FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Am I doing too much....

Am I doing too much....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Exercise?

I'm cycling 28 miles a day, train for 2 hours twice a week in martial arts and sunday mornings i go for a 5 mile run, a lot of my friends think I am but I see it as just keeping healthy, I'm sure theres others on here that do far more than me.....surely?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

if you are enjoying it and not missing out on family time... go for it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have a few friends that cycle a similar number of miles to you, they tend to do 3 x 25/30 miles in the week and then a 50/60 mile ride at the weekend. Plus run or swim. I do know though that they have rest days in between, as do I,( I cycle and box) although I do nothing like as much exercise as you do.

If you feel well and are enjoying it, then it seems like a good thing.

Doesn't sound to bad a bit of millage on the bike, is that commute? You can get fitter doing less millage if you try interval training. Short hard sessions going up to max heart rate then cooling down. As long as your having fun and not feeling burnt out (rest days are just as important) then enjoy yourself.

"Exercise?

I'm cycling 28 miles a day, train for 2 hours twice a week in martial arts and sunday mornings i go for a 5 mile run, a lot of my friends think I am but I see it as just keeping healthy, I'm sure theres others on here that do far more than me.....surely?"

Less than 15 hours a week. It's a lot but it's far from excessive.

I suspect that people who tell you it's too much inevitably do very little if anything and want to vindicate their own life style by criticising yours

» Add a new message to this topic