FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Yes to english independence

Yes to english independence

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When Scotland finally breaks free from the corrupt shackles of westminster, england will be a free country, and it is going to be such fun watching posh davie and his mate cleggie the cardboard cutout fighting off the bold farage and mad bad boris, it will be the best show in town. Your only chance of survival is to come north to free Scotland and seek asylum

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"When Scotland finally breaks free from the corrupt shackles of westminster, england will be a free country, and it is going to be such fun watching posh davie and his mate cleggie the cardboard cutout fighting off the bold farage and mad bad boris, it will be the best show in town. Your only chance of survival is to come north to free Scotland and seek asylum "

lol - cant wait to see the results either! Salmond is "priceless"!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Watching John Bishop on Last Leg last night, he said Scotland is like the partner in a relationship that keeps say 'I want to go. I'm not happy with you', and in the end the other partner is just going to say 'well fuck off then'.

Just don't come crawling back when the EU won't commit

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"When Scotland finally breaks free from the corrupt shackles of westminster, england will be a free country, and it is going to be such fun watching posh davie and his mate cleggie the cardboard cutout fighting off the bold farage and mad bad boris, it will be the best show in town. Your only chance of survival is to come north to free Scotland and seek asylum "

Not sure how "Free" Scotlands independence would be.....Saw an article on the BBC website that there were Yes ad No votes for sale on E-bay 99p no reserve!

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

The corruption is not contained to Westminster. They're all a shower of eejits. Roll on 19th September and we can stop seeing the chat about it everywhere we look and maybe they'll get on with the job they're employed to do. Perhaps someone could write them a list on how to spend the taxpayers money instead of wasting it on shite.

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"Watching John Bishop on Last Leg last night, he said Scotland is like the partner in a relationship that keeps say 'I want to go. I'm not happy with you', and in the end the other partner is just going to say 'well fuck off then'.

Just don't come crawling back when the EU won't commit "

Yeah, I enjoyed that too - love The Last Leg.

Mind you, the way Cameron and Farage (and Britain First / BNP) are pushing things, Scotland's best chance of remaining in the EU may very well turn out to be a yes to independence.

If rUK leaves the EU, whilst an independent Scotland takes its place in the EU, I'll most likely migrate my company north of the border - and I know I'm not the only CEO who feels that way.

They need to restrict immigration that means no one in London can get a home, GP appointment or a school place as there are too many people. Maybe then English people will see Europe for the fantastic trading opportunity it really is and how much we have ultimately benefitted from it. A United Europe is the way forward for us.

You can keep your 'freedom' I'd sooner be a part of something bigger and more successful.

Scotland was part of something bigger, i think it was called the english empire, that's why we are desperate for our freedom and also yours, you never know, even Wales might also regain it's freedom

The rumors are Thomsons are going to run poverty tours to Scotland in 2018 to see how bad it has got and how lucky we are. It will be billed as a greater fall than Man Utd post whiskey nose.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Scotland was part of something bigger, i think it was called the english empire, that's why we are desperate for our freedom and also yours, you never know, even Wales might also regain it's freedom"

and all those tens of thousands of Scots who were part of that empire were not complicit or made their fortunes from it then..?

Don't recall a free self determining Scotland voting in its own parliament by its own elected members voting to invade country's, kill the inhabitants, loot anything worth stealing and being rather unpleasant to the folks that might want their country back all in the name of the empire

Let them get independance. Build a berlin style wall remove all millitary people and equipment immediately ban them from using sterling passport control to enter england only allow a few proffessionals to work in england. Apply same immigration laws we apply to the easter europeans then we will discover how many people and business owners from scotland the brave cope as i minority country standing alone. Bit like the falklands i guess barren and desolite but good luck my haggis eating caber tossing friends you deserve everything you vote for

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think for the majority of us there is virtually no such thing as freedom and a very limited form of democracy. The very wealthy and some in power get a little more of it. Id certainly be happy to see less of Salmond and sturgeon, 2 of the most irritating people in the public eye - Id vote for that to happen.

