FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Two year old shoots woman in Idaho Walmart

Two year old shoots woman in Idaho Walmart

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Just popped up on the Guardian website. Apparently the gun was in her bag and the child put his hand in accidentally letting the gun off. She was legally carrying the gun as she had a valid concealed weapon licence.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is she dead? Her kid?

"Is she dead? Her kid?"

It was a two year old boy. The woman was reported as dead. I don't know if she was his mother.

tragic accident.

"Is she dead? Her kid?

It was a two year old boy. The woman was reported as dead. I don't know if she was his mother. "

Oh how tragic and very sad

"Is she dead? Her kid?

It was a two year old boy. The woman was reported as dead. I don't know if she was his mother. "

Utter madness.

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

"Is she dead? Her kid?

she was

A loaded gun that a 2 year old can set off is not an accident.

"Is she dead? Her kid?

It was a two year old boy. The woman was reported as dead. I don't know if she was his mother.

Utter madness."

I agree. A bizarre but very sad situation.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Why was it cocked and ready to go off? In a handbag? With a child around allowed to go into said bag?

How awful.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"A loaded gun that a 2 year old can set off is not an accident. "

this..

"tragic accident."
.Yes but probably avoidable if you don't carry a loaded, cocked, pistol without the safety on in your handbag while out shopping.... Unless she was out on those mad sales bargain shopping trips in which case she needed it to fend off the over eager cheap tv crew... That's cheap televisions not cheap..

"A loaded gun that a 2 year old can set off is not an accident. "

Seems like recklessness certainly. Guns do have safety catches. Did she not check when she put it in her bag?

Also the gun lobby always justify their stance with; "guns don't kill people. People kill people". The logic being that it is people with malice who cause all the deaths. Obviously not the case here.

Not all guns have a safety catch. Nonetheless not watching the bag with a gun in is careless. ...but more important. ..how sad.

"Not all guns have a safety catch. Nonetheless not watching the bag with a gun in is careless. ...but more important. ..how sad."

Having never handled a gun I was not aware of that. Interesting.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

So so sad.

"Not all guns have a safety catch. Nonetheless not watching the bag with a gun in is careless. ...but more important. ..how sad.

Having never handled a gun I was not aware of that. Interesting. "

This is the main part of the story so far....

A two-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed a woman after he reached into her purse at a northern Idaho Walmart and her concealed gun fired, authorities said Tuesday.

The woman was shopping with several children, and it is unclear how they are related, Kootenai County sheriff’s spokesman Stu Miller said. Authorities originally said the boy was the woman’s son.

The woman, whose identity was not released, had a concealed weapons permit.

Miller said the shooting was accidental and occurred in the Walmart in Hayden, Idaho, a town about 40 miles northeast of Spokane, Washington.

The woman and the children were in the back of the store near the electronics area when the shooting occurred, authorities said.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

I have first hand experience of accidental shooting. Never ever point a gun at anyone loaded or not, unless you want to kill them.

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

This is a darwin award right here. Whilst any loss of life is a sad loss, who the hell takes a loaded gun shopping with them?

"I have first hand experience of accidental shooting. Never ever point a gun at anyone loaded or not, unless you want to kill them. "

It was a two year old boy. He wasn't pointing the gun. Read the partial report I copied on here from the Guardian.

"This is a darwin award right here. Whilst any loss of life is a sad loss, who the hell takes a loaded gun shopping with them?

"

A woman made so fearful of her safety and that of her family she felt it necessary?

Hardly a consolation but could so easily have been the child. What a thing to grow up with and realise.

"This is a darwin award right here. Whilst any loss of life is a sad loss, who the hell takes a loaded gun shopping with them?

A woman made so fearful of her safety and that of her family she felt it necessary? "

Good point.

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"

A woman made so fearful of her safety and that of her family she felt it necessary? "

yeah, fair point. I'll hold back till we get all the facts

You pays your money and you takes your chances.

Your either going to save yourself or get killed, she lucked out

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

oh you would be surprised in america how many states allow this..... probably more states do than don't! concealed weapons to be taken out in public.....

