FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is looting .....

Is looting .....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Always the answer? It appears to be.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Whenever there is a protest the looting starts. Quite how that gets a point across god only knows.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What was the question?

By *couser83Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

Yes, because there is only so much peaceful demonstrations you can do, and not be heard. Before your forced to take matters into your own hand just so the right people listen to your concerns

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

it tarnishes the memory of the man whose death they are protesting against, or so they say.....

"Yes, because there is only so much peaceful demonstrations you can do, and not be heard. Before your forced to take matters into your own hand just so the right people listen to your concerns "

So thieving is the right thing to do to get yourself heard?

What a load of shit

"Yes, because there is only so much peaceful demonstrations you can do, and not be heard. Before your forced to take matters into your own hand just so the right people listen to your concerns "

And looting gets you heard ??

"it tarnishes the memory of the man whose death they are protesting against, or so they say....."

Liverpool

"Yes, because there is only so much peaceful demonstrations you can do, and not be heard. Before your forced to take matters into your own hand just so the right people listen to your concerns

And looting gets you heard ?? "

Yes because it always ends up in the news and then the powers that be can't ignore what's going on if the whole world see and knows why they are rioting

It just strikes me it's an odd way to demonstrate that you are, or wish ever to be considered, law abiding citizens.

"Yes, because there is only so much peaceful demonstrations you can do, and not be heard. Before your forced to take matters into your own hand just so the right people listen to your concerns

Yes because it always ends up in the news and then the powers that be can't ignore what's going on if the whole world see and knows why they are rioting "

No its just thieves jumping on the protesters bandwagon so they can please themselves

Liverpool

Yes because it always ends up in the news and then the powers that be can't ignore what's going on if the whole world see and knows why they are rioting

No its just thieves jumping on the protesters bandwagon so they can please themselves "

If you say so.. .

"

It just strikes me it's an odd way to demonstrate that you are, or wish ever to be considered, law abiding citizens.

"

Totally agree. If you want justice, campaign for it legally and peacefully. Otherwise you're making an absolute mockery of your cause.

Liverpool

"

Totally agree. If you want justice, campaign for it legally and peacefully. Otherwise you're making an absolute mockery of your cause."

But if the powers that be won't listen what do you do??

"

Totally agree. If you want justice, campaign for it legally and peacefully. Otherwise you're making an absolute mockery of your cause.

But if the powers that be won't listen what do you do??"

So smashing everything in sight and stealing from law abiding shop keepers and putting local businesses at risk is the correct solution?

Liverpool

Prime example is Ukraine. They didn't want to be part of Russia and the government wouldn't listen so the people rioted. What happened? Old government gone, I admit civil war but at least they stood up for what they belived in and still do

How about the poor shop keepers who have had all their hard work and livelyhood ruined by idiots trying to get mugshots in the press!!!

"Prime example is Ukraine. They didn't want to be part of Russia and the government wouldn't listen so the people rioted. What happened? Old government gone, I admit civil war but at least they stood up for what they belived in and still do"

So now you're advocating civil war?!.....

"How about the poor shop keepers who have had all their hard work and livelyhood ruined by idiots trying to get mugshots in the press!!! "

Liverpool

All am saying is that once you have gone through the peaceful demonstrations and nothing has been done then stronger measures are needed

I reckon if the verdict was that the Police Officer was going to be prosecuted then that would have been equally as good a reason for most of them to loot and riot.

What a load of shit"

Liverpool

"Prime example is Ukraine. They didn't want to be part of Russia and the government wouldn't listen so the people rioted. What happened? Old government gone, I admit civil war but at least they stood up for what they belived in and still do

So now you're advocating civil war?!..... "

No if you read it properly you will see that all am saying is you can only be pushed around so much before you snap

"All am saying is that once you have gone through the peaceful demonstrations and nothing has been done then stronger measures are needed"

Remind me what peaceful demonstrations there were???

Yes because it always ends up in the news and then the powers that be can't ignore what's going on if the whole world see and knows why they are rioting "

Rubbish, get a grip.

"All am saying is that once you have gone through the peaceful demonstrations and nothing has been done then stronger measures are needed"

Turning to violence makes a mockery of the cause I'm afraid.

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

Rioters will be there for the riot, looters on the other hand, they creep out from under their rocks to take advantage of the situation

Liverpool

"All am saying is that once you have gone through the peaceful demonstrations and nothing has been done then stronger measures are needed

Remind me what peaceful demonstrations there were???"

Of which are you speaking about?

Liverpool

"Rioters will be there for the riot, looters on the other hand, they creep out from under their rocks to take advantage of the situation"

I agree, looters should be shot

Liverpool

Rubbish, get a grip."

No thanks

Rubbish, get a grip.

No thanks "

I rest my case.

Pretty sure you can take a stand without causing considerable damage and destroying your own community. Stupid excuse.

Pretty sure more was accomplished when a Million peaceful people marched on Washington than what will be done by smashing up your own town and people's livelihood who are not to blame for your frustrations.

Idiots.

a protest doesnt involve looting. thats a riot

the looters couldnt give a F about protesting

Liverpool

"Pretty sure you can take a stand without causing considerable damage and destroying your own community. Stupid excuse.

Pretty sure more was accomplished when a Million peaceful people marched on Washington than what will be done by smashing up your own town and people's livelihood who are not to blame for your frustrations.

Idiots. "

Am talking about rioting in general.

