FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > SERIOUS LEGAL WARNING

SERIOUS LEGAL WARNING

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ngieandMrMan OP   Couple  over a year ago

hereford

Back in January I was collecting my misses from work, as we approached a T-junction on our left a woman driver converged on the T-junction to turn left, joining the same road I was on. She overshot the junction by a couple of feet and stopped, I adjusted to my right and continued at about 10mph, then just as we were passing she moved forward again and a contact occurred between the front offside bumper of her car and the rear tire wall of my Discovery.

I pulled up on the left, got out, inspected my vehicle but found, as expected no damage, so I inspected it again, still no sign of any damage. The women in the other car just sat there, didn’t get out, didn’t speak to me. So I thought to myself, ‘Oh well, no harm done might as well go home and have my tea’... so that’s what we did and thought no more of it.

10 days later on a Saturday morning a letter dropped in the letterbox from the police... it demanded that I incriminate the driver of my vehicle (me) at the time and place in question or else!!! This was to lay charges, rather as it said on the form ‘NOTICE OF INTENDED PROSECUTION’ for... at ten miles an hour in a car-park... Careless/Wreakless/Dangerous Driving! Fuck me, you could have knocked me down with a feather, absolutely unbelievable!

So no option other than to do as ORDERED and then wait... and wait... and wait three months for a copper to phone me and invite me to a ‘voluntary’ (or be arrested) interview regarding a Road Traffic Collision. Too cut a long story shorter, the woman had given a statement claiming I was speeding and racing and ‘charged off’.... in a 14-year-old MK1 Land Rover Discovery 2.5 diesel. I said to the copper, “here are the keys to my Disco, I both challenged and defy you to make my car move quickly or at speed in the confines of that car park” When he had finished laughing and ripping the shit out of her statement he said, “I think you can expect to receive written notice in a few days that no further action will be taken”.

As a BTW… I believed I had nothing to be afraid of, I was the victim and had 1000% confidence in defending and proving my position. However in doing so and being honest I could have, perhaps should have NOT admitted that a contact actually took place… In being honest this secured my fait in what now follows…

Two months later the summons to court drops through the letterbox, the charges are ‘failing to exchange driver details’ and ‘failing to report an accident to the police within 24 hours’.

Months and months later after THREE court visits, hundreds of pounds lost through time off work, hundreds of pounds in solicitor fees this is how it turned out... what I’m about to tell you really is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth... the magistrate apologised to me!!! YES its true, he apologised just before I got slapped with £300 in fine/court cost and FIVE... YES FIVE penalty points!!!

This is some of what he said as word for word as we can remember...

“Obviously when this law was put in place incidents of this nature had not been considered. Unfortunately you have, on a TECHNICALITY broken the law and therefore governed by this book (he showed me the book that sets minimum to maximum penalties) the best I can do for you is to impose the minimum, hence £200 plus costs, plus the minimum 5 points.”

He actually went on for quite a while, including, “I had I guy in here a few months back. He was reversing his car in a car-park and touched a tree with the bumper, no damaged other than a slight bruise to the tree bark. He, like you or anyone else for that matter thought no more of it and left. Some tree lover saw him and reported it, he ended up in the same position as you and I had no choice but to do just the same thing to him as you”...

I kid you not, all of those court officials hung their heads in shame as I said, “This is absolutely disgusting and what’s more all you people know that and agree with me! I am the victim! She drove into me! No significant damaged was caused! This has already cost me something like £2000 in time off work and solicitors fees AND a 9 month prison sentence of overwhelming worry and stress! AND FOR WHAT... a technicality! TECHNICALLY a law was broken BUT NO crime was committed!!! This is totally wrong, totally undeserved and totally out of proportion, so to you sir (the magistrate) don’t try and convince me that you are doing ME a favour while you’re only trying to keep your conscious clear!” I was half way out of the court when I heard the magistrate say, “You may leave the court” I guess at that point he did do me a favour, my ‘walk out in disgust’ could have seen me arrested and held in contempt of court.... TO BLOODY RIGHT TOO!

Clean licence for 37 years, not even had a parking ticket, straight down the pan... and for what?

So listen up people here is a fact... IF your car makes any contact, no matter how minor with another object living or inanimate then it is deemed that a vehicular collision has occurred. You are bound by law to exchange details regarding the other object/being and or report it to the police within 24 hours. If you do not do this and the matter is reported to the police you will end up going through the same experience as me. Think about that next time as you open your car door and it taps the car next to you in the supermarket car-park... if someone sees it and reports it.... you are FUCKED!

I cannot begin to find the words to express how this makes my partner and I feel. Regardless of what anyone else might choose to think ‘oh shut up, just another whinging motorist’ or ‘It’s the law’ or any of that bollocks it won’t change the facts. I, no doubt like 1000’s of others have been totally abused by the legal system that is supposed to protect the public. I’ve been criminalised, humiliated beyond description.

However unlikely it may be don’t think that this cannot happen to you, I posted this as a serious warning to everyone and anyone who takes the time to read it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mate ya have told me this story and im gutted for you as you know

Let this serve as a warning to all that even a small road incident can be blown outta proportion by the system xx

Lobby your local MP to get the law changed. He/she probably can't do anything retrospectively for you but your request to see a change in the law must be listened to and taken seriously. Ok, the law might not be changed but you have the right to have your say to the people who matter - the lawmakers, ie. politicans.

Bookmark this thread in your favourites and keep us updated, it will be interesting to see how you get on, and if there is a petition to be signed to affect a change in the law then rest assured mine will be the first name on it after yours.

Good luck & thanks for posting this.

Grrrrrr, makes my blood boil reading things like this. I'd be fizzing and taking her to court for wasting valuable time, earnings lost, plus the mental stress she put you under......

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

5 points is a bit harsh.... you only get 3 points for knocking a cyclist off.

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

"5 points is a bit harsh.... you only get 3 points for knocking a cyclist off."

Seriously....I recon I can squeeze another three on my license....back in a bit

whats this got to do on a swingers forum?

hereford

Thank you all so far, to be honest, probably because of how I feel just now I didn’t expect the support you guys have just posted and I apologise for that wholeheartedly. There is more to tell already which is what inspired me to place this thread. My partner and I, ok so maybe this sounds pathetic but it is how it has affected US have been totally devastated by this business and for that reason we have been trying to put it to bed and move on. We had in fact succeeded in that until a letter dropped through my letterbox this Saturday. I don’t mean to keep anyone in suspense but I really need to try and get a handle on my emotions so I can compose and post the latest addition to this appalling affair.

