FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Complaints about us not replying to messages

Complaints about us not replying to messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just a ickle bit of a rant here- MrsD typing . Why do some folks get indignant if they have sent you messages and you haven't replied? Sometimes our busy lives get in the way of us both reading messages & as we are a couple, we to tend to rather like discussing messages sent to to us . Some time can elapse between us receiving the messages & us both reading them & then deciding , if/ when/ how we'd like to reply . Some folks appear to get disgruntled with our lack of a swift reply & then mail us sarcastic messages ! Just wondered if any one else has experienced the same or similar ? MrsD

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *ittykate84Woman  over a year ago

CHESTER

All the bloody time or if I delete the message without replying then I can nasty abuse sent!

Unfortunately some people think just because they send one message you should reply!

Which is fine if you only got one or two messages a day but for couples and females thats never the case!

Some men cannot handle rejection even in the form of a non or late reply to the message!

"All the bloody time or if I delete the message without replying then I can nasty abuse sent!

Unfortunately some people think just because they send one message you should reply!

Which is fine if you only got one or two messages a day but for couples and females thats never the case!

Some men cannot handle rejection even in the form of a non or late reply to the message! "

Phew.... I / we am not alone !!! X

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just tell them good things come to them who wait but since they couldn't wait nothing good will be happening between you and them

"Just tell them good things come to them who wait but since they couldn't wait nothing good will be happening between you and them"

Great advice - alas , if only some would wait!!

Personally if u have time to read it u have time to reply.but that's jst my opinion. If someone goes out of there way to msg u you should atleast have the decancy to reply good or bad

OP i fabbed some pics two mins ago and I havent received a fab back, or msg, or an offer off a fuck!

quite frankly I'm disgusted on this time wasting behaviour.

"Personally if u have time to read it u have time to reply.but that's jst my opinion. If someone goes out of there way to msg u you should atleast have the decancy to reply good or bad"
Try re reading my original post !!

"OP i fabbed some pics two mins ago and I havent received a fab back, or msg, or an offer off a fuck!

quite frankly I'm disgusted on this time wasting behaviour. "

Checks to see if you have fabbed any of our pics ....

"OP i fabbed some pics two mins ago and I havent received a fab back, or msg, or an offer off a fuck!

Checks to see if you have fabbed any of our pics .... "

Damn you did lol !!

Damn you did lol !! "

There you go ' fabbed' lol

Damn you did lol !! "

of course I did, I'd have a wank at them but I have to get to bed

"Personally if u have time to read it u have time to reply.but that's jst my opinion. If someone goes out of there way to msg u you should atleast have the decancy to reply good or bad Try re reading my original post !!"

oh the irony, bless him!!

Damn you did lol !!

of course I did, I'd have a wank at them but I have to get to bed "

Best place to erm.... Night

By *ittykate84Woman  over a year ago

CHESTER

"Personally if u have time to read it u have time to reply.but that's jst my opinion. If someone goes out of there way to msg u you should atleast have the decancy to reply good or bad"

No-one is required to do anything on here nor are they beholden to reply to you in any way shape or form!

"Personally if u have time to read it u have time to reply.but that's jst my opinion. If someone goes out of there way to msg u you should atleast have the decancy to reply good or bad

No-one is required to do anything on here nor are they beholden to reply to you in any way shape or form! "

xx

Blimey ... what did l start?!

By *CoastFunMan  over a year ago

Southampron

Whatever you've started don't worry about it. Some just can't handle the fact they may not be of interest to whomever they're messaging or don't appreciate fab isn't the be all and end all of life for some.

Just add the dicks to your block list and forget about them and laugh when they post up in the forum crying about it etc

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

" Just a ickle bit of a rant here- MrsD typing . Why do some folks get indignant if they have sent you messages and you haven't replied? Sometimes our busy lives get in the way of us both reading messages & as we are a couple, we to tend to rather like discussing messages sent to to us . Some time can elapse between us receiving the messages & us both reading them & then deciding , if/ when/ how we'd like to reply . Some folks appear to get disgruntled with our lack of a swift reply & then mail us sarcastic messages ! Just wondered if any one else has experienced the same or similar ? MrsD

"

There is absolutely no requirement for you to answer anybodies messages unless you want to.