Liverpool

"a protest doesnt involve looting. thats a riot

the looters couldnt give a F about protesting"

"Prime example is Ukraine. They didn't want to be part of Russia and the government wouldn't listen so the people rioted. What happened? Old government gone, I admit civil war but at least they stood up for what they belived in and still do"

I'm with you 100%.

1 million people marched on London to protest the Iraq war and nothing at all happened.

Plenty protested and signed petitions against poll tax and nothing happened, now quite a few rioted and looted London and it was scrapped and the prime minister removed.

Tens of thousands protest every year over fracking, what's happened they've tightened the law to stop you protesting and increased government power to now push particular sites through regardless of local government opposition.

The citizens last stand has always been and always will be civil disobedience until there is government that represents us all.

"it tarnishes the memory of the man whose death they are protesting against, or so they say....."

Liverpool

"Prime example is Ukraine. They didn't want to be part of Russia and the government wouldn't listen so the people rioted. What happened? Old government gone, I admit civil war but at least they stood up for what they belived in and still do.

I'm with you 100%.

1 million people marched on London to protest the Iraq war and nothing at all happened.

Plenty protested and signed petitions against poll tax and nothing happened, now quite a few rioted and looted London and it was scrapped and the prime minister removed.

Tens of thousands protest every year over fracking, what's happened they've tightened the law to stop you protesting and increased government power to now push particular sites through regardless of local government opposition.

The citizens last stand has always been and always will be civil disobedience until there is government that represents us all."

Poll tax was scrapped yes mission accomplished after those riots!!!

Apart from the fact they then brought in Council Tax!!

What a victory that was.

"What was the question?"
some guys wanted to steal your red knickers and a protest ensued I won

By *horshiperMan  over a year ago

London

Peaceful protest is the only way. I suggest you read up on Mahatma Ghandi.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

so stealing other peoples property makes the powers that be change things.... hmmmm very deluded opinion

"Peaceful protest is the only way. I suggest you read up on Mahatma Ghandi. "

These mugs can't read.

"Rioters will be there for the riot, looters on the other hand, they creep out from under their rocks to take advantage of the situation

I agree, looters should be shot"

You agreed with looting at the start of this thread

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Arson too.......why?

Liverpool

"Rioters will be there for the riot, looters on the other hand, they creep out from under their rocks to take advantage of the situation

I agree, looters should be shot

You agreed with looting at the start of this thread "

My mistake I was talking about rioting. Sorry about any confusion

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Lew Ting is the answer if the question is to name someone in Singapore

Liverpool

"Peaceful protest is the only way. I suggest you read up on Mahatma Ghandi.

These mugs can't read.

"

Wow and here's me trying to have a sensible conversation.

These mugs can't read.

Wow and here's me trying to have a sensible conversation. "

Nowt 'sensible' about rioting and looting, son.

Liverpool

These mugs can't read.

Nowt 'sensible' about rioting and looting, son."

Did I say there was? All I said is that I was trying to have a sensible conversation without school yard name calling.

Looting is bad, there's no way two ways about it.

But then so is your own government employing people with guns to deliberately kill and silence it's own citizens. Drastic action calls for drastic measures.

These mugs can't read.

Did I say there was? All I said is that I was trying to have a sensible conversation without school yard name calling. "

I left school a long time ago, Darling......

May I ask what you do for a living?

Liverpool

These mugs can't read.

Did I say there was? All I said is that I was trying to have a sensible conversation without school yard name calling.

May I ask what you do for a living?"

Yes you may ask. I volunteer at my local food bank and also work with people who are homeless or about to be homeless. Why?

Liverpool

These mugs can't read.

Yes you may ask. I volunteer at my local food bank and also work with people who are homeless or about to be homeless. Why?"

I left school a long time ago as well but calling people mugs for having a opinion is childish

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

"Whenever there is a protest the looting starts. Quite how that gets a point across god only knows."

you obviously didn't hear that there was a protest over the weekend in london ... no rioting, no looting .... so you are clearly wrong

These mugs can't read.

Yes you may ask. I volunteer at my local food bank and also work with people who are homeless or about to be homeless. Why?

I left school a long time ago as well but calling people mugs for having a opinion is childish"

I just wondered what kind of career you may have, that's all. No problem..!!

"Whenever there is a protest the looting starts. Quite how that gets a point across god only knows.

you obviously didn't hear that there was a protest over the weekend in london ... no rioting, no looting .... so you are clearly wrong"

no she meant just the protests she hears about on the telly because they've been looting.

Liverpool

These mugs can't read.

I left school a long time ago as well but calling people mugs for having a opinion is childish

I just wondered what kind of career you may have, that's all. No problem..!!"

I don't have a career, I get easily bored so I move from one thing to the next. Whatever takes my fancy I do

"

So you rob people.....your doing scousers no favours here

Liverpool

"Whenever there is a protest the looting starts. Quite how that gets a point across god only knows.

you obviously didn't hear that there was a protest over the weekend in london ... no rioting, no looting .... so you are clearly wrong no she meant just the protests she hears about on the telly because they've been looting. "

This is my point. You can peacefully protest and the news don't bother but as soon as a brick is thrown it's like the scoop of the year

you obviously didn't hear that there was a protest over the weekend in london ... no rioting, no looting .... so you are clearly wrong

no she meant just the protests she hears about on the telly because they've been looting. "

no ... HE said at the start of the thread "Whenever there is a protest the looting starts." ... and the fact that there was a protest in london over the weekend disproves his wildly inaccurate statement

These mugs can't read.

