FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Distance......

Distance......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Ok I know distance can be an issue but in a country as small as ours (when you think about it, it is quite small!) Why do people not put more effort into meeting others? I mean if I had a connection with someone and would love to meet them, why does a small plane/train put others off? Just interested as to why as it wouldn't put me off xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Cost and time maybe? We will travel an hour by car no longer.

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

"Ok I know distance can be an issue but in a country as small as ours (when you think about it, it is quite small!) Why do people not put more effort into meeting others? I mean if I had a connection with someone and would love to meet them, why does a small plane/train put others off? Just interested as to why as it wouldn't put me off xx"
if I had the time it wouldn't put me off but I havent

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

20 miles max for me x

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

Cost, time, work, family commitments all cause difficulties.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well I've never come across anyone I'm prepared to travel to the other side of the country for, its only sex

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I think it is largely time and money. It's not that cheap to get around this small island unless you book well in advance.

I have travelled to meet people but I also travel and arrange meets around the country. However, I would never encourage a man to come to London specifically to meet me as I cannot and will not promise more than a social meet.

I'd quite happily travel long distance for the right person/people. Quite like train journeys with my book.

[Removed by poster at 27/08/14 22:29:31]

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Purely time....if I had the time and freedom to do a fab tour, I'd do it and Aberdeen would be on my list

"Cost, time, work, family commitments all cause difficulties. "

All of those things.....I live in the real world.....with a real life and a real family.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Cost and time,and I do not travel dressed

I only travel for 2 miles, but can stretch it to 5 miles, wanna be home for big brother lol

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I think it is largely time and money. It's not that cheap to get around this small island unless you book well in advance.

I have travelled to meet people but I also travel and arrange meets around the country. However, I would never encourage a man to come to London specifically to meet me as I cannot and will not promise more than a social meet.

"

Yes I think thats the thing. We will never play on a first meet and wouldn't travel a long distance for a social or expect anyone to travel to us. So an hour tops for us.

By *ighland_RoseCouple  over a year ago

Brigadoon

It's a small island but one thing that staggered me the first time I came here was how long it took to cover small distances. That said, however, I have travelled hundreds of miles to meet people and had people travel hundreds of miles to meet me, but it was for more than just a shag.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I don't mind traveling, some thing are sooooo worth it

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"It's a small island but one thing that staggered me the first time I came here was how long it took to cover small distances. That said, however, I have travelled hundreds of miles to meet people and had people travel hundreds of miles to meet me, but it was for more than just a shag."

Scotland - Aberdeen

Sorry it was just something I wondered about, as I would quite happily travel to someone I was really interested in meeting, be it by train or plane and costs aren't that big, or maybe just me x

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"Sorry it was just something I wondered about, as I would quite happily travel to someone I was really interested in meeting, be it by train or plane and costs aren't that big, or maybe just me x"

I have traveled and met people who have traveled a long way to meet - but I prefer repeat play opportunities, and distance really gets in the way of that.

Its also a wariness, what if you travel a long distance and someone is not what they promised... even the most rigorous checks can be let down face to face for many reasons.

"It's a small island but one thing that staggered me the first time I came here was how long it took to cover small distances. That said, however, I have travelled hundreds of miles to meet people and had people travel hundreds of miles to meet me, but it was for more than just a shag."

I always try and get a group of people together or meet more than one person I have been chatting to from the forum when I go on my travels. Plus I always have things I would like to see or do in an area.

So, no sex on my Derbyshire trip but a great time meeting people and me having a little holiday.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Sorry it was just something I wondered about, as I would quite happily travel to someone I was really interested in meeting, be it by train or plane and costs aren't that big, or maybe just me x

I have traveled and met people who have traveled a long way to meet - but I prefer repeat play opportunities, and distance really gets in the way of that.

Its also a wariness, what if you travel a long distance and someone is not what they promised... even the most rigorous checks can be let down face to face for many reasons."

