FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wayne Rooney is the new England captain...

Wayne Rooney is the new England captain...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why? He has never performed on the big stage in an England shirt?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

have any of your players?

Gawd help us

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Maybe a bit of desperation to keep his 'experience' with a young squad..?

not sure whom else Hodgson could have gone for..

"have any of your players?"

Not for a few years now!

By *ellowmaleMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

Lunatics and asylum springs to mind

By *ondonpride69Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Is princess Fiona or donkey the vice captain.

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

Shit No. that petulant kid can't be he Is a grade one fuckwit

"Is princess Fiona or donkey the vice captain. "

Rip Moore butcher Pearce etc etc ..... Just goes to show the state of English football. We have no other candidates. Thanks Rupert Murdoch's for your pumping of our league for your own gain, killed football

He's not leadership material he has it because of his seniority and nothing else as I see it.

Elland

"Rip Moore butcher Pearce etc etc ..... Just goes to show the state of English football. We have no other candidates. Thanks Rupert Murdoch's for your pumping of our league for your own gain, killed football"

Hell yes... Cant agree any more that the above statement he is a Child who spits his dummy out but never plays on the big stage

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

"He's not leadership material he has it because of his seniority and nothing else as I see it. "

be a long wait for any international trophy still....

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

So who would you all pick? Im not hearing any candidates

Who's a viable alternative, it's ok slagging the bloke off but can you instantly name your captain instead of Rooney?

Clearly nobody here has any clue about football.

By *icefellatwoMan  over a year ago

hastings

"Why? He has never performed on the big stage in an England shirt? "

Shit manager and now shit captain.

The F A know F A.

suffolk

there isn't a viable alternative to Rooney getting the job ..there isn't a decent enough player with experience..hence he got the job..

hastings

"there isn't a viable alternative to Rooney getting the job ..there isn't a decent enough player with experience..hence he got the job.."

There was a viable alternative to Hodgson as the manager

I wanted joe hart ..just so he got more air time and I got to perv

suffolk

"there isn't a viable alternative to Rooney getting the job ..there isn't a decent enough player with experience..hence he got the job..

There was a viable alternative to Hodgson as the manager "

whom prey tell....

By *uessWhosBackAgainMan  over a year ago

London

Rooney was the only logical choice the others that they spoke about Joe Hart or Gary Cahill would be an evan bigger risk plus neither of them have been a club captain before or have as much experience as him also remember Rooney is man utd captain now as well

"there isn't a viable alternative to Rooney getting the job ..there isn't a decent enough player with experience..hence he got the job..

whom prey tell...."

The problem is that we have no out and out candidate due to the foreign players which Rupert Murdoch has thrown sky money at to get the fans to subscribe to. A great example would be Jack Wiltshire solid midfielder but not a regular with arsenal , we have no other choices, we are be coming a 3 world team. In the world cup Costa Rica was the lowest ranked team and we were not at their level . Unfortunately we will only slide down . However when the Euro comes round the sun and sky will pimp it up to make you believe in the hype so u can bet and watch.....I know because I fall for it. Rupert Murdoch's runs the government

[Removed by poster at 28/08/14 15:46:59]

"Rooney was the only logical choice the others that they spoke about Joe Hart or Gary Cahill would be an evan bigger risk plus neither of them have been a club captain before or have as much experience as him also remember Rooney is man utd captain now as well"

Well being Captain of Man Utd. these days is hardly a recommendation is it.

They have exactly the same problem as England.

A shite squad and every man for himself.

By *layingkitty69Woman  over a year ago

DONCASTER

Only thing he any good at is playing away from home a bad day for English football never going to see them win a world cup in the next millennium

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"Rip Moore butcher Pearce etc etc ..... Just goes to show the state of English football. We have no other candidates. Thanks Rupert Murdoch's for your pumping of our league for your own gain, killed football"

Because we were so wildly successful before Sky. As I recall we won every World Cup and European Championship before Sky came along

hastings

whom prey tell...."