I don't have a career, I get easily bored so I move from one thing to the next. Whatever takes my fancy I do "

Thank you, indeed.

Now, I have things to do in my career that need doing, so, I shall bid thee farewell.

Liverpool

"

But if the powers that be won't listen what do you do??So you rob people.....your doing scousers no favours here "

Your the only one who has mentioned robbing people. If you read the post from the start, then come back and comment I may take into account anything else you say

Liverpool

These mugs can't read.

I don't have a career, I get easily bored so I move from one thing to the next. Whatever takes my fancy I do

Thank you, indeed.

Now, I have things to do in my career that need doing, so, I shall bid thee farewell."

Speak again soon.....

By *horshiperMan  over a year ago

London

you obviously didn't hear that there was a protest over the weekend in london ... no rioting, no looting .... so you are clearly wrong no she meant just the protests she hears about on the telly because they've been looting.

This is my point. You can peacefully protest and the news don't bother but as soon as a brick is thrown it's like the scoop of the year"

What utter drivel if you dont riot or loot you will be heard. Any protest that decends into that will never get any support from me

no she meant just the protests she hears about on the telly because they've been looting.

no ... HE said at the start of the thread "Whenever there is a protest the looting starts." ... and the fact that there was a protest in london over the weekend disproves his wildly inaccurate statement"

.Lol oh I stand corrected and on the naught step

These mugs can't read.

Thank you, indeed.

Now, I have things to do in my career that need doing, so, I shall bid thee farewell.

Speak again soon....."

I certainly hope not.

Good evening.

you obviously didn't hear that there was a protest over the weekend in london ... no rioting, no looting .... so you are clearly wrong no she meant just the protests she hears about on the telly because they've been looting.

This is my point. You can peacefully protest and the news don't bother but as soon as a brick is thrown it's like the scoop of the year

What utter drivel if you dont riot or loot you will be heard. Any protest that decends into that will never get any support from me "

No there always really polite in listening to you. They just don't do anything about what your protesting

Liverpool

These mugs can't read.

Thank you, indeed.

Speak again soon.....

I certainly hope not.

Good evening."

As I said earlier childish. Discussion normally has two different sides of a argument and only narrow minded people don't listen to both sides

By *lack Shoe Red SoulCouple  over a year ago

North Hampshire

"Poll tax was scrapped yes mission accomplished after those riots!!!

What a victory that was. "

I don't know what's going on but if they are protesting for something that will make a difference good on them its the police who make it a riot and then we get people who take an opportunity to get something for free and who could blame them when we have mps claiming expenses for multiple houses and company's getting away with tax dodging but that's fine hahaha no its illegal why don't people look down their nose at them looters are just like them the only difference is they have no money so that makes them scum right

What a victory that was.

"

It was a change in stance as one was a tax on voting rights and one is a tax on owning a house

"Prime example is Ukraine. They didn't want to be part of Russia and the government wouldn't listen so the people rioted. What happened? Old government gone, I admit civil war but at least they stood up for what they belived in and still do.

I'm with you 100%.

The citizens last stand has always been and always will be civil disobedience until there is government that represents us all."

The poll tax was never scrapped. It it was can I have a rebate please.

What a victory that was.

It was a change in stance as one was a tax on voting rights and one is a tax on owning a house"

people who rent also pay council tax though .... i get what you're saying mind .... poll tax was to tax the individual .... council tax taxes the household .... people tried to avoid the poll tax by not enroling on the electoral register and thus gave up their right to vote ... which suited the government at the time because that removed several million votes that were in opposition to that government

What a victory that was.

It was a change in stance as one was a tax on voting rights and one is a tax on owning a house"

Do you not pay council tax on a rented house then?

And what did it have to do with voting rights?

Flawless argument by the way.

These mugs can't read.

Thank you, indeed.

Speak again soon.....

I certainly hope not.

Good evening.

As I said earlier childish. Discussion normally has two different sides of a argument and only narrow minded people don't listen to both sides"

Explain to me how 100 scallys thieving PS4's and 56 inch TV's makes a legitimate argument in defence of a cause?

Regarding your point about Ukraine.

Ukraine has always wanted it's independance. Crimea was the issue.

The Crimea was gifted to Ukraine by Russia many years ago (I don't want to google when exactly it was.) Suffice to say, a sizeable majority within Crimea see themselves as Ethnic Russian.

The political unrest in Crimea was supported by the Putin regime to help destabilise the region, and give control of Crimea back to Russia to ensure control of the Black Sea naval bases.

If you go back further in history, Kiev is the Mother city that the modern day Russian empire extended from.Russia has always wanted to regain control of Kiev.

The Russian mentality and idea of sovereignty is not based on geographical borders, but on the population.

So quoting Ukraine as an example of civil disobedience achieving an aim is ill advised and mis-informed. Please feel free to refer to Russian history.

What a victory that was.

It was a change in stance as one was a tax on voting rights and one is a tax on owning a house

Do you not pay council tax on a rented house then?

And what did it have to do with voting rights?

Flawless argument by the way.

"

Errr this lady above your post explained it better than I did.

people who rent also pay council tax though .... i get what you're saying mind .... poll tax was to tax the individual .... council tax taxes the household .... people tried to avoid the poll tax by not enroling on the electoral register and thus gave up their right to vote ... which suited the government at the time because that removed several million votes that were in opposition to that government

"As soon as the first brick is thrown any argument is null and void in my opinion because the only people who truly suffer are the law abiding innocents. The ones the "protesters" are supposedly representing."

out of interest does this go the same for the first head beaten with a truncheon which lead to the first brick being thrown?