I know all of that, but besiding it all and you know you will get on sexual wise as well as social why don't people make the effort? I really don't get it, I've travelled for socials etc, and they are not a problem for me x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Sorry it was just something I wondered about, as I would quite happily travel to someone I was really interested in meeting, be it by train or plane and costs aren't that big, or maybe just me x

Its also a wariness, what if you travel a long distance and someone is not what they promised... even the most rigorous checks can be let down face to face for many reasons.

I know all of that, but besiding it all and you know you will get on sexual wise as well as social why don't people make the effort? I really don't get it, I've travelled for socials etc, and they are not a problem for me x"

maybe not everyone has the same budget as you to be getting trains tting trains and planes same as you

Because they don't have the time!.....I get 4 hours on average when I meet....if I travel even an hour away I only get 2 hours play time. That is why.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I know all of that, but besiding it all and you know you will get on sexual wise as well as social why don't people make the effort? I really don't get it, I've travelled for socials etc, and they are not a problem for me x"

How can you ever know you'll get on with someone socially and sexually before you meet?

You can think it likely but there's only one way to be sure.

With a very limited budget, distance is governed by the cost of getting somewhere. What type of meet and how well we've been getting on is also a factor. We'd make a road trip into a weekend for the right person. For a cuppa on the other hand, it'd have to be fairly local

"Ok I know distance can be an issue but in a country as small as ours (when you think about it, it is quite small!) Why do people not put more effort into meeting others? I mean if I had a connection with someone and would love to meet them, why does a small plane/train put others off? Just interested as to why as it wouldn't put me off xx"
. I totally agree if there is a connection what's the problem

I've travelled and i'm willing to travel. I'm quite flexible with my work so travelling hasn't been an issue.

All of my meets have been outside of London and if i get along with someone through messages, texts, whatsapp and so forth then i'd travel any distance to meet them. My only barrier is costs and to be honest it hasn't been that expensive.

But, if i really like someone. I'd travel.

I know all of that, but besiding it all and you know you will get on sexual wise as well as social why don't people make the effort? I really don't get it, I've travelled for socials etc, and they are not a problem for me x

How can you ever know you'll get on with someone socially and sexually before you meet?

You can think it likely but there's only one way to be sure."

I am always right about that......still doesn't change that I don't have much time.....thats why I'm always right about that

OP, I'd travel to uranus

Maybe.

It's just a ball ache.

"Maybe.

It's just a ball ache. "

The idea is to get rid of that particular ache.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Well I've never come across anyone. I'm prepared to travel to the other side of the country for sex.

"

My kinda gal

I ve met people from all over the country, i even traveled to Texas to meet a girl, but i find alot on here now are just talkers

We'd travel further for someone we'd met at a social tgan for someone we'd never met.

And we could/would probably find an excuse to combine a trip further a field with a meet.

But travelling much further than London or a local club for a random meet is unlikely to ever happen because the time and cost wouldn't justify it

I can only travel into my local town. 20 minutes. that is why I won't meet anyone too far away. not fair to them to travel 100's miles

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I have a fabulous car I love... I'm way happy to travel.

I've lots of friends up and down the country cause of forums like these. Back in the day I was a total munch whore as well as a gibshite. I think I might even graduate to hardcore if I was as good at the shagging people thing as I am the making friends thing.

Life is too short not to take a risk on a connection every now and then. It's mostly paid off. Thankfully.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Fucking autocarrot!

By *ighland_RoseCouple  over a year ago

Brigadoon

There is also the fact that when you live as far away from the rest of the U.K. as we do that you get used to travelling. For people with thousands of people to meet on their doorstep the idea may never cross their minds to travel long distance.

"Fucking autocarrot! "

oooh..are u using a battery powered carrot?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Longest i have gone so far is a 4 hour drive to the south coast to meet someone for sex, spent 4 hours with them and then a 4 hour drive back home, was well worth it in the end though.

I'd probably travel upto Aberdeen sometime if i was invited

[Removed by poster at 27/08/14 23:17:04]

"Fucking autocarrot! "

Sorry i did giggle at this

All of my travels have been for socials so far. I might get a shag eventually lol

"Maybe.

