FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > ebola vaccine

ebola vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me or does anyone else think that pharmaceutical companies came up with an ebola vaccine rather quick, I normally balk at conspiracy theories, however, it does make me wonder if the pharmaceutical company has been sitting on this vaccine for some time, and If this is the case, would it be beyond reason for the ebola outbreak to be manufactured to sell these vaccines

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Is it just me or does anyone else think that pharmaceutical companies came up with an ebola vaccine rather quick, I normally balk at conspiracy theories, however, it does make me wonder if the pharmaceutical company has been sitting on this vaccine for some time, and If this is the case, would it be beyond reason for the ebola outbreak to be manufactured to sell these vaccines"

I don't think the situation is something to jest about or make up silly conspiracy theories. People are dying.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

from something i read recently, i gather the virus is ,like our yearly flu' panics, a virus that changes....so the CDC has vaccines, like our wide ranging antibiotics, that can be engineered to specific outbreaks when they occur..

I think you conspiratorial minds working overtime.

The research companies have had limited success with non-approved trials so they've already got a lot of baseline information to work from. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they've managed to crack solutions quickly.

That said, they're still gonna rake in bajillions from production of a mass produce-able vaccine.

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say, people have and are dieing through this, very bad taste.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"

I don't think the situation is something to jest about or make up silly conspiracy theories. People are dying. "

I'm not a closed mind, I have an inquisitive nature, I question things, it's not jest, Its a debate, I understand people are dying, do you care more than I do because of your statement? And stranger things have happened

I hardly think it's in bad taste, is someone no longer allowed to question practices of conglomerate companies these days??? Whether his questions are easy to answer or not, at least he questions things.. Good on you xx

"What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say, people have and are dieing through this, very bad taste."

Its dying unless you mean ebola makes people's hair colour change lpl

sunderland

"What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say, people have and are dieing through this, very bad taste.

Its dying unless you mean ebola makes people's hair colour change lpl"

seen as you want to be clever over hitting the wrong predictive text button, its actually dyeing something a colour, to be absolutely correct, and its someones dying, and finally dieing means to cut, form or shape something, but then all I did was hit the wrong button.

sunderland

"I hardly think it's in bad taste, is someone no longer allowed to question practices of conglomerate companies these days??? Whether his questions are easy to answer or not, at least he questions things.. Good on you xx"

so it isnt bad taste to suggest that companys already had the means to stop people dying but decided to let people die anyway.

"What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say, people have and are dieing through this, very bad taste.

Its dying unless you mean ebola makes people's hair colour change lpl"

. Or putting threads on bolts!.

Either way, it's not a conspiracy is just business, there's not much money to be made in vaccines or antibiotics (one shot cure alls cost mega wonga) but are not repeat business, so the pharmaceutical companies tend to concentrate on repeat medicine like statins, blood pressure etc etc.

The current vaccine is being rushed through (it's usually about ten years) and will likely have later problems associated with it like the swine flu vaccine had (it's ten years normally for good reasons)

"

so it isnt bad taste to suggest that companys already had the means to stop people dying but decided to let people die anyway."

No its definitely not bad taste, is a person not free to question the practices of the world he lives in, or should he just nod and agree like a good little servant, he didn't say that he believes it, he questioned it but apparently that's not cool, I bet you also believe all donated money for the ebola appeal, band aid etc go purely to research haha!! Nod ya head, agree with mee, , good little dog

"

so it isnt bad taste to suggest that companys already had the means to stop people dying but decided to let people die anyway.

No its definitely not bad taste, is a person not free to question the practices of the world he lives in, or should he just nod and agree like a good little servant, he didn't say that he believes it, he questioned it but apparently that's not cool, I bet you also believe all donated money for the ebola appeal, band aid etc go purely to research haha!! Nod ya head, agree with mee, , good little dog"

Also in first world countries such as America people are dying unnecessarily purely because they don't have adequate insurance, it's a big world out there, people are allowed to question things

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Is it just me or does anyone else think that pharmaceutical companies came up with an ebola vaccine rather quick, I normally balk at conspiracy theories, however, it does make me wonder if the pharmaceutical company has been sitting on this vaccine for some time, and If this is the case, would it be beyond reason for the ebola outbreak to be manufactured to sell these vaccines

I don't think the situation is something to jest about or make up silly conspiracy theories. People are dying. "

its a free country so think the guy is entitled to his thoughts and comments just as you are entitled to have yours

"Is it just me or does anyone else think that pharmaceutical companies came up with an ebola vaccine rather quick, I normally balk at conspiracy theories, however, it does make me wonder if the pharmaceutical company has been sitting on this vaccine for some time, and If this is the case, would it be beyond reason for the ebola outbreak to be manufactured to sell these vaccines

I don't think the situation is something to jest about or make up silly conspiracy theories. People are dying.

its a free country so think the guy is entitled to his thoughts and comments just as you are oentitled to have yours"

Well said!!

