FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Berainho / Ched Evans

Berainho / Ched Evans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

New England starlet Saido Berainho has been arrested for driving at 110mph while under the influence of alcohol. He will of course face a criminal process.

While one cannot compare rape with dangerous driving while d*unk, it is still an act of wrecklessness that could have easily led to loss of life. Will the public clamour to see him banned from football? I doubt it. Will his club terminate his contract? No chance.

When will the FA and clubs start to educate the young men in the profession to behave properly? When will they put in place disciplinary procedures that could result in the loss of their jobs if they are found guilty of criminal actions as would happen in most other professions? When will the game instill some moral standards and put integrity above money? I won't waste much energy waiting for it to happen

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

With the best will in the world, people (even without the help of the media) take a very particular view of sex crimes. So I doubt anyone will call for this chap to lose his job, even though he probably should. After all, normal people lose theirs for less on a daily basis.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

football players are human like the rest of us and make mistakes.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Drinking and driving is not a "mistake".

"Drinking and driving is not a "mistake"."

Oh, isn't it, if you say so then.

By *icefellatwoMan  over a year ago

hastings

"New England starlet Saido Berainho has been arrested for driving at 110mph while under the influence of alcohol. He will of course face a criminal process.

While one cannot compare rape with dangerous driving while d*unk, it is still an act of wrecklessness that could have easily led to loss of life. Will the public clamour to see him banned from football? I doubt it. Will his club terminate his contract? No chance.

When will the FA and clubs start to educate the young men in the profession to behave properly? When will they put in place disciplinary procedures that could result in the loss of their jobs if they are found guilty of criminal actions as would happen in most other professions? When will the game instill some moral standards and put integrity above money? I won't waste much energy waiting for it to happen "

You say that you cannot compare it with rape,what would we be saying if he had crashed into another car killing four people that would then be a lot worse.

"New England starlet Saido Berainho has been arrested for driving at 110mph while under the influence of alcohol. He will of course face a criminal process.

When will the FA and clubs start to educate the young men in the profession to behave properly? When will they put in place disciplinary procedures that could result in the loss of their jobs if they are found guilty of criminal actions as would happen in most other professions? When will the game instill some moral standards and put integrity above money? I won't waste much energy waiting for it to happen

You say that you cannot compare it with rape,what would we be saying if he had crashed into another car killing four people that would then be a lot worse.

"

I did say that so hopefully we agree, obviously the crimes are different and I believe he should be punished and in normal circumstances he would find himself fired, but football has no moral code whatsoever.

"Drinking and driving is not a "mistake".

Oh, isn't it, if you say so then."

No, it isn't. You don't drink alcohol accidentally and then accidentally get into a car to drive.

It's bloody irresponsible and done knowingly.

"

You can't really order the crimes on a scale of "badness". They're equally devastating to the people involved.

hastings

I did say that so hopefully we agree, obviously the crimes are different and I believe he should be punished and in normal circumstances he would find himself fired, but football has no moral code whatsoever. "

Why would he be fired under normal circumstances if his job does not involve driving.

I did say that so hopefully we agree, obviously the crimes are different and I believe he should be punished and in normal circumstances he would find himself fired, but football has no moral code whatsoever.

Why would he be fired under normal circumstances if his job does not involve driving.

"

In many professions, being found guilty of a criminal offence constitutes gross misconduct and leads to instant dismissal.

hastings

In many professions, being found guilty of a criminal offence constitutes gross misconduct and leads to instant dismissal."

So you are punished by the courts and then punished again I personally don't think that is good.

In many professions, being found guilty of a criminal offence constitutes gross misconduct and leads to instant dismissal.

So you are punished by the courts and then punished again I personally don't think that is good."

Cause and effect. If you don't want to risk your livelihood, don't break the law.

"football players are human like the rest of us and make mistakes."

You don't rape someone and you don't drive at 110mph while pissed by 'mistake'

So you are punished by the courts and then punished again I personally don't think that is good."

No it isn't realy, and not everyone loses their job anyway.