America need their guns!!

no matter what happens I think they will always feel that!!

By *airy_HettyWoman  over a year ago

Greater London

The facts are she had a loaded ready to go gun in her bag and she is now dead, tragic as it is.

Still not going to change their outlook on guns is it?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

Tragic yes, but also avoidable. Clearly she wasn't competent to be in possession of a firearm. Whatever her motives for feeling she had to carry a loaded gun whilst shopping with a bunch of kids, she clearly did not have the judgement, nor common sense to follow safety guidelines.

Personally, I think it's her own fault she got shot, but the bigger concern is that some other innocent person could have been killed.

"Tragic yes, but also avoidable. Clearly she wasn't competent to be in possession of a firearm. Whatever her motives for feeling she had to carry a loaded gun whilst shopping with a bunch of kids, she clearly did not have the judgement, nor common sense to follow safety guidelines.

Personally, I think it's her own fault she got shot, but the bigger concern is that some other innocent person could have been killed."

And a two year old is left potentially traumatised.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

How very sad

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Horrible for all concerned.

No matter how careless or reckless or stupid or whatever she may have been, she didn't deserve to die.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"No matter how careless or reckless or stupid or whatever she may have been, she didn't deserve to die. "

No she didn't and the people who witnessed it didn't deserve to see it.

"No matter how careless or reckless or stupid or whatever she may have been, she didn't deserve to die. "

Who does deserve to die? We're all going to die at some point. The manner and timing of our death is all that is in question.

Newcastle and Gateshead

oh you would be surprised in america how many states allow this..... probably more states do than don't! concealed weapons to be taken out in public.....

"

just a follow up on my answer here... had a look into in.. and the only states that don't allow concealed weapons to be taken out in public are: Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island.....

5 out of 50......

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"No matter how careless or reckless or stupid or whatever she may have been, she didn't deserve to die.

Who does deserve to die? We're all going to die at some point. The manner and timing of our death is all that is in question.

"

I think the inference is that she didn't deserve to die in this manner.

"Tragic yes, but also avoidable. Clearly she wasn't competent to be in possession of a firearm. Whatever her motives for feeling she had to carry a loaded gun whilst shopping with a bunch of kids, she clearly did not have the judgement, nor common sense to follow safety guidelines.

Personally, I think it's her own fault she got shot, but the bigger concern is that some other innocent person could have been killed.

And a two year old is left potentially traumatised.

"

And her other kids with her. And the other people in the shop.

"No matter how careless or reckless or stupid or whatever she may have been, she didn't deserve to die.

I think the inference is that she didn't deserve to die in this manner."

There seems to be from what I've read.

Personally, we can blame individuals as they often do in the US. But ignore the gun culture which, I believe, costs so many lives. It's that old gun lobby refrain which I quoted earlier.

I wonder why Canada is so different. They also have guns. Yet don't appear to have the same gun culture. And they have fewer deaths in comparison.

Switzerland also have guns. The population there are expected to be armed yet few deaths from shooting.

Why is it so different in the US?

Newcastle and Gateshead

Personally, we can blame individuals as they often do in the US. But ignore the gun culture which, I believe, costs so many lives. It's that old gun lobby refrain which I quoted earlier.

I wonder why Canada is so different. They also have guns. Yet don't appear to have the same gun culture. And they have fewer deaths in comparison.

Switzerland also have guns. The population there are expected to be armed yet few deaths from shooting.

Why is it so different in the US? "

and as you write this a person has gone on a shooting rampage in Edmonton, Alberta killing 8 people....

canadian gun laws are still a lot stricter than there are in the US

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

I blame Team America - total bunch of puppets

Just had a look at some stats which I found interesting.

Firearms related deaths per 100,000 per year ...

