FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Blocked.......

Blocked.......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can't believe it messages a couple and the lady was stunning. They asked would I be ok to do unprotected. Just because I said is it essential they said and you wonder why singles can't get meets! And blocked me! How rude

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Can't believe it messages a couple and the lady was stunning. They asked would I be ok to do unprotected. Just because I said is it essential they said and you wonder why singles can't get meets! And blocked me! How rude "
suck it up n move on

from Femmefatale who loves her delete n block buttons

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

nowt queer as folk - at least you got messages!!!! lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Best off without them I'd say

Why is it rude ? You've all ascertained that you each do not suit the other...

"Why is it rude ? You've all ascertained that you each do not suit the other..."

Not the blocking in itself. But perhaps the reply.

I've been messaged and blocked in far ruder ways than that

evesham

"I've been messaged and blocked in far ruder ways than that "

its not a competition you know!!

Damn I thought I was doing okay

"Damn I thought I was doing okay "

Thought you preferred cheeky winkers

perv

ppl take things the wrong way and block you, hurts ur feelings,

"ppl take things the wrong way and block you, hurts ur feelings, "

Sweetie, this is not the site to be on if your delicate sensibilities are easy to upset! Don't let it get to you, they are never worth it xx

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

Not sure why people have an issue with the block function, if a couple contact us and we're clearly not compatible, we block them to save any confusion at a later stage, if people choose to block us, for whatever reason, fine, we've no issue with their decision

i dont,but when they say thing that are not true,it hurts

Even stunning ladies can carry STDs.

Is it really worth the risk just to shag a stunner?

"Not sure why people have an issue with the block function, if a couple contact us and we're clearly not compatible, we block them to save any confusion at a later stage, if people choose to block us, for whatever reason, fine, we've no issue with their decision "

Why block them? You haven't blocked every profile on this site who doesn't fit your criteria have you?

A polite 'no thanks' is sufficient and only then if they get nasty should the block function be employed.

I've found the 'totally ignore' fucntion works much better.

birmingham

"Why block them? You haven't blocked every profile on this site who doesn't fit your criteria have you?

"

Did you read my post?

I said:
"if a couple contact us and we're clearly not compatible, we block them to save any confusion at a later stage"

"Why block them? You haven't blocked every profile on this site who doesn't fit your criteria have you?

Did you read my post?

I said: if a couple contact us and we're clearly not compatible, we block them to save any confusion at a later stage

"

as wishyNsiren said,a polite no thanks is sufficient.blocking people is childish.

Did you read my post?

I said: if a couple contact us and we're clearly not compatible, we block them to save any confusion at a later stage

"

Yes, of course I read it. And I ask again.. have you blocked every profile on here that shows you to be clearly incompatible... to save any confusion at a later date?

Seems a little primadona'ish to me.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"

as wishyNsiren said,a polite no thanks is sufficient.blocking people is childish."

Really... what about when they contact you again the next week and the week after that and the one after that and the next and the next...

"

as wishyNsiren said,a polite no thanks is sufficient.blocking people is childish.

Really... what about when they contact you again the next week and the week after that and the one after that and the next and the next...

*nods head in agreement*

"

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

Did you read my post?

as wishyNsiren said,a polite no thanks is sufficient.blocking people is childish."

You never read their post either or just didn't understand it!

They block people so that they don't make a mistake and contact them again in the future when they are not compatible in the first place.

Not childish, just a choice on how they use the block feature the site has set up for us all to use as ad when we see fit!

Have to add though, my block list is empty, for now anyway.

"

"

I am with Polo on this one!

Some peeps have very short memories!

"

"

just delete the messages without repling,easy.you have already said no thanks once

birmingham

"as wishyNsiren said,a polite no thanks is sufficient.blocking people is childish."

How do you know we don't say "No thanks"?

The block function has been provided by the site owners, may those who have an issue with it should take their issue up with the site owners rather than referring to members who choose to use it as “Childish”

Tayside

"

just delete the messages without repling,easy.you have already said no thanks once"

Blocking them in the first place saves you even having to delete the messages seeing as they can't send you any.

Even easier!

"Really... what about when they contact you again the next week and the week after that and the one after that and the next and the next...

just delete the messages without repling,easy.you have already said no thanks once"

I wish it is that easy!

The reason why they try contacting you again is because they have forgotten about being declined in the past.

If one does not reply, she'll be labelled as rude and without courtesy etc...

Block is the most effective mean to prevent unwanted future contacts IMHO.

birmingham

"

"

Thank you Polo

We once had a couple re mail us weeks after informing them we're not compatible asking us if we'd changed our mind blocking those who have been informed we're not compatible prevents any further issues / contact.