Some might argue that it's polite to, and if you only got 1 or 2 a month that might be valid but I'm guessing you don't.

To those who complain:- Yer, it can be off putting to send loads of messages out and not get many or any replies, just like sending CV's or job applications out can be, but that's life. If what you're doing isn't working than change it. You can't change anything else and slagging of the recipient or being abusive definitely isn't going to change for better for sure.

To the OP I'd say take even more time. It's going to give you a better idea of what the persons behind the message is really like. Those that get abusive or disrespectful before you get to reply can be filtered out more easily and better you found out now than before you invited them round to your house or what ever.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I don't tend to get those kind of messages but on the occasion that I have I simply read and delete without a second thought. I don't allow men to make demands and tell me what to do. And that is especially true of total strangers.

By *AURA6969TV/TS  over a year ago

RUGBY

" Just a ickle bit of a rant here- MrsD typing . Why do some folks get indignant if they have sent you messages and you haven't replied? Sometimes our busy lives get in the way of us both reading messages & as we are a couple, we to tend to rather like discussing messages sent to to us . Some time can elapse between us receiving the messages & us both reading them & then deciding , if/ when/ how we'd like to reply . Some folks appear to get disgruntled with our lack of a swift reply & then mail us sarcastic messages ! Just wondered if any one else has experienced the same or similar ? MrsD

"

I totally agree time can pass due to personal matters etc but also feel common decency says if someone takes the time to write i feel a reply is in order. If someone walked up to you and said hello you would normally answer them surely. Just my opinion

"Personally if u have time to read it u have time to reply.but that's jst my opinion. If someone goes out of there way to msg u you should atleast have the decancy to reply good or bad Try re reading my original post !!"

Typical single male, didn't read it, like most of them don't read profiles or ignore them

I find if I reply no thanks they often forget and send another message months later. Because I've replied the popup saying 'don't message again' doesn't come up.

Rubbish to say if you have time to read it you have time to reply. I went through 80 of my unread messages the other night, took me ages. To reply to all of those would've been even longer.

ignore them - we do - we dont meet up with people that are rude and impatient and that dont appreciate we have a life

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

"Personally if u have time to read it u have time to reply.but that's jst my opinion. If someone goes out of there way to msg u you should atleast have the decancy to reply good or bad Try re reading my original post !!

Typical single male, didn't read it, like most of them don't read profiles or ignore them"

*yawn* i don't think it's gender specific..

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"

. Lots of people seem to be lacking in basic common sense . It should be obvious that no reply means no interest . These people might be better concentrating their resources on having better profiles and only contacting members if they match all their selection criteria.

"Personally if u have time to read it u have time to reply.but that's jst my opinion. If someone goes out of there way to msg u you should atleast have the decancy to reply good or bad Try re reading my original post !!

Typical single male, didn't read it, like most of them don't read profiles or ignore them

*yawn* i don't think it's gender specific.."

Yes it is, all the one liners and messages from people who clearly hadn't read out profile would always be from single guys. It got to a point where we simply blocked them all

But you didn't read the op.. as a couple they like to both read it... There is a saying of patience is a virtue...... And that is something many should take note of.

To the op. Had it many times.... We sometimes wait till both has read a message or looked at a profile... Or sometimes just wont have to to reply there and then as I cant look at the profile... I cant always look at photos at certain times...

If someone sends a 2nd message while the first is unreplied to, then no matter what was thought...it will be a thanks but no thanks x

"Personally if u have time to read it u have time to reply.but that's jst my opinion. If someone goes out of there way to msg u you should atleast have the decancy to reply good or bad

No-one is required to do anything on here nor are they beholden to reply to you in any way shape or form! that's just ignorance tho. Which tbh lookin at the state of most women on here is expected. It takes time to reply and seems a bit pointless if the answer is no. Much simplier to assume that no reply means no interest and saves worrying about nor receiving replies ."