"football players are human like the rest of us and make mistakes.

You don't rape someone and you don't drive at 110mph while pissed by 'mistake' "

I know that, I was thinking when you were young you may make mistakes by doing things you shouldn't, just because hes a well paid footballer doesn't make him any worst than anyone else.

If he wasent a England squad player would WBA have sacked him as they would have a young apprentice

"

I agree both are serious crimes, but he didn't kill anyone did he.

three donkeys were killed by a hit and run driver where we live.

I know that, I was thinking when you were young you may make mistakes by doing things you shouldn't, just because hes a well paid footballer doesn't make him any worst than anyone else."

You seem to be missing my point. A deliberate action that any right thinkibg person knows is wring is nit and never will be a 'mistake'.

Trivialising crimes in this way is what makes them acceptable

I know that, I was thinking when you were young you may make mistakes by doing things you shouldn't, just because hes a well paid footballer doesn't make him any worst than anyone else.

You seem to be missing my point. A deliberate action that any right thinkibg person knows is wring is nit and never will be a 'mistake'.

Trivialising crimes in this way is what makes them acceptable"

Only im not trivialising it though, whenever I hear of someone who has driven to fast or been drinking and driving I think they are idiots.

I wouldn't stop speaking to them though.

"

When will the FA and clubs start to educate the young men in the profession to behave properly? When will they put in place disciplinary procedures that could result in the loss of their jobs if they are found guilty of criminal actions as would happen in most other professions? When will the game instill some moral standards and put integrity above money? I won't waste much energy waiting for it to happen "

From the club's perspective, footballers are a financial asset. This young man is possibly worth circa £25M. Do you really believe a club is going to devalue or give away it's most important financial assets?

I agree with what drives your question but cannot see a key change coming from the club's.

"football players are human like the rest of us and make mistakes."

Mistakes?

Ok then

I am a Sheffield United fan and the Ched Evans story is close to my heart

I've never believed he was guilty ever since the story broke in 2011 and after reading tens of websites and other various literature on the case in my opinion it is a massive miscarriage of justice.... I'm not saying hes done nothing wrong as been in a privileged job such as his he's made a foolish mistake just been there but to call it rape was rediculous

The media only ever mention half of what went on that night and doing so turned the whole thing into a whitch hunt

Now even though he's trying to clear his name he will struggle to ever get his life back in any form all because of one stupid mistake

"

From the club's perspective, footballers are a financial asset. This young man is possibly worth circa £25M. Do you really believe a club is going to devalue or give away it's most important financial assets?

I agree with what drives your question but cannot see a key change coming from the club's. "

Sadly you are right

"I am a Sheffield United fan and the Ched Evans story is close to my heart

I've never believed he was guilty ever since the story broke in 2011 and after reading tens of websites and other various literature on the case in my opinion it is a massive miscarriage of justice.... I'm not saying hes done nothing wrong as been in a privileged job such as his he's made a foolish mistake just been there but to call it rape was rediculous

The media only ever mention half of what went on that night and doing so turned the whole thing into a whitch hunt

Now even though he's trying to clear his name he will struggle to ever get his life back in any form all because of one stupid mistake"

have you read the public papers setting out the review of the case by the judges who turned down his appeal??

hastings

Now even though he's trying to clear his name he will struggle to ever get his life back in any form all because of one stupid mistake"

The trouble is you only hear from the people who want him sacked.

Not the millions who don't.

He has served his punishment!

Now even though he's trying to clear his name he will struggle to ever get his life back in any form all because of one stupid mistake

have you read the public papers setting out the review of the case by the judges who turned down his appeal??"

I think his supporters tend to prefer his own website as their main source of information rather than the slightly less biased and readily available court notes

A person who does not admit his crime never gets parole why Ched Evans money talks he should have done 2/3 of sentance not 1/2.I think reading case hes not guilty

The trouble is you only hear from the people who want him sacked.

Not the millions who don't.