It's just a ball ache.

The idea is to get rid of that particular ache.

"

I'd have to really really like someone.

I've got friends I can't be arsed to visit, let alone someone from the interweb.

"Ok I know distance can be an issue but in a country as small as ours (when you think about it, it is quite small!) Why do people not put more effort into meeting others? I mean if I had a connection with someone and would love to meet them, why does a small plane/train put others off? Just interested as to why as it wouldn't put me off xx

There is also the fact that when you live as far away from the rest of the U.K. as we do that you get used to travelling. For people with thousands of people to meet on their doorstep the idea may never cross their minds to travel long distance."

Believe me...I wish I could...it would make my fantasy life a lot easier

"We'd travel further for someone we'd met at a social tgan for someone we'd never met.

And we could/would probably find an excuse to combine a trip further a field with a meet.

But travelling much further than London or a local club for a random meet is unlikely to ever happen because the time and cost wouldn't justify it"

Sometimes I wish I could edit posts. Last paragraph should start "But generally travelling much fufurther"

I wouldn't arrange to travel across the country specifically to meet someone

We may go away for the weekend and if theres anyone we know in the area we'd maybe meet up with them as part of the weekend

Its a bit ironic when your profile currently says "can't travel" In reality though a lot will and do.

Furthest ive travelled is 5hrs to Birmingham. I had to book weekend off work get overnight babysitting sorted for longer.cost of 2 nights hotel and ptrol split between me and a female friend.money for food etc and cost of 2 club entrance nights

unfortunately its not something I can do often so easier to drive couple hrs to london areas as can drive home after

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

They can come from Lands End and John o Groats and central England is a reasonable meeting ground. We have good clubs, coffee shops and more reasonable hotels than London. Id hate anyone to feel pressured though, so think back up plans are important. If we were all single, rich and didnt work then probably more of us would coast around on a fuck tour. If thats an election pledge next year from any party then they get my vote.

Its all about money; for the 6 yrs I have been here, I have been doing 2 jobs so that I could pay off debts therefore little money to spend on travel, at this moment in time, I am only temping during the day with a second job so there is even less spare money. Overall for me, if I cannot travel to them, I don't think its fair that they should travel several hours to me especially as I only meet socially first time

I should add that even travelling to a club is difficult and I only managed to go to Xstasia on my own because I had some redundancy money so could afford to

i prefer it if men are local to me.i dont like them to travel too far,as a first meet is only ever a social.but the amount of blokes who say the distance isnt a problem is mad.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

It's sex! Personally I'd rather spend time/money on holidays. I have a partner and enough local playmates to satisfy my needs, why on earth would I fly to Scotland for a shag?!!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Well I've never come across anyone I'm prepared to travel to the other side of the country for, its only sex

"

Exactly!

"i prefer it if men are local to me.i dont like them to travel too far,as a first meet is only ever a social.but the amount of blokes who say the distance isnt a problem is mad."

Especially when they expect to come down for a play without knowing what you look like and not having shown themselves either as I had this week from someone from nearly 2 hrs away

I hate travelling and I'm actually a bit phobic about it. I'd have more adventures if I did it's true!

I only meet locally, around 30 mins radius of where I live as I see no point in travelling miles and I just don't have the time. I also always meet socially first and don't always play on a first meet so wouldn't expect someone to travel miles for this although I have had people in 3-400 miles away suggest they come down and meet in a hotel. I wouldn't ever entertain the idea as its not guaranteed to end in play if there's no connection and I'm not comfortable.

I have travelled all over for meets. But its been for a weekend away with people who I know. Its bloody expensive and time consuming and nothing worse than getting there and your knackered

I would travel but only if I have chatted to them for a few weeks/months,

I want to do some sight seeing soon so i would just book a hotel for a few days and make the most of it

As I said earlier, I'm happy to travel even if it's just a social. Meeting the person is the thing that is most important to me not the play. If I want to meet them then distance is not an issue, just timing.