Thank you peeps… I’m sat here crying on my keyboard just now.

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

"whats this got to do on a swingers forum?"

Welcome to The Lounge....if you want to talk about cock sucking see Swingers Chat

hereford

Don’t like it, unable to comprehend how important things like this are to people in the street… then DON’T read it, simple really isn’t it! Oh and by the way - it's nothing to do with swinging at all couldn't you tell?

Aww hunni

Have a hug babe, xx

I'm absolutely disgusted...really feel for you and your partner. Can't begin to imagine how frustrated and peeved you are. Hope you get things sorted.

I'm also wondering how the bloody hell a tree can give details if my car hit it!

hereford

"I'm absolutely disgusted...really feel for you and your partner. Can't begin to imagine how frustrated and peeved you are. Hope you get things sorted.

I'm also wondering how the bloody hell a tree can give details if my car hit it! "

It can't but you can and you MUST incase someone else does.

Forums are exactly that you can discuss anything not just sex xx

OP, lets hope that your karma runs over their dogma.

"I'm absolutely disgusted...really feel for you and your partner. Can't begin to imagine how frustrated and peeved you are. Hope you get things sorted.

I'm also wondering how the bloody hell a tree can give details if my car hit it!

It can't but you can and you MUST incase someone else does. "

Hi

I am so sorry to hear about this - things like that - the injustice of it all really can knock you for six - not sure if this helps but something happened to me a few months back that i thought you might be interested to hear

i was parked in my local Co oP car park

when i returned to my car i found a lady putting a note on my car to say that she had witnessed an elderly lady and a female passenger in a car reverse into my jag (an old car but i love her ) and damage it

she promptly drove off

i called the police - they refused to come out to me as it was a car park collision and not highway - i had to go to them - but

filled the forms in

included a copy of the witness statement

they contacted her

but because her 'witness' said it didnt happen and mine did it came down to her word against mine !!!

im a bit lucky as i get free legal support - my sons are solicitors - they got on the case and bought a pvt prosecution

and guess what we won

police still did sod all though

really amazes me how they can have different approaches to these things!

What makes my blood boil about these denials of hit and run is how the fook would you know the make and model, licence plate AND colour of a fookin car if you didn't see it at the scene? Couple that with a good description of the driver and it's pretty impossible to pick a random car out of thin air and say, "it was them!"

Noe associate that with the damage to your vehicle and even CSI would nail it in five minutes flat as to who the guilty party is. Sometimes I think the police just don't want the headache of it but then crawl all over someone innocent and pursue them vigorously on other occasions. There's just no consistency to it.

By *nkednkinky_bbwWoman  over a year ago

cannock

things like this make my blood boil, my parents lost their business and house due to a similar thing happening when my brother was out working in one of their lorries. it was without doubt the other drivers fault and more than likely done on purpose (my parents solicitor said it was becoming a common incident) but they lost everything

Bump x

Would like to know how this works within the Road Traffic (Scotland) 2004, methinks ill be having a look

A friend of mine went back their car in a local supermarket carpark to find it damaged, her heart lifted when she saw a note on the windscreen, she read it and it said...... "I have just hit your car and damaged it, there are lots of witnesses nodding with approval as I write this note as they think I am writing down my details and address etc, but I'm not so tough sh*t"!!!

hope she took it to the police to fingerprint it - besides it may have happened to someone else! ohhhhhh im so mad for your friend xxx

hereford

Thanks to everyone for the support so far, I can only offer sympathy to those expressing having experienced similar trauma and abuse by the system.

Anyway, I was selfishly not intending to post the thread, the court case was back towards the end of August. Since then wife and I have been fighting with our emotions to put this behind us and move on, and to that end we just didn’t want to talk about it.

Now it is fact that we had actually done quite a good job of getting to grips with it and with no other choice we had effectively swept it under the carpet, that was until the postman dropped a letter through the letterbox this Saturday morning…

The envelop plastered in large bold type with the word POLICE had my adrenalin explode, I was instantly infuriated as I went into the sitting room and shouted ‘What the fuck now!!!’ as I tore open the letter and this is what it says (with some personal details removed)…

Dear Mr x,

Re: Requirements to take Fingerprints, Photograph and DNA (where appropriate after a conviction)

On the (about end of August) you were convicted at x magistrate Court for the following offences:

1. Fail to exchange details after RTC

2. Fail to report RTC

Section 27 of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 creates power for the police to take fingerprints after a person has been convicted of a recordable offence.

You are required to attend x Police Station within the next ten days. Please contact x Police Station on the following number to make an appointment (phone number and extension) Failure to comply with this requirement may result in your arrest.

Your sincerely

Etc. etc..

Just now I’m not going to try and express how this has made me feel, lets see what you guys think. Please keep in mind, I’m a clean living, law abiding member of the public just like all of you, ‘yes’ TECHNICALLY I broke the law and I have already paid for that a 1000 fold BUT NO CRIME WAS COMMITTED..

"5 points is a bit harsh.... you only get 3 points for knocking a cyclist off."

3 points, that's ridiculous surely knocking a cyclist off the road is an act of public service ?

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

It goes to show no mater how minor the incident you need to exchange details. Its not right but if someone claims you drove off without doing so and you did even under the circumstances your fucked.

Its still morally wrong though of the other party to lie about the incident. It is one minor case for CCTV but that's not the answer.

Personally after any incident i will take pictures, both of the car, other person, the other persons licence if poss, address and then inform my insurance and the bizzies. Its a whole load of fuss but with some dishonest drivers about you just have to cover your own ass alas

You really ought to drag your MP into this, if you haven't already.

I read your initial post, it is a fact in law that ignorance of a certain law does not make you exempt from it, but surely a certain amount of consideration is allowed? there is no way of writing a law to fit every incident...it's all based on precedence.

the second installment is a further infringement, abuse...call it what you will, of your human rights.

what a despicable way to treat you and an abomination of the law not to mention the cost on the tax payer.

Our sympathy is with you on this one.

Maybe you should contact the chief superintendent who was featured in Saturdays Sun newspaper as a member of this site. I'm sure as a fellow member she maybe happy to help out for a shag

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

So, if we bumped into you at an organised "Social" meet, or if we decided to meet you in a public place as a precursor to maybe having some fun, you would just talk about swinging and sex then? Jeez, the forums are a place to discuss things that people talk about in general, as well as the obvious subject matters to do with swinging!!!