Bang on.. No means no so to spell it out

No reply = No play

Simple

Nobody is owed a reply. Read the FAQ no reply means no interest. If you can open messages you have time to reply. Really!! Try that with 100 messages. This is supposed to be fun not pandering to men with fragile egos who think 'hey' warrents a reply. That would require a full time secretary.

OP - use it as another filter. Would you really want to meet these people?

By *issyfaggotfayeTV/TS  over a year ago

Bolton

Well I've been on here a length of time and long enough to say, with confidence, that there's a good mix of those who have no manners, deluded, illusions of grand ure and those who think they're hot but not. Seriously cba with the rude ones, or the ignorant, or any of the above mentioned. People seem to think they have the right to complain, yet put out when someone of an individual mind comes along with an opinion that goes against the point being made. Loads jump on the bandwagon too, very click this place. Me? I just get on with it. Wouldn't even bother so far as to write a post whinging about blah blah whatever. Just move on and carry on regardless. There's a cart load of crap we can moan about, if we really wanted to jam up the forums about. Why bother? Someone will always moan about those who moan lol

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We don't often get this. Most people who message us are polite and friendly and if we reply after a week are fine about it.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Yes it is, all the one liners and messages from people who clearly hadn't read out profile would always be from single guys. It got to a point where we simply blocked them all"

Your comment says 'most of them' that's incorrect... it maybe the majority of the guys who've contacted you. That's not 'most of them' again if you read variots threads couples and single ladies don't read profiles as well like I said it's not gender specific.

By *leasures4Couple  over a year ago

East midlands

We get quite a few "I take it I'm not good enough" type of impatient messages and usually within a couple of hours of them sending the first message.

If we don't reply to messages its because we both like to read the messages/check out profiles and sometimes life gets in the way to be able to do that quickly.

Also if its clear they haven't read our profile we just won't answer.

Some days I have received over 500 messages. I try to read them all then decide who wish to reply to, as i am not replying to all. Very often I have put the one that appeal to me on my hotlist to reply to when I have completed reading all as the last thing I need is to get into conversation and receive more messages whilst trying to get through the ones I have. I then have to delete the read messages so I can see the ones that have dropped off the page. A lot of the time this results in abusive messages and guess what.... They are straight off the hotlist and onto the block list. Men don't do themselves any favours!!

"

I think it is disgusting how SOME men act on here, I got it all the time, hence the hidden profile. Somedays I have read a message really liked it then my boss appears and fab has to be turned off quickly (I know, I shouldnt be on in work lol) when I come back on to reply there's a nasty message waiting! There's no second chances on here, I block and move on.

I have a list of things which will immediately prevent me from replying to your message but a lot of people still ignore it and send me a cock pic or something.... I also receive a lot of messages and just don't have time to respond with a polite 'sorry but you're not my type' to each of them as it invariably results in a second message asking what my type is.

I don't see my deleting the message without a reply as any more ignorant than their messaging me after disregarding the information in my profile, so I won't lose any sleep over it.

OP I agree with the other posters in here, use it as a way of filtering out the insecure / impatient / nasty people (think one raised his head here!) and carry on doing whatever suits you

"I have a list of things which will immediately prevent me from replying to your message but a lot of people still ignore it and send me a cock pic or something.... I also receive a lot of messages and just don't have time to respond with a polite 'sorry but you're not my type' to each of them as it invariably results in a second message asking what my type is.

I don't see my deleting the message without a reply as any more ignorant than their messaging me after disregarding the information in my profile, so I won't lose any sleep over it.

OP I agree with the other posters in here, use it as a way of filtering out the insecure / impatient / nasty people (think one raised his head here!) and carry on doing whatever suits you "

This is a point I've made so many times in the past. Either they haven't read my profile or they have totally disregarded it, then have the audacity to accuse me of being rude!!