Canada 2.22

Switzerland (which has one of the highest gun ownerships per capita in the world) 3.84

UK 0.25

US 10.30

Why is it so different in the US?

and as you write this a person has gone on a shooting rampage in Edmonton, Alberta killing 8 people....

canadian gun laws are still a lot stricter than there are in the US"

That's very sad. But look at the statistics I just quoted.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Is it fact that this is the reason she took the gun out with her or just a guess?

A woman made so fearful of her safety and that of her family she felt it necessary?

Is it fact that this is the reason she took the gun out with her or just a guess?"

It was a question. As she is dead we may never know.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Is it fact that this is the reason she took the gun out with her or just a guess?"

Seems a bit obvious that someone would only carry a gun for safety. It would lead to the idea too that; if you need a weapon, you are in fear of something happening..

Is it fact that this is the reason she took the gun out with her or just a guess?

Seems a bit obvious that someone would only carry a gun for safety. It would lead to the idea too that; if you need a weapon, you are in fear of something happening.. "

That's a valid argument.

By *oveSlutForUseCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

In the news: a gun death in the US.

Really? Does anyone care at all, anymore? it's so common, and they don't care enough to do anything, it's hard to give a toss really.

The gun culture is crazy, such a defence of the right to have access to guns over there.

If it's so common, which it is apparently, that a lady going shopping and being casual enough for it to be near her child and out of her own sight, it is beyond my comprehension.

I don't know what the answer is, it's a national and cultural thing it seems - other countries have access to guns, but their crime rate is much less, on face value at least.

Get rich or die trying... America is a country imploding in on its once great self.

The worrying thing is were just 25 years behind them!

Although people keep guns at home in Switzerland for military purposes the bullets are kept centrally and not by the individuals. There was a marked reduction in gun deaths after this separation of guns and ammunition was introduced.

I was hoping it would just go to 201 but you might be onto something with admin. ... If only I could find my gun I mean my handbag oh no I mean my manbag

Cobblers never work your internet settings while drinking wine... A Curse on you you fat fingered fudger

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

"I was hoping it would just go to 201 but you might be onto something with admin. ... If only I could find my gun I mean my handbag oh no I mean my manbag "

pmsl .... wrong thread dude

By *lligator3Man  over a year ago

scotland

"Just popped up on the Guardian website. Apparently the gun was in her bag and the child put his hand in accidentally letting the gun off. She was legally carrying the gun as she had a valid concealed weapon licence. "

Are these forums also used for people too lazy to read news?

Next in - pardew considers the Eagles.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"

If it's her son that shot her, she isn't eligible for a Darwin Award.

Darwin Awards are for (stupid) people removing themselves from the gene pool. They have to have no kids and render themselves incapable of producing kids in order to be eligible.

"I was hoping it would just go to 201 but you might be onto something with admin. ... If only I could find my gun I mean my handbag oh no I mean my manbag

pmsl .... wrong thread dude "

lol to be fair I was being distracted by top gun which while watching for the first time since my youth.

I never realised the homosexual overtones.. Goose gets goosed

Such a tragic thing to happen.

But I really can't take this seriously. I'm reading the posts and my eyes are perving at peoples Avatars!

Damn it!

By *its_n_piecesCouple  over a year ago

If it's her son that shot her, she isn't eligible for a Darwin Award.

Darwin Awards are for (stupid) people removing themselves from the gene pool. They have to have no kids and render themselves incapable of producing kids in order to be eligible."

it's a grey area ... quote "The existence of offspring, though potentially deleterious to the gene pool, does not disqualify a nominee."

but under the same set of rules in the reproduction section she would definately qualify to earn an "honourable Mention"

I'd you Carry a loaded weapon at the ready with safety off you're planning to shoot someone....when you're planning to shoot someone you should also plan to get shot

"A loaded gun that a 2 year old can set off is not an accident.

Seems like recklessness certainly. Guns do have safety catches. Did she not check when she put it in her bag?

Also the gun lobby always justify their stance with; "guns don't kill people. People kill people". The logic being that it is people with malice who cause all the deaths. Obviously not the case here. "

No, the logic is not malice it's stupidity or malice that kills people. Which is obviously the case here. A loaded pistol, ready to fire in a handbag is courting an accident.

