FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is sex a physical need?

Is sex a physical need?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know I won't die without it but god, I really could do with some good sex soon!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think its equally physical and emotional but then women often do .

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Its not top of my hierarchy of needs, but I'd be sad if I couldn't have it any more.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes it is. I am sick of the school holidays and need some cock. Am sure it's more psychological than this though, for me anyway.

I don't need sex

I'm a nice person when I do get it though

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple  over a year ago

penrhiwceiber

Yes it is.especially with each other and other people

A bunch of sexy women all pleading for sex?!?! Have I died and gone to heaven?

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

I stop functioning when I don't have it so for me yes it is.

By *andy6677Man  over a year ago

crewe

"I know I won't die without it but god, I really could do with some good sex soon!!"

We all need good sex regularly keeps us young and happy xx

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

I'm even more of a grumpy sod if I don't get 'a fix'

It's a physical to psychological/emotional transfer mechanism. Now I just need a different dwarf so I'm feeling happy instead of grumpy for a change

By *ndykinkyMan  over a year ago

STOKE-ON-TRENT

Definitely a physical need.

Try going without for a bit !

I think it's pretty hardwired into us mentally.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Physical and mental need Yes

No. It isn't a need..it's nice when it happens..but then I'm not trying to appeal to anyone.

When i think it is i have a wank. Then it turns out it isn't.

Well, according to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, building intimate relationships and a sense of connection and closeness is a need, and I suppose sex has a lot to do with that. So on a mental & emotional level, yes sexual intimacy is a need.

(I did health & social care at college, we spent far too much time studying Maslow's hierarchy )

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman  over a year ago

West Midlands

I need it

I'm a diagnosed sex adict

So It's not my fault I need it's lol

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

Although extremely nice and lots of fun, sex is not a need.

[Removed by poster at 27/05/15 23:32:21]

But I think physically, sex is more of a want.

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

I need it Im so horny now yes its a need now bring me sum cock

When the throbbing starts, you try being a woman!

Her

"I know I won't die without it but god, I really could do with some good sex soon!!"

For me it's more mental/emotional.

If I go weeks without cumming it's physical too. I can get rid of the physical need on my own, but the mental/emotional side needs the build-up, the intensity, the fun, the closeness and the giving/sharing aspects which you can't get on your own.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Where's the disconnect between mind and body? Hormones and physical changes. Stimulated and stimulating the mind.

It's a want and not a necessity but it's close.

By *drogansMan  over a year ago

Bedford

For me it's a physical compulsion to fulfill an emotional need

By *aughtyinguMan  over a year ago

swindon

Having gone long periods without, its really difficult mentally to feel so unwanted. Last few girls damaged me good too

I don't need sex and I gone almost a year without it and its not a need. I can happily retire from it and become a true Ghandi, all I do is have a nice wank each night, love it

"I know I won't die without it but god, I really could do with some good sex soon!!

If I go weeks without cumming it's physical too. I can get rid of the physical need on my own, but the mental/emotional side needs the build-up, the intensity, the fun, the closeness and the giving/sharing aspects which you can't get on your own. "

I'd love to share it with you.

crewe

"I know I won't die without it but god, I really could do with some good sex soon!!

If I go weeks without cumming it's physical too. I can get rid of the physical need on my own, but the mental/emotional side needs the build-up, the intensity, the fun, the closeness and the giving/sharing aspects which you can't get on your own.

I'd love to share it with you."

Wouldnt turn that offer down xx

has there been a drought causing a shortage of single men while i slept?

on topic my guess is that at least having an orgasm once in a while is a physical need

No. I am perfectly happy to go without.

No I think it's a desire or something you want not a need like love and belonging. I have gone very long periods without throughout my adult life.

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

Yes very much so it makes me feel relaxed afterwards

Yes....yes.....yes....

That's why I make sure I get plenty. Always keep a few ladies "on tap" just in case...

The kids are off this week and normally by now I'm climbing the walls wanting sex but I think where I haven't been having regular sex my bodies got used to going without.....that doesn't mean I don't want sex I just know the next time I do it will be.worth having .....because I've waited

"The kids are off this week and normally by now I'm climbing the walls wanting sex but I think where I haven't been having regular sex my bodies got used to going without.....that doesn't mean I don't want sex I just know the next time I do it will be.worth having .....because I've waited "

Not too much pressure on the lucky man then.......