He has served his punishment! "

sorry to be a pedant but he has already been sacked

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Let's get this clear, you have read tens of websites and other unnamed literature yet the media only mention half of what went on? What evidence do you have that isn't media based that would prove this gigantic miscarriage of justice? I think that you should give it to the police because it would help his case wouldn't it? If you have no such evidence and believe your research conducted in what you admit to be a flawed domain to be superior to evidence presented under oath in a court of law then I suggest that your logic is seriously flawed.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

WBA has a rather tough line on breaking the law, Lee Hughes will tell you that. No doubt the club will deal with him after the courts have. Just has the cheats sorry Sheffield Utd should have dealt with their player

Good Post.

There have been incidents when footballer have killed look at lee Hughes he was drink driving and killed someone on his release he was snapped up buy a club and got paid well for it noting in the paper about that and their was another incident when a goal Keeper killed 3 people reckless driving again he was released signed back with the same club and now his captain

"

have you read the public papers setting out the review of the case by the judges who turned down his appeal??"

Yes I have, and their is still things in the review which hasn't been mentioned(or as far as I can see) such as the fact the alcohol in the victims body was the equivalent of one bottle of wine which wasnt enough for memory loss

Also it was said she was so d*unk she could hardly walk and had to be held up by the other footballer yet in the cctv of her walking into the hotel Allthough she does walk into the hotel on the footballers arm she then walks back out in aided picks something up of the floor and walks freely back in again

Their are a couple of other things that escape my mind at the moment but the whole witch hunt stinks

Just say he does clear his name, it will be as though nothing ever happened

"WBA has a rather tough line on breaking the law, Lee Hughes will tell you that. No doubt the club will deal with him after the courts have. Just has the cheats sorry Sheffield Utd should have dealt with their player "

Lee Hughes was never valued at £25m and also killed someone, so I doubt WBA will take the same line with Beraino.

dudley

"There have been incidents when footballer have killed look at lee Hughes he was drink driving and killed someone on his release he was snapped up buy a club and got paid well for it noting in the paper about that and their was another incident when a goal Keeper killed 3 people reckless driving again he was released signed back with the same club and now his captain "

Think a lot of it is that it was a sex crime and he never said sorry, but papers are always after a shock story

Hope hes cleared Wales need a striker

hastings

"There have been incidents when footballer have killed look at lee Hughes he was drink driving and killed someone on his release he was snapped up buy a club and got paid well for it noting in the paper about that and their was another incident when a goal Keeper killed 3 people reckless driving again he was released signed back with the same club and now his captain

Think a lot of it is that it was a sex crime and he never said sorry, but papers are always after a shock story"

I think he was so adamant he did not commit the crime why say sorry

dudley

"WBA has a rather tough line on breaking the law, Lee Hughes will tell you that. No doubt the club will deal with him after the courts have. Just has the cheats sorry Sheffield Utd should have dealt with their player

Lee Hughes was never valued at £25m and also killed someone, so I doubt WBA will take the same line with Beraino. "

I wouldn't have thought so either but he will have a massive fine and be doing a lot of community work plus is mum will half kill him. Really sad that fame has got to him so quickly has he is a really nice kid

"

have you read the public papers setting out the review of the case by the judges who turned down his appeal??

Yes I have, and their is still things in the review which hasn't been mentioned(or as far as I can see) such as the fact the alcohol in the victims body was the equivalent of one bottle of wine which wasnt enough for memory loss

Also it was said she was so d*unk she could hardly walk and had to be held up by the other footballer yet in the cctv of her walking into the hotel Allthough she does walk into the hotel on the footballers arm she then walks back out in aided picks something up of the floor and walks freely back in again

Their are a couple of other things that escape my mind at the moment but the whole witch hunt stinks

Just say he does clear his name, it will be as though nothing ever happened"

If he is the victim of a miscarriage of justice and this is proved through the proper channels after a thorough review of all the evidence then he is of course free to do whatever he wants. Until that point he remains a convicted rapist who is on the sex register.