This is the height of rudeness, basically saying, I wanna shag you but can't be arsed spending 2 mins of my time to read your preferences or I ive read but don't give a shit what you say, I'm not listening!!

"I have a list of things which will immediately prevent me from replying to your message but a lot of people still ignore it and send me a cock pic or something.... I also receive a lot of messages and just don't have time to respond with a polite 'sorry but you're not my type' to each of them as it invariably results in a second message asking what my type is.

OP I agree with the other posters in here, use it as a way of filtering out the insecure / impatient / nasty people (think one raised his head here!) and carry on doing whatever suits you

This is a point I've made so many times in the past. Either they haven't read my profile or they have totally disregarded it, then have the audacity to accuse me of being rude!!

This is the height of rudeness, basically saying, I wanna shag you but can't be arsed spending 2 mins of my time to read your preferences or I ive read but don't give a shit what you say, I'm not listening!!"

Usually with a generic cock pic

That is fine if you are a single but it does not work like that for couples....And why should we reply to someone whose entire message consists of wanna fuck, love your pussy etc etc... We will reply to messages where it is obvious someone has made some sort of effort, even if it is to say no thanks....

The problem is so many guys CAN'T read. Hence why you get abuse for not answering promptly or for not answering at all....when you get so many messages you simply have not got the time.

I have a very good/close lady friend on here who gets the same. 50/60 messages every day (often from guys 200+miles away asking for instant meets etc. she tries to answer most sensible ones???even if just a polite no thanks (or sometimes yes lol!)

Either way still gets abusive replies from some. That's why there is a block option....she has used it lots!

Why is anyone bothering to justify why they reply or not. I don't have to reply and see no reason to explain myself.

It is ignorant to suggest that it's only single guys who don't read profiles. Very ignorant.

Some women and couples also send one line 'come fuck me' or 'come fuck my mrs now' type messages. Some even get put out if you delay reply or don't jump to their tune.

Those on this thread and on the wider forums who see these issues as being related only to single men are ignorant of the facts, one could argue they are sexist bigots!

"It is ignorant to suggest that it's only single guys who don't read profiles. Very ignorant.

Some women and couples also send one line 'come fuck me' or 'come fuck my mrs now' type messages. Some even get put out if you delay reply or don't jump to their tune.

Those on this thread and on the wider forums who see these issues as being related only to single men are ignorant of the facts, one could argue they are sexist bigots! "

Totally untrue, people are either drawing from their own experiences, they may never have had contact with women or couples so can't comment or some people use guys as a term for all people. When I had a couples profile we were always address as "hey guys".

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Why is anyone bothering to justify why they reply or not. I don't have to reply and see no reason to explain myself. "
I concur.

"It is ignorant to suggest that it's only single guys who don't read profiles. Very ignorant.

Those on this thread and on the wider forums who see these issues as being related only to single men are ignorant of the facts, one could argue they are sexist bigots!

Totally untrue, people are either drawing from their own experiences, they may never have had contact with women or couples so can't comment or some people use guys as a term for all people. When I had a couples profile we were always address as "hey guys"."

Simply quote one specific within my post that is 'totally untrue'.

Either that or have the decency to retract or even apologise.

Totally untrue, people are either drawing from their own experiences, they may never have had contact with women or couples so can't comment or some people use guys as a term for all people. When I had a couples profile we were always address as "hey guys".

Either that or have the decency to retract or even apologise. "

You have stated people on this thread or ignorant or sexist bigots, I think it should be you apologizing. I merely stated the reasons why people may refer to certain group and was in no way derogatory to you or anybody on this thread.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd not stand for any outburst of demands from others upon how I live my life. I have my priorities, constraints and demands and they will differs from those that others have.

No reply means no interest at the present time, so recipients should not be hassled or cajoled into bending to the demands of others.

I am service minded in my response to others sexual needs, though not message correspondence needs, and that is all that should matter.