I got a fine and points for driving without due care and attention because i pulled out of a junction and got hit by a lad on a motorbike many years ago, he had overtaken a lorry that was turning into a pub car park, was doing at least 60mph in a 30 limit (confirmed by police due to the damage and how far he flew) was on the wrong side of the road and completely hidden from my view by a big sign on the pavement advertising a car sales place because he was withing a foot of the kerb on the wrong side of the road, i was abike rider until i had a bad accident so i always look for bikes.

He was prosectuted for dangerous driving, but in court i was told that the law says, if you pull out of a minor road onto a major one and have an accident its your fault, whatever the circumstances so i got the minimum penalty, still sucks though when it happens to you, you have my sympathy.

hereford

"It goes to show no mater how minor the incident you need to exchange details. Its not right but if someone claims you drove off without doing so and you did even under the circumstances your fucked.

Its still morally wrong though of the other party to lie about the incident. It is one minor case for CCTV but that's not the answer.

Personally after any incident i will take pictures, both of the car, other person, the other persons licence if poss, address and then inform my insurance and the bizzies. Its a whole load of fuss but with some dishonest drivers about you just have to cover your own ass alas "

I would agree that it’s not practically possible to write a law for every possible permutation and I also agree that ignorance is no excuse or exemption. What you have said you do or would do is exactly what I’m suggesting everyone does, if a person doesn’t do that already then please if nothing else learn from my errors and realise just how easy it is to get screwed by the system. But it also seems apparent that we should all get up an hour earlier and before setting foot outside of the house research and check to see if there has been any new laws or amendments to existing laws put in place. I think most would agree, many people have said to me, “I always believed that if no one was injured in a RTA then the police are not interested” WRONG that used to be the policy be it written down in law or not.

CCTV doesn’t matter in my case. The original accusations were total rubbish, physically impossible and so put in the bin. As I was addressing the original accusations dangerous/careless etc. I was confident in the knowledge that it was completely unfounded nonsense and so too were the police. BUT in being honest and NOT realising the TECHNICAL implications I admitted that her car touched mine. This ‘touch’ constitutes an RTC (Road Traffic Collision) and by default that seals it TECHNICALLY in law. The ‘failing to report’ goes hand-in-hand with ‘failing to exchange details’ it doesn’t matter that the other driver made it impossible to exchange details by locking herself in her vehicle as she stated in her statement. She exaggerated where I actually stopped but this confirmed at least that I did stop at the scene BUT I left the scene having not exchanged details – what for there was NO DAMAGED! What was there to report to the police? In my mind nothing, no damage, no harm done.

The fingerprints/DNA abuse to follow is self explanatory; I have been successfully convicted for breaking the law albeit on just a TECHNICALITY and so it is now deemed that I am the makings of a criminal likely to commit further horrendous crimes. And so they want my fingerprints/photo and DNA so it’s easier for them to get me next time.

In the future when a real crime is committed by a real criminal who just happens to fit my overall stats I will have to be damn sure I can account for my whereabouts!!! The police computer systems will do the approximate matching, just needs the police to create plausible stories to fill in the gaps of the missing evidence. I sir am now ‘Known to the police’!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If police and government had their way EVERYONE would be on the database, then all they need to do is find a person to fit the crime!

hereford

"I got a fine and points for driving without due care and attention because i pulled out of a junction and got hit by a lad on a motorbike many years ago, he had overtaken a lorry that was turning into a pub car park, was doing at least 60mph in a 30 limit (confirmed by police due to the damage and how far he flew) was on the wrong side of the road and completely hidden from my view by a big sign on the pavement advertising a car sales place because he was withing a foot of the kerb on the wrong side of the road, i was abike rider until i had a bad accident so i always look for bikes.

He was prosectuted for dangerous driving, but in court i was told that the law says, if you pull out of a minor road onto a major one and have an accident its your fault, whatever the circumstances so i got the minimum penalty, still sucks though when it happens to you, you have my sympathy."

Your story is very similar to the story my own solicitor told me of when he was in his late teens. He acted totally correctly emerging turning left from a T-junction joining a more major road. BANG – a speeding car took the front of his car clean off. It’s was a d*unk driver being chased by the police at the time. My solicitor TECHNICALLY broke the law by pulling out into moving traffic albeit pissed and speeding and being chased was of no consideration. My solicitor got banned and fined.

It is against the law not to report an accident no matter how small, pointless and ridiculous. However what is ridiculous is the money and time wasted on chasing you, when there was clearly no damage, no-one hurt, it was your car that was hit by her not the other way around, yet the police arent looking for the woman that changed lanes without looking on a busy crossroads, wrote off my work colleagues car because the car is not registered to her, her identification was false, therefore no licence, no tax and no insurance on the car.

So i do feel for you as sometimes really, especially in an incident like this, the law is clearly an ass

Just wait for the "where theres a blame ,theres a claim " letter to drop on your door mat . now that your deemed the guilty party

By *iamondladyWoman  over a year ago

titsville

You and your partner have my heart felt sympathies. I too experienced a situation when I was heavily pregnant when driving my car and touched a parked car with my mine and only broke my indicator lens(Citroën dyane). No damage to parked car so drove away. Had police summons months later and was charged with Careless driving. Very upsetting as damage I was supposed to have caused to the parked car. I would have somehow had to drive in the opposite direction up the pavement side to have caused so just stitched up by someone as I saw no-one at the time.

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

Hands up anybody who reverses out of their drive, I actually don't, as far as as i can remember

That is an illegal manoeuvre as you are reversing into a major road from a minor road..

Back to the Op i think anybody who has been done before or has a company car always anything that happens, photos then insurance company.. A lesson learnt the hard way..

Nasty story though.. I for one will be more on the alert

"Hands up anybody who reverses out of their drive, I actually don't, as far as as i can remember

That is an illegal manoeuvre as you are reversing into a major road from a minor road..

Back to the Op i think anybody who has been done before or has a company car always anything that happens, photos then insurance company.. A lesson learnt the hard way..

Nasty story though.. I for one will be more on the alert"

Not sure where i stand on mine then as i'm not backing onto the main road where i live, just a small section that is attached at each end creating a small 'roundabout' therefore not the main road itself only the bus terminus section that its not just for them

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

From memory, to be quite honest any road is probably a higher class road from the one you are backing out of

I always reverse into my drive, bloody annoying but just making sure..

Nasty!

One of the good things about having a decent camera on my mobile phone is that, in the event of any collision, I can use it to take photos for future reference.

I can't help but think the woman was a puppet, and her puppet master pressed her into taken action, perhaps to save face for being so careless???!!! Who knows!