If someone was to say to me you HAVE to give up sex. (For what ever reason)

Then so be it.

I'd have to come off fab as I would be torturing myself.

"If someone was to say to me you HAVE to give up sex. (For what ever reason)

Then so be it.

"

You HAVE to give up sex

I love sex don't get me wrong, and when u meet someone who you connect with and the attraction is there and you meet a few times it gets better

but i can do without it when i have to

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Yes...

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

It is a physical need but I find a quick wanks sorts that need out...for a little while anyway.

Cumming doesn't leave me satisfied, so neither does wanking. Anyway this morning i don't need sex.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"I'm even more of a grumpy sod if I don't get 'a fix'

It's a physical to psychological/emotional transfer mechanism. Now I just need a different dwarf so I'm feeling happy instead of grumpy for a change "

I do feel a bit dopey afterwards....

"I don't need sex and I gone almost a year without it and its not a need. I can happily retire from it and become a true Ghandi, all I do is have a nice wank each night, love it "

But do you not miss the intimacy and affection that comes with sex shag?

I know I would!! Xx

By *eshzMan  over a year ago

I think its both physical and emotional, but personally if I can't connect with a person at a "mindset" level I rather not have it, it doesn't solve anything, infact it makes the entire healthy desire turn into a negative feeling of dissatisfied.

"I don't need sex and I gone almost a year without it and its not a need. I can happily retire from it and become a true Ghandi, all I do is have a nice wank each night, love it

I know I would!! Xx"

I think intimacy is a greater need than sex!

"I don't need sex and I gone almost a year without it and its not a need. I can happily retire from it and become a true Ghandi, all I do is have a nice wank each night, love it

I know I would!! Xx

I think intimacy is a greater need than sex!"

But sex is a very intimate thing.

Rotherham

I know I would!! Xx"

I do miss that intimacy and affection at times but I've spent most of my life without someone so you do learn to live without it.

I know I would!! Xx

I do miss that intimacy and affection at times but I've spent most of my life without someone so you do learn to live without it."

Howard, you deserve someone who makes you feel loved & special.

I know I would!! Xx

I think intimacy is a greater need than sex!

But sex is a very intimate thing."

Yes. But they're not necessarily the same thing.

I know I would!! Xx

I think intimacy is a greater need than sex!"

yep

Rotherham

I know I would!! Xx

I do miss that intimacy and affection at times but I've spent most of my life without someone so you do learn to live without it.

Howard, you deserve someone who makes you feel loved & special. "

Aw thanks beautiful

This borders on the philosophical for me. I guess you could say that only food, water and the ability to maintain your core temperature are the only true needs. Once we have those, everything else is a want. Sex and intimacy are both wants that recur again and again, its one of the motors that keeps humanity alive. Its matching up those wants with another that brings joy to each of us. Isn't everyone different in all their own glorious complexity?

"This borders on the philosophical for me. I guess you could say that only food, water and the ability to maintain your core temperature are the only true needs. Once we have those, everything else is a want. Sex and intimacy are both wants that recur again and again, its one of the motors that keeps humanity alive. Its matching up those wants with another that brings joy to each of us. Isn't everyone different in all their own glorious complexity? "

I don't like this division between needs and wants as it ends up promoting a fact-based view of life over a value-based one. For example, we might say that we need water, food and oxygen... but that we only want happiness, love, friendship, intimate sex, etc. This gives off the illusion that a life without the latter is a life... when I would argue that it isn't. I think it's important to recognise happiness, love and friendship as fundamental needs of all living things... and it only takes a cursory look at biology to recognise that, for many organisms, sex is a fundamental goal/factor in their existence too.

For me, I'd argue that intimate sex is the apex of finding acceptance and appreciation of who you are in the universe. It forms an important basis of a relationship... when it's good it demonstrates love... without this we sometimes need to fall back on the faith that someone loves us. Those are my thoughts anyway

" I don't like this division between needs and wants as it ends up promoting a fact-based view of life over a value-based one. For example, we might say that we need water, food and oxygen... but that we only want happiness, love, friendship, intimate sex, etc. This gives off the illusion that a life without the latter is a life... when I would argue that it isn't. I think it's important to recognise happiness, love and friendship as fundamental needs of all living things... and it only takes a cursory look at biology to recognise that, for many organisms