FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > And the dumbass of the year award goes to....

And the dumbass of the year award goes to....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Okay, so we've been sorting out the kitchen all week and was going great until today. We were due to fit the laminate flooring, but needed to move the furniture into another room. We had to disconnect the washing machine from the mains and also disconnect the hose. I thought we'd already turned the water off prior and as I disconnected the hose, the water came pouring out and completely drenched the floor. It took hours to fix it, but we finally fit the flooring..........And dumbass of the year goes to

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Done it myself. Face full of water

By *MP3Man  over a year ago

Between Scylla and Charybdis

I thought Madonna was currently holding that crown

It's not so bad now, but the smell isn't going away anytime soon

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I had a dumbarse moment today too.

I'm fitting a new sprung latch to an internal door. The screw holes on the plate are in slightly different places to the originals so I filled the holes, intending to drill new pilot holes where they're needed.

Having left the filler for plenty of time to set, tonight I marked where I needed to drill the holes.

I drilled the first hole with no problem but when drilling the second, the drill bit snapped for no discernible reason, leaving the broken end embedded at the far end of the hole, (which was about 2mm in diameter, as it was just a pilot hole for a small wood screw).

Bollocks.

After some faffing and swearing, I ended up drilling a much larger hole to allow me to dig the broken drill bit section out. I then had to refill the hole, (using a small piece of dowel to give the screw something to bite into).

Fortunately it's just a screw to hold a latch plate in place so it doesn't need to be an especially strong fixing.

Buggery bollocks.

"I had a dumbarse moment today too.

I'm fitting a new sprung latch to an internal door. The screw holes on the plate are in slightly different places to the originals so I filled the holes, intending to drill new pilot holes where they're needed.

Having left the filler for plenty of time to set, tonight I marked where I needed to drill the holes.

I drilled the first hole with no problem but when drilling the second, the drill bit snapped for no discernible reason, leaving the broken end embedded at the far end of the hole, (which was about 2mm in diameter, as it was just a pilot hole for a small wood screw).

Bollocks.

After some faffing and swearing, I ended up drilling a much larger hole to allow me to dig the broken drill bit section out. I then had to refill the hole, (using a small piece of dowel to give the screw something to bite into).

Fortunately it's just a screw to hold a latch plate in place so it doesn't need to be an especially strong fixing.

Buggery bollocks."

In your defence, it seems like something you couldn't have avoided so no nomination for you

Have we a winner yet? The suspense is draining me.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Bollocks.

Buggery bollocks.

In your defence, it seems like something you couldn't have avoided so no nomination for you "

It was still bloody annoying.

It turned into one of those little jobs that I ended up wishing I hadn't started.

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

Bollocks.

Buggery bollocks.

In your defence, it seems like something you couldn't have avoided so no nomination for you

It turned into one of those little jobs that I ended up wishing I hadn't started."

and all for the sake of a screw

Bollocks.

Buggery bollocks.

It turned into one of those little jobs that I ended up wishing I hadn't started. and all for the sake of a screw"

be surprised what people do for that here Sx

I have a mirrored bathroom cabinet next to my bath/shower... Remember that fact!

... So I'm in the shower and I realise that I have left my razor in the cabinet. I point the shower head away, slightly draw back the shower curtain and look straight into the eyes of some bloke who's inces away from my face!!!!! Jump, instinctively draw back and let out a totally involuntary noise!!!!

... My heart immediately ups in pace and two seconds later I realise that I left the bathroom cabinet door open and who that scary bloke in my face was!!!

... What a numpty !!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Okay, so we've been sorting out the kitchen all week and was going great until today. We were due to fit the laminate flooring, but needed to move the furniture into another room. We had to disconnect the washing machine from the mains and also disconnect the hose. I thought we'd already turned the water off prior and as I disconnected the hose, the water came pouring out and completely drenched the floor. It took hours to fix it, but we finally fit the flooring..........And dumbass of the year goes to "

Whoever forgot to tell you the water was still on. Idiots hey.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I thought Madonna was currently holding that crown "

Did she do it on purpose for the media coverage ?

I never watched it.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"I have a mirrored bathroom cabinet next to my bath/shower... Remember that fact!

... So I'm in the shower and I realise that I have left my razor in the cabinet. I point the shower head away, slightly draw back the shower curtain and look straight into the eyes of some bloke who's inces away from my face!!!!! Jump, instinctively draw back and let out a totally involuntary noise!!!!

... My heart immediately ups in pace and two seconds later I realise that I left the bathroom cabinet door open and who that scary bloke in my face was!!!

... What a numpty !! "

An involuntary noise?! Does that mean you screamed like a little girl?

By *uggarbunnyWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

"I have a mirrored bathroom cabinet next to my bath/shower... Remember that fact!

... What a numpty !! "

I like this one. That's funny.....

[Removed by poster at 28/02/15 08:25:19]

along the lines of kitchen diy faux pas. blocked sink, removed the kitchen sink trap, oh its full of water i'll just tip that down the sink.......

how did it take hours to fix ? just turn the tap off

Bollocks.

Buggery bollocks."

Those tiny bits will snap by just looking at them, slightly off angle or pressing to hard(the bit buckles and snaps) being the most common reason.

Small screws don't really need a pilot hole. Carpenters use a bradawl for the reason that you experienced, that or a panel pin and hammer, slight tap and the jobs a goodun.

» Add a new message to this topic