Another sorry tale of how our society has changed where logic and common sense have given way to pen pushers who blindingly follow rules and regulations without questioning their appropriateness.

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

What a stupid waste of time, and the police should hang their heads in shame for bringing the case. Funny enough i had a car slide backwards and bump my car while we were waiting to pull out onto a main road from a minor road today. He didnt stop and because i wasnt expecting it i didnt get time to take his reg number.

Same thing has happened to me 4 times where cars have gone into my car, totally their fault and not stopped. The trouble is when your on your own driving its very difficult to take a reg number, and concentrate on your driving if they dont stop, and you could cause a more serious accident in trying to keep them in your view and take down the number.

So if it happens in a private place, do you still need to report it to the police?

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

"5 points is a bit harsh.... you only get 3 points for knocking a cyclist off.

3 points, that's ridiculous surely knocking a cyclist off the road is an act of public service ? "

as a cyclist who has been knocked of his cycle by a motorist and hospitalised i find that comment very offensive and would have thought that you would have more sense than to post such a comment!.

3 points, that's ridiculous surely knocking a cyclist off the road is an act of public service ?

as a cyclist who has been knocked of his cycle by a motorist and hospitalised i find that comment very offensive and would have thought that you would have more sense than to post such a comment!."

Some one somewhere has been affected by just about everything you can think of... which leaves very little to take the piss out of without the risk of offending someone somewhere.

It's not a comment people generally would find offensive, so I doubt it was meant to be offensive.

hereford

"

So if it happens in a private place, do you still need to report it to the police?"

Can't answer that but I certainly wouldn't assume its outside the law. But I did wonder this evening as I was parking in the road outside my house. I was in my Disco and it was tight squeezing in to the effect I could have brushed my car (also parked in the road) It crossed my mind how would this f***** legal system cope if I hit my vehicle with my vehicle on a public road and someone else reports it to the police? TECHNICALLY it must put me back through the same nightmare of technical legal bullshit?

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

I'm also wondering how the bloody hell a tree can give details if my car hit it! "

it waits for a dog to come along and the tree barks

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

as a cyclist who has been knocked of his cycle by a motorist and hospitalised i find that comment very offensive and would have thought that you would have more sense than to post such a comment!."

Oh for Gods sake! Some people need to get a life! What the hell would you do if a comedian on telly told a joke about someone being knocked off their bike? Write to the TV company????

I was hit on my motorbike many years ago and with arm in plaster I went to the pub and had the piss taken all night! I was also knocked off my cycle a few years before and sustained injuries that took about a year to heal... But THAT POST WAS FUNNY!!!

By *ornyandnymphoCouple  over a year ago

poole

Was the other drivers witness her passenger? As passengers in a vehicle involved in a road traffic accindent can't be a witness in any way shape or form. We know this from personal experience, we are going to court mid October. The van driver who hit our car came up with a witness who wasn't there, but my insurance company said as he had a witness they did not want to take it to court. We insisted they did and after a year ans plenty of evidence thay have now agreed to take it to court and pay our legal fees for a solicitor.

Also if you have an accident, even if no damage was caused, you must report it to your insurance company within 24hours or could invalidate your policy.

I guess I am fucked then!

A guy crossed in to my lane last night and hit my car, as a result his car has a dent on the front and mine has a dent and scratched on the side. I have neither reported it to my insurance company or the police as I didn't know you had to do that within 24hrs First time it has happened to me, new driver. It will be first thing I do in the morning.

hereford

"I guess I am fucked then!

A guy crossed in to my lane last night and hit my car, as a result his car has a dent on the front and mine has a dent and scratched on the side. I have neither reported it to my insurance company or the police as I didn't know you had to do that within 24hrs First time it has happened to me, new driver. It will be first thing I do in the morning. "

Report it NOW... I've been lead to believe that the 24 hours is ballpark as in 'within 24 hours or REASONABLE period' so have an excuse if you are outside the 24 hours. You really need to be in BEFORE the other person reports YOU is my current understanding of it. Best of luck and please keep us all posted.

poole

You don't need to inform the police as long as details have been exchanged at the time of the accident, and nobody was injured.

The reason insurance companies need to be notified is incase the other driver (or you) have another accident, or damadge to their vehicle, And then try to claim it was from the previous accident .

hereford

HornyandNympho... That’s interesting re the passenger/witness thing...

Regarding my event my misses was with me at the time, the police were not interested in her account of things at all, to which I said, “That’s interesting because if she had something to say against me you’d be very interested wouldn’t you?”. My solicitor also told me that anything she had to say in my DEFENCE was of no consequence.

But here is the funny thing, because of a cock-up/misunderstanding I did not have legal representation for the pre-trail hearing. The public legal rep asked me if anyone was with me and I said “yes, my misses” to which he said, “Do you want to book her in as one of your witnesses?” I said “Yes” and so she was. Work that one out?!?!??! In practice it wasn’t tested because I was advised by my solicitor to plead guilty while being lead to believe that the case would be thrown out. However, it turns out that is not an option as the magistrate doesn’t have the power! My solicitor also advised that I could appeal and go for crown court trail but also said he would expect the outcome to be the same and therefore a waste of money. To be honest I really don’t know who to trust/believe! Another solicitor might advise me to go for appeal but can I be sure he’s not just looking for work?

poole

"HornyandNympho... That’s interesting re the passenger/witness thing...

Regarding my event my misses was with me at the time, the police were not interested in her account of things at all, to which I said, “That’s interesting because if she had something to say against me you’d be very interested wouldn’t you?”. My solicitor also told me that anything she had to say in my DEFENCE was of no consequence.

But here is the funny thing, because of a cock-up/misunderstanding I did not have legal representation for the pre-trail hearing. The public legal rep asked me if anyone was with me and I said “yes, my misses” to which he said, “Do you want to book her in as one of your witnesses?” I said “Yes” and so she was. Work that one out?!?!??! In practice it wasn’t tested because I was advised by my solicitor to plead guilty while being lead to believe that the case would be thrown out. However, it turns out that is not an option as the magistrate doesn’t have the power! My solicitor also advised that I could appeal and go for crown court trail but also said he would expect the outcome to be the same and therefore a waste of money. To be honest I really don’t know who to trust/believe! Another solicitor might advise me to go for appeal but can I be sure he’s not just looking for work?

"

Our solicitor said that I (nympho) and one of our sons could not be witnesses, the same as any passenger, as we would be on the drivers side. This is the same will all RTA's, as a family or friend you could bend the truth or blatantly lie to protect them. A puplic legal rep at the court's don't usually have wide knowledge of road traffic legalities.