[Removed by poster at 25/11/14 14:09:33]

"There have been incidents when footballer have killed look at lee Hughes he was drink driving and killed someone on his release he was snapped up buy a club and got paid well for it noting in the paper about that and their was another incident when a goal Keeper killed 3 people reckless driving again he was released signed back with the same club and now his captain

Think a lot of it is that it was a sex crime and he never said sorry, but papers are always after a shock story

I think he was so adamant he did not commit the crime why say sorry "

Yes why would anyone say sorry if they weren't guilty.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"A pity such a nice girl aged 19,2 kids at home"

who?

"A pity such a nice girl aged 19,2 kids at home"

dudley

I think he was so adamant he did not commit the crime why say sorry "

Because at the moment he has been found guilty of the crime and it seems his victim is serving a longer sentence.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"A pity such a nice girl aged 19,2 kids at home

who?"

I really hope you aren't implying that having two children at the age of 19 makes rape less if a crime in this case

hastings

Because at the moment he has been found guilty of the crime and it seems his victim is serving a longer sentence. "

Only two people truly know what happened and if one changes their mind its rape

"

Just say he does clear his name, it will be as though nothing ever happened"

She was also 'so sober' that she pissed herself in bed and that Evans and his co-defendant told staff to keep an eye on her. Evans' doesn't tend to focus on those points though.

You are also conveniently ignoring that the toxicology samples weoukd have been taken several hours after she stopped drinking and she would have metabolised alcohol throughout that time

Not at all put pissed at 3.50 am on a wednesday night with 2 kids at home god knows who with im glad my daughter dont act like that

"Not at all put pissed at 3.50 am on a wednesday night with 2 kids at home god knows who with im glad my daughter dont act like that"

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Not at all put pissed at 3.50 am on a wednesday night with 2 kids at home god knows who with im glad my daughter dont act like that"

so what are you saying? That her character and home circumstances are relevant to whether she was raped or not?

"When will the game instill some moral standards "

Exactly when did kicking a ball around a field become a moralistic profession?

I mean

vicar / priest / rabbi ... should be moral...

Politician / councillor / bank staff... should be honest, but not necessarily moral.

Sports people should be fit, and good at the sport, but that does not require them to have a high level of morals does it?

dudley

Because at the moment he has been found guilty of the crime and it seems his victim is serving a longer sentence.

Only two people truly know what happened and if one changes their mind its rape"

From what I read she was so d*unk she was unable to agree to it so if that is the case which a jury said it was he is convicted of Rape. No one has even mentioned the lady has gone into hiding because of death threats. The whole thing has not been handled very good to say the least

Well the defence cant ask these questions but educated people can

"When will the game instill some moral standards

I mean

Politician / councillor / bank staff... should be honest, but not necessarily moral.

Sports people should be fit, and good at the sport, but that does not require them to have a high level of morals does it?

"

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Well the defence cant ask these questions but educated people can"

what questions?

And in what way is that relevant to her being raped?

"

She was also 'so sober' that she pissed herself in bed and that Evans and his co-defendant told staff to keep an eye on her. Evans' doesn't tend to focus on those points though.

You are also conveniently ignoring that the toxicology samples weoukd have been taken several hours after she stopped drinking and she would have metabolised alcohol throughout that time"

I am not conveniently ignoring anything I am telling what I've read and giving my opinion

I'm sure the toxicologist would have taken the time the alcohol takes to metabolise into account

How is pissing the bed proof of d*unkeness?? I once got so d*unk I pissed bed but guess what I can still remember what I did that night right from going out to getting home I was just so d*unk I didn't give a shit!!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Not at all put pissed at 3.50 am on a wednesday night with 2 kids at home god knows who with im glad my daughter dont act like that

And in what way is that relevant to her being raped? "

Because clearly some people imagine that a woman's private life is relevant to whether she can be raped or not.

If a man was raped on a d*unken night out and he had two children at home would anyone even mention it?

