FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > NHS 6 billion and counting.

NHS 6 billion and counting.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I shall watch this another time but would like to hear opinions in the meantime.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

No-one?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To be fair it's a bitty vague. Is this in relation to the Daily Mail article?

It's very interesting and I guess slightly controversial too!. It's a lottery with life, one person wins another looses. Sadly the NHS isnt a bottomless pit of money. And harsh choices have to be made to the detriment of others.

Working for the NHS it breaks my heart that not everyone can get the help and resources that are needed and when all said and done we are supposed to care for people and save lives.

It's a impossible task when money is restricted and what was set up as a free service is run as a private company with goals and targets.

"It's very interesting and I guess slightly controversial too!. It's a lottery with life, one person wins another looses. Sadly the NHS isnt a bottomless pit of money. And harsh choices have to be made to the detriment of others.

Working for the NHS it breaks my heart that not everyone can get the help and resources that are needed and when all said and done we are supposed to care for people and save lives.

It's a impossible task when money is restricted and what was set up as a free service is run as a private company with goals and targets.

"

Any organisation needs some boundaries, and as crude as they are what alternatives do we have? I Am ignorant of the daily reality but i'm against simply throwing more money at something

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"I shall watch this another time but would like to hear opinions in the meantime."
. The NHS does a fantastic job but we also have to recognise that society is completely different to when the NHS was established . People are living much longer and this is creating significant additional costs . We are going to have to consider charging for some of the services in order to make people appreciate the cost .In addition health tourists should either be refused entry or send back to the country of origin . The NHS is not a bottomless pit .

"It's very interesting and I guess slightly controversial too!. It's a lottery with life, one person wins another looses. Sadly the NHS isnt a bottomless pit of money. And harsh choices have to be made to the detriment of others.

Any organisation needs some boundaries, and as crude as they are what alternatives do we have? I Am ignorant of the daily reality but i'm against simply throwing more money at something "

How would you feel if a close family member was refused life saving treatment because of a lack of funding???. It happens on a daily basis, no ones life should come with a price tag for treatments to keep them alive. When Drs agree to the hipprocratic oath they agree to save lives, not play Russian ruelet because of funding the government will or will not provide.

I thought it was 2 billion .

That's fucking Tory inflation for you

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

It’s all in a bit of a mess really, see from the outside you’d think that the NHS is one organisation but it’s not, its lots of different organisation under one banner, which is why you have such a difference in care. The front line staff do an excellent job but in many cases they are hindered by management and bureaucracy.

There’s so much money being wasted on stupid stuff by management that don’t know what they are doing. Also there are far too many layers of management all seeming to do same thing. Their suppliers screw them left right and centre, take the pfi deals for example.

The NHS needs to be streamlined into one single organisation, get rid of the bad management and decision makers.

It's certainly thought provoking. Incredible the figures being discussed in it. You never quite contemplate the expenditure going into operations and the like.

Got to be said though, sometimes it is worth spending an amount short term to reap longer term savings

Oops where did I get 6 from?

» Add a new message to this topic