Did your insurance company pay for your legal rep for the hearing you are talking about? If not you can approach them and ask if your policy legal cover will pay for an appeal. If not the other avenue you can try is if you have legal protection on your home contents policy they may pay your legal fees for an appeal (I know that sounds daft, but know somebody who used it for a work related accident).

The law in an ass sometimes

Good luck, and please. keep us informed how things go xx

hereford

RE: Legal cover on vehicle insurance in most cases is a con, as is the case with mine, ‘always read the small print’. My house insurance might cover solicitors fees but being realistic, as it would effect the no-claims on my house insurance , in the long term it would not be cost effective.

An appeal is not really a practical or an emotional option, I really can’t get a straight answer as to the chances of the outcome being any better or it could be worse but either way that is irrelevant because I could not put my misses through it, she just can’t cope with the stress it causes.

This is something else we have learned, we now understand how a person can end up pleading guilty to something they are innocent of, they end up so broken down, so hammered and done in they just want a conclusion and end to it all. Right or wrong that’s how we feel about an appeal, without being 100% certain of a positive result for us we just couldn’t face going through it all again!

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

interesting topic,and very relevant at this time to us,j was dropping kids to school,and clipped the mirror of a car with the passenger mirror of our car,the woman got out of her car and said it was fine,no worries,,,but all her friends started saying "see that scratch you done that,see that dent you done that",,j came home in tears,

years of driving down the pan she tought,me being the lad i am,i went to the school and waired till the kids got out,rang the cops and collared the woman her friends soon shut up as she had no tax or insurance,,

lesson ring the cops as soo as it happens

jesus who gives a fu** bout your driving skills (im on death row in alamaba)but does anyone give a shite NO

poole

"RE: Legal cover on vehicle insurance in most cases is a con, as is the case with mine, ‘always read the small print’. My house insurance might cover solicitors fees but being realistic, as it would effect the no-claims on my house insurance , in the long term it would not be cost effective.

An appeal is not really a practical or an emotional option, I really can’t get a straight answer as to the chances of the outcome being any better or it could be worse but either way that is irrelevant because I could not put my misses through it, she just can’t cope with the stress it causes.

This is something else we have learned, we now understand how a person can end up pleading guilty to something they are innocent of, they end up so broken down, so hammered and done in they just want a conclusion and end to it all. Right or wrong that’s how we feel about an appeal, without being 100% certain of a positive result for us we just couldn’t face going through it all again!

"

We uderstand completely where you are coming from, it does get you down.

If we are in the wrong we will admit it straight away. But if we have done nothing wrong we will fight it all the way no matter what. But that's just us!

We had a lorry plough into the side of our car a few years ago, the other side denied responsibily. It took 3 years from start to finish with lots of stress, but the satisfaction of proving in court we were in no way to blame was fantastic. We were on the verge of giving up several times, when the driver left the country etc.

We are sorry to hear you have been under a lot of stress, it's the time it takes that makes it seem ten times worse. But we are just bloody stubborn lol

[Removed by poster at 28/09/10 07:28:08]

OMG, WHAT A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE !!!!

"jesus who gives a fu** bout your driving skills (im on death row in alamaba)but does anyone give a shite NO "

Is this some sort of joke?

"jesus who gives a fu** bout your driving skills (im on death row in alamaba)but does anyone give a shite NO

Is this some sort of joke? "

Some peoples sense of humour is amazing xx

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"jesus who gives a fu** bout your driving skills (im on death row in alamaba)but does anyone give a shite NO "

There's always one isn't there - if you're unable to converse or have no interest in the topic - keep your daft comments to yourself! Z

hereford

It has been suggested to me in this thread and by other associates that I should get onto my MP about this matter. My response to that is this… ‘My MP, along with many others are likely to hit the “Just another disgruntled motorist complaining about being caught braking the law” its not until you really get into the technical details that the injustice shows through’.

However, it did cross my mind that if it had some weight behind it, IF my solicitor would stand with me, perhaps even the Magistrate for that matter then MAYBE some one (apart for you lot, for which I am truly grateful) MIGHT listen.

Now then, it’s apparent already that there is an unqualified multitude of people who have suffered the same sort of fait as I have thus far. Some of those people have posted here in this thread… So what about it folks? Will you stand with me? Can we get together and see if we can get something going? Form a pressure group or something? If you are reading this and haven’t suffered this sort of event but would like to help, maybe you know something about setting up a hub for such a thing on the Internet? Maybe you know something about who to approach? Maybe you have some knowledge about invoking the media?

Anyone interested, if you send me a PM with email address I’ll send email address by return and then we can see how we go from there… from an acorn…

I dare say it too late for those of us who have been screwed already but MAYBE we can make a difference in the longer term or at least make the public more aware of this technical trap and the human rights abuse that follows.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

TUFF! you should have swapped insurance details and told the police..END OF

The highway code tell you to swap details, it doesn't mention whether or not there is any damage!

There is a reason to inform the police, to check you haven't been drinking(or the other person for that matter).

Many years ago(early 80's) I was with a friend who was driving on a quite Sunday afternoon, when a young lad(about 10) ran out of a video rental shop straight into the side of his car, this ripped off the wing mirror, but no other damage. The lads dad then can out of the shop and gave his son a right good bollocking! The kid seemed OK, we asked if he wanted an ambulance etc.. his father said he would be OK, he didn't want to swap details etc.. so off we go, I tell my friend to tell the police, he is reluctant to do so, but eventually he decides to. The police take a statement and he is breathalysed and off we go. Next day police are back the sons father had decided to take his son to the hospital and inform the police, saying we where speeding and he thought he could smell alcohol on my friends breath. Luckily for my friend the police had visited the scene of the accident after we had reported it, got both a statement from the video shop owner and checked for skid marks etc. Finally to cut a long story short the father of the kid was then charged with making a false statement, but if my friend had decided not to inform the police the whole story would have been different.

"TUFF! you should have swapped insurance details and told the police..END OF"

Well you're sure full of the milk of human kindness. I hope you're never on the wrong end of a miscarriage of justice.

Actually, I hope you are.

"TUFF! you should have swapped insurance details and told the police..END OF

The highway code tell you to swap details, it doesn't mention whether or not there is any damage!

"

In a sort of way I agree with you about swapping the details but if hindsight was all it was cracked up to be the country would be full of lottery winners.

The highway code does tell you swap details.......................but the highway code is not the law.

Personally I would insist on the police been called as I think LOUISA pointed out there are that many fake/set up accidents nowadays that the police need to be called.