Liverpool

"As soon as the first brick is thrown any argument is null and void in my opinion because the only people who truly suffer are the law abiding innocents. The ones the "protesters" are supposedly representing.

out of interest does this go the same for the first head beaten with a truncheon which lead to the first brick being thrown? "

By *razedcatMan  over a year ago

London / Herts

Political theorists and philosophers alike have considered the validity of using force as an effective method of protest, some believing it can be justified. I honestly believe peaceful protest can only go so far.

In one situation or another, you will be met by some obstacle which calls for force. If you disagree with that idea, then the whole concept of war/conflict loses its credibility (though I never thought it had any to start with).

I think we've all been very much lulled into a false reality, where we're conditioned to think the lawmakers follow every one of the laws they make, and everything they do is done for the good of the collective, or to uphold notions of human dignity and rights.

Rubbish. Behind every decision and every idea leaders make (not to mention every product we're encouraged to buy, and every news story we're led to believe) there is at least an element of self-interest/self-preservation. It's human nature. I just wish people would be honest and admit it rather than going on with this terrible charade. There's no transparency in human beings.

"As soon as the first brick is thrown any argument is null and void in my opinion because the only people who truly suffer are the law abiding innocents. The ones the "protesters" are supposedly representing.

out of interest does this go the same for the first head beaten with a truncheon which lead to the first brick being thrown? "

Yes it does.

Sadly they go hand in hand because the police are often targets of the frustrations too and have a right to protect themselves from being beaten with bricks, stabbed or have petrol bombs thrown at them.

It's a sad, vicious cycle.

course not police don't use brutality lmfao but the media only show what they want and its normally to keep people in fear the justice system is corrupt a policeman shoots a teenage boy who is unarmed and walks free its sad that the people who are here to protect us are just as bad as the people they put in prison

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Looting and rioting never advances a cause.

Look at the 2011 London riots what is remembered by the majority in the UK? Is it Mark Duggan a 29 years old who was shot dead by the police or is it thousands of looters and rioters stealing and setting fire to property.

And that was only just over 3 years ago.

If the protests had been peaceful the name Mark Duggan would be embedded in people's minds for many years to come

Liverpool

"Political theorists and philosophers alike have considered the validity of using force as an effective method of protest, some believing it can be justified. I honestly believe peaceful protest can only go so far.

In one situation or another, you will be met by some obstacle which calls for force. If you disagree with that idea, then the whole concept of war/conflict loses its credibility (though I never thought it had any to start with).

I think we've all been very much lulled into a false reality, where we're conditioned to think the lawmakers follow every one of the laws they make, and everything they do is done for the good of the collective, or to uphold notions of human dignity and rights.

Rubbish. Behind every decision and every idea leaders make (not to mention every product we're encouraged to buy, and every news story we're led to believe) there is at least an element of self-interest/self-preservation. It's human nature. I just wish people would be honest and admit it rather than going on with this terrible charade. There's no transparency in human beings.

"

How true your words are

What a load of shit"

Agreed utter poop

Liverpool

out of interest does this go the same for the first head beaten with a truncheon which lead to the first brick being thrown? course not police don't use brutality lmfao but the media only show what they want and its normally to keep people in fear the justice system is corrupt a policeman shoots a teenage boy who is unarmed and walks free its sad that the people who are here to protect us are just as bad as the people they put in prison "

Rubbish, police think they are above the law and do what they want. If any get caught instead of being sacked they resign so they can claim their pension.

out of interest does this go the same for the first head beaten with a truncheon which lead to the first brick being thrown?

Yes it does.

Sadly they go hand in hand because the police are often targets of the frustrations too and have a right to protect themselves from being beaten with bricks, stabbed or have petrol bombs thrown at them.

It's a sad, vicious cycle."

no you misunderstand my question so i will make it more clear ....in the circumstances of a peaceful protest, when a policeman takes it upon himself to commit an unprovoked attack on a protester or protesters, does that nullify the presence of the constabulary who are there to facilitate the right to peaceful protest?

"I don't know what's going on but if they are protesting for something that will make a difference good on them its the police who make it a riot and then we get people who take an opportunity to get something for free and who could blame them when we have mps claiming expenses for multiple houses and company's getting away with tax dodging but that's fine hahaha no its illegal why don't people look down their nose at them looters are just like them the only difference is they have no money so that makes them scum right "
Why should Britain worry...........

Yes it does.

no you misunderstand my question so i will make it more clear ....in the circumstances of a peaceful protest, when a policeman takes it upon himself to commit an unprovoked attack on a protester or protesters, does that nullify the presence of the constabulary who are there to facilitate the right to peaceful protest?"

There is no excuse for an unprovoked attack by anyone. Either side loses credibility if that happens.

Liverpool

Yes it does.

no you misunderstand my question so i will make it more clear ....in the circumstances of a peaceful protest, when a policeman takes it upon himself to commit an unprovoked attack on a protester or protesters, does that nullify the presence of the constabulary who are there to facilitate the right to peaceful protest?

There is no excuse for an unprovoked attack by anyone. Either side loses credibility if that happens."

The police lost credibility a long time ago

"There is no excuse for an unprovoked attack by anyone. Either side loses credibility if that happens."

ok then .... would you agree with regard to the G20 summit protests in 2009, the police lost all credibility?

Yes it does.

There is no excuse for an unprovoked attack by anyone. Either side loses credibility if that happens.