"I only meet locally, around 30 mins radius of where I live as I see no point in travelling miles and I just don't have the time. I also always meet socially first and don't always play on a first meet so wouldn't expect someone to travel miles for this although I have had people in 3-400 miles away suggest they come down and meet in a hotel. I wouldn't ever entertain the idea as its not guaranteed to end in play if there's no connection and I'm not comfortable."

This.

"Cost, time, work, family commitments all cause difficulties.

All of those things.....I live in the real world.....with a real life and a real family."

By *plankyMan  over a year ago

Beeston

I can take you to heaven - but only if you are within thirty miles as travel is a bit difficult at the moment.

As long as it can be arranged to suit both parties I'm happy to travel. Already been up and down the country for meets.

By *oody39Man  over a year ago

tunbridge wells

I have had a woman travel from fife to spend the weekend with, via a different site.

Trouble was although we previously stated it was just a sex weekend, turned out she thought as she had travelled so far, there must be more than just sex. Can be tricky.

Real life has a terrible habit of getting in the way...

I used to be prepared to travel epic distances but know how things can go south. Been chatting to a lady for some time, we had really clicked. I arranged a hotel, booked time off work and spent 4 hours driving there.

Unfortunately her daughter ended up in A+E so she had to decline last minute.

I know there was no guarantee that we would play but now if I do travel, I make sure that I have work in the area..

Incidentally, her daughter recovered fine.

Anyway, I am not the op's type

We don't really meet locally so we prefer to travel, as we only really meet at clubs now it doesn't matter if we have a meet arranged or not, and it's always nice seeing different parts of the country

"I only meet locally, around 30 mins radius of where I live as I see no point in travelling miles and I just don't have the time. I also always meet socially first and don't always play on a first meet so wouldn't expect someone to travel miles for this although I have had people in 3-400 miles away suggest they come down and meet in a hotel. I wouldn't ever entertain the idea as its not guaranteed to end in play if there's no connection and I'm not comfortable."

Me too. Glad im not the only one who does this

I wouldn't travel to meet someone I'd never met before, could end up being a costly cup of coffee...!!

Also I don't have the time with work & family commitments.

However I'd travel for a social party / event, would tie that in with meeting someone ~ kill 2 birds 1 stone etc etc

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Given my situation I wouldn't really travel too far just for a one on one meet. It's 2 hours on the train to just get to London (and the best part of £30 or more) so time/money won't allow it.

It's not so bad if it's a big event that's been organised well in advance like the social in June to make a weekend of it and see lots of people and get a good meet in too.

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Devon is a big county that will do me but would travel to Cornwall Dorset and Somerset

By *heOwlMan  over a year ago

Altrincham

I tend to agree the distances in this country are relatively small, however they can take some time to cover, due to the lovely wiggly roads we have been blessed with

That said I have no issue with traveling. I have travelled 4000 miles to meet someone in the past (was a very nice cup of coffee), and am currently trying to decide if I sould pay a visit to Elgin next spring, but that is more of a catch up than anything else.

My view is I have a wee car and will happily bumble along, even if it is just for a coffee and a chat, for the right person, assuming I have the cash, of course.

Time and distance arent really a problem for me.... its more of an issue fitting a meet with someone far away in around 'real life'

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

I had a girlfriend from Dyce just outside Aberdeen I used to fly up every other week to spend time with her from Leeds/Bradford airport to Aberdeen it was an hour

Well I see you go to jaydees here in Cambs! So you practise what you preach x

Funnily enough I used to have a fwb in bridge of don which you will know!

That Sid she was beautiful and we had the best sex ever! X

"Cost, time, work, family commitments all cause difficulties. "

Purely time for me. The further I drive to get somewhere, the less horny I am when I get there!

Who doesn't love a weekend away, even of the sole purpose is sex I would much rather travel and make a weekend of it, go out for food, get d*unk, have a laugh rather than a quickie with a stranger down the road.

» Add a new message to this topic