Sorry about the severe sentence doesn't really fit the crime at all. Bear in mind as you already possibly have that insurance wise these points are declarable for the next 5years. At the end of the day a crime has been commited and if the somebody had drove into us we would all I think want there balls for tea for not stopping regardless of damage level. I think in this case a small (£50 fine) at most would have been over the top.

We had a friend who did this and were surprised at the action taken by the police, we just assumed she knocked a coppers or magistrates car.

To the OP- Have you asked the police what action they are taking against the car that drove into you???????

If not do it 10 times a day if need be.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

That is a pisser ,one thing you can try if you have household legal insurance or RAC ,AA legal insurance cover ,is to appeal.

Every law in this country has a set of governance rules attached to it by the parliament that set the law ..a guideline and spirit of the law if you like,as to it usage and criteria for how the law is used or should be used.

A lot of the time the judiciary ignore it or it just gets forgotten over the years (The law is the law after all).

If you have the time and inclination or like me your just bloody minded ..track that guidance down and see if the court applied the rules as it should of been when parliamnet enacted it ...I am sure it is not from what you say ..Its like the European arrest warrant currently being abused .,it is not in the spirit of what the law was intended.

i know its a pain in the ass and lifes too short, but i personally would go for it ..and not let an injustice stand ,without a fight.

all the best and good luck if you do .

hereford

The other driver is of no consequence with regard to the case that was brought against me. I don’t bear any malice against the other driver, people make mistakes and or errors of judgment and I don’t see that everyone should automatically be punished for making an error, its human nature.

Personally I cannot bring myself to believe that she caused this event with intent. I do not know what her motivations were to go screaming lies to the police, maybe she has suffered the same as I and so made a point of ‘getting in first’. Maybe she had no comprehension of the bomb she lit the fuse of that was then set to blow up on me.

Her part in this event was indeed the catalyst, had she been abiding by the rules the event would not have happened. Had I been aware of the technical implications then at least I wouldn’t have ended up with the result that I did.

The point is, YES a law was broken but NO crime was committed. It is as I’ve stated, the whole thing revolves around technicalities. The contact constitutes an RTC ‘technically’ speaking. The fact is that I personally am not a malicious person, I do consider that people make errors and I’m inclined not to hold that against them. I am certainly not the first person to go screaming to the police over the slightest little thing.

Here’s something else to consider as someone has decided to bring up the drink driving thing… good point, for all anyone knows I could have been pissed (actually I don’t drink) and I actually wish that it had been thought of at the time. Given that the police would have been to see me immediately that the incident was reported, they would have found that I was indeed stone cold sober AND it would have secured by default my effectively reporting the incident within 24 hours, resulting in NO case against me whatsoever! As it was, the police didn’t interview me for about 3 months after the event… once again three cheers for the ineptness and non-action of the police service and for all anyone knows, I could have been pissed and got away with it!!!

hereford

"TUFF! you should have swapped insurance details and told the police..END OF""

You are of course entitled to voice your opinion but often when someone does voice their opinion it exposes something about their attitudes. It is indeed ‘in my opinion’ attitudes such as yours that results in the non-action of the public that allows such things as the judicial system to abuse otherwise innocent, hard working law-abiding citizens.

Part of the reason, actually the main reason that I posted this thread is so that others may learn from my mistake and therefore not end up in the same situation.

Well done to you for being big and clever, doing all the right things and NOT finding yourself in my situation. However, it might have been better if you had told everyone how clever and well informed you are BEFORE I fell into this legal trap.

I have read this thread all the way through and the thing that I am saying to myself is that all of this for a woman saying this and that to make out that she is the innocent on in all this and you and your wife have gone through the wringer. I really feel for you both. I did learn my lesson years ago when as a new driver using my dads car some elderly women went into me we did exchange details but didn't phone the police. When my dad phoned to get the insurance details she claimed that it never happened and that she wasn't there. I was left to repair the car out of my own pocket. Since that day I have involved the police at all times it is a hard lesson when you are not at fault and to be treated the way you have as the inoccent one the law is a joke with somethings and you have also been penilised for telling the truth. I hope that you and your wife are able to get over this and move forward also for all the people who don't have a camera on their phone keep a throw away one in the car to use for your evidence as you can use them at night as they have a flash.

By *iamondladyWoman  over a year ago

titsville

Op have you thought about going on the Jeremy Vine - Radio 2 show for a general discussion on this issue. It is a good informative show and will get your message out to the general public and may even lead to something changing in the long term.

I've had a look at the No.10 website and there is a facility there to start an e-Petition whereby as soon as it reaches the required 500 signatures the govt are committed to responding to it - the more signatures it gets the more closely they'll look at it.

Hoever, due to the change in govt sfter the election it is currently closed to new e-Petitions until they have responded to all the qualifying petitions started under the previous govt. This process is expected to be completed later in they ear and the -Petitions service will be open again.

Full details can be found at: http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/

hereford

Many thanks for that Wishy, I'll check it out.

hereford

I hadn’t thought about trying Vine but I can give it a go. I had thought about newspapers BUT I’m very anti-newspapers, not bought or looked at one for 20 years, as far as I’m concerned they cause a lot more trouble than they do good and to that end I will avoid anything that helps to perpetuate them. Helping them to sell would REALLY stick in my guts!

As a BTW regarding the Vine show, they did a piece a while back regarding the fingerprinting/photo/DNA thing. People may or may not be aware that if you are arrested the police have the power to take your DNA, if you refuse they are at liberty and have teams in place to take it by force. Anyway, the story…

A guy was attacked in a pub through no fault of his own. Police were called and both parties were arrested and taken to a police station. Subject to the arrest the victims DNA was taken. The matter was resolved and the victim was de-arrested, essentially that’s that.

Some years later this victim chap was picking someone up from an airport and parked somewhere he shouldn’t. Because of the terrorist paranoia and the free-flow of traffic he was engaged very quickly by airport security staff and then armed police. He was asked “Have you been in trouble with the police before” he answered “No”, they checked, found his DNA on the system and assumed the worst and so he suffered a nightmare of being abused by the legal system. He later discovered that if your DNA is taken in such circumstances you can demand that it is removed/deleted from the system/database BUT you are not told this and if you do not demand its removed the information will stay on the system… or at least that is how it was at the time of the report. He was only one of a multitude of similar travesties of this nature.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

You can "request" DNA to be removed if no charges were laid or it was taken for elimination purposes.