The police lost credibility a long time ago"

Some have but there's plenty of good police officers out there, just a shame they're not highlighted by the media.

Perhaps - but then the 'cause'loses sympathy - and the whole world just sees that looters are just theiving scum searching for justification!

"I don't know what's going on but if they are protesting for something that will make a difference good on them its the police who make it a riot and then we get people who take an opportunity to get something for free and who could blame them when we have mps claiming expenses for multiple houses and company's getting away with tax dodging but that's fine hahaha no its illegal why don't people look down their nose at them looters are just like them the only difference is they have no money so that makes them scum right Why should Britain worry........... "
we don't need to we are protected by our consumerist bubble happily being feed bullshit by the media and government while the world is going to shit around us

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

What a load of shit"

It pains me to say this, but the poster is from liverpool. They are famous for nicking hub caps, maybe they have moved on from them.

"There is no excuse for an unprovoked attack by anyone. Either side loses credibility if that happens.

ok then .... would you agree with regard to the G20 summit protests in 2009, the police lost all credibility?"

Certain police actions that day were inexcusable.

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Looting and rioting never advances a cause.

Look at the 2011 London riots what is remembered by the majority in the UK? Is it Mark Duggan a 29 years old who was shot dead by the police or is it thousands of looters and rioters stealing and setting fire to property.

And that was only just over 3 years ago.

If the protests had been peaceful the name Mark Duggan would be embedded in people's minds for many years to come"

What a victory that was.

"

You are aware of the difference between the two? We had six adults living at my mum and dads, and they wanted about 6 times the value of the old "rates". The council tax is payed on your property, not the person. They ended up getting a little bit more than the old "rates".

I didn't riot, but I refused to pay it. Direct action. It's the ONLY way to get listened to and get changes made.

Liverpool

What a load of shit

It pains me to say this, but the poster is from liverpool. They are famous for nicking hub caps, maybe they have moved on from them."

we moved away from that a long time ago. We now steal wheel nuts.

"There is no excuse for an unprovoked attack by anyone. Either side loses credibility if that happens.

ok then .... would you agree with regard to the G20 summit protests in 2009, the police lost all credibility?

Certain police actions that day were inexcusable."

do you think that this protest is unique as regard to the conduct of the police on that particular occasion?

What a victory that was.

You are aware of the difference between the two? We had six adults living at my mum and dads, and they wanted about 6 times the value of the old "rates". The council tax is payed on your property, not the person. They ended up getting a little bit more than the old "rates".

I didn't riot, but I refused to pay it. Direct action. It's the ONLY way to get listened to and get changes made."

i didn't pay, i attended the protest rallys .... but i didn't riot ... this is also direct action.

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Give a few years and like most riots, the reason is forgotten just the damage is remembered.

Take the Toxteth riots, some will remember the reason. Most will remember the riots itself, and also the aftermath of them

What a victory that was.

I didn't riot, but I refused to pay it. Direct action. It's the ONLY way to get listened to and get changes made."

And it was probably the fact that direct non violent action was taken that had the affect. Look at the Student rioting that happened was anything changed??? But I bet if people didn't pay like you did then change would be forthcoming.

Look at India and the way they shook of English rule. Non violent protest.

And I have no idea about Poll tax to be honest as I was too young and not in the country.

do you think that this protest is unique as regard to the conduct of the police on that particular occasion?"

Of course I don't. There are plenty of examples of piss poor actions by both police and protesters. Neither side benefits from those situations.

Eastbourne

As for peaceful protests, take tiennamen square. All the clashes with the armed forces, the most memorable moment is the student standing in front of a tank.

[Removed by poster at 25/11/14 20:44:32]

What a victory that was.

I didn't riot, but I refused to pay it. Direct action. It's the ONLY way to get listened to and get changes made.

And it was probably the fact that direct non violent action was taken that had the affect. Look at the Student rioting that happened was anything changed??? But I bet if people didn't pay like you did then change would be forthcoming.

Look at India and the way they shook of English rule. Non violent protest.

And I have no idea about Poll tax to be honest as I was too young and not in the country. "

Bloody students....too idle to riot. Most of em were still in bed!

do you think that this protest is unique as regard to the conduct of the police on that particular occasion?

Of course I don't. There are plenty of examples of piss poor actions by both police and protesters. Neither side benefits from those situations."

so the occasions of protests where these "piss poor actions" by the police have a strong possibility of being the spark which ignited peaceful protests into violent demonstrations or riots, a by product of which is looting?

The sensible way forward when protesting police violence in the USA would surely be to stop paying your local taxes.

But of course you can't get a new TV that way.

Destroying local homes and businesses is not a sensible way of improving your environment.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"

"

Yes, I stole your avatar pic while you were distracted

I think this is a pertananent question to quite a few threads that have been raised recently.

While we talk about societal unrest, for me the turning point of my generation was the miners strike, where huge sections of society really lost alot of belief in the police, government and media.

They say Margret Thatcher was this and the other side say that, but in reality the only thing she was to everyone was divisive.

I think the Vietnam war was probably the same thing to the Americans, that pivotal moment where one half of a society gets turned against the other half

Liverpool

"I think this is a pertananent question to quite a few threads that have been raised recently.

While we talk about societal unrest, for me the turning point of my generation was the miners strike, where huge sections of society really lost alot of belief in the police, government and media.

They say Margret Thatcher was this and the other side say that, but in reality the only thing she was to everyone was divisive.