"Not at all put pissed at 3.50 am on a wednesday night with 2 kids at home god knows who with im glad my daughter dont act like that

And in what way is that relevant to her being raped? "

maybe she is the sort of person to allow herself to get into these situations.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

You are also conveniently ignoring that the toxicology samples weoukd have been taken several hours after she stopped drinking and she would have metabolised alcohol throughout that time

I am not conveniently ignoring anything I am telling what I've read and giving my opinion

I'm sure the toxicologist would have taken the time the alcohol takes to metabolise into account

How is pissing the bed proof of d*unkeness?? I once got so d*unk I pissed bed but guess what I can still remember what I did that night right from going out to getting home I was just so d*unk I didn't give a shit!! "

So the fact that you once pissed the bed and can remember what happened is proof that she wasn't too d*unk to remember

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

."

But he could have done, and that's why it is against the law.

So a question, if he had killed someone, would your answer be different?

maybe she is the sort of person to allow herself to get into these situations."

That's a disgusting thing to say. You ought to be ashamed. Victim blaming is never acceptable.

"

So a question, if he had killed someone, would your answer be different?"

Yes it would be.

That's a disgusting thing to say. You ought to be ashamed. Victim blaming is never acceptable. "

That's if she was a victim or how much of a victim.

That's a disgusting thing to say. You ought to be ashamed. Victim blaming is never acceptable.

That's if she was a victim or how much of a victim."

It's been found that's she is a victim. Stop being contrary and inflammatory and show some humanity. What you're saying is disgusting and heartless.

It's a choice to get into a car d*unk. I'm a Plymouth Argyle fan and look what happened with Luke McCormick after he made a "mistake"

"

Their are a couple of other things that escape my mind at the moment buttons the whole witch hunt stinks

How is pissing the bed proof of d*unkeness?? I once got so d*unk I pissed bed but guess what I can still remember what I did that night right from going out to getting home I was just so d*unk I didn't give a shit!!

So the fact that you once pissed the bed and can remember what happened is proof that she wasn't too d*unk to remember "

Did I say that???

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Only allowed links to be posted please

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

So a question, if he had killed someone, would your answer be different?

Yes it would be."

What would it be?

hastings

THE COURT OF FABSWINGERS IS NOW IN SESSION

It's been found that's she is a victim. Stop being contrary and inflammatory and show some humanity. What you're saying is disgusting and heartless. "

As long as we still have free speech in this country I will say what I think, sorry if that bothers you.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Sorry were her kids at home alone with no one to watch over them while she had a night out? I'm not sure what the day of the week has to do with anything either to be honest.

I've had a night out midweek before as it was the only time I could get someone (a family member) to look after my boy.

I have no clue what her age/how many kids she has or what day of the week it was has to do with anything

It's been found that's she is a victim. Stop being contrary and inflammatory and show some humanity. What you're saying is disgusting and heartless.

As long as we still have free speech in this country I will say what I think, sorry if that bothers you."

Free speech doesn't cover libellous statements.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

As long as we still have free speech in this country I will say what I think, sorry if that bothers you.

Free speech doesn't cover libellous statements. "

Apparently it covers plain stupid ones though

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Their are a couple of other things that escape my mind at the moment buttons the whole witch hunt stinks

So the fact that you once pissed the bed and can remember what happened is proof that she wasn't too d*unk to remember

Did I say that??? "

you're implying it!

[Removed by poster at 25/11/14 14:37:31]

Apparently it covers plain stupid ones though "

They're the kind of things you'd expect an infantile teen on 4chan to say, not a grown adult. It's sickening to read.

"Drinking and driving is not a "mistake"."

Well said.

They're the kind of things you'd expect an infantile teen on 4chan to say, not a grown adult. It's sickening to read. "

Sickening because you don't agree with it, well that's pretty infantile isn't it.

They're the kind of things you'd expect an infantile teen on 4chan to say, not a grown adult. It's sickening to read.

Sickening because you don't agree with it, well that's pretty infantile isn't it."