The European ruling was clear it was unlawful to hold it ,however you can only request and the chief constable is allowed to refuse its destruction.

The only reason i know is my friends 13 year old son was picked up for scrumping apples ..they DNA'ed him even though, no charges were laid and he was not even cautioned.

She applied for the samples destruction, post the European ruling and so far no go.

She has now engaged a lawyer to make sure it is and is going to bill the police .

hereford

Pleased to hear that she has this option to redress the issue and I sincerely hope she is successful and gets her money back.

Once again this is another example if this bureaucratic system that is being either allowed or used to abuse the public.

What is needed is situations of this nature fully exposed in big time media to make the public fully aware of what’s going on. But that would only be a start, getting the public to understand how these things may affect them and the implication thereafter is quite a different matter.

When there was public talk of such things as identity cards and DNA sampling EVERYONE it quite rightly fell over. However it was being sold and still is being sold under the heading of ‘it might cause a few innocent people a small inconvenience’ or ‘if it traps one terrorist it’s worth it’ or ‘if you are innocent you’ve got nothing to worry about’ HUH, tell that to the guy they had banged up for the Jill Dando murder.

However it not that simple and as it stands it seems that such things as collecting DNA data is being snuck in as more and more ways of having an EXCUSE to take it are being found/realised.

"

When there was public talk of such things as identity cards and DNA sampling EVERYONE it quite rightly fell over. However it was being sold and still is being sold under the heading of ‘it might cause a few innocent people a small inconvenience’ or ‘if it traps one terrorist it’s worth it’ or ‘if you are innocent you’ve got nothing to worry about’ HUH, tell that to the guy they had banged up for the Jill Dando murder.

However it not that simple and as it stands it seems that such things as collecting DNA data is being snuck in as more and more ways of having an EXCUSE to take it are being found/realised."

Governments use things like honour, duty and patriotism as a weapon against you to extract value from you that suits THEIR plans.

The argument that 'innocent people have nothing to fear from DNA sampling' is the best example of this. It completely circumvents our privacy laws and uses DNA sampling to 'prevent crime'.

Bullshit.

A DNA database can ONLY be used AFTER a crime has been committed and a DNA sample is available to be cross-matched.

This means that people who are not fundamentally criminally minded have their rights of control OVER THEIR OWN BODIES removed by the state. Those that are criminally minded accept that a spell in prison is inevitable in the due course of their 'crime career' and as such a DNA sample from them means nothing.

I have had my DNA taken as a result of being arrested and once they realised they'd got the wrong man I asked to have my sample removed only to be told that it will remain on the database permanently simply because I'd been arrested. When I argued that I was guilty of nothing and they'd arrested the wrong person I was more or less told to be on my way and take it up with my MP (which I did and who didn't want to know tbh).

My DNA is still on the national database and it seems it will be forever more. There's nothing I can do about it.

hereford

YES totally agree with you regarding the real criminal attitude to the consequences of their actions and I of course agree with you on the violation that us innocent people feel.

Since having received this notice from the police demanding my prints/photo/DNA the words that spring to mind are rape/abuse/insulting/physical violation/mental abuse... I could keep going but you’d get bored but I’m sure you understand my point already.

My solicitor is in court all this week and so I’m still waiting to hear from him to see what if anything can be done about it but as it stands one phrase foremost in my mind is “Not while I’m alive you won’t” and that is actually how a feel about it just now.

And you are also right when you say there is nothing YOU can do about it, as an individual I dare say there is nothing much you can do but if only people would stand together on issues like this! The laws in this country have been totally bastardised to suit the government and while we have to consider that MAYBE it’s helping to combat real crime the FACT is innocent people are being abused! It’s totally unfair and highly destructive... it actually creates criminals and it can create the so-called terrorist.

A tad ironic perhaps that such things as ‘in law, you would not be required to testify against your spouse’ only now that’s been pissed on to secure speed camera prosecutions as you are now required OR ELSE to incriminate ANYONE (including yourself) driving a vehicle that you are the registered keeper of in the event that its reported to be involved in anything that contravenes any law. The ironic bit is that it seems that speed cams are now being phased out because local councils can’t afford the run them – in case anyone didn’t know, your council has to buy and maintain the cameras while central government get the revenue from them. But the ‘forced to incriminate you wife/husband behind the wheel’ still stands and no doubt always will.

The law is further bastardised by imposing serious consequences on the registered keeper of a vehicle if they don’t or cannot hand over a body for hanging it doesn't matter that they may be innocent or at least cannot actually be proved guilty!

So you live on your own, you are in bed because you are not well and your car is stolen. Two days later as soon as you notice you report it stolen. Too late by then, it’s tripped a shed load of speed cameras. It was stolen by an expert car thief and so there is no evidence of it being stolen or maybe there is theft type damaged but you could have done that yourself. You cannot prove you were at home... what is the outcome of that?

Any suggestions anyone? However unlikely it’s a fact it could happen to YOU! Don’t expect REASON and COMMON SENSE to help you, not with our legal system!

Thing is this doesn't matter, the numbers of people in this type of situation will be small and no one will notice or take notice so FUCK 'EM who cares... that's the attitude!

PMSL life a Bitch aint it

Dear OP

I had a reasonable amount of empathy for you early on in the thread… it is a bitch when shit happens.

But the more of your posts I read the more I feel much of your current state of mind and health is down to your own making. You and only you have the choice as to how much of your life this incident consumes.

The woman was at fault for the accident. You know she is at fault; she drove without due care and attention and it is fair in your eyes for her to take the rap for her part in this. She should be penalised for contravening the Road Traffic Act.

You also broke the law.

We are all told to study the Highway Code when we learn to drive, it is our duty to do so. The Highway code states:

260. If you are involved in an accident which causes damage or injury to any other person, vehicle, animal or property, you MUST:

• stop

• give your own and the vehicle owner's name and address, and the registration number of the vehicle, to anyone having reasonable grounds for requiring them

• if you do not give your name and address at the time of the accident, report the accident to the police as soon as reasonably practicable, and in any case within 24 hours.

The Highway Code reflects the law. Ignorance is no excuse in this instance.

If you wish the woman who hit your car to be held to account for her part, then you should also be held to account for your part… however unfair that seems to you.

If you had reported the accident and she hadn’t… wouldn’t you be expecting her to be done for that too?

The law cannot be fair for 100% of the time, there will always be exceptions… but the law can’t be full of exceptions or else everyone would claim to be one and it would all be a farce. The best the law can do is try to be in the best interest of the majority. Some laws are dated and need changing. I don’t feel this one does as it works in my interest most of the time.