I think the Vietnam war was probably the same thing to the Americans, that pivotal moment where one half of a society gets turned against the other half "

You mean what this government is doing now by beating up on the poorest of our society while helping the rich become richer?

Eastbourne

There will always be a small element gets into any peaceful protest, just so they can have the chance at a pop at the police.

"As for peaceful protests, take tiennamen square. All the clashes with the armed forces, the most memorable moment is the student standing in front of a tank. "

Yeah he got arrested and nobody saw him ever again!

Of course I don't. There are plenty of examples of piss poor actions by both police and protesters. Neither side benefits from those situations.

so the occasions of protests where these "piss poor actions" by the police have a strong possibility of being the spark which ignited peaceful protests into violent demonstrations or riots, a by product of which is looting?"

Sometimes they are.

"There will always be a small element gets into any peaceful protest, just so they can have the chance at a pop at the police. "

another wild statement .... there are far more peaceful protests in the uk than there are protests with incidents of violence .... we just tend to see the more violent demonstrations on the news because peaceful protests are not considered "sexy" enough by the media.

"There will always be a small element gets into any peaceful protest, just so they can have the chance at a pop at the police.

another wild statement .... there are far more peaceful protests in the uk than there are protests with incidents of violence .... we just tend to see the more violent demonstrations on the news because peaceful protests are not considered "sexy" enough by the media."

I'd agree with that.

What a load of shit

It pains me to say this, but the poster is from liverpool. They are famous for nicking hub caps, maybe they have moved on from them."

That's the attitude that helped the government bury the tragic incompetence and willful negligence of the police at Hillsborough

Liverpool

What a load of shit

It pains me to say this, but the poster is from liverpool. They are famous for nicking hub caps, maybe they have moved on from them..

That's the attitude that helped the government bury the tragic incompetence and willful negligence of the police at Hillsborough "

How true and see how long it's taken before the police are being held accountable. Even now most of them are saying they did nothing wrong.

The police aren't that bad.

At least none of them will be undercover stoking up the rioting or making other protestors preggers.

Respect the cops - they keep us safe from someone or other.

Liverpool

"The police aren't that bad.

At least none of them will be undercover stoking up the rioting or making other protestors preggers.

Respect the cops - they keep us safe from someone or other. "

Am sorry did you miss the news story where a undercover police officer joined up to a animal rights group and had a kid with a activest

Respect the cops - they keep us safe from someone or other. "

subtle .... this will go over some heads lmao

Liverpool

"I think this is a pertananent question to quite a few threads that have been raised recently.

I think the Vietnam war was probably the same thing to the Americans, that pivotal moment where one half of a society gets turned against the other half

You mean what this government is doing now by beating up on the poorest of our society while helping the rich become richer?

Absolute bloody rubbish, for God's sake sonny, get a fukkin' life...!!!!!"

Welcome back Eva, I've missed your engaging chat

Should I mention that both my brother and sister in law are police officers?

They have to put up with some incredible shit because of the actions of a few of their colleagues but there are some truly honest and professional coppers out there. Sadly you don't get to hear about them as much.

"Should I mention that both my brother and sister in law are police officers?

They have to put up with some incredible shit because of the actions of a few of their colleagues but there are some truly honest and professional coppers out there. Sadly you don't get to hear about them as much."

They have to put up with some incredible shit because of the actions of a few of their colleagues but there are some truly honest and professional coppers out there. Sadly you don't get to hear about them as much."

it doesn't really make a difference if you do

on your second point, it's probably the fault of the IPCC and the various Chief Constables of the regions who have white washed so much of the questionable and nefarious activities comitted by some members of their workforce over the last 5 or 6 decades. Also the way they tend to close ranks doesn't help their cause and there are extremely low incidences of whistle-blowing in the profession, so much so that it can be construed that most are complicit in their guilt when these things go unreported, loosely investigated or when no action is taken. however we are in fact bombarded daily by media coverage of positive actions by the police, more so than the negative coverage and this is plain to see.

By *icked weaselCouple  over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

This Thread Reminds me of SWAMPY..

"

Ghandi just sat in the middle of the road...others joined him...many others.. no looting there..it was peaceful quiet just sitting there..blocking roads squares towns a country...

Looting is just destroying all for every one as guess no more Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Sainsburys or others will go back if they have been looted and burnt..and are you goign to walk 10miles to nearest or is the OAP next door going to walk the same distance, or the single girl with 2 kids... ?

They have to put up with some incredible shit because of the actions of a few of their colleagues but there are some truly honest and professional coppers out there. Sadly you don't get to hear about them as much.

on your second point, it's probably the fault of the IPCC and the various Chief Constables of the regions who have white washed so much of the questionable and nefarious activities comitted by some members of their workforce over the last 5 or 6 decades. Also the way they tend to close ranks doesn't help their cause and there are extremely low incidences of whistle-blowing in the profession, so much so that it can be construed that most are complicit in their guilt when these things go unreported, loosely investigated or when no action is taken. however we are in fact bombarded daily by media coverage of positive actions by the police, more so than the negative coverage and this is plain to see. "

I'd agree with you regarding the IPCC and theclosing of ranks when the shit hits the fan.

Some good news stories make the press but they're not sensationalized like the scandals/misscarrages of justice. We should celebrate the good actions of the police who I my want to help and protect. We should crucify (metaphorically) those who misuse their powers.

Excuse my typos, autocarrot appears to have it in for me this evening....