Harry Rednap should have got the job

hastings

"Rooney was the only logical choice the others that they spoke about Joe Hart or Gary Cahill would be an evan bigger risk plus neither of them have been a club captain before or have as much experience as him also remember Rooney is man utd captain now as well"

And they are doing well !

I'm waiting for Sol Campbell to chip in and say he deserves it this time. Not another caucasian i'm hearing.

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"Joe Hart or Gary Cahill would be an evan bigger risk "

What risk ? We're the only country that gives a shit who the captain is. The other countries (mostly all better than us) realise that it's pretty meaningless.

"Rip Moore butcher Pearce etc etc ..... Just goes to show the state of English football. We have no other candidates. Thanks Rupert Murdoch's for your pumping of our league for your own gain, killed football

Because we were so wildly successful before Sky. As I recall we won every World Cup and European Championship

before Sky came along "

No we were not successful but we were challenges not cannon foder

"

I'm waiting for Sol Campbell to chip in and say he deserves it this time. Not another caucasian i'm hearing. "

Haha bloody brilliant, lol made me smile

"Joe Hart or Gary Cahill would be an evan bigger risk

What risk ? We're the only country that gives a shit who the captain is. The other countries (mostly all better than us) realise that it's pretty meaningless."

Well it can add an awful lot of money, when you want a sponsorship deal.

The captain will get a lot of coverage on TV.

Lets face it,you cant expect a top class player to struggle on £300,000 a week can you.

lol was kinda excepted it would be him, no suprice there

London

"Rip Moore butcher Pearce etc etc ..... Just goes to show the state of English football. We have no other candidates. Thanks Rupert Murdoch's for your pumping of our league for your own gain, killed football

Because we were so wildly successful before Sky. As I recall we won every World Cup and European Championship

before Sky came along

No we were not successful but we were challenges not cannon foder"

challengers? How? England have always been crap come on now one semi-final since they won it in 66' (we won't even get into that)

London

"Rooney was the only logical choice the others that they spoke about Joe Hart or Gary Cahill would be an evan bigger risk plus neither of them have been a club captain before or have as much experience as him also remember Rooney is man utd captain now as well

And they are doing well !"

I agree they are doing shit but his been captain a for a couple of weeks if that but as a football fan I know they ain't gonna be doing that bad forever

kildare

Do you think whoever is captain is going to make any difference?

It would be the final piece of the puzzle if you had good squad and manager,as it is its a mute point

imo

Think they should just scrap the current format and pick the best pub football team players. Would rather watch them lose than the overpaid pricks who can't play as a team and are full of excuses. (Sorry I thought it was Thursday)

"Do you think whoever is captain is going to make any difference?

It would be the final piece of the puzzle if you had good squad and manager,as it is its a mute point

imo"

English football needs a massive shake up, in much the same way as the Germans did 10 odd years ago. We need to start investing in youngsters and the Premier League clubs to set up more efficient academies.

The FA needs a kick in the bollox. Hodgson was never the right person for the job. He is way to negative in his approach to the game. The current crop of players are simply not good enough individually or as a team.

Its a good question about who you would have if not Rooney. Cahill or Hart are the obvious choices. Personally, I would not even have Rooney in the team.

Maybe I will be proved wrong. I remember thinking Beckham was an insane choice of captain, but he led by example and worked his arse off in an England shirt. I just dont see Rooney doing the same.

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Should of been Gary Cahill

Rooney can't even do what he's told on the field let alone tell others

Not even fit to be in the team

"Should of been Gary Cahill

Not even fit to be in the team"

For the first time ever, I think I agree with you

kildare

You need to look at what the french,german and dutch done a decade ago with their national youth academies and follow best practise.

Its not like the FA dont have the resources.

the answer is on your doorstep

kildare

The europeans actually done this a couple of decades ago or more.

thats how far you are behind

London

For the first time ever, I think I agree with you "

just wondering who would you pick to replace Rooney given the chance?