The police will always go after clear cut cases and easy targets… it’s good for their statistics and the prosecution services encourages it. Faffing around trying to prove fault when the circumstances are dubious and one person has a witness who says one thing, the other has one who says the opposite, topped with no supporting forensic evidence… well it all cost money… our money… the tax payers money.

The short and tall of it… regardless of how the accident came to happen, if you had complied with the Law, the Highway Code and no doubt the leaflets and handy little information cards your insurance company stuffed in the envelop with your policy… you wouldn’t be in this shit now.

All that aside, I do wish you well and hope it works out for you in the end. In the meantime, I hope you will take a good long look at what this is doing to your quality of life and find a way to rebalance your feelings and let some of this go. That is within your control.

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple  over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

If anyone else has posted the same then i apologise.

If this incident took place in a carp park such as tesco asda etc it may not be adopted by local authority and is therefore 'private land' not all parts of the road traffic act come into force on private land and could therefore be argued. in this case i fear the law and police have statutory rights to what they would deem wreckless or dangerous driving. but examples of where the law doesnt cover would be hitting someone while driving the wrong way down a one way lane car park as the line markers are only for guidance and non enforceable. also things such as clamping can be illegal on these car parks (based on scottish law) as it is tantamount to theft. Basically the law is an ass on a lot of things but missing the picture on major things. brush with a car in a car park - 5 pen points and £500 fine. sex offences etc 2 yrs suspended.

we just dont punish the true offences properly !!

rant over

D

hereford

@ The Original Polo...

Thank you for that I do appreciate and indeed understand what you are saying. The fact is I had put this matter to bed and I had moved on. My biggest issue now is that I’m not being allowed to move on because the system, at least the way I see it wants to abuse me still further with this demand for my fingerprints/photo and DNA, it’s this demand which is hitting me as highly insulting and derogative.

Your comments regarding the Highway code, of course I am aware. The point I will remind you of is the part that states ‘if damage’ there was NO damage but damage is ASSUMED because I unwittingly admitted that the two vehicles did actually touch and it is this point that technically qualifies it as an RTC and its that which then qualifies that I technically broke the law but it still remains that NO crime was committed... technically. This ‘touch assume damage’ is not made clear anywhere that I know of until you find yourself in court or read this post.

It has, if I do say so myself, been a very enlightening discussion and it was also good to see that the occasional moronic disruptors didn’t get a foot hold and were dealt with without anyone taking the bait. There is also some comfort in knowing that some people at least will have learned from my errors and not suffer the same fait.

As I’ve said before I do NOT hold any malice against the other driver, she and her actions/behaviour are only a product of this society.

You are also quite correct that my state of mind, emotions, health are indeed suffering and that is becoming self-perpetuating at this time, but as I said, this has been invoked by this latest insult. The money this has cost me is just money, the points on an otherwise clean license are not a threat to me keeping my license, it is only ‘dirty’ now on technicalities so no reflection on my driving ability and with 35 years of no claims the loading on my insurance will not be prohibitive.

This thread would not be here if not for this DNA thing, that I cannot take. Having talked things over all evening we will look into an appeal if that is still an option but even that is now not likely to stop the DNA issue, if I had known this was in the pipeline in the event of conviction I would NOT have rolled over to get it over with. So you see, I really am TRYING NOT to let this overrun us BUT it keeps on coming at us!!!!

poole

"HornyandNympho... That’s interesting re the passenger/witness thing...

Our solicitor said that I (nympho) and one of our sons could not be witnesses, the same as any passenger, as we would be on the drivers side. This is the same will all RTA's, as a family or friend you could bend the truth or blatantly lie to protect them. A puplic legal rep at the court's don't usually have wide knowledge of road traffic legalities.

Did your insurance company pay for your legal rep for the hearing you are talking about? If not you can approach them and ask if your policy legal cover will pay for an appeal. If not the other avenue you can try is if you have legal protection on your home contents policy they may pay your legal fees for an appeal (I know that sounds daft, but know somebody who used it for a work related accident).

The law in an ass sometimes

Good luck, and please. keep us informed how things go xx"

Insurance companies will tell you that passengers in a vehicle involved in an accident can't be witnesses. But after our court hearing today the judge said that this is not the case. So if anyone has a car accident do get statements from your passengers, as this can be used as evidence if it goes to court.

If you tell the truth in court justice will prevail. If you lie you will be found out. As we found out today many judges study your body language too.

And we won our case today, after sticking to the truth throughout. Even if parts of it were not in our favour. Nearly 2 years later the stress of this is over at last.

"

And we won our case today, after sticking to the truth throughout. Even if parts of it were not in our favour. Nearly 2 years later the stress of this is over at last."

that must be a bitter sweet win...having to endure this for 2 years knowing you had done no wrong.

congratulations though and thank god!

thats disgusting i really feel for you mate. its another example of this countrys 'best legal system on earth'

roughly translated, go out and slit an old ladys throat and you can guarantee you'll be out on a technicality with a pocket full of dosh in compo

a straight up guy like yourself gets pranged and you end up in that situation.

reminds me of a hire car i got a chipped windscreen in, and the girl behind the counter asked if any other parties were involved and if i had informed the police......

honestly when will there be some common sense working this countrys strings

we need Judge Judy! She'd fry their asses!

By *ax the gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

birmingham

you have been dlet a real shoddy hand and i sympathise with you to add a cheery to the cake expect the deviant driver of the other vehicle to now persue you for a personal injury claim and some doggey solicitor/ accident managment company to persue you for a personal injury claim

The law sucks and so do some of the idiots who flout it !

poole

"we need Judge Judy! She'd fry their asses!"

We had a Judge John today. The male version of Judy!

He made the other guy look so stupid.

"we need Judge Judy! She'd fry their asses!"

god i love her so! so condecending!

poole

"you have been dlet a real shoddy hand and i sympathise with you to add a cheery to the cake expect the deviant driver of the other vehicle to now persue you for a personal injury claim and some doggey solicitor/ accident managment company to persue you for a personal injury claim

The law sucks and so do some of the idiots who flout it !"

He can't sue us for personal injury as he lost the case. The Judge ruled it was 100% his fault. The funniest thing about today was that his company were the ones who took us to court! Then got their ass handed to them on a plate!

But having said that it wouldn't suprise us if he tried to make a claim against us for something!

And thank you to everyone for your kind comments. xx

We can rest a little easier now it's over. xx

Glad you got closure for now. Fingers crossed that will be an end of it for you.

» Add a new message to this topic