Sickening because you're sympathising with a rapist yet again, and saying it's okay to drive and drive if you're a young footballer. It's not infantile to think that - it makes me a well rounded and adjusted human.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok lets not get personal....even the jury couldn't decide on a majority verdict at first and they were there listening to it, so a person on a forum mentioning that they might not believe her is not suprising.

Sickening because you don't agree with it, well that's pretty infantile isn't it.

Sickening because you're sympathising with a rapist yet again, and saying it's okay to drive and drive if you're a young footballer. It's not infantile to think that - it makes me a well rounded and adjusted human. "

I think you need to read it all again because you have twisted my words.

Sickening because you're sympathising with a rapist yet again, and saying it's okay to drive and drive if you're a young footballer. It's not infantile to think that - it makes me a well rounded and adjusted human.

"

You have explicitly suggested that because she was a young woman with 2 children who was out late that she in some way "deserved" it. I wonder how you feel about the victim of a convicted rapist at Chams a while back, because she was a swinger did she also "deserve" it?

I think you need to read it all again

because you have twisted my words.

You have explicitly suggested that because she was a young woman with 2 children who was out late that she in some way "deserved" it. I wonder how you feel about the victim of a convicted rapist at Chams a while back, because she was a swinger did she also "deserve" it? "

That's a rediculous statement!!

A completely different situation!!

If you read up on the case instead of been spoon fed the bullshit the media feed you you might see what we are talking about

In no way do I and I'm sure no one else on here condones rape of any kind but in my opinion this particular case has more holes than a block of Swiss cheese

You have explicitly suggested that because she was a young woman with 2 children who was out late that she in some way "deserved" it. I wonder how you feel about the victim of a convicted rapist at Chams a while back, because she was a swinger did she also "deserve" it?

If you read up on the case instead of been spoon fed the bullshit the media feed you you might see what we are talking about

In no way do I and I'm sure no one else on here condones rape of any kind but in my opinion this particular case has more holes than a block of Swiss cheese"

Good intelligent post!

In no way do I and I'm sure no one else on here condones rape of any kind but in my opinion this particular case has more holes than a block of Swiss cheese"

Your view and that of the jury who heard all of the facts and of the panel of judges who dismissed any reason for an appeal appear to be rather different, I have read all I need to thank you. I struggle to understand so many people defending the rights of a convicted rapist. I just happen to believe that rape in any shape or form is unacceptable and that the victims should not in anyway be blamed. Sadly it would appear that there are people on this site who do not share that view.

maybe she is the sort of person to allow herself to get into these situations."

Oh goodness, what ever happened to not blaming people for their mistakes?

Maybe the d*unk driver is the sort to do that sort of thing.

Funny how you felt the need to justify his actions as a "mistake" and hers as "I'm glad my daughter don't (sic) act like that".

You'd be ok with a son of yours drink driving then?

Typical, blame a victim and justify a dangerous, criminal act as a mistake. You're incredible.

You have explicitly suggested that because she was a young woman with 2 children who was out late that she in some way "deserved" it. I wonder how you feel about the victim of a convicted rapist at Chams a while back, because she was a swinger did she also "deserve" it? "

All women deserve whatever men want to do according to her. Men can't help themselves and can do no wrong.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"WBA has a rather tough line on breaking the law, Lee Hughes will tell you that. No doubt the club will deal with him after the courts have. Just has the cheats sorry Sheffield Utd should have dealt with their player "

Beherino is a very lucky boy in the fact that his stupid actions didn't end up affecting anyone else... If it had as in the lee Hughes case then it would be different ( and I am glad someone mentioned his case because west brom did sack him)

Remember arsenal stood by tony Adams went to jail for 6 weeks for d*unk driving (he was lucky to just hit a lamppost instead of seriously injuring someone) there was help in that he acknowledged he had a drinking issue... Same as Paul merson

Before you can have help you have to acknowledge you did wrong... Of which chef Evans hasn't done....

I don't think he should train with any club until his appeal is heard

"I don't think he should train with any club until his appeal is heard "

Has he even been granted an appeal? In the absence of any new evidence I fail to see any grounds for one?