I very rarely block people... but then I do like having the chance to send cutting replies to persistent knobheads.

But the block button is a function the site has provided all users with. If it is childish or primadona'ish to block people who you clearly have no interest in meeting, then what would that make the behaviour of whinging about being blocked by people who clearly don’t want to communicate with you?

Oh I just mass delete every couple of days, I don't even open mail unless from friends or from forumites.

First sentence says not meeting til December because of medical problems. Obviously my profile is not being read, not a problem, their mail not being red either!

"

Thank you Polo

We once had a couple re mail us weeks after informing them we're not compatible asking us if we'd changed our mind blocking those who have been informed we're not compatible prevents any further issues / contact."

I have had more than one couple message me weekly for a couple of months.... I am seeing how far I can push the replies before they take the hint.

I really wish I had said, "I could see two knobs in that picture." to a gent who got arsey with me when I declined him for the first time.

I replied something in the line of asking him to stick it where it does not shine, and I have had a lot better ones!

Now blocked, of course.

evesham

not had cause to blok many on this site due to rude/nasty messages thankfully.

Dating sites on the other hand are terrible for nasty messages. Sometimes the send nasty messages before i even tell them am not interested

I use the block function if the message is rude, graphic or just because I know we're not now or ever going to be compatible.

I think in the OP's case, it wasn't so much that he was blocked...but they could have just blocked and left it at that.

I think like most folk who make similar posts, the pissy bit isn't being blocked, it's the fact that they made an unnecessary comment and denied him a repose...that was a deliberate act and the block was used to ensure that the last word was had, nothing else. that is churlish...however, what can you do?

Tayside

".....

nothing else. that is churlish...however, what can you do?

"

Maybe start a forum complaining about it?

"I use the block function if the message is rude, graphic or just because I know we're not now or ever going to be compatible.

I think in the OP's case, it wasn't so much that he was blocked...but they could have just blocked and left it at that.

I think like most folk who make similar posts, the pissy bit isn't being blocked, it's the fact that they made an unnecessary comment and denied him a repose...that was a deliberate act and the block was used to ensure that the last word was had, nothing else. that is churlish...however, what can you do?

"

Get the pissing off comment in first

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Can't believe it messages a couple and the lady was stunning. They asked would I be ok to do unprotected. Just because I said is it essential they said and you wonder why singles can't get meets! And blocked me! How rude "

Choice

birmingham

"Seems a little primadona'ish to me"

Your opinion, which you're entitled to, then again, you don't know us, so what more could we expect?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I use the block function if the message is rude, graphic or just because I know we're not now or ever going to be compatible.

Get the pissing off comment in first "

Exactly !! way too slow the OP was

".....

nothing else. that is churlish...however, what can you do?

Maybe start a forum complaining about it? "

sir, we have a winner!

"Seems a little primadona'ish to me

Your opinion, which you're entitled to, then again, you don't know us, so what more could we expect?

"

Neither did the people you blocked but they thought they'd take the chance and see if there was any mutual ground. I guess they know now.

birmingham

"Neither did the people you blocked but they thought they'd take the chance and see if there was any mutual ground"

Mutual ground for what?

Our profile is very specific what we're looking for due to us being gay / bi, if people don't fit within our criteria what mutual ground are we expected to meet on?

When a couple contact us requesting a meet, if their profile states the male is "Straight" are we expected to meet on mutual ground?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am not sure what the problem is here......lots of people block others after they have decided they have nothing in common.

The block option is there for everyone to use as they wish.

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

I think you had a lucky escape hun.

Their profile obviously didn't say barebackers.........

Better to find out before hand, rather than get there, get down to it and then she refuses to let you put a condom on.

If you always play with condoms, finding out now was better than running for the hills with ya trousers round ya ankles and a 'stiffy.'

Not sure what the problem is with people being blocked ....

For example ...

We'd arranged last week, after more than enough emails to and fro, to meet a single guy. Saturday night we messaged him asking if things were ok for Sunday - No reply. Sunday morning, message read but still no reply ! Sunday lunch time still no reply, so user blocked and removed from friends list- end of story, not even a problem.

Now normally we'd not even bring this type of thing into the forums, but given that this is a thread about blocking, we have decided to do so....

Did the OP mention something about single guys not being able to get a meet ?

Right !!

Ha ha if you has said yes i bet they would have blocked you as well. Prob timewasters

"I've been messaged and blocked in far ruder ways than that "
me too mate

» Add a new message to this topic