Yes it is, all the one liners and messages from people who clearly hadn't read out profile would always be from single guys. It got to a point where we simply blocked them all

Your comment says 'most of them' that's incorrect... it maybe the majority of the guys who've contacted you. That's not 'most of them' again if you read variots threads couples and single ladies don't read profiles as well like I said it's not gender specific."

. YAWN... ok re phrase it, most of the single guys who have contacted us!!!

You have stated people on this thread or ignorant or sexist bigots, I think it should be you apologizing. I merely stated the reasons why people may refer to certain group and was in no way derogatory to you or anybody on this thread."

My experiences with this site is that it is the majority of single blokes don't read my profile before they message. Some do. The majority of couples/singles fems do read my profile before messaging, some don't. Hate to disappoint you but this is based on my experience from the messages I have received. Not being sexist just how it is.

Your comment says 'most of them' that's incorrect... it maybe the majority of the guys who've contacted you. That's not 'most of them' again if you read variots threads couples and single ladies don't read profiles as well like I said it's not gender specific.. YAWN... ok re phrase it, most of the single guys who have contacted us!!! "

Doesn't majority mean most of them?

"We get quite a few "I take it I'm not good enough" type of impatient messages and usually within a couple of hours of them sending the first message.

If we don't reply to messages its because we both like to read the messages/check out profiles and sometimes life gets in the way to be able to do that quickly.

Also if its clear they haven't read our profile we just won't answer. "

Couple of hours? The guys must be patient in your area I usually get it in a couple of minutes lol

There is absolutely no requirement for you to answer anybodies messages unless you want to.

Some might argue that it's polite to, and if you only got 1 or 2 a month that might be valid but I'm guessing you don't.

To those who complain:- Yer, it can be off putting to send loads of messages out and not get many or any replies, just like sending CV's or job applications out can be, but that's life. If what you're doing isn't working than change it. You can't change anything else and slagging of the recipient or being abusive definitely isn't going to change for better for sure.

To the OP I'd say take even more time. It's going to give you a better idea of what the persons behind the message is really like. Those that get abusive or disrespectful before you get to reply can be filtered out more easily and better you found out now than before you invited them round to your house or what ever."

What a great idea. Take a day or two to reply if they turn nasty in that time...avoid. If however they leave alone or send a polite, just in case my message got lost, message then open conversation. I love it

You have stated people on this thread or ignorant or sexist bigots, I think it should be you apologizing. I merely stated the reasons why people may refer to certain group and was in no way derogatory to you or anybody on this thread."

I have stated that some on this thread are ignorant.

To be clear I stated 'one could argue they are sexist bigots'.

Some have suggested or stated that this behaviour is gender specific.

Is that sexist?

It is factually incorrect, so is that ignorant?

Too many people seem to expect others to just accept that their limited experience of single men is enough to determine that all single men behave in the same way.

What do you call that?

I totally agree time can pass due to personal matters etc but also feel common decency says if someone takes the time to write i feel a reply is in order. If someone walked up to you and said hello you would normally answer them surely. Just my opinion "

If somebody walked up to me in the street and said "wanna fuck now" or any other of the myriad of messages I get, I certainly wouldn't reply and if they had their cock on show Id definitely ignore and go straight to the police!

By *omewhat_kinkyCouple  over a year ago

reigate

understand the plight of the OP. we were subjected to the 'why didn't you reply to my message sent 3 minutes ago' more than a few times when we started using this site. Think we have become hardened now

When we were seeking single males the sheer volume of dross that hit or inbox was staggering. in the end we had a 'no thank you good luck with your search' pro forma reply on a notepad that just required ctrl V to apply. those who didn't read the no text speak, or were rude went straight to the block list.

Thankfully we met a couple of very decent guys. since then we have blocked single guys from contacting us, and are concentrating on single females and couples. so the volume has decreased to allow individual personalized replies.

You have stated people on this thread or ignorant or sexist bigots, I think it should be you apologizing. I merely stated the reasons why people may refer to certain group and was in no way derogatory to you or anybody on this thread.