Newcastle and Gateshead

One tiny problem with what you said..... He doesn't believe he made a mistake.. He is adamant he did nothing wrong! And that's the issue

I haven't read the media reporting of the case, I went and looked at the court case notes... They are easily accessible if you google them

"

Rape and d*unk driving are mistakes?

Okay then.

"Has he even been granted an appeal? In the absence of any new evidence I fail to see any grounds for one? "

As things stand Ched is a convicted rapist who has served his sentence. it doesn't really matter what peoples opinions are, nobody really knows what happened including the victim and perpetrator, but a court has ruled and the sentence imposed and served.

The process of applying for an appeal will make it impossible for an apology or any statement that may imply guilt.

Having read the court documents I do worry that the victim was pressured into a prosecution, and I further worry that guilt was assumed based on the presumption that willing sex with more than one person is unheard of so obviously a crime must have been committed.

But nobody in this forum knows what happened, so best to accept the court ruling and await any possible further evidence / rulings.

As it stands Ched is guilty of rape, and has served his sentence so "paid for his crime" do we need more?

hastings

Rape and d*unk driving are mistakes?

Okay then."

With the drink driving lets see how far over the limit he was before we hang him

It might only be a fraction over which still makes him guilty but not like lots over in my mind !

"It might only be a fraction over which still makes him guilty but not like lots over in my mind !

"

No information on this one, 110mph may have been on an empty motorway at 2am or 9am past a school gate, drink driving may have been paralytic of or .5mg over the limit. Let the facts out before the mob hang him.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Interesting that you mentioned reading up on the case, because it is your assertion that both Evans and McDonald told the staff to keep an eye on her...

Court notes and the staff both say McDonald did say that.... Evans didn't

The only interaction Evans has with the staff was trying to get a key for the room McDonald and the girl were already in

The victim had her anonymity destroyed so many times on social media by friends and supporters of Evans that over a dozen of them have been charged with violating it

She is the only rape case where in effect witness protection was given to her... She had to change her name and was forced to leave the town where she lived

And people still try to name her now

She had to start again..... Evans is in his old bed trying to go back to his old job at the same old football club

Sheffield united never sacked Evans... They let his contract expire... He was being paid by the club for the first 3 months he was inside

"

In no way do I and I'm sure no one else on here condones rape of any kind but in my opinion this particular case has more holes than a block of Swiss cheese

Interesting that you mentioned reading up on the case, because it is your assertion that both Evans and McDonald told the staff to keep an eye on her...

The only interaction Evans has with the staff was trying to get a key for the room McDonald and the girl were already in

The victim had her anonymity destroyed so many times on social media by friends and supporters of Evans that over a dozen of them have been charged with violating it

She is the only rape case where in effect witness protection was given to her... She had to change her name and was forced to leave the town where she lived

She had to start again..... Evans is in his old bed trying to go back to his old job at the same old football club

Sheffield united never sacked Evans... They let his contract expire... He was being paid by the club for the first 3 months he was inside "

Oh goodness, what ever happened to not blaming people for their mistakes?

Maybe the d*unk driver is the sort to do that sort of thing.

Funny how you felt the need to justify his actions as a "mistake" and hers as "I'm glad my daughter don't (sic) act like that".

You'd be ok with a son of yours drink driving then?

Typical, blame a victim and justify a dangerous, criminal act as a mistake. You're incredible. "

I think you need to read all of the posts again on here as well, because you are also twisting my words, I wonder why that is.

"

Sheffield united never sacked Evans... They let his contract expire... He was being paid by the club for the first 3 months he was inside "

Ah - interesting - particularly the last statement.

[Removed by poster at 25/11/14 17:50:25]

"I think you need to read all of the posts again on here as well, because you are also twisting my words, I wonder why that is. "

No one is twisting your words. I've collected a few things you've said regarding Ched Evans, quoted below. Perhaps you should clarify how they're meant to be interpreted if you're not suggesting she wasn't raped, isn't a victim and that you're sympathising with a rapist.

"maybe she is the sort of person to allow herself to get into these situations.

