FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > can't be arsed with Christmas

can't be arsed with Christmas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else just can't be arsed with Christmas & all the shallow fakeness that goes with it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Same here. Cancelled christmas years ago in my house, still have a christmas dinner but don't see the point in buying presents or getting in contact with others you can't be arsed with the rest of the year just coz jesus was born.

By *luezuluMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

Agreed

bah humbugs you pair

Jingle bell jingle bell jingle bell rock ,happy crimbo everyone ,bah humbug

We both have been fed up with Christmas since they started advertising it in September!

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"Anyone else just can't be arsed with Christmas & all the shallow fakeness that goes with it. "

This

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I'm really looking forward to it

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Yeah, Ive been saying it here for the last 6 weeks now.

Its shit. Well it is for me, puts way to much pressure one me and that pressure goes up year on year.

I've felt uncomfortable with Christmas for years and feel I would be a hypocrite celebrating it as I am an Atheist - however, I have two toung children and feel that they shouldn't miss out, so I make sure that when they are with me they get as 'normal' a Christmas as possible - although they know how I feel about it and understand (that Daddy doesn't get presents, lol)

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Commercial nonesense. Bah Humbug

"Commercial nonesense. Bah Humbug "

That's the bit I hate x

But I now get what I can get done and the rest has to wait x

It should be a special time to spend with family etc. But that is long gone dragged on for a month with financial pressure applied by all around.

We can't be arsed with it either we're off to tenerife next month back when it's all over

Would love to hibernate for a month & miss the whole thing.

The problem with xmas is people over do with spending. They want the best. They want to much.

With food they over buy and probably end up wasting food.

Buy presents on credit.

I make a budget and stick to it and I don't end up struggling in January.

I shop at aldi and b&m. If I can't afford present then ill tell people not to buy me anything or I make food stuffs to give.

So stop stressing. Have a cheap xmas.

Also charity shops are awesome.

By *all-Eddies QosCouple  over a year ago

wirral

Only bother because of the kids

"Anyone else just can't be arsed with Christmas & all the shallow fakeness that goes with it. "

Me, VERY much so. I suffer from severe seasonal blues but have to put a brave face on for the kids and the closer it gets the harder it gets. I HATE this time of year

Stu..

By *y2funMan  over a year ago

DUDLEY

"Christmas & all the shallow fakeness that goes with it. "

I really don't mind it per say, what i hate is the way the media tell you how to enjoy it, the crappy adverts and how happy you should be....

think about the poor bastards that have nothing and might be alone on Christmas day or night....

i guess if we all did one thing this crimbo it would be to help someone else....... time for a trip to the food bank for me... I know a shallow difference but maybe a difference.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Christmas & all the shallow fakeness that goes with it.

I really don't mind it per say, what i hate is the way the media tell you how to enjoy it, the crappy adverts and how happy you should be....

think about the poor bastards that have nothing and might be alone on Christmas day or night....

i guess if we all did one thing this crimbo it would be to help someone else....... time for a trip to the food bank for me... I know a shallow difference but maybe a difference."

The true spirit of Christmas is the thinking of others and helping wherever you can

I celebrate Yule not Christmas but for me it's about time with my family but not the ones I don't have contact with all year x

DUDLEY

"

The true spirit of Christmas is the thinking of others and helping wherever you can"

must be us Yam Yam's mate looking out for others

I hate the you have to spend xxxx in £££££ to make people happy...... I just wanna have a decent couple of days, enjoy the people I'm with.. and maybe some good TV i like that lull in between crimbo and new year when you can just chill and not feel guilty or shit about doing nowt........ I have a box set already planed for the 28th dec....... food and tv day.. people leave the bear alone!

DUDLEY

"I celebrate Yule not Christmas "

how does that differ for you? its all very much as it "should be done" in our house.... i'd love to have some kind of alternative crimbo..........

Nothing fake about our family Christmas. It's real love and joy

"I've felt uncomfortable with Christmas for years and feel I would be a hypocrite celebrating it as I am an Atheist - however, I have two toung children and feel that they shouldn't miss out, so I make sure that when they are with me they get as 'normal' a Christmas as possible - although they know how I feel about it and understand (that Daddy doesn't get presents, lol)"

Celebrate "Xmas" instead - all the fun of Christmas, but none of the religious crap (they stole it from pagans anyway). It's a magical time of year to eat, drink and then sleep and fart your way through "The Great Escape"

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I firmly believe that you should celebrate how you want to or not at all. As Banana Cake says our winter celebration is a genuine opportunity to show our family that we love them, we try and do that all year anyway but the tradition of feasting goes back thousands of years and we enjoy it.

Neither of us is Christian so we don't celebrate Christmas as such.

As I find myself saying so often lately don't buy into the hype and the hype will go away.

By *leasures4Couple  over a year ago

East midlands

This is the first Christmas I won't have my son at home, and see him open his presents... So Christmas isn't very exciting for me this year. I can't help but feel sad about it. But...

...I am going to try and turn it into something good and maybe have a cheeky night or two away with the mister.

"Christmas & all the shallow fakeness that goes with it.

i guess if we all did one thing this crimbo it would be to help someone else....... time for a trip to the food bank for me... I know a shallow difference but maybe a difference."

Not a shallow difference at all. Twice in my 18 years as a parent ive been given a food hamper because we couldn't afford food, was really grateful for it too, kept the hamper for years as well coz it came in handy lol.

By *osmicsMan  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Christmas time gives me stress, tires me, costs me a fortune, makes me gain weight.

However I could not imagine a world without it.

A good time for love and all that jazz (jizz-lol)

Can't wait

By *rcticFoxxxWoman  over a year ago

Hereabouts

Christmas is awful. I'm not even gonna mention the food and dealing with relatives. But presents??? Anyone over the age of 12 should just buy their own present, and thank everyone around them for it. I'm skint this year so I'll buy myself a pen. My sister can buy herself a tv and thank everyone else for it and not feel bad for not spending much on other people, cos they all bought their own presents too! Everybody wins!

Ok stupid idea but one can dream right.

By *couser83Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

Just another day for me, but I have found something worthwhile to do. So its all good.

By *rtemisiaWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

Bah, and indeed, humbug.

I'm not into Christmas at all. Hate all the shopping and the commercial aspect of it. Also feel quite lonely too. I'm a summertime person.

me neither, glad i'm working xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

not doing Christmas this year. Just got my son presents and not buying for anyone else. Will have xmas dinner at my parents.

I've lost my Christian faith, so not interested in celebrating it. It's all about money these days, not the birth of Christ.

All the media, glitz and glamour along with the pressure to have this fantastic time.... I hate it

I am volunteering on Christmas Day so no big fancy dinner here and I can't wait

I will be with a group of volunteers putting on a lunch for the elderly

» Add a new message to this topic