My experiences with this site is that it is the majority of single blokes don't read my profile before they message. Some do. The majority of couples/singles fems do read my profile before messaging, some don't. Hate to disappoint you but this is based on my experience from the messages I have received. Not being sexist just how it is."

Same for us

I have stated that some on this thread are ignorant.

To be clear I stated 'one could argue they are sexist bigots'.

Some have suggested or stated that this behaviour is gender specific.

Is that sexist?

It is factually incorrect, so is that ignorant?

Too many people seem to expect others to just accept that their limited experience of single men is enough to determine that all single men behave in the same way.

What do you call that?

"

" it is factually incorrect" how would you know this unless you read their message. Some people may have filters so only men can contact them, therefore this group of individuals is all the can comment on, anything else would just be conjecture. I have read this whole thread and nobody has stated ALL men that contact them have the same behavior, as you stated. People have used terms like some, most, majority etc... Thus meaning that the rest do not behave in the same way.

As a reader of profiles I have yet to see the following:

"Just message me, don't read any further.

Oh well done, you made it to line 2. I am unemployed and live on fab, so I can reply to your messages immediately. I can meet right now. Yes right now!

I can accommodate or travel. So send me a message and I will drop everything. I live on Lizard Point, but yes I will pay my own way to John O'Groats.

I have absolutely no requirements, so as long as you want a hole to poke, I'm your woman.

I love cock pics from slightly different angles, and I couldn't care less about a face pic. No need to shower, I'm here for your convenience.

Just cum then kick me out. I have no needs. Please be pushy. Nothing gets me hotter than being asked 17 times to meet right now in 30 seconds.

Anyone who gets jealous if I am verified by someone else goes to the top of the list.

Easier to just friend request me, that will guarantee a meet.

Stalkers welcome. Make sure you shout I saw you on fab whenever you see me out with my family or at work."

"

Yes it is, all the one liners and messages from people who clearly hadn't read out profile would always be from single guys. It got to a point where we simply blocked them all"

Short Curvy Blonde - did you see this exchange.

Their limited experience of single men has led to them stating that this type of behaviour is gender specific.

This is not true and I can state this as fact because I have experienced that type of behaviour from couples and single women.

If you make sweeping statements generalising a group that are factually incorrect, then you are ignorant of the facts.

That is ignorance.

I admire your desire to argue the point, but I would simply refer you to one of your own earlier posts on this thread. You chose to use the word 'some' and highlighted the word by putting it in capitals.

Why?

"As a reader of profiles I have yet to see the following:

Oh well done, you made it to line 2. I am unemployed and live on fab, so I can reply to your messages immediately. I can meet right now. Yes right now!

I can accommodate or travel. So send me a message and I will drop everything. I live on Lizard Point, but yes I will pay my own way to John O'Groats.

I have absolutely no requirements, so as long as you want a hole to poke, I'm your woman.

I love cock pics from slightly different angles, and I couldn't care less about a face pic. No need to shower, I'm here for your convenience.

Just cum then kick me out. I have no needs. Please be pushy. Nothing gets me hotter than being asked 17 times to meet right now in 30 seconds.

Anyone who gets jealous if I am verified by someone else goes to the top of the list.

Stalkers welcome. Make sure you shout I saw you on fab whenever you see me out with my family or at work.""

Pmsl best post all week. Please can I copy and paste it as my profile?? I could conduct an experiment

"

Pmsl best post all week. Please can I copy and paste it as my profile?? I could conduct an experiment "

Help yourself! Let me know how you get on

By *omewhat_kinkyCouple  over a year ago

reigate

"As a reader of profiles I have yet to see the following:

Stalkers welcome. Make sure you shout I saw you on fab whenever you see me out with my family or at work."

Pmsl best post all week. Please can I copy and paste it as my profile?? I could conduct an experiment "

you really want to break the servers?

"

Their limited experience of single men has led to them stating that this type of behaviour is gender specific.

