FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you like where you live

Do you like where you live

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ce Winger OP   Man  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

At the moment I am living in a Salvation Army one bedroom flat. Ok at least it's a roof above my head and I am grateful for that.

What would you consider to be adequate accommodation?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hate where I live. I should never have left the home I loved down in England.

Proof you should never make big decision's based on temporary emotions

I don't like the area I live in, my house is OK but I moved here with my job, I live in the community I work in and there are a lot of run down council estates round here, if I'm totally honest its why I do not accommodate because I don't want to be judged my the area I live in and you only have to read these forums to see people do

I love it here in the NorthWest area of Cloud Cuckoo Land. I'm very fortunate

By *uyfromchiMan  over a year ago

CHICHESTER

im in chichester near sea n beautiful south downs love it !

We're lucky, couldn't be much more idyllic except perhaps for the weather, plus I work from home mostly so get to see it all day long.

Have lived in more than my fair share of shit holes though.

"At the moment I am living in a Salvation Army one bedroom flat. Ok at least it's a roof above my head and I am grateful for that.

What would you consider to be adequate accommodation?"

Shelter, warmth, bathroom and kitchen facilities are adequate enough I guess but you need to feel there's the potential to 'move up' unless of course you're happy where you are.

Makes me laugh when I think of how much effort we put into making some truly shitty places as nice as possible!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I do like where I live the only thing that makes me a bit is the fact that due to me moving about so much I don't have that many friends and it upsets me sometimes as I'm such a social butterfly

My house is like the house ebay built lol

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

We retired from the pub trade love living here in Poulton Le Fylde just look at it on the net very nice place nice people none of them have a clue about this side of our life

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

I'd love to move, currently in a flat with crappy windows and no central heating. Needs a bit of work before I can sell though

By *rank EinsteinMan  over a year ago

Burton upon stather

"

What would you consider to be adequate accommodation?"

Honestly I stick with wherever I lay my hat is my home.

I've been homeless, couch surfed, lived in shit flats with worse neighbours.

It's taught me to appreciate the little things though, a stocked cupboard, full belly and a warm place to sleep where you feel safe are all things you take for granted..... until you don't have them.

Shits so deep Adeles rolling in it

By *oe bloggs69Man  over a year ago

fife

Yep love it...at moment but as we all know things can change

I like where I live. I still live at home with parents. But it's rent free and good until I find my own place I can afford. As for the area I think it's perfect. My town has everything you need. I'm not far from beaches or the country side or Newcastle city. Everywhere is easy to get to from me

Id like to live down in Devon or thereabouts so if any lady takes a shine to me from there ...send me a message.......preferences apply

After living in more than my fair share of shitholes I mortgaged myself within an inch of my life. Ten years later I moved and upped my self certified mortgage to the point of insanity.

I now live in a lovely house in a lovely village with a stunning garden.

No holidays and the same car for fourteen years and working six or seven days a week but I love it

I gave up two houses when I left my husband. I live between my two daughters,depending on who needs me at the time. I love it obviously but I'm looking forward to going back to my own home. I like the area we live in,it's in between the city,the country and the sea

However it beats living on the streets of London which I have done...

By *oxylady45Woman  over a year ago

N. Ireland

I totally agree with Missnutella2014 I made a move based on temporary emotions , was a move I've regretted ever since .. I've tried to settle as regrets are something you can't go back and change . Hindsight is a great thing ..

I like it here.Central location, everywhere that matters is about an hour away. Good restaurants. A couple of theatres. No complaints.

I'm ten miles from a big town with loads of things to do. I live in the countryside in a house with nothing one side but five miles of fields and woodlands.

At night the only thing I can hear is nocturnal animals. I feel lucky and very grateful for it.

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

I love it here , on the coast , right next door to the lake district , and my house is ok , motorbikes in the dining room etc , what more could a man ask for

By *rcticFoxxxWoman  over a year ago

Hereabouts

[Removed by poster at 29/04/15 10:32:58]

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Living on top of the hills, winter is tricky, however the views and village are stunning.

Love where i live. Rural no traffic. Worked damn bloody hard to get it so enjoy it. Cant beat driving out of towns home from work to peace and quiet.

We are very comfortable where we are.

Countryside one side and a short hop on the tube into London.

Our high street has everything you could possibly need and is only 15 minutes walk away. Our local pub is great as well.

"I don't like the area I live in, my house is OK but I moved here with my job, I live in the community I work in and there are a lot of run down council estates round here, if I'm totally honest its why I do not accommodate because I don't want to be judged my the area I live in and you only have to read these forums to see people do"

Christ, don't worry about that.....I've lived in some dank dark shit holes in my time....I even lived in Scotland for a couple of years!

I moved here on a whim, it's nit the greatest, no particularly good pubs or restaurants and a fairly bland town. But I love it, 20 minutes from London on a fast train, much cheaper than living their and live on the edge of the town so only a few minutes from open countryside for running and cycling

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

After being homeless for over a year (I slept on an air mattress on my son's living room floor) I am so grateful to have my little studio flat. I love it.

Sometimes, I get a little down that I very little furniture (having to start from scratch sucks) but I am getting there.

I'm a countryside guy so living in a Valley where there are literally 1000's of houses so close together is a bit unsettling for me.

I long for the day I can return to my nearest neighbour is 7 miles away

I've got a great two-bedroom apartment in dubai, which I share with a flatmate. Sharing isn't the best but it's a way nicer flat than either of us could afford on our own. And we've made the apartment super nice, so I'm very happy with where I'm living.

By *horltzMan  over a year ago

heysham

"I'm a countryside guy so living in a Valley where there are literally 1000's of houses so close together is a bit unsettling for me.

