just the team out there playing it's the team back in the boardroom too, if one loose's confidence in the other then you have nothing.

and it's about time play acting was totally and completely stamped out, how many times have we seen players sent off in this world cup for offence's that were never what they were made out to be.

we have the technology in place or available to make such incidents a thing of the past, and if a player is deemed to played a trump card he should be red carded and sent off it's time we took this childish theatricals away from the game, many sports now use a video ref to back those on the field because they understand that not everything is seen by the three men in charge of the game. if you don't go down that route then at least have goal line ref because all to often the game moves faster than the three man refereeing team

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"the problem is this,

The premier league is so full of continental player our guys forget whom they are playing with or for and when they hear a shout for the ball they automatically pass to the player, it's called a reflex action. "

I think thats a bit too simplistic, but understand your point. If you watch our players, it seems they dont want the ball, its all "one touch", and its not good "one touch" either! Our first touch is shite, we usually surrender possession after first touch, so many times. We don't excell at the basic skills.

Also, next time you watch a match involving anyone except us, you will notice that the man in possession will not pass it to someone who is being marked. They will hold the ball and pass it into space. We just pass it and hope our guy beats the opponent to it.

We are also the only country that consistantly boots the ball upfield at the first sign of trouble, instead of holding it up, calm play and start again. I know every country uses the tactic sometimes, but we use it too much.

No country needs to use a ball winner against us, because we give it away too readily.

We are not good enough technically or tacticaly, and I will keep saying it.

We can't ban EU players, but we can educate our football clubs not to buy them, but it's never going to happen is it? We have Visa Employment Laws that are too easily breached by lawyers so unfortunately foriegn players are here to stay.

Dont get me wrong I love watching the top overseas players, but there are too many ordinary overseas players in our leagues.

They are only here for the money, so perhaps there should be a cap on how much money they can take out of the country. Just a thought, but it might work

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Teams like Chelsea, Arsenal & Co. are in the business of competing for titles and filling their stadiums, how do we go about educating teams like this not to buy the best foreign players available to them?

They are a business as well as a sports team, the sheer amount of TV revenue open to them is enough to ensure they do EVERYTHING in their power to get into the European Cup every season, and that means buying the foreign players they need to do so.

» Add a new message to this topic