I agree with you, a lot of people are just jealous of him being able to earn good money and from what I hear I don't think he was guilty."

This is ignoring your support of other posts also negating the rape.

In a fair and just society, Berahino, if found guilty and sentenced, would be hounded by the same bodies that have hounded Evans. It will not happen though for a number of reasons.

Re Evans, having seen the Hotel's CCTV pictures i am utterly amazed that anyone could consider the woman to be so pissed/paralytic (sp?) that she couldn't remember a thing.

AFAIK the woman initially went to the police later in the day to complain only of a missing handbag, not any form of sexual assault/rape. As someone above has said, that pressure came later.

The fact remains that the woman who was so paralytic as to be unable to give consent actually managed to do so with the other footballer she freely consented to have sex with.

IMO yet another huge miscarriage of justice.

Drink driving at excessive speed is ludicrous.

As the Police say, Speed Kills.

ps AFAIK his Appeal has been refused.

Anyone who has experience of the law will not find this as a surprise, the last thing they want to do is acknowledge that a lower court/Judge has made a mistake or indeed is corrupt.

Sees title of thread....

Sees nature of comments...

Doesn't wish to enter...

No it isn't. If you go out for a drink you don't take your car....simples. Not like he can't afford a taxi. Suppose it had been one of your children he killed? (I know he didn't but that was luck rather than good management)

Slightly off topic, but one of the main reasons why Planning Applications for Pubs fail is because the car park isn't large enough. Huh?

Some things just defy common sense.

Oh, isn't it, if you say so then.

No it isn't. If you go out for a drink you don't take your car....simples. Not like he can't afford a taxi. Suppose it had been one of your children he killed? (I know he didn't but that was luck rather than good management)"

maybe you should also read the rest of the posts?

"It might only be a fraction over which still makes him guilty but not like lots over in my mind !

No information on this one, 110mph may have been on an empty motorway at 2am or 9am past a school gate, drink driving may have been paralytic of or .5mg over the limit. Let the facts out before the mob hang him."

If he is found to have been speeding and over the limit, when and where he was driving may only mitigate the punishment but it does not mitigate the crime.

"

How is pissing the bed proof of d*unkeness?? I once got so d*unk I pissed bed but guess what I can still remember what I did that night right from going out to getting home I was just so d*unk I didn't give a shit!! "

Do you regularly piss the bed when you are sober? If not then it is pretty obvious from your statement that the alcohol you had consumed had a major effect on your behaviour even without the memory loss.

I mean

"

Sports stars do have a moral duty, they are the face of billions of pounds worth of advertising which influences kids all over the country and whether they want to or not they are looked up to. Unfortunately the message they are getting is that it is ok to racially abuse someone (John Terry, captain of Chelsea), it is ok to bite someone (not once, not twice, but 3 times) Luis Suarez, it is ok to misuse drugs, it is ok to use and abuse women, it is ok to use homophobic language ...., I could go on.

And to your point about all they need to be is fit to do their job, perhaps Beraniho should think about that before heading off to whatever nightclubs he goes to, drinking and therefore abusing his body and then endangering both his and other lives while driving when under the influence.

I mean

Sports stars do have a moral duty, they are the face of billions of pounds worth of advertising which influences kids all over the country and whether they want to or not they are looked up to. Unfortunately the message they are getting is that it is ok to racially abuse someone (John Terry, captain of Chelsea), it is ok to bite someone (not once, not twice, but 3 times) Luis Suarez, it is ok to misuse drugs, it is ok to use and abuse women, it is ok to use homophobic language ...., I could go on.

And to your point about all they need to be is fit to do their job, perhaps Beraniho should think about that before heading off to whatever nightclubs he goes to, drinking and therefore abusing his body and then endangering both his and other lives while driving when under the influence."

You're forgetting to add that everyone is expected to have a high moral/ethical standard. It's ridiculous to say "he's a footballer, he doesn't know better", when we all know drink driving is wrong and that rape is wrong.

» Add a new message to this topic