This is not true and I can state this as fact because I have experienced that type of behaviour from couples and single women.

If you make sweeping statements generalising a group that are factually incorrect, then you are ignorant of the facts.

That is ignorance.

I admire your desire to argue the point, but I would simply refer you to one of your own earlier posts on this thread. You chose to use the word 'some' and highlighted the word by putting it in capitals.

Why?"

I put it in capitals to highlight it is only some and not all men that behave this way. Thank you for validating my point people are not tarring all men with the same brush. And the post to which you refer states "most" again not saying all. I am not here to put words in their mouth if they would like to correct me and say they were meaning every single man they have spoken to and that they are indeed ignorant and potentially sexist bigots, then they may do so. However, as an outsider reading their post, along with everyone elses, I feel that nobody is bashing all single men but merely commenting on the messages they have received of which some, in some cases most, are unfavorable.

"

That is ignorance.

Why?"

We stated that ALL the one liners we received were from single guys. The reason we stated this is because it was true! We haven't had any one liners from couples or women.

Are you saying we are liars??

How do you know what our experience of single guys sending us messages is?

"

That is ignorance.

Why?

I put it in capitals to highlight it is only some and not all men that behave this way. Thank you for validating my point people are not tarring all men with the same brush. And the post to which you refer states "most" again not saying all. I am not here to put words in their mouth if they would like to correct me and say they were meaning every single man they have spoken to and that they are indeed ignorant and potentially sexist bigots, then they may do so. However, as an outsider reading their post, along with everyone elses, I feel that nobody is bashing all single men but merely commenting on the messages they have received of which some, in some cases most, are unfavorable."

To clarify

All the one liners we got before we blocked men were always from single guys. We didn't say that every single guy that messaged sent one liners, just that every one liner was from a single male

"

That is ignorance.

Why?

I put it in capitals to highlight it is only some and not all men that behave this way. Thank you for validating my point people are not tarring all men with the same brush. And the post to which you refer states "most" again not saying all. I am not here to put words in their mouth if they would like to correct me and say they were meaning every single man they have spoken to and that they are indeed ignorant and potentially sexist bigots, then they may do so. However, as an outsider reading their post, along with everyone elses, I feel that nobody is bashing all single men but merely commenting on the messages they have received of which some, in some cases most, are unfavorable.

To clarify

All the one liners we got before we blocked men were always from single guys. We didn't say that every single guy that messaged sent one liners, just that every one liner was from a single male "

"

That is ignorance.

Why?

We stated that ALL the one liners we received were from single guys. The reason we stated this is because it was true! We haven't had any one liners from couples or women.

"

No I'm not saying you are a liar, but I am saying that your claim this type of behaviour is gender specific is ignorant.

Your experience is likely to be from a small pool. To then turn that into a sweeping generalisation of most single men or state that it is gender specific cannot really be described as anything else.

If I stated that most Jamaicans are high on drugs because the few I'd met all smoked ganja. Then it was pointed out to me that this was not necessarily specific to just Jamaicans, and I went on to say 'yes it is'.

I'd expect somebody to point out to me the ignorance in my argument.

"

Why?

I put it in capitals to highlight it is only some and not all men that behave this way. Thank you for validating my point people are not tarring all men with the same brush. And the post to which you refer states "most" again not saying all. I am not here to put words in their mouth if they would like to correct me and say they were meaning every single man they have spoken to and that they are indeed ignorant and potentially sexist bigots, then they may do so. However, as an outsider reading their post, along with everyone elses, I feel that nobody is bashing all single men but merely commenting on the messages they have received of which some, in some cases most, are unfavorable."

The fact that you chose to use the word 'some' validates my argument. It is completely valid for you to say'some' because that is factual as you are basing that on your personal experience. You could even say 'most' of the men who have specifically messaged you.

It would however not be accurate for you to say most men, as a sweeping generalisation of the site, unless all of the men on Fab have messaged you.