Tragic that the woman is dead, even more tragic for the child.

By *xpresMan  over a year ago

Elland

"Why was it cocked and ready to go off? In a handbag? With a child around allowed to go into said bag?

How awful.

"

If it was a revolver they don't need to cocked

This is funny cause nothing on the news here in the u.s.

Possibly more anti-gun bullshit

Americans for you

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Seems a bit obvious that someone would only carry a gun for safety. It would lead to the idea too that; if you need a weapon, you are in fear of something happening.. "

Not everyone that carries a gun do so through fear of something. Sometimes people just like the fact that they can own a gun.

It was his mum that he shot dead . very sad but only in america

By *ike4362ukMan  over a year ago

Cheshunt

"Why was it cocked and ready to go off? In a handbag? With a child around allowed to go into said bag?

How awful.

If it was a revolver they don't need to cocked "

Then she should have had it decocked on an empty chamber so that it doesn't go off accidentally. Elementary weapon safety.

From many chats with Americans about their gun culture, there generally doesn't seem to be a great fear that they may encounter some maniac and need to defend themselves. It's usually more to do with a need to assert their right to bear arms.

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

That was great timing for this story to be on the news today (ok, yesterday), cause without doubt, it was the fkn funniest story I have heard of 2014..

Some rather distasteful comments on here.

A woman has died and her child lost its mother. Irrespective of the events leading up to it, it's still an accident not a malicious shooting.

As for the very anti American fashionable comments, take a look around our country and the amount of idiots carrying knives for "protection".

No I'm not pro gun law but I do rather dislike the sweeping generalisations of North Americans.

" Some rather distasteful comments on here.

A woman has died and her child lost its mother. Irrespective of the events leading up to it, it's still an accident not a malicious shooting. "

I agree but unfortunately, no longer surprised at some of the comments made on these Forums!

By *el65Man  over a year ago

paisley

I was in texas couple of yrs ago , and each day saw more and more pick up trucks with rifles in the back window, also each morning the news always had reports of shootings , in malls,cinemas,car parks ,I can never understand why they feel the need to have guns , also why when people go on holidiay and visit gun ranges to fire off an uzi,magnum? simply nuts!!

We will never know why she had the gun with her perhaps. She might have been fearful of her safety. She might have been asserting her right to bear arms. Shr might have forgotten she had left the gun there.

What ever the reason I feel there is no need to gloat. A woman lost her life. Her children were present. Her two year old son will at some point in his life discover he was the one who shot her albeit without understanding what he was doing.

Sadly this will not result in any gun controls in the US.

Tragic all round.

It's not tragic 70,000 children starving to death every day while tonnes of food is thrown out of western countries is tragic ..... This is just fucking madness of the highest degree, why make excuses for her like maybe she forgot she has a loaded pistol in her handbag while out shopping with young children.... Jesus you think if she forgets that is she any better at home!.

I'm not gloating over her death but I ain't wasting one minute thinking what a poor soul she is either!

Of course its tragic,just in another magnitude.

If a member of your famiIy makes a bad overtake whilst driving and dies, I would deem it tragic not deem her foolish for handling a potentially lethal machine badly ?

" Of course its tragic,just in another magnitude.

If a member of your famiIy makes a bad overtake whilst driving and dies, I would deem it tragic not deem her foolish for handling a potentially lethal machine badly ?

"

with great respect, if your diving with small children around blind bends at ridiculous speeds overtaking trucks not thinking about what's coming around the corner. Your a fucking tool, regardless of whether your related to me or not.

with great respect, if your diving with small children around blind bends at ridiculous speeds overtaking trucks not thinking about what's coming around the corner. Your a fucking tool, regardless of whether your related to me or not."

Very eloquently put, and quite possibly you are. But people make silly decisions every day and a bad overtake could be not noticing an oncoming motorbike, thus not exactly making it reckless.