By *vsnikkiTV/TS  over a year ago

Limavady

If England do wellat a tournament the BBC will be unbearable to listen to for those of us that aren't English.

So to ensure that doesn't happen, Rooney is an excellent choice!

Elland

For the first time ever, I think I agree with you

just wondering who would you pick to replace Rooney given the chance?"

Rooney is a chimp. I wouldn't have him as a captain of my lads U12 team ... You best captains are normally defenders they can watch the game Rooney can't read the cat sat on the mat.. never mind an international....

London

In my opinion English football has alway had the same problem the players don't get a proper international football education (like everybody else) what I mean by this is playing tournament football from a young age u15-u21 no matter how good you think the player will go on to become, for example most of the Germany team that won the world cup this year played tournament football together growing up hence the reason they can handle the pressure and it's not all new to them because they have been playing tournament football for years I unlike English players who go to the world cup with a handful of international caps and freeze if they get played at all!

I remember spain winning the Euro's they took Mata and Jordi Alba for the experience then after the tournament sent them to play in the Olympics told them the playing experience will do you well and I agree but the English players don't evan want to play in these tournaments they would rather go on holiday and sit on a beach but I don't blame them it's way too easy to get in the England squad and they know it

look at calum chambers a handful of games for arsenal bang his in the squad now he will be under pressure to perform for England as well as keep his place in the arsenal team ahead of established international players personally I think I think it's too much too soon and I'm a arsenal fan

Just my thoughts on the matter could go on alot longer but I won't

I find some of the answers on here so comical.

How many of you actually watch football in general or are you so wrapped up in your own club you don't rate anyone other than your own

As a Scotsman here, we have t had a decent International squad since the 70's

I watch Premiership football almost as regular as I watch any football and I can never understand the hatred toward Rooney.

He is an a all round player, he can come back into midfield and play an attacking midfield role, upfront he is a goal machine especially when he has

The right service from those around him.

I agree Beckham lead by example as did Lineker as will Wayne, give the guy a chance

The problem with English football is the media, we harken back to Trafalgar and Lord Nelson's "England expects to win every competition it enters"

You are way behind the rest of Europe when it comes to building young players. The Dutch have had

Schools of excellence for decades, look at the Ajax setup, for years they build up young blood for the Spanish, Italian and English leagues yet the Eriedivisie is no better than your Championship. Take Cruyff, Gullit, van Basten the deBoer twins etc all world class players

Someone mentioned the FA should shell out more in soccer academies, they do it's just the kids have nowhere to go once they graduate. All the big teams throw money at foreign players

I only have to look at my own doorstep, Rangers spent £12m for a new training ground and soccer academy that churns out talent every season, yet they then spend millions on foreign players to help them to nine league titles in a row and coming within a hair of a tenth.

They are paying for it now, booted of the SPL and having to start all over again in the lower echelons if Scottish football.

Celtic now stand alone as the only consistent team in the SPL. Without Rangers they need only turn up in a Saturday to win the title. Lack of competition shows as they are bundled out of Europe once again before the serious teams even start

So back to Wayne Rooney.

Apart from Cahill he is the perfect choice, he will run his heart out all day.

I only wish Scotland had that problem

By *AC and LACCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Chesterfield

"Is princess Fiona or donkey the vice captain. "

Well said,

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Why? He has never performed on the big stage in an England shirt? "

Yes he has, at the euro 2004 tournament finals when he first burst onto the scene with England as an 18 year old. Unfortunately he got injured in the tournament and then could play no further part, but up until the injury he was our best player with 4 goals in that tournament. Never really performed on the big stage for England since though mind.

"have any of your players?"
if yours ever find a big stage we'll be able to see how they perform...

England just don't seem to have the heart to succeed in any tournament, so, I don't think the choice will make much difference although, I'd prefer a captain to be in a position where the majority of his teams play is in front of him rather than central attack.

» Add a new message to this topic