FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > dropped my phone

dropped my phone

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uggarbunny OP   Woman  over a year ago

Doncaster

Brilliant. Not doing to well with this one. It went in to the wash and survived but now I've dropped it and smashed the screen aaaaaaahhhhhrrrrrrr. Are you able to replace it yourself or do I need to take it in? Any ideas...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Brilliant. Not doing to well with this one. It went in to the wash and survived but now I've dropped it and smashed the screen aaaaaaahhhhhrrrrrrr. Are you able to replace it yourself or do I need to take it in? Any ideas..."

Washed and dropped! You should have your gloves on string around the back of your coat like when you where a kid lol.

Doncaster

"Brilliant. Not doing to well with this one. It went in to the wash and survived but now I've dropped it and smashed the screen aaaaaaahhhhhrrrrrrr. Are you able to replace it yourself or do I need to take it in? Any ideas...

Washed and dropped! You should have your gloves on string around the back of your coat like when you where a kid lol. "

Tell me about it. Have another year to go before I can change it as well lol

What phone is it? It's normally easier to take it somewhere to be repaired, I noticed your profile said Doncaster, I'm pretty certain there's at least one independant phone shop in the Frenchgate that wouldn't charge a ridiculous amount.

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

I know iPhones can have new screens put on....and you can even choose a funky colour *please choose pink*

Timpsons. Do screen replacements.

Doncaster

Galaxy Samsung 44S. I'll have to take photos off before I take it in any where lol

Doncaster

"Timpsons. Do screen replacements. "

The shoe repair place?

I didn't know Timpons did that - they've got a little unit outside my local Tesco!

Definitely a good idea to clear your pics off if there's anything incriminating

Doncaster

"I didn't know Timpons did that - they've got a little unit outside my local Tesco!

Definitely a good idea to clear your pics off if there's anything incriminating"

Nothing that bad just sexy underwear shots for here but still....lol

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

Look on YouTube, you might be able to find a vid where you can order the screen and fit it yourself

"I didn't know Timpons did that - they've got a little unit outside my local Tesco!

Definitely a good idea to clear your pics off if there's anything incriminating

Nothing that bad just sexy underwear shots for here but still....lol "

Exactly - I've seen a fair few 'interesting' pics on phones we get in at work - and they're supposed to be corporate mobiles! Lol

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

"Timpsons. Do screen replacements.

The shoe repair place? "

Yes, they take it off you, fill out a repair request form and next time the companies delivery driver calls they let them take it and its couriered to a shed full of people who repair mobile phones. When fixed the process is reversed and you get it back a week or so later with a Timpsons mark up on the bill.

Or you could just take it to a local phone repair place. No courier fees and will take them as long as it takes to get a spare part.

If it is just the glass, parts cost about a fiver, if its the LCD digitizer about £60. Both plus labour

The shoe repair place? "

Yes. They replaced my I phone one after an incident. I didn't delete pics. My pics are password protected.

Doncaster

The shoe repair place?

Yes, they take it off you, fill out a repair request form and next time the companies delivery driver calls they let them take it and its couriered to a shed full of people who repair mobile phones. When fixed the process is reversed and you get it back a week or so later with a Timpsons mark up on the bill.

Or you could just take it to a local phone repair place. No courier fees and will take them as long as it takes to get a spare part.

If it is just the glass, parts cost about a fiver, if its the LCD digitizer about £60. Both plus labour"

Just the glass. The phone is working fine.

Doncaster

The shoe repair place?

Yes. They replaced my I phone one after an incident. I didn't delete pics. My pics are password protected. "

Mmmm I didn't know you can pass word protect pics. I have my sim and my phone p.word protected. I'll have a look at that. Ta

By *atasha_DavidCouple  over a year ago

Slough

Having watched a video of this being done I would make sure that you get any repairer to agree screen is OK before repair started as it appears all but the very skilled may kill the screen in the process of trying to remove the glass.

Many repairers will only repair screen and glass at same time for this reason.

Phone care has saved mine from a few near death experiences

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

"Brilliant. Not doing to well with this one. It went in to the wash and survived but now I've dropped it and smashed the screen aaaaaaahhhhhrrrrrrr. Are you able to replace it yourself or do I need to take it in? Any ideas..."

yes you can but it's fiddly, save yourself some hassle and take it to a phone repair shop or stall at a local market. Probably going to cost you around £20 or so

"Galaxy Samsung 44S. I'll have to take photos off before I take it in any where lol "

You could send them to me for safe keeping. And will send them back once your phone is fixed.

Timpsons are quite good, reasonable too, I got an iphone done for £40 with a 12 month guarantee. No need to delete photos, just stick a password on so they can't get past your home screen.

The shoe repair place?

If it is just the glass, parts cost about a fiver, if its the LCD digitizer about £60. Both plus labour"

I'm not so sure about that, mine was done in an hour while I was shopping, it was one of those kiosks at tesco, pretty sure it's done on site and not sent off

"Timpsons are quite good, reasonable too, I got an iphone done for £40 with a 12 month guarantee. No need to delete photos, just stick a password on so they can't get past your home screen. "

Mine was done in store. 20 quid

By *eforfuncplCouple  over a year ago

Morecambe

The shoe repair place?

Yes. They replaced my I phone one after an incident. I didn't delete pics. My pics are password protected. "

. Hi how do u password protect pics on iPhone ???? Xxx

Doncaster

"Galaxy Samsung 44S. I'll have to take photos off before I take it in any where lol

You could send them to me for safe keeping. And will send them back once your phone is fixed. "

Oh really well thank you that's very kind of you.....lol

Doncaster

Thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions as to where to get it repaired. I checked out Timpsons and was £150.00 so ill look around if it's no cheaper ill just try n hang in there till up grade next year x

» Add a new message to this topic