FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cyprus or turkey ?

Cyprus or turkey ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *illy OP   Couple  over a year ago

Coventry

So we have a choice of these two places for our holiday this year. We haven't travelled a lot so either would be great I'm sure. Both the hotels look nice and have very good reviews and both are couples only.

We're wondering if you guys have a preference between the two. The weather will I guess be the same but wonder about culture, safety etc

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

From a female perspective I prefer Cyprus. I've found the men in Turkey to be a bit full on-whether you're with a man or not. Just my experience.

By *rcticFoxxxWoman  over a year ago

Hereabouts

"From a female perspective I prefer Cyprus. I've found the men in Turkey to be a bit full on-whether you're with a man or not. Just my experience. "

I agree. I've been to Turkey a few times, and even as a child the men were very full on and disrespectful of boundaries! Been to Cyprus once and loved it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

With what's currently going on in the region, I think i'd be inclined to stay well away from Turkey for a while.

By *bfoxxxMan  over a year ago

Crete or LANCASTER

Greek Cyprus.

At least you can have a Pork Kebab and a bacon butty.

"With what's currently going on in the region, I think i'd be inclined to stay well away from Turkey for a while.

"

if it was that dangerous they wouldn't allow you to book holidays would they?

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Cyprus as its safer

so we are trying north Turkish Cyprus for the 1st time...we stop over in turkey then fly in....thank you all for building our confidence !!!

By *onitoMan  over a year ago

Milton of Campsie

"With what's currently going on in the region, I think i'd be inclined to stay well away from Turkey for a while.

"

Agree and they let Hayat Boumeddiene board a plane to Syria!!

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Cyprus.

Been to both but return to Cyprus every year to a village named, Pissouri, fantastic place. You could actually combine the both and holiday in the North Turkish occupied area of Cyprus where the best beaches can be found.

cyprus for us been there in each of last four years

I went to turkey last sept by myself and was absolutely fine...had a fabulous time.x

By *RBLUE47Man  over a year ago

bournemouth

My stepson is half Cypriot so spent year after year visiting so he could see his dad. Cyprus in my opinion has turned very Blackpool just for tourists. The real Cyprus is over the hill from Pathos to The Akakamas Penninsula,see this link.

Fly to Pathos Airport,hire a car and get going .

http://www.cyprus-travel-secrets.com/akamas-peninsula.html

Stay in Polis and see the real Cyprus. Believe me I have lost count of the wonderful times spent there.Real villages real people and lovely real Cypriot food.

"From a female perspective I prefer Cyprus. I've found the men in Turkey to be a bit full on-whether you're with a man or not. Just my experience. "

Got to say Cyprus, my dad lives out there and the weather,hotels,beaches are everything, and the cypriot food mmmm, roll on june x

By *eamanguyMan  over a year ago

Altinkum-Turkey

Turkey - Is It Safe

Many people return to Turkey year after year because of the friendliness and hospitality of the Turkish people.

Turkey - How Much Does It Cost

Turkey is great value for money and being outside of the Euro zone it offers one of the best value holiday destinations.

When To Visit Turkey

The Turquoise and Aegean coasts along the popular resorts of Turkey have a typical Mediterranean climate with hot summers and mild winters.May through to mid-June is the ideal time to visit because the weather is comfortable and the days are long.

Turkey - Getting Around

Turkey is a big country but its fairly easy to travel around. The road network is good and well maintained and also there are the local minibuses (Dolmus) which are cheap to use for getting around the resorts.

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

I love Turkey and would go there every year if I could. Have been many times with just females and can't say I have ever felt unsafe.

You do need to be able to stand your ground (with shop keepers, SOME men, people trying to sell you stuff) but I remember Cyprus being exactly the same, in fact, it's pretty much like your regular night/day anywhere...

Avoid Marmaris though. Awful place that is pretty much the next Benidorm.

- Amy. x

By *rladytoyMan  over a year ago

plymouth

I go to these places regular and I have a place in turkey, for a holiday I would definitely choose cyprus, the food drink and people are much better

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

would go with Cyprus but avoid the tourist area's..

some good deals on hiring's...

By *icefellatwoMan  over a year ago

hastings

"So we have a choice of these two places for our holiday this year. We haven't travelled a lot so either would be great I'm sure. Both the hotels look nice and have very good reviews and both are couples only.

We're wondering if you guys have a preference between the two. The weather will I guess be the same but wonder about culture, safety etc"

I have been to Cyprus twice.

the people are fantastic there is very little crime.

Since they have been in the euro prices have gone up a lot, when I went first time the restaurants were fantastic and cheap when we went back the all inclusive had taken over and some of the restaurants had closed because of this.

