FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > ;(

;(

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

For the first time in my life I've been laid off of work. It's nothing personal, it's just business as they say. Working in the Oil industry it was only a matter of time.

To say my confidence hasn't been knocked, would be lying. There is people on here who been through it all before who can relate I know.

I guess I just needed to vent.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Good luck finding a new role

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Ohhh dear. Hope you can find something else soon Ejay x

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Best wishes sweetie, I've there before myself due to mergers, hope you get something new soon x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Chin up fella,I know that doesn't help but you're 29...see that thing hanging up outside the window.. Our friend life...its a shitter at times but...in the words of rocky....

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying: You ain´t what you wanna be because of him or her or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain´t you! You´re better than that..

Now go get em...

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I'm sorry to hear that.

Take this weekend to get over it and then get ready to start job hunting on Monday.

Good luck.

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

Hope you get something else soon.

I myself (Boobs) am about to go into the redeployment pool, heading towards redundancy, so I can sympathise

Been there twice.....once just as I was going on maternity leave....both times have lead to better things. Onwards and upwards...look on it as an opportunity.

That sucks ass. On the brighter side though you may move on to bigger and better things. Good luck. X

P.s.I mentioned 29 as you've got a LOT of living to enjoy...and you will...

Oh not great for you

Hope you find something else soon

As one door closes...and all that

[Removed by poster at 27/02/15 21:15:33]

Happened to me a few months ago mate so know how you feel. My advice would be take a week or so to think about what you want to do next and not to rush it. Staying positive will bring positive results

"P.s.I mentioned 29 as you've got a LOT of living to enjoy...and you will..."

Appreciate the kind words man

And thank you all. Wish I didn't post this to be honest but I need it off my chest

Got laid off twice in 6 months back in 09, second time I couldn't even tell D I was so angry and down about it. Kept it under the radar for months.

Agencies worked for me until I found something perm.

Good luck - it will get better!

B

Its good to vent, sorry to hear about the news regarding your employment status, hope you find something better.

I believe things happen for a reason

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

It may not feel like this for a while (especially when the news is so raw and fresh) but every single person I have known who has had this happen to them (including me) has ended up content with what they're doing and in most cases far happier and with a job they would never have thought about going for had they stayed where they were. As for practical advice, give it a while to sink in and then take the opportunity to take stock and think about where you want to be.

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and something better is always just around the corner. I got made redundant and thought I wouldn't find another job but I did. In a lovely place where they like me and I feel so happy. A better job, good friends and they put up with all my nonsense. The same will happen for you....probably not my job in my work but something just right and you will be happy

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Sorry to here this

You my dear have loads to offer. Young, enthusiastic. You will find something soon. All the best lovely. Xxx

Ah man that sucks!!! Hope you got a settlement!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Look on it as an opportunity...

It's a bastard getting laid off. But onward....good luck

I'm sorry it ever has to happen to anyone. Have a look at the 7 stages of transition (sometimes referred to as the stages of grief) as it may help explain the emotional aspects. If you're offered outplacement services take it as it can help with fresh ideas. Most of all stay positive and good luck...

"P.s.I mentioned 29 as you've got a LOT of living to enjoy...and you will...

Appreciate the kind words man

And thank you all. Wish I didn't post this to be honest but I need it off my chest"

Post away sexy it's a place to make friends as much as anything else and at times like this it's your friends you turn to xx

Remember one door closes but another one always opens xx

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Sorry to hear this... Hugs your way xx

By *inkxRabbitWoman  over a year ago

Wokingish

Every cloud has a silver lining hun. I've been made redundant three times. Every new job had been better than the last x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"For the first time in my life I've been laid off of work. It's nothing personal, it's just business as they say. Working in the Oil industry it was only a matter of time.

To say my confidence hasn't been knocked, would be lying. There is people on here who been through it all before who can relate I know.

"

That's a blow for you, sorry it's happened. Both of us have experienced it several times and here we are still surviving . That isn't to make light of how you're feeling now we empathise and sympathise but so you know that it's a bump in the road not the end of it. Good luck

Hope it all works out pal.