You definitely cannot state it's 'gender specific' to single men if another site user is stating that women and couples have behaved in a similar way.

You stated my original post on this thread is untrue.

Do you still believe that?

"

That is ignorance.

Why?

No I'm not saying you are a liar, but I am saying that your claim this type of behaviour is gender specific is ignorant.

Your experience is likely to be from a small pool. To then turn that into a sweeping generalisation of most single men or state that it is gender specific cannot really be described as anything else.

If I stated that most Jamaicans are high on drugs because the few I'd met all smoked ganja. Then it was pointed out to me that this was not necessarily specific to just Jamaicans, and I went on to say 'yes it is'.

I'd expect somebody to point out to me the ignorance in my argument. "

So because we stated a true fact that all the one liners we got were from single males it now seems we are ignorant, is that what you are saying?

Small pool..... How many messages do you think couples get on average per week on here??

The fact that we stated ALL the one liners we got were always from single guys doesn't make us ignorant, bigoted or anything else, it was factual from our experience until we blocked them after a couple of months when we simply got tired of receiving messages that were from people who couldn't be arsed to read our profile.

"

That is ignorance.

Why?

To clarify

All the one liners we got before we blocked men were always from single guys. We didn't say that every single guy that messaged sent one liners, just that every one liner was from a single male "

"

Yes it is,

I cannot see how your clarification responds to these statements that you made.

You have said that most single males don't read profiles or ignore them and that this behaviour is specific to just them.

Why have you chosen not to clarify these claims?

"

That is ignorance.

Why?

To clarify

All the one liners we got before we blocked men were always from single guys. We didn't say that every single guy that messaged sent one liners, just that every one liner was from a single male

"

Yes it is,

You have said that most single males don't read profiles or ignore them and that this behaviour is specific to just them.

Why have you chosen not to clarify these claims?"

For gods sake they have....they said all the message that were one liners were from men not cpls or women, even went on to say that not all men sent one liners. Plus the "yawn" comment was from somebody agreeing with you with you have taken out of context and now you are agreeing meaning that you are saying it is all men lol. Just let it drop!!!

"

That is ignorance.

Why?

To clarify

"

Yes it is,

Why have you chosen not to clarify these claims?

For gods sake they have....they said all the message that were one liners were from men not cpls or women, even went on to say that not all men sent one liners. Plus the "yawn" comment was from somebody agreeing with you with you have taken out of context and now you are agreeing meaning that you are saying it is all men lol. Just let it drop!!!"

He needs to get a hobby, ever tried swinging??

Anyway....

"Anyway...."

"

That is ignorance.

Why?

I'd expect somebody to point out to me the ignorance in my argument.

So because we stated a true fact that all the one liners we got were from single males it now seems we are ignorant, is that what you are saying?

Small pool..... How many messages do you think couples get on average per week on here??

The fact that we stated ALL the one liners we got were always from single guys doesn't make us ignorant, bigoted or anything else, it was factual from our experience until we blocked them after a couple of months when we simply got tired of receiving messages that were from people who couldn't be arsed to read our profile. "

That is correct, but I'm not talking about your personal experience of one line messages. I refer you again to 'like most of them don't read profiles or ignore them' and your claim that it's gender specific, are ignorant sweeping generalistions.

I know how many messages an average bi fem gets because I know a few. Non of them have been messaged by every man on the site.

I don't know how long you've been on Fab or how long ago you blocked single guys, but I'd be surprised if you've had more than a few hundred messages in the couple months you indicate. That's a small pool.

Look, we don't have to agree about this. The reason I have decided to debate you on this is simply to highlight that people choose to accept that some can make these sweeping generalisations about single guys without challenge.

You have left yourself open to an allegation of ignorance. I'll leave it to others to decide whether or not that's fair.

I just move on to the next profile if they don't reply, easy lol

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I just move on to the next profile if they don't reply, easy lol "

Fancy a shag?

Anyway ...

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Anyway ..."

Yep, think we can leave it there