I don't think I could persuade you otherwise but the event is still tragic just as any loss of life is, especially when it can be avoided.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't really think the scale or circumstances of death matter if someone grieves the loss of a loved one

it's tragic for them. For us onlookers it isn't any more than a discussion point although lots of us can feel compassion.

And in another world it didn't go off... and she got into her car and threw the bag on the seat where the gun discharged and killed a child...

Stupid stupid woman. .....

Tragic and needless....but inevitable

with great respect, if your diving with small children around blind bends at ridiculous speeds overtaking trucks not thinking about what's coming around the corner. Your a fucking tool, regardless of whether your related to me or not."

By *ain n MableWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Has the 2yo been sent to a young offenders institution?

"I don't really think the scale or circumstances of death matter if someone grieves the loss of a loved one

it's tragic for them. For us onlookers it isn't any more than a discussion point although lots of us can feel compassion."

It seems compassion is lacking today.

"I don't really think the scale or circumstances of death matter if someone grieves the loss of a loved one

it's tragic for them. For us onlookers it isn't any more than a discussion point although lots of us can feel compassion.

It seems compassion is lacking today. "

Thankfully not from everyone.

Newcastle and Gateshead

and the sad thing is, that if something like Sandy Hook, or Aurora, or Vrginia Tech isn't going to move the dial on gun control.... then a 2 yr old accidently killing its mother with a gun in her handbag, whilst shocking to the rest of the world, isn't going to even be a blip in the US.......

there is the right to bear arms.... and gun control (the right to bear any arms, anywhere...) and most americans dont seem to tell a difference!

even trying to get the simplist thing thru is impossible.... like a limit on the amount of ammo someone can buy.... a ban on extended cartridges.. ect ect ect

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

I have friends in the US who are serving police officers. When off duty they always carry their fire arms. I talked to one of them about it and she said she'd rather have it and never need/use it, rather than the one time she needed it when didn't have it with her.

It's just a tragic accident

- avoidable yes - but an accident nonetheless . There will be those of you who will say it wouldn't have happened if she hadn't had a gone - the same way as someone wouldn't have been killed if they hadn't decided to drive that journey or left 1 minute later.

It's just life.

I've sat the concealed carry exam in 4 states and all I can honestly say is that's it's designed to be passed by quite literally anyone with an IQ!

Each exam went to great lengths on how to carry your weapon without it being seen and when to use it but very little on safe practice and safe storage.

I full support the 2nd amendment but America has to seriously look at the way people store their guns when they're not being carried and also focus on safe carrying practices as this story clearly illustrates.

Carrying a cocked handgun (regardless of whether it was a revolver or semi-automatic) in your handbag was asking for trouble.

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

long live the American dream , and the right to bear arms . Yep part of there constitutional rights . You now written just after the Boston tea party that allows you to bear arms against your enemy .

Now you can see why so many allied soldiers got shot by friendly fire in Iraq. And I use the term friendly very loosely

"long live the American dream , and the right to bear arms . Yep part of there constitutional rights . You now written just after the Boston tea party that allows you to bear arms against your enemy .

Now you can see why so many allied soldiers got shot by friendly fire in Iraq. And I use the term friendly very loosely "

any combat veteran will know that's a terribly irresponsible thing to say....and irrelevant to this thread.

"long live the American dream , and the right to bear arms . Yep part of there constitutional rights . You now written just after the Boston tea party that allows you to bear arms against your enemy .

Now you can see why so many allied soldiers got shot by friendly fire in Iraq. And I use the term friendly very loosely any combat veteran will know that's a terribly irresponsible thing to say....and irrelevant to this thread."

Having served alongside various branches of the US military I can say that they're incredibly professional and blue on blues are a rare occurrence.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

This was not an accident, modern firearms have a 2 stage trigger and the normal pull pressures for first the round fired are an initial minimum pull of 4lbs and a second pull of 14lbs, it is a deliberate safety feature to avoid incidents like this. I have never met a 2 year old child that could apply that sort of pressure to a trigger. Therefore I have to conclude that not only was the woman carrying a loaded and ready weapon in her bag but that she had had it altered to have a hair trigger.