Positive thinking - use this weekend to think about what you want to do. Your plans, your hopes and your dreams.

See this as an opportunity to do something with your life that would have seemed beyond reach before.

Change scares the shit out of some people. Grasp it. Love it. Make it work for you. You have an amazing opportunity to turn your life into something amazing. Not just 8-4 to pay the bills xxxxxxx

"I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and something better is always just around the corner. "

This

Hey bud its happened to the best of us.

I hope you find something soon you like.

Good luck

"For the first time in my life I've been laid off of work. It's nothing personal, it's just business as they say. Working in the Oil industry it was only a matter of time.

"

young man ive felt like you many times, i respect you for your openess , look forward not back!

"

It's good to vent. Like others on this thread many if us know what you're going through. It's a horrible feeling.

Take some time to yourself and get back out there.

I've no doubt that there's something wonderful out there with your name on it and you'll find it.

Keep the chin up. Sending you big hugs. xx

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm sure it's just a temporary thing x

Be strong man. Hopefully u won't be idle for long!!

By *o30Woman  over a year ago

Lincoln

Sorry to hear EJay, I'm sure things will pick up before you know it x

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Really sorry for anyone who has to go through this. I was made redundant twice in twelve months in my 20s, so know exactly what you're going through too. Don't let it get to you, and try to stay positive (though they sound hollow words). We both wish you all the best.

Mr & Mrs ddc

xx

(They're from her, just a manly handshake from me )

By *eaningofLifeCouple  over a year ago

York

"

As corney as it's going to sound it could be an opportunity to start a new project or direction in life x

hmm enjoy your break! and just think your next post mabe a move for the beter!

my mate was in a old rig in north sea for many years he got funished at xmas - now in a nice new rig in thiland !

"Chin up fella,I know that doesn't help but you're 29...see that thing hanging up outside the window.. Our friend life...its a shitter at times but...in the words of rocky....

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying: You ain´t what you wanna be because of him or her or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain´t you! You´re better than that..

Now go get em..."

Hope it all works out for you hun. Onward and upward.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Chin up fella,I know that doesn't help but you're 29...see that thing hanging up outside the window.. Our friend life...its a shitter at times but...in the words of rocky....

Now go get em..."

What a bloody good post. Six thumbs for that one.

"

You know I'm a text or a phone call away x

By *uggarbunnyWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

Just gone through it myself. Banged my cv out, even put it on an agency site. Got a call from the agency and now have a six week temp contact. Think I'm going to do temp work for a while. Meet new people and learn new things. Turn it around and look at it as an exciting time. I've just gone 50 so you Mr have no excuses lol. Good luck xx

Not great buddy but knowing the industry it will cone back round again and I'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time!

Sometimes these things are a blessing that lead on to better opportunities.

You know I'm a text or a phone call away x"

I know and thank you

And thank you to everyone else for the kind words. Panick just ensued yesterday. All I could think about was how am I going to pay my mortgage

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

So sorry to read your post fella. I really hope that this is just a step to an amazing opportunity about to present itself.

Thinking of you, and sometimes these things are sent to shake us up and reassess. There maybe something even better for you heading your way.

Hugs xxx

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Oh no, sorry E I didn't see this yesterday. Hope something turns up for you quickly! Xx

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

Wishing you all the best in the future.

Don't give up.

Sorry to hear this Ejay, we know that the oil industry is stripping back a lot of their manpower at the mo, but there's also a few taking on as well. So get down to bombarding your cv to them all and the best of luck x

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"

. Hopefully you will have set aside some funds when you were working to cover the next few months . I would then assess all your relevant skills . What made you successfully in your current role and how can these skills be offered to any potential new employer ? You could even cconsider offering to work free for a certain period in order to give a company the opportunity to assess you . Finding alternative work will take a lot of time and effort. I can imagine nothing more boring than working for one company all your life . You should look upon this period of hopefully short unemployment as an opportunity to improve your career . Maybe go on holiday first in order to think things over .

» Add a new message to this topic