FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is Swinging becoming tacky ?

Is Swinging becoming tacky ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orseydave OP   Man  over a year ago

Norwich NR5

There was a time when having friends one swung with, was much the same as any other friendship, only instead of sharing a love of golf,gardening,trainspotting and sailing, we had a common interest in the freedom of love/sex etc.

Just this week I received an invite to meet a couple. "Just walk in, bedrooms on your left handside, the wife will be naked and on bed, just fuck her and leave" were my instructions !!!!

These sort of people are in my mind just fantacists, and have no respect for either themselves, the visitor nor worse than that, their partner/wife.

My friend Ellena calls them "Shell Suit Swingers".

So my question is "Is Swinging becoming Tacky"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orthLincsIronCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

No but it seems to have become snobbish

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No, it's just what they're into.

"No, it's just what they're into."

this

Its not what I'm into but each to their own. You don't have to join in

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

You making this assumtion due to one email?

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

No but it's very judgemental with some thinking their way is the only way.

By *orseydave OP   Man  over a year ago

Norwich NR5

"No but it's very judgemental with some thinking their way is the only way."

Not at all... I asked a question

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"No but it's very judgemental with some thinking their way is the only way."

There are many 'definitions' of swinging dependant on who you ask.

So whether it is becoming 'tacky' is subjective to your own perception.

To me? No. It isn't.

A

By *y2funMan  over a year ago

DUDLEY

"No but it's very judgemental with some thinking their way is the only way.

Not at all... I asked a question "

think there' must be one person from every walk of life here... I really thought it was going to be about free love, all very hippy trippy.... what a shock I had... Ang guessed right... she was more near the mark of how people really are..... some odd, some weird, some just like you and me.... some not.... its fucking strangers what do you really expect? by the way ang is upstairs waiting her next viewing.... all very fred west style here

No you didn't.

"These sort of people are in my mind just fantacists, and have no respect for either themselves, the visitor nor worse than that, their partner/wife."

That's not a question and is judgemental.

DUDLEY

" have no respect for either themselves, the visitor nor worse than that, their partner/wife."

."

I think its OK to judge why not? ffs its your life/body etc,etc, etc......

and can you truly have respect when you let anyone walk in do the deed and walk out? ok if thats your bag but not sure any respect can be involved...

I think the OP was right in asking this....... but some folks here think I can be very snobby anyway so its all good..

valid point to ask, why can't people who swing not judge others? its the world we live in that makes us this way......

" have no respect for either themselves, the visitor nor worse than that, their partner/wife."

and can you truly have respect when you let anyone walk in do the deed and walk out? ok if thats your bag but not sure any respect can be involved...

I think the OP was right in asking this....... but some folks here think I can be very snobby anyway so its all good..

valid point to ask, why can't people who swing not judge others? its the world we live in that makes us this way......"

I suppose your right in saying why can't they judge, although it seems a bit pointless doesn't it?? Just don't meet those people

valid point to ask, why can't people who swing not judge others? its the world we live in that makes us this way......"

I don't think anyone has said that people cannot form judgements. That is a matter for them, but surely there is equally no reason why others should not point out that they are being judgemental.

DUDLEY

" I suppose your right in saying why can't they judge, although it seems a bit pointless doesn't it?? Just don't meet those people "

i would 100% of people on here have judged at some point be it either profile/pics or cams.... how many times have you seen a profile and gone WTF! just most people won't admit it.. swinging has gone PC

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

" I suppose your right in saying why can't they judge, although it seems a bit pointless doesn't it?? Just don't meet those people

i would 100% of people on here have judged at some point be it either profile/pics or cams.... how many times have you seen a profile and gone WTF! just most people won't admit it.. swinging has gone PC "

I make judgements on things I see daily.

I just don't always see the need for my personal views to be shared with anyone else. After all - their mine.

Yes people judge. But some also respect the choices of others even if it doesn't fit with their own views.

A

" I suppose your right in saying why can't they judge, although it seems a bit pointless doesn't it?? Just don't meet those people

i would 100% of people on here have judged at some point be it either profile/pics or cams.... how many times have you seen a profile and gone WTF! just most people won't admit it.. swinging has gone PC

I make judgements on things I see daily.

I just don't always see the need for my personal views to be shared with anyone else. After all - their mine.

Yes people judge. But some also respect the choices of others even if it doesn't fit with their own views.

A"

^^^^^^^ what they said

Of course we all judge. For one thing, we make judgements when deciding who to meet. We don't all feel the need to start threads criticising others and the way they meet and calling it tacky and using terms like "shell suit swinging".

Our way is better than your way, ner ner ner ner ner!?

The OP seems to think he's better than some others because his way of swinging is better, (according to him).

And he feels the need to comment on other people having no respect of others?! Brilliant

By *exine xCouple  over a year ago

Leicester

"No but it seems to have become snobbish"

This is an interesting thread.

Why has Swinging become Snobbish?

Our take on this is that with the

invention of the Internet, there are more potential playmates on show, therefore, people can be more selective. This can be deemed as snobby?

L & F

i would 100% of people on here have judged at some point be it either profile/pics or cams.... how many times have you seen a profile and gone WTF! just most people won't admit it.. swinging has gone PC "

It's not they won't admit it. It's that they move on to something more to their liking without feeling the need to tell everyone else about it and be insulting.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"No but it seems to have become snobbish

invention of the Internet, there are more potential playmates on show, therefore, people can be more selective. This can be deemed as snobby?

L & F

"

being selective isn't snobbery but looking down on someone for their perceived class or behaviour is, either above or below your own perception of yourself.

DUDLEY

"

"

all very "shameless/ch5" but a great erm putting on profile now..... NO SHELL SUIT SWINGERS (along with tories and daily mail readers) our catchment area gets less by the hour................................

DUDLEY

" looking down on someone for their perceived class or behaviour is, either above or below your own perception of yourself. "

I'm buggered I look down on myself

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

all very "shameless/ch5" but a great erm putting on profile now..... NO SHELL SUIT SWINGERS (along with tories and daily mail readers) our catchment area gets less by the hour................................"

you're going to be reduced to meeting yourselves

By *orthLincsIronCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

L & F

"

Hi. We agree that there is more choice out there and people can be selective of who they do or don't meet, their choice and totally fine by us. The snobbery comment is people have differing views of swinging, almost elitist, and if your version of swinging doesn't match theirs then you are looked down upon as some sort of freak who is ruining swinging. We all have differing needs and wants out of swinging, this should be respected as our choice and not frowned upon by what we would term elitist swinging snobs,

D & K

Forum Mod

East Sussex

" looking down on someone for their perceived class or behaviour is, either above or below your own perception of yourself.

I'm buggered I look down on myself "

look at it this way if you're buggered at least you're getting some action

L & F

being selective isn't snobbery but looking down on someone for their perceived class or behaviour is, either above or below your own perception of yourself. "

I couldn't agree more but some people relish putting others down for what ever reason only known unto themselves.

I prefer it when it's sticky.

If it's tacky, you've let it dry out too much....

By *omewhat_kinkyCouple  over a year ago

reigate

We are all here for our own reasons, and want different things from this scene.

in the kink scene there's a saying.

Your Kink Is Not My Kink. But Your Kink Is Ok

in other words respect other peoples scene

What if the people mentioned in the opening post don't consider themselves to be swingers

DUDLEY

"

you're going to be reduced to meeting yourselves "

thats not funny we failed to get a meet for last saturday night and I said to Ang the only couple I fancy on here is ourselves..

but I don't even like myself and ther'es no way I'm having sex with two ANg's that would just be weird (unless you have a twin thing going on) think its time we sorted out the time wasters and block us from our own profile

"We are all here for our own reasons, and want different things from this scene.

in the kink scene there's a saying.

Your Kink Is Not My Kink. But Your Kink Is Ok

in other words respect other peoples scene"

The question was surrounded by a mass of elitest judgemental snobbery though.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

you're going to be reduced to meeting yourselves

thats not funny we failed to get a meet for last saturday night and I said to Ang the only couple I fancy on here is ourselves..

but I don't even like myself and ther'es no way I'm having sex with two ANg's that would just be weird (unless you have a twin thing going on) think its time we sorted out the time wasters and block us from our own profile "

well thanks for that

I think blocking yourself is the way forward

Just glad I'm not a swinger, you lot are ruining it for us timewasters.

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

'sharing a love of golf, gardening, and sailing' admirable pursuits of course, and generally not seen as activities enjoyed by those shell suit oiks, but trainspotting?...trainspotting..Oh dear

OP it maybe there thing ... that turns them on .. just say no if its not yours .. people are all different and we all have our own likes.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"There was a time when having friends one swung with, was much the same as any other friendship, only instead of sharing a love of golf,gardening,trainspotting and sailing, we had a common interest in the freedom of love/sex etc.

Just this week I received an invite to meet a couple. "Just walk in, bedrooms on your left handside, the wife will be naked and on bed, just fuck her and leave" were my instructions !!!!

These sort of people are in my mind just fantacists, and have no respect for either themselves, the visitor nor worse than that, their partner/wife.

So my question is "Is Swinging becoming Tacky""

I think part of swinging for a lot of orople is being able to act out fantasies, wether it be gang bangs, dogging, orgies, being watched or having a guy over to fuck the lady then leave it doesn't matter. None of those are my cuppa tea but if that's what people want then fair play to them for going after it. Don't see why it makes it tacky!

There are almost as many facets to swinging as there are swingers.

Some I like,

Some I am intrigued by but probably wouldn't do,

Some I have no interest in,

and

Some that frankly horrify me.

but it makes life interesting, and there are plenty in the categories I do like, so all is fine and dandy

By *adgodCouple  over a year ago

Greensburg

To each their own. Agree with most posters. Just because something is different from what you do, doesnt make it a bad thing.

"To each their own. Agree with most posters. Just because something is different from what you do, doesnt make it a bad thing. "

DUDLEY

"Just because something is different from what you do, doesnt make it a bad thing. "

no it doesn't but i don't see any harm in wanting to talk about it... it seems a lot of people are quick to judge those who pass comment on others..... i full get the "shell suit swinging" statement even though i'm as rough as a badgers arse does that mean i can't want to try and improve myself and aim higher ? snob i am.

By *leasures4Couple  over a year ago

East midlands

We did the thing of "Mrs will be on the bed, blindfolded and in nothing but knickers and heels"

And we don't even own a shellsuit!

But in all seriousness...

Communication is so important. They should have asked if what they asked was OK with you if it was their fantasy.

By *irtyAndCh33kyCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

" Just this week I received an invite to meet a couple. "Just walk in, bedrooms on your left handside, the wife will be naked and on bed, just fuck her and leave" were my instructions !!!!

These sort of people are in my mind just fantacists, and have no respect for either themselves, the visitor nor worse than that, their partner/wife "

That's not tacky...it's role play

What IS tacky is the stereotypical view that some people have about swinging!

Mrs Dirty

"No, it's just what they're into."

. This.... It's there fantasy.

By *adgodCouple  over a year ago

Greensburg

"Just because something is different from what you do, doesnt make it a bad thing.

no it doesn't but i don't see any harm in wanting to talk about it... it seems a lot of people are quick to judge those who pass comment on others..... i full get the "shell suit swinging" statement even though i'm as rough as a badgers arse does that mean i can't want to try and improve myself and aim higher ? snob i am."

Talking about something and being judgemental and insulting are two different things though.Most people are fine with their preferences and fantasies. If you want to improve yourself, that's fine, but the definition of improvement is individually defined and subjective.

Not at all... I asked a question

think there' must be one person from every walk of life here... I really thought it was going to be about free love, all very hippy trippy.... what a shock I had... Ang guessed right... she was more near the mark of how people really are..... some odd, some weird, some just like you and me.... some not.... its fucking strangers what do you really expect? by the way ang is upstairs waiting her next viewing.... all very fred west style here "

Made me proper chuckle that did

"

So my question is "Is Swinging becoming Tacky""

Only if you don't shower afterwards.

By *et a roomCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Swinging isn't 'becoming' anything! People like different things, like anything in life. What turns some people on, others may not like, or may even find disgusting.

We are not prudes by any means, but the things some people enjoy we find repulsive. Each to their own. If you don't like what someone else wants, simply look elsewhere. It's not difficult to find on here.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"No, it's just what they're into.

. This.... It's there fantasy. "

» Add a new message to this topic