FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Justice for the Little Man

Justice for the Little Man

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

or woman in my case.

Last week I received a letter from the council advising me that they had overpaid me £1,350 in housing benefit. I had a meeting with them today and got them to admit within 5 mins that it was their error as they have calculated my childcare costs incorrectly even though I have always provided them with full and correct information/invoices. I've now lodged an appeal to have it written off or at least 50% of it.

I have always fulfilled my obligations/responsibilities to them and never falsified any information.

Its scary to think how many other mistakes they have made with others benefits/tax payers money.

I work by the way before anyone jumps on me for being in receipt of benefits.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Problem is that generally the mistake is made by someone who just doesn't give a sh*t, and then takes an age to get sorted. Unfortunately for some people a job is just that, and as a result don't consider the consequences for others if they make a mistake.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I would never jump on anybody for receiving benefits whether they work or not.

You only need to look at the tax credit system and the families who were overpaid and had to pay large amounts back despite having provided accurate and timely information to see how inefficient it all is

"or woman in my case.

Last week I received a letter from the council advising me that they had overpaid me £1,350 in housing benefit. I had a meeting with them today and got them to admit within 5 mins that it was their error as they have calculated my childcare costs incorrectly even though I have always provided them with full and correct information/invoices. I've now lodged an appeal to have it written off or at least 50% of it.

I have always fulfilled my obligations/responsibilities to them and never falsified any information.

Its scary to think how many other mistakes they have made with others benefits/tax payers money.

"

Their fault but to write it off is bizarre maybe £13.50 over 100 months would be fairer.

Oh mate that is horrible and of course it's not your fault. It's incredible how quickly they ask for the money back, isn't it? And how they don't care about their mistakes but go postal about yours.

Good luck with them and nice profile pic.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

So glad you were able to prove your case and hopefully they will write off the other 50% too.

I got one off hmc inland revenue for 6,500, overpayment ,

We thought this was wrong with it being ctc , and appealed with help of a local mp , to our surprise we received a letter from them stating it was a overpayment of 700,

Wounder if we paid the 6,500 would we of got the refund ??

They always uck up.

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

did you know they were overpaying you ?

"or woman in my case.

Their fault but to write it off is bizarre maybe £13.50 over 100 months would be fairer."

I disagree. If I had knowingly tried to con them, fair enough but why should I have to suffer financial hardship and be in debt due to someone else's mistake?

By *affy55Man  over a year ago

Abergele

I know where you are coming from, since I retired in 2010 after 38 years in the NHS

I started part time work in Feb 2011 (24 hrs a week)

and every year the tax office have sent me under paid tax bills for :

11/12 £580

12/13 £1,845

13/14 £385

14/15 £478

I have kept every tax coding letter & have begged them to take me to court as every appeal has been turned down.

They Suck & not for the right reasons

"did you know they were overpaying you ?"

No, of course I didnt

» Add a new message to this topic