FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Stood up on a date

Stood up on a date

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I had my first ever date arranged for this evening. This wasn't a swinger date, this was a traditional first date with a girl I met online.

I was excited all day, got my contacts in, got all dressed up etc, turned up to the restaurant and was left sitting there for 45 minutes.

The girl has blocked my number and blocked me on facebook so I can't contact her, and I can't even get a reason why.

I feel like shit now. Has anybody else been stood up like this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A shame and very unjust. But when you say "met her online" did you really meet her?

"

A shame and very unjust. But when you say "met her online" did you really meet her?

"

Isn't that rather how online dating works....you chat to someone online then you meet them for a date? Sounds perfectly normal to me.

Or in this case they stood him up, which is a horrible thing to do.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I had my first ever date arranged for this evening. This wasn't a swinger date, this was a traditional first date with a girl I met online.

I was excited all day, got my contacts in, got all dressed up etc, turned up to the restaurant and was left sitting there for 45 minutes.

The girl has blocked my number and blocked me on facebook so I can't contact her, and I can't even get a reason why.

"

I was stood up once as a young woman by a man who had a reputation for doing it. It's a horrible feeling isn't it.

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman  over a year ago

West Midlands

Oh how awful for you

Life is shit sometimes

She's not worth it

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

was it actually a woman ?

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Onwards and upwards..

Don't let it get you down

Yeah we had added each other on facebook so we had seen photos.

It wouldn't have been so bad if she'd have called and let me down gently if she was having second thoughts, not just left me there left an idiot.

She's clearly an arse. Better off without her. I have zero tolerance for women or men with no backbone..!

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

"Yeah we had added each other on facebook so we had seen photos.

It wouldn't have been so bad if she'd have called and let me down gently if she was having second thoughts, not just left me there left an idiot."

was her loss , keep your chin up xx

Have you spoken on the phone?

It wouldn't have been so bad if she'd have called and let me down gently if she was having second thoughts, not just left me there left an idiot."

That my son is not rashional behavour so how can you understand why. All you need to do is figure out it is not you. I had a wicked date with a girl one time lasted 8 hours kissed all night and really keen to meet up next day. Then nothing no reply or anything. I just thought fuck it one of those things and moved on. This is my advice and be a bit pickier

Dude, your young, not a bad looking guy and have the whole world ahead of you....just treat it as a lesson that there are a few knobs in the world...unfortunately you seem to have found one....

Chin up...

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It was a horrible thing to do. You aren't an idiot though.

That's the thing though ain't it.

It wasn't me, but what's to stop me setting up a facefcuk profile with a nicked picture, befriending you and arranging a date, then blocking all and everything? Anyone who would do that ain't gonna call you to give you notice of calling it off are they?

By *alldarkhandsomedaveMan  over a year ago

Derby

I hope you enjoyed a few beers anyway,sod her and put it down to experience

Easy for me to say but move on bud.

Bro hugs

"Dude, your young, not a bad looking guy and have the whole world ahead of you....just treat it as a lesson that there are a few knobs in the world...unfortunately you seem to have found one....

Chin up..."

Sadly some people get off on this, she probably never had any intention of meeting and your probably not the first or the last she's done this to

It wouldn't have been so bad if she'd have called and let me down gently if she was having second thoughts, not just left me there left an idiot.

It wasn't me, but what's to stop me setting up a facefcuk profile with a nicked picture, befriending you and arranging a date, then blocking all and everything? Anyone who would do that ain't gonna call you to give you notice of calling it off are they?

"

You can't go through life assuming everyone is trying to set you up. Internet dating is quite normal these days....

Thanks everyone for the kind messages. I'll be fine tomorrow

This has happened to me before. Put it down to experience and try again. They don't always turn out like that.

"Thanks everyone for the kind messages. I'll be fine tomorrow "

Like I already asked, had you two spoken on the phone?

No we hadn't spoken on the phone, but I am sure it was her, she sent me (clean) snapchat images. She must have got panicky and didn't handle it well.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Thanks everyone for the kind messages. I'll be fine tomorrow "

Good! And whoever this person who stood you up is will still be a loser

"Thanks everyone for the kind messages. I'll be fine tomorrow

Like I already asked, had you two spoken on the phone?"

What difference does speaking on the phone make, you can stand someone up whether you speak on the phone or not

Having a phone call does not make someone genuine

What difference does speaking on the phone make, you can stand someone up whether you speak on the phone or not

Having a phone call does not make someone genuine "

Pretty much all of my single friends have dates with people from tindr, Match, POF and the rest. Pretty sure none of them ever have a phone call first!

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Really sorry this happened to you.

Xx

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I've been stood up by people I've spoken to on the phone.

Phone calls are meaningless.