I long for the day I can return to my nearest neighbour is 7 miles away "

Do you know the allotment fella off radio 2

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

I don't like my flat or the area I live in but hopefully if all falls in to place, I might be able to move in the next 18 months to a place of my choice. Hmmmmmm need to figure out where that is lol

"After being homeless for over a year (I slept on an air mattress on my son's living room floor) I am so grateful to have my little studio flat. I love it.

Sometimes, I get a little down that I very little furniture (having to start from scratch sucks) but I am getting there.

"

Chorley is crap, but at least it's in the middle of loads of decent towns so i can get away from here when i have cash. *hopes conservatives are booted out soon from this council so i can have cash again*

My house itself is alright i guess. Some of my immediate neighbours are crap, some are ok.

"I hate where I live. I should never have left the home I loved down in England.

Proof you should never make big decision's based on temporary emotions "

I like where I love in glasgows west end,but same here I miss living in Widnes at times,I might live in Scotland now but I'm very much span Englishman.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Love it here

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I love my house, and I love my area.

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

I love it here in Cheshire ,I was born in Handforth been here for 65 years .

Yep - I love my house most importantly the 4 walls and the roof keep me warm and dry. I'm sad for those out there that don't have such essentials.

Lived in wigan all my life yeah it's a shithole but it's my shithole got a nice 2 bed house with town on 1 side and country on the other and a 30 min ride to Blackpool or southport can't complain

"I love it here in Cheshire ,I was born in Handforth been here for 65 years . "

I lived in Wilmslow for 7 years....the most pretentious town I have ever seen except for Alderly edge

Where I live is ok the flat is roomy and enough room for me

The area is generally ok to occasionally issues but no more than other areas

I like where I live but everyone knows everything you do and everyone knows each other. nothing is secret

"After being homeless for over a year (I slept on an air mattress on my son's living room floor) I am so grateful to have my little studio flat. I love it.

"

Let me know what u need as I'm redoing my place. X

By *abes in the woodWoman  over a year ago

wales

i love it where i live quite only thing i got wish she move horrible neighbour one side

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I love where I live.. the only downside is that commuters park their cars so it's difficult to park outside my house... here

Simply put.....no, can't stand where we live, it was lack of options in the market that landed us with the house we're in. The housing market and lack of enough income means we're also stuck here for the foreseeable future too

Birmingham

"Yep - I love my house most importantly the 4 walls and the roof keep me warm and dry. I'm sad for those out there that don't have such essentials."

Don't be sad. Just send me your sofa.

Birmingham

Let me know what u need as I'm redoing my place. X"

Thank you. That's a lovely gesture.

Horns nearly new double bed going for grabs and will be a few duvet covers for starters

Let me know what u need as I'm redoing my place. X

Thank you. That's a lovely gesture. "

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Let me know what u need as I'm redoing my place. X"

Angel

"I don't like the area I live in, my house is OK but I moved here with my job, I live in the community I work in and there are a lot of run down council estates round here, if I'm totally honest its why I do not accommodate because I don't want to be judged my the area I live in and you only have to read these forums to see people do"

awwww i feel sad that you feel that way - i dont live in a particularly pleasant area - divorce made me unable to afford anything else- but this is where we meet if we can - those that judge us we wouldnt want to meet as they arent nice people inside - and those we have are lovely -

I live in a lovely area but the flat I'm in is too small. 50% of my stuff is in storage up north

By *erdita Von TeaseWoman  over a year ago

nottingham

Love it, tiny Cornish village, 20 mins one way to the coast and 25 mins the other way to dartmoor

"I live in a lovely area but the flat I'm in is too small. 50% of my stuff is in storage up north "

xxxxxxxxxx

By *ipswingCouple  over a year ago

portrush

love it ..thats why we here...

but then we lucky ..the Gods smiled...

I love where I live, the Cotswolds and Cheltenham are right on my doorstep. I'm surrounded by countryside and it's quiet. I know I'm very lucky.

I love it where I live. Nice and peaceful, despite being under the flight approach to a local airport and it's in a part of the world that I have always felt at home in.

First moved into the local area aged 16, so it's where I first 'spread my wings' and 'learned to fly'.

Moved out of the area on two occasions and never quite felt at home where I'd moved to so I came back.

I'll be staying put now

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Yes, we like it very much but will be moving soon for what will be our final home other than the nursing home.

Lived here for the past twenty five years and just paid the mortgage off so I guess we kinda like it.

By *eanut Butter CupWoman  over a year ago

B & M Bargains

Where I live suits my life right now. Walking distance to town, near the motorway, halfway between manchester and Liverpool. The only problem being that halfway means you're not close enough to either to enjoy a night out and just get a taxi home after

And Wigans shit so I wouldn't be going out there!

Would love to live central manchester but it's never going to happen

My house is the perfect size for me and the cats

"I love it here , on the coast , right next door to the lake district , and my house is ok , motorbikes in the dining room etc , what more could a man ask for "

More motorbikes!

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

The area I like, the building could be better.

I live on the coast, with a view of the sea pretty.

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

i hate where ive been for the last year.ive been very bored and isolated.

im very happy to be moving back to bournemouth in a few days .looking fwd to be able to ride my bike along the beach in the evenings..

somewhere warm dry ans safe with hot n cold water and a decent shower

Adequate for me would be clean,a bathroom and comfy bed,as long as I have my family I couldn't care less where I sleep.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I like living in Brighton, it's a happy sort of place with two universities so lots going on all year and always seems vibrant. Loads of independent shops and cafes - huge cafe culture. Open minded to a good degree. I like it.

Now I love my little flat - spend 10months in a poke little one bed temp flat with my child and found it incredible the amount of stuff he needed, now we live as a family in a two bed flat, it's just perfect for us as

» Add a new message to this topic