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Cyprus every time out of the two but i prefer Malta

By *he_tykiesCouple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire & Vera Playa,Spain.

"Cyprus.

Been to both but return to Cyprus every year to a village named, Pissouri, fantastic place. You could actually combine the both and holiday in the North Turkish occupied area of Cyprus where the best beaches can be found."

Big agreement here, absolutely love Pissouri, found the place by accident in 1990 whilst staying elsewhere on the island and immediately fell in love with the village and the locals and also down the bottom at the beach area.

Given that my parents were made refugees and had their family homes taken by the Turks when they were children.....I'm gonna go with Cyprus.

By *illy OP   Couple  over a year ago

Coventry

Wow thanks everyone .mixed reviews and thoughts for many different reasons. Will reread these when I finish work.

We were tilting towards turkey but might rethink now.

Thanks again .

I can only comment on Cyprus. Been to the Greek part twice and loved it both times. The Cypriots were friendly and the weather was stunning. Lots to see too, as I get bored just lying by a pool all day.

I think Cyprus would be more expensive, that would be the drawback.

I've been Cyprus and turkey both are beautiful .its a hard choice .but I think I'd lean towards turkey

By *oconut2Woman  over a year ago

Nether regions of the back of beyond

I lived in Turkey for 2 yrs and absolutely loved it, granted there is trouble on the border with Syria but that's 100's of miles away(5hr flight)from the holiday spots

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

been to Cyprus and love it

Lived and worked in both.

Weather wise, Cyprus is you best bet. More consistent.

Turkey is very safe in tourist areas. But they will hassle you, to look at what they are selling. You don't tend to get this in Cyprus. xx enjoy where ever you choose x

By *ot_horniiMan  over a year ago

North West

We are in Cyprus Paphos end of July.. see you there xx lol. all good advise above, Cyprus is actually Turkey owned, but mainly Greek inhabited, and plent of English there, Turkey great, if you stay on the complex,. as above hounded, everywhere you go in villages towns etc.. enjoy xxx

"Got to say Cyprus, my dad lives out there and the weather,hotels,beaches are everything, and the cypriot food mmmm, roll on june x"

Thought you were about to pimp your dad out, lol

We went to Cyprus this year and found the people very freindly , Pathos restaurants all really nice but beach non existence . We found a really nice beach a short buss ride away , and also managed to have a meet as well .

Cyprus anytime - found Turkish men to be absolutely awful - wanted sex with a young girl (friend of our daughter) we had taken on hols with us - horrible experience.

I`m sure they are not all the same? but we had a nightmare - dare not let the girls out of our sight - 12/13 years old FFS.

By *igger1952Man  over a year ago

Paphos Cyprus.

all these posts are true and cyprus is a great place to spend a holiday. i moved here from the uk 9 years ago and would never change things. the weather, the food, the people, to country etc etc. Yes hire a car, get away from the tourist places and see the true cyprus. up in the mountains and hillside villages. Also if you are looking for some adult fun while you are here, there are a few nudist beaches around Pissouri (if you know where to look) and plenty of out of the way places to play outdoors. i meet couples and singles so get in contact if nd when you come. PS if any of you are over between 28th july -4th august, my villa will be free for a nights entertainment. wink wink

"I lived in Turkey for 2 yrs and absolutely loved it, granted there is trouble on the border with Syria but that's 100's of miles away(5hr flight)from the holiday spots "

Fuck me what you flying in chitty chitty bang bang

Dont you need to play beach volleyball with a carpet on your shoulder to help you to decide?

People are treating Turkey as some sort of pirate state in this thread. Go to Bodrum or Istanbul, it's really cheap, the people are absolutely lovely, my female friend was at all times respected (my male friends did get thrown out of a club for dancing near each other though which was a bummer). We backpacked from Istanbul, to Bodrum, to Cappadocia then to some of the smaller towns and ancient sites in the south and I didn't even a little bit get captured by ISIS. Istanbul is my pick though, great for your money, a perfect mix of East and West, great weather, terrific architecture. Istanbul... not Constantinople.

[Removed by poster at 30/01/15 04:18:19]

"I lived in Turkey for 2 yrs and absolutely loved it, granted there is trouble on the border with Syria but that's 100's of miles away(5hr flight)from the holiday spots "

Ah I see you lived in the "China" part of Turkey then,

By *moothies.Couple  over a year ago

Woodthorpe

Never been to either but I'd recommend Tunisia. Good value, great beaches, all inclusive amazing at both places we went to and flights not to long

» Add a new message to this topic