By *onbons_xxMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Put it down to experience OP, happens to many a person, but always believe there are more good 'uns than bad 'uns. She isn't worth much contemplation but as you say you'll be fine tomorrow, good luck with the next one

Having a phone call does not make someone genuine "

No but it can rule out some who have no plans to meet in the first place. I never meet anyone I haven't spoken to. I also give them a get out clause, so to speak, earlier in the day of the date. No response = no date. It works for me as I have never been stood up on the actual date.

Pretty much all of my single friends have dates with people from tindr, Match, POF and the rest. Pretty sure none of them ever have a phone call first!"

And of course you'd know what happens each and every time.

Sorry to hear that mate, some people have no soul. Onwards and upwards

Pretty much all of my single friends have dates with people from tindr, Match, POF and the rest. Pretty sure none of them ever have a phone call first!

And of course you'd know what happens each and every time. "

Of course I don't. Maybe this is an age thing - but I can say with certainty that some kind of verification phone call isn't standard practice for people I'm friends with who are online dating

And of course you'd know what happens each and every time.

Of course I don't. Maybe this is an age thing - but I can say with certainty that some kind of verification phone call isn't standard practice for people I'm friends with who are online dating "

If I didn't use a phone call (and the text on date day) as a type of verification thing, I would have experienced being stood up. Hence why I suggest it.

Perhaps it is an age thing due to more guys being married at my age (or those I date), and simply want to see if they can pull. They have no intention of calling, let alone meeting.

Oh another thing, I don't accept calls from numbers withheld.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Pretty much all of my single friends have dates with people from tindr, Match, POF and the rest. Pretty sure none of them ever have a phone call first!"

This.

Although I don't seem to have a problem with them turning up...more with them wanting to see me again/talk to me afterwards.... Oh well.

"

FaceFuck. Facebook's inbred cousin. We've all been stood up before. Either get her back by fucking her girlfriends who will tell her what she's missed out on or get over it.

"I had my first ever date arranged for this evening. This wasn't a swinger date, this was a traditional first date with a girl I met online.

"

Yes I have.

It's a shitty thing to do and cowardly. If they have time to go online and block you they have time to send you a cold feet - no thanks text. Unless they just set up meets for kicks.

Awh feel bad for you. Really not nice being let down. Xx

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

As long as you commit to never doing that, it's about all you can take from this, unless you can pick out anything about her that wasn't quite 100%.

Now get some great sex and keep your morale high. You will never know what caused this apart from her being bad news for you. Don't ponder over it.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

"Dude, your young, not a bad looking guy and have the whole world ahead of you....just treat it as a lesson that there are a few knobs in the world...unfortunately you seem to have found one....

Chin up..."

Well said

Oh hunny, I'm sorry to tell you that this site is full of them, both men and women equally as bad.

I have been on here for little over a month and had 10+ cancelled meets (most with the same "no contact" format). My only way of rationalising is that they make the plan when they're horny then can't be bothered with the effort after they've "released" that horniness themselves.

You will get to spot the tell tale signs before they cancel and I recommend always asking the date to reconfirm they're up for it about 6 hrs before. No response means it's unlikely it's going ahead.

Keep your chin up and if possible get some plan B dates in place once you get to know some genuine ladies.

Don't take it to heart though, it happens to us all. Xx

By *et a roomCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Shortly after splitting up with my wife in 2009 after 26 years, I joined PoF. I went on my first date since 1983, with a woman who messaged me first and was really keen to meet me. She looked lovely in her photos and I was very excited and quite nervous. She didn't turn up!

I was gutted at the time, and my self esteem was on the floor. But in hindsight, she did me a favour. I went on quite a few of dates, but eventually met a fabulous woman who I've been seeing for 3 years, and who I have a great time with on Fab. Life is now fabulous, and my sex life has never been better.

I don't know why some people are so thoughtless and horrible to others, but it can work out ok in the end.

I was stood up by a ts/tv. You have it easy m8.

By *remiumChocolate_milkMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

God, you should hear some of my dating disasters!

If this was to be your first ever date tho, what are you doing on a swingers site?

It's even better when you go out to the pub with a lass and she goes out for a smoke and is gone for over 15 minutes, you go look for her to find her nowhere in sight then she texts you to say she's gone to a bar 2 streets away from where you are sat like a fucking prune waiting on her finishing her smoke !!!! Needless to say she was left to find her own way home that night and was firmly told to piss right off in the morning and to never darken my door again !!!

Happened to me and she came up with a lame excuse....: you are too good looking for me! Seriously ?!

"She's clearly an arse. Better off without her. I have zero tolerance for women or men with no backbone..! "

I'm sort you got stood up.

You met.. On facebook. Now please do not post any updates on there..

Man up,move on, and build your confidence in the real world, face to face.

» Add a new message to this topic