Liverpool

on your second point, it's probably the fault of the IPCC and the various Chief Constables of the regions who have white washed so much of the questionable and nefarious activities comitted by some members of their workforce over the last 5 or 6 decades. Also the way they tend to close ranks doesn't help their cause and there are extremely low incidences of whistle-blowing in the profession, so much so that it can be construed that most are complicit in their guilt when these things go unreported, loosely investigated or when no action is taken. however we are in fact bombarded daily by media coverage of positive actions by the police, more so than the negative coverage and this is plain to see.

I'd agree with you regarding the IPCC and theclosing of ranks when the shit hits the fan.

Some good news stories make the press but they're not sensationalized like the scandals/misscarrages of justice. We should celebrate the good actions of the police who I my want to help and protect. We should crucify (metaphorically) those who misuse their powers."

But they don't crucify those who have done wrong. As I said earlier most of them *retire* then get sacked so they can claim on thier pension.

It's all getting a bit personal in here, is it really worth it?

"It's all getting a bit personal in here, is it really worth it?"

agreed .... the vitriol displayed by some of the recent exchanges on this thread are exceedingly unbecoming of any decent human .... i might be out ... or might not ... will watch and see

"It's all getting a bit personal in here, is it really worth it?

agreed .... the vitriol displayed by some of the recent exchanges on this thread are exceedingly unbecoming of any decent human .... i might be out ... or might not ... will watch and see"

I'm out, the thread has lost its validity because of personal sniping.

Titz Towers, North Notts

Katie Hopkins, lives again.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"It's all getting a bit personal in here, is it really worth it?"

Depends on what you use your autocarrots for

Respect the cops - they keep us safe from someone or other.

Am sorry did you miss the news story where a undercover police officer joined up to a animal rights group and had a kid with a activest

"

I was being sarky

Liverpool

"It's all getting a bit personal in here, is it really worth it?

Depends on what you use your autocarrots for "

Lol

They have to put up with some incredible shit because of the actions of a few of their colleagues but there are some truly honest and professional coppers out there. Sadly you don't get to hear about them as much. "

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Hit the nail on the head View.

on your second point, it's probably the fault of the IPCC and the various Chief Constables of the regions who have white washed so much of the questionable and nefarious activities comitted by some members of their workforce over the last 5 or 6 decades. Also the way they tend to close ranks doesn't help their cause and there are extremely low incidences of whistle-blowing in the profession, so much so that it can be construed that most are complicit in their guilt when these things go unreported, loosely investigated or when no action is taken. however we are in fact bombarded daily by media coverage of positive actions by the police, more so than the negative coverage and this is plain to see. "

Having just completed my civil duty and served 2 weeks jury service, thank god for the law. I'm no saint, but without law, we're all fucked. If you loot, you're a thief. cant do the time, don't do the crime

"it tarnishes the memory of the man whose death they are protesting against, or so they say.."

it very likely does .... but as yet there is little coverage in this country of the hundreds of protests in solidarity of the ferguson protestors which are reported as being largely peaceful .... these peaceful protests honour his memory

"

"

Yeah, but only to fucktards.

I get looting every Thursday... And sometimes on a Sunday too if I'm not to tired

"I get looting every Thursday... And sometimes on a Sunday too if I'm not to tired "

I can play the lute, is looting the collective term?

If it is then in have this thread all wrong!

"I get looting every Thursday... And sometimes on a Sunday too if I'm not to tired

If it is then in have this thread all wrong!"

lol no I meant the loot free ads paper....

It's never been the same since it went online

"I get looting every Thursday... And sometimes on a Sunday too if I'm not to tired

If it is then in have this thread all wrong! lol no I meant the loot free ads paper....

It's never been the same since it went online "

Much like Ceefax!

If it is then in have this thread all wrong! lol no I meant the loot free ads paper....

It's never been the same since it went online

Much like Ceefax! "

Add my ex to that list.

"

Ghandi just sat in the middle of the road...others joined him...many others.. no looting there..it was peaceful quiet just sitting there..blocking roads squares towns a country...

Looting is just destroying all for every one as guess no more Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Sainsburys or others will go back if they have been looted and burnt..and are you goign to walk 10miles to nearest or is the OAP next door going to walk the same distance, or the single girl with 2 kids... ?

"

Did he get kettled? Crushed by a police horse? Pepper sprayed? Hit with plastic bullets? All of these are and have been available from your local friendly HM government representative. Non violent protest can work, but only in huge numbers. And when you have governments willing to swamp a place with police from outside their patch (as in the miners strike), or with militia as in the states or as we did in Eire, then losing in the road just gets you hurt. If the easter uprising had never happened, do you honestly think the UK govt would have just walked away from Eire?

I agree, looters should be shot"

Do you change your underwear as quick as your argument?

Looting, rioting ffs, what happened to peaceful protest, the Egyptians deposed a government that way.

If you don't like the law of a specific land, move to another one, may I suggest, Afghanistan, or Syria, they love rioters/looters out there.

"Looting, rioting ffs, what happened to peaceful protest, the Egyptians deposed a government that way.

If you don't like the law of a specific land, move to another one, may I suggest, Afghanistan, or Syria, they love rioters/looters out there. "

.They didn't actually the army took the peoples side and deposed the government, do you think if they hadn't and stayed loyal to government peaceful protest would have been met with bullets. Think northern Ireland

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

Why do people assume the looters have anything to do with Michael Brown and aren't just opportunists?

The genuine protesters and the looters are too different sets of people.

"Looting, rioting ffs, what happened to peaceful protest, the Egyptians deposed a government that way.