I feel sorry for the children and those who have to deal with the aftermath, but at least no innocent got shot.

My dad used to say to me.

There is no such thing as an accident, just carelessness.

I think in 99.9% of cases this is correct and most definitely in this case.

Tragic loss of life yes.

Avoidable? Also yes.

I am sorry but she is 100% at fault carrying a loaded weapon no matter what the law and everyone else says.

If the place is so dangerous that you need to take a loaded gun shopping then either don't take kid's shopping or don't go shopping.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's a useless exercise telling a dead woman "I told you so"

The only thing that might be even slightly useful to come from this would be a change in the gun culture that exists there. I doubt that will happen.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm wondering if the deceased, had she lived, would have pulled her gun out and shot someone dead herself?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Now you can see why so many allied soldiers got shot by friendly fire in Iraq. And I use the term friendly very loosely "

in all conflicts there are accidents, its the nature of it..

we have had our own in the past as have many other nations..

Surely this will make them realise Thier gun laws are crazy ?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

It can be tragic as well as foolish

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Surely this will make them realise Thier gun laws are crazy ? "

None of the previous "accidents" have I can't see this being the decider.

One more waste of a life will make no difference. Life is still as cheap as it always was.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"And in another world it didn't go off... and she got into her car and threw the bag on the seat where the gun discharged and killed a child...

"

This

"Surely this will make them realise Thier gun laws are crazy ?

None of the previous "accidents" have I can't see this being the decider.

One more waste of a life will make no difference. Life is still as cheap as it always was."

I wouldn't wish death on anyone , but maybe it needs to affect an American politician or famous star ! Not wishing for it , but as the previous says they just never seem to take notice ! It's not rocket science ! The more guns theirs people die ! simples !

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Very unpleasant.

moston

"

You compare apples and oranges...

Both are fruit, but are different.

Cars can kill but are designed to transport people, firearms are designed to inflict injury and kill.

You compare apples and oranges...

Both are fruit, but are different.

Cars can kill but are designed to transport people, firearms are designed to inflict injury and kill."

True,but interestingly enough more people are killed by cars than firearms in this country.

I've used firearms for 28 years in ny job and I don't use them in any way when not working,but the suggestion that everyone who shoots or holds one is a lunatic or irresponsible is unjustified in most cases.

By definition an accident is where no one is to blame. Do we blame the screaming toddler in the back seat who distracted the parents who then crash ?

I have no idea why the lady was so fearful that she felt the need to carry a firearm, but look around the world and its very common place. I certainly don't advocate their carriage by everyday people but the US has cultural differences to the UK and its rather ill founded to sit in judgement....were certainly not perfect.

"I'm wondering if the deceased, had she lived, would have pulled her gun out and shot someone dead herself? "

A better perspective. Clearly her only intention was to try and get the shopping done with four kids in tow. She may well have been careless but does not deserve to be vilified. She paid for her mistake with her life. Her children are now motherless and her family must be devastated.

"tragic accident."

It is not an accident, it is the ludicrous American to attitude that causes thousands of deaths every year. Ridiculous.

"tragic accident.

It is not an accident, it is the ludicrous American to attitude that causes thousands of deaths every year. Ridiculous."

what do you mean.

It's funny, yes here in the great u.s we have guns and people get shot, yes we carry guns on a daily basis and people get shot.

In the u.k. you don't have guns, but your violent crimes are at a staggering 40%.

That is crimes with knives, bats, clubs, hammers and whatever else you guys can get a hold of. Oh yes and don't forget the sexual crimes.

So I read the comments you all make, (that's america, only in america) really. Please don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house.

Also in America you would never see an American soldier get hacked to death from someone with a machete like I saw happen in the u.k. a few years ago. The pictures showed plenty of witness just standing watching! That's a shame.

Yep only in america

"tragic accident.

It is not an accident, it is the ludicrous American to attitude that causes thousands of deaths every year. Ridiculous.

what do you mean."