"The corruption is not contained to Westminster. They're all a shower of eejits. Roll on 19th September and we can stop seeing the chat about it everywhere we look and maybe they'll get on with the job they're employed to do. Perhaps someone could write them a list on how to spend the taxpayers money instead of wasting it on shite. "

every fucking one of them..

but then..argue about the politics and nobody really cares about monetary funds isa's investments etc etc..In my opinion, the whole YES campaign is merely about age old history and people thinking its english politics that rules our lives..when in fact, its just simple politics.

phrases like (put your best braveheart voice on)"brave,free,scotland",are impressive and emotive..but on the grand scheme of things...its only emotions that are being played with...and nothing is actually concrete.

I'm neither for or against,but local government have been a shower of money grabbing fuds for years now..lunches that cost hundreds(out of their own pay packet?....nahh) of pounds to talk about expenditures etc..the list goes on.

We've had officially recognized,world class events,stars from america making movies..obviously bringing money in with them...my council tax is still the same and my bins needed empty last week.This is life..I dont need the hassle of thinking it will get much better...so I will bow out and just get on with what I can and enjoy life..with a pinch of realism.

It would be refreshing for the Scots to vote for independence however they won't as the Scots don't have the confidence or each other to go it alone.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Scotland was part of something bigger, i think it was called the english empire, that's why we are desperate for our freedom and also yours, you never know, even Wales might also regain it's freedom"

nope.. it was called the british empire...

.....and i'd be really, really careful going down that route because there are a lot of black people with "scottish" surnames who came from the carribean for a reason...

p.s... its not the "goodness and light" reasons either....

By *luezuluMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

If they want to go, let em.

Lets see how long they last on their own, we can charge the fuck out of em for re-entry

Pound to a pinch of haggis if we the English were to hold a referendum about throwing scotland out of great britain salmond would be arguing that the Scottish people have rights to remain British.

No matter how they vote he is one irritating smug smiling little shit isnt he.

Good luck to them with him as their leader.

Even a pro scot like Andy Murray was ashamed of Salmonds antics at Wimbledon last year when he won it

Good luck to the south when you get mad bad boris as your dear leader and farage as his dancing dummy

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Don't recall a free self determining Scotland voting in its own parliament by its own elected members voting to invade country's, kill the inhabitants, loot anything worth stealing and being rather unpleasant to the folks that might want their country back all in the name of the empire "

but they still took part in all that and profited from such actions..

if the level of prosperity from such a time ended up mainly down south then that's another debate..

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"The corruption is not contained to Westminster. They're all a shower of eejits. Roll on 19th September and we can stop seeing the chat about it everywhere we look and maybe they'll get on with the job they're employed to do. Perhaps someone could write them a list on how to spend the taxpayers money instead of wasting it on shite.

every fucking one of them..

but then..argue about the politics and nobody really cares about monetary funds isa's investments etc etc..In my opinion, the whole YES campaign is merely about age old history and people thinking its english politics that rules our lives..when in fact, its just simple politics.

phrases like (put your best braveheart voice on)"brave,free,scotland",are impressive and emotive..but on the grand scheme of things...its only emotions that are being played with...and nothing is actually concrete.

I'm neither for or against,but local government have been a shower of money grabbing fuds for years now..lunches that cost hundreds(out of their own pay packet?....nahh) of pounds to talk about expenditures etc..the list goes on.

We've had officially recognized,world class events,stars from america making movies..obviously bringing money in with them...my council tax is still the same and my bins needed empty last week.This is life..I dont need the hassle of thinking it will get much better...so I will bow out and just get on with what I can and enjoy life..with a pinch of realism."

I wouldn't mind so much if they could answer the questions asked. There are so many people voting from a patriotic view that it's just not funny. I love Scotland as much as the next Scot but I'm uninterested in the Braveheart view. I want practical pros and cons and until such times as they stop with the over inflated egos and started with logic they can shove a yes vote up their arse.

The impact on the industry I work in is huge. I like my job. That's why I made the decision I've made.

I've just seen two cars this afternoon with yes stickers slapped on their bonnets. My first thought when I see that (regardless of it being a yes or a no sticker) is that you have to be some sort of demented fuckwit to ruin the paintwork on your car.

» Add a new message to this topic