If you don't like the law of a specific land, move to another one, may I suggest, Afghanistan, or Syria, they love rioters/looters out there. "

Did you see the footage in Egypt? It wasn't peaceful by any stetch of the imagination.

By *imjohnCouple  over a year ago

Clacton on sea, Essex

"Whenever there is a protest the looting starts. Quite how that gets a point across god only knows."

Shoot the looters, just scum wanting to do their own thing...society don't need them & nor do we.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"

"

Certainly looting a 48" plasma tv as a statement against globalisation, the power of media corporations and consumerism somehow doesn't seem fully thought through....

Mr ddc

"

Did he get kettled? Crushed by a police horse? Pepper sprayed? Hit with plastic bullets? All of these are and have been available from your local friendly HM government representative. Non violent protest can work, but only in huge numbers. And when you have governments willing to swamp a place with police from outside their patch (as in the miners strike), or with militia as in the states or as we did in Eire, then losing in the road just gets you hurt. If the easter uprising had never happened, do you honestly think the UK govt would have just walked away from Eire?"

Read your history - they fired into his supports with life rounds killing children, women, men just because they were fed up .. Think before answering something 1 should sit down and think

"

Did he get kettled? Crushed by a police horse? Pepper sprayed? Hit with plastic bullets? All of these are and have been available from your local friendly HM government representative. Non violent protest can work, but only in huge numbers. And when you have governments willing to swamp a place with police from outside their patch (as in the miners strike), or with militia as in the states or as we did in Eire, then losing in the road just gets you hurt. If the easter uprising had never happened, do you honestly think the UK govt would have just walked away from Eire?

Read your history - they fired into his supports with life rounds killing children, women, men just because they were fed up .. Think before answering something 1 should sit down and think"

My point exactly, peaceful non violent demonstrations just mean you get the shit kicked out of you or tear gassed for sitting in the road. If you want to change something, change it, don't assume you can shame the powers that be into doing it. You won't, you will just end up hurt, dead or in prison. The only way to get anything across to a politician is confrontation, be that non payment of tax, physically stopping JCB and mining equipment or sabotage.

There's a theory that only 5% of any population are the movers and shakers, they are backed by 15% who follow, the other 80% do nothing but complain.

So to break it down you've got a small about of people who grab the bull by the horns and do something about what they believe in (either way), you then have a sizable minority who will follow these peoples ideologies but not have any true belief in what the ideology is.

You then have the vast majority who will do physically nothing but moan about that sizeable minority and their actions, but in the end they will get dragged along by the small minority because of their apathetic tendencies.

Titz Towers, North Notts

I may have gotten the wrong idea, as my first thought on hearing of Ferguson Looting – was that I bet his face is redder than ever now.

"My point exactly, peaceful non violent demonstrations just mean you get the shit kicked out of you or tear gassed for sitting in the road. If you want to change something, change it, don't assume you can shame the powers that be into doing it. You won't, you will just end up hurt, dead or in prison. The only way to get anything across to a politician is confrontation, be that non payment of tax, physically stopping JCB and mining equipment or sabotage. "

Fair enough, I know the police can make a passive protest a full on battle, some of my scars came from peaceful protesting, but if you have to get violent and you have a problem with the police burn down the police station, not some family business, or a row of shops you just nicked a TV from with flats full of innocent people above!

"My point exactly, peaceful non violent demonstrations just mean you get the shit kicked out of you or tear gassed for sitting in the road. If you want to change something, change it, don't assume you can shame the powers that be into doing it. You won't, you will just end up hurt, dead or in prison. The only way to get anything across to a politician is confrontation, be that non payment of tax, physically stopping JCB and mining equipment or sabotage.

Fair enough, I know the police can make a passive protest a full on battle, some of my scars came from peaceful protesting, but if you have to get violent and you have a problem with the police burn down the police station, not some family business, or a row of shops you just nicked a TV from with flats full of innocent people above!"

Absolutely. I never said I supported looting. I am all for confrontation though. Physical if necessary. Pull down the effigies of Cromwell, Thatcher and the rest of the oppressive regimes.

If any one decides to follow up this Thats their choice but I came across a Movement on line which works Internationally there Is no violence Involved but the proof of the pudding Is checking out the site yourself and to See what their campaigns try and a Achieve world wide on a daily basis and A lot of the time they have made big Steps In Improveing situations which Need a powerful voice to get Them across to the people they are Aimed at just check out... aarvaz on Line..

That's the whole problem with ideas and ideologies though.

You can start the ball rolling but after that it becomes a living breathing creature of its own

"If any one decides to follow up this Thats their choice but I came across a Movement on line which works Internationally there Is no violence Involved but the proof of the pudding Is checking out the site yourself and to See what their campaigns try and a Achieve world wide on a daily basis and A lot of the time they have made big Steps In Improveing situations which Need a powerful voice to get Them across to the people they are Aimed at just check out... aarvaz on Line.. "

It won't work in north Korea though. Restricted internet access. Sites banned. The state watching what you _iew. And its coming here to!

Eastbourne

What a load of shit

It pains me to say this, but the poster is from liverpool. They are famous for nicking hub caps, maybe they have moved on from them..

That's the attitude that helped the government bury the tragic incompetence and willful negligence of the police at Hillsborough "

And does it do to the people of Liverpool, having one of their own say it is Ok to loot. Far more damage than the Hillsborough disaster ever can do. There are people alive today who don't know know what happened that day, but they know that Scousers go round nicking things.

» Add a new message to this topic