Cause and effect, if people insist on carrying loaded weapons on a day to day basis then people will continue to die. Had the woman not had a loaded gun, it would not have found its way into the hands of a child and would not have been discharged. Totally avoidable if American gun laws were different.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I have no idea why the lady was so fearful that she felt the need to carry a firearm, ."

She may not have been. She may just have wanted to carry a gun like the thousands of Americans who do.

"tragic accident.

what do you mean.

Cause and effect, if people insist on carrying loaded weapons on a day to day basis then people will continue to die. Had the woman not had a loaded gun, it would not have found its way into the hands of a child and would not have been discharged. Totally avoidable if American gun laws were different."

I think its good that they can carry guns for self protection. no worse than carrying knives.

Brighton - even Hove!

"It's funny, yes here in the great u.s we have guns and people get shot, yes we carry guns on a daily basis and people get shot.

In the u.k. you don't have guns, but your violent crimes are at a staggering 40%.

That is crimes with knives, bats, clubs, hammers and whatever else you guys can get a hold of. Oh yes and don't

forget the sexual crimes.

So I read the comments you all make,

(that's america, only in america) really.

Please don't throw rocks if you live in a

glass house.

Also in America you would never see

an American soldier get hacked to

death from someone with a machete

like I saw happen in the u.k. a few

years ago. The pictures showed plenty

of witness just standing watching!

That's a shame.

Yep only in america "

A) witnesses just stand watching - yes they do, that's why they are witnesses.

B) we make a good cup of tea in the UK

Expressed yourself well there _xpres.

"It's funny, yes here in the great u.s we have guns and people get shot, yes we carry guns on a daily basis and people get shot.

That is crimes with knives, bats, clubs, hammers and whatever else you guys can get a hold of. Oh yes and don't forget the sexual crimes.

So I read the comments you all make, (that's america, only in america) really. Please don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house.

Also in America you would never see an American soldier get hacked to death from someone with a machete like I saw happen in the u.k. a few years ago. The pictures showed plenty of witness just standing watching! That's a shame.

Yep only in america "

Excellent post!

moston

"Also in America you would never see an American soldier get hacked to death from someone with a machete like I saw happen in the u.k. a few years ago. The pictures showed plenty of witness just standing watching! That's a shame.

Yep only in america "

But you did have a muslim Officer kill how many his fellow soldiers for exactly the same reason...

You were saying something about glass houses...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yep only in america "

I am not sure anyone is saying there isn't crime here, even gun crime.

The difference between here and America is, they allow people to have guns so why it is being discussed

Yep only in america "

Homicide rates per 100,000 2011...

UK - 1

US - 5

That's right. The US murder rate is FIVE TIMES higher than the UK.

Brighton - even Hove!

......."I think its good that they can carry guns for self protection. no worse than carrying knives."......

I think guns are worse than knives. Guns can kill or injure at a greater distance than knives. Guns give a false sense of security.

Yep only in america

Excellent post!"

Complete and utter nonsense if you bother to look into the facts. Statistically you are far more likely to suffer violent crime in the US, and should you be interested in facts you are more than 35x more likely to be shot dead there compared to the UK. No country is perfect but I'm glad we have proper gun laws here in the UK.

Yep only in america

UK - 1

US - 5

That's right. The US murder rate is FIVE TIMES higher than the UK."

Is that because America is a bigger country with a lot more people.

Brighton - even Hove!

Is that because America is a bigger country with a lot more people?

Nope, it's a ratio so doesn't change depending on the overall numbers.

Yep only in america

UK - 1

US - 5

Is that because America is a bigger country with a lot more people."

No, it is based on crimes per 100,000 of population so adjusted to reflect size difference.

Yep only in america

UK - 1

US - 5

Is that because America is a bigger country with a lot more people."

The figures quoted are tge number of murders per 100,000 people. Therefore, the size of the country is irrelevant. 1 in 100,000 in the UK were murdered in 2011. In the US that figure was 5 in every 100,000 people. That means a murder rate 5 times that of the UK.

» Add a new message to this topic