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

Don't forget there was a 'big' ebola scare over 20 years ago.

I remember reading in the sun (ha) something along the lines of it was the new Aids, and would make you bleed out of your eyeballs and liquefy your insides.

So of course labs will have been working on things way before this outbreak.

"Don't forget there was a 'big' ebola scare over 20 years ago.

I remember reading in the sun (ha) something along the lines of it was the new Aids, and would make you bleed out of your eyeballs and liquefy your insides.

So of course labs will have been working on things way before this outbreak."

You'd think so wouldn't yer but there s bit busy trying to push loadsa drugs on rich westerners to bother with poor Africans.

sunderland

"

No its definitely not bad taste, is a person not free to question the practices of the world he lives in, or should he just nod and agree like a good little servant, he didn't say that he believes it, he questioned it but apparently that's not cool, I bet you also believe all donated money for the ebola appeal, band aid etc go purely to research haha!! Nod ya head, agree with mee, , good little dog"

Why would you get that I would believe that from what ive said, totally invalid and unnecessary comment to make, a bit of a personal attack really, and secondly the op started his post with "is it just me" then went onto say "makes me wonder" now everyone is free to question the world they live in, of course they are, but this isnt a question, this, the way the op has worded it, is what he believes, if it isnt then he could have worded it a bit better, but the way it is just quite simply and clearly looks like he is trying to start a conspiracy theory about something that people have died and are still dying from, which is very poor taste, and im sorry if you see need to cause an argument out of that, it wasnt my intentions to do that.

"

No its definitely not bad taste, is a person not free to question the practices of the world he lives in, or should he just nod and agree like a good little servant, he didn't say that he believes it, he questioned it but apparently that's not cool, I bet you also believe all donated money for the ebola appeal, band aid etc go purely to research haha!! Nod ya head, agree with mee, , good little dog

Why would you get that I would believe that from what ive said, totally invalid and unnecessary comment to make, a bit of a personal attack really, and secondly the op started his post with "is it just me" then went onto say "makes me wonder" now everyone is free to question the world they live in, of course they are, but this isnt a question, this, the way the op has worded it, is what he believes, if it isnt then he could have worded it a bit better, but the way it is just quite simply and clearly looks like he is trying to start a conspiracy theory about something that people have died and are still dying from, which is very poor taste, and im sorry if you see need to cause an argument out of that, it wasnt my intentions to do that."

Here's a conspiracy for you.

Big rich monopolies of pharmaceutical companies have no desire to save poor old Africans (or any other race) because there poor, they can't afford there expensive medicine and vaccines.

The vaccine there producing will be ineffective and full of side affects if any of the other hastily rushed through vaccines are anything to go by.

If you want to help against the Ebola virus education on eating the stuff (bats and alike) which cause it would be money better spent short term.

And then really we need to look at a un funded dedicated vaccine research centre that produces vaccines and antibiotics at cost to the world, because for profit pharmaceutical companies will never do it.

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

A vaccine had already been in the works as far as I know.

They don't just develop overnight, it takes years of research and the trials of the current vaccine have been sped up as a priority because of this outbreak.

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

"

And then really we need to look at a un funded dedicated vaccine research centre that produces vaccines and antibiotics at cost to the world, because for profit pharmaceutical companies will never do it."

I don't know why antibiotic resistance isn't being made more of a priority. It's frightening.

"A vaccine had already been in the works as far as I know.

They don't just develop overnight, it takes years of research and the trials of the current vaccine have been sped up as a priority because of this outbreak. "

.It's a rabies vaccine which their modifying for Ebola.

"

And then really we need to look at a un funded dedicated vaccine research centre that produces vaccines and antibiotics at cost to the world, because for profit pharmaceutical companies will never do it.

I don't know why antibiotic resistance isn't being made more of a priority. It's frightening. "

.Money!.

It costs about 800 million for new antibiotics and they don't recoup the money fast, so they don't even try.

The US govt has patented different versions of the Ebola virus. Now why would they do this for a virus their country is not affected by normally?

Well if they use one of the said viruses to create a treatment then every time that is used anywhere in the world they get a small amount of money from it. It's in their financial interests for this virus to go mad and infect lots of people so they can administer the cure and generate income.

You mean like the sat-nav satellites .

I'm no conspiracist but every time I see an advert for lemsip... There's a cold epidemic 2 weeks later

"Is it just me or does anyone else think that pharmaceutical companies came up with an ebola vaccine rather quick, I normally balk at conspiracy theories, however, it does make me wonder if the pharmaceutical company has been sitting on this vaccine for some time, and If this is the case, would it be beyond reason for the ebola outbreak to be manufactured to sell these vaccines"

Ebola isn't a new disease and the vaccine isn't made out of scratch usually it can years. Like 10 years to get it to market if there is no real prompt to do so. However this time they pushed it though work already started hence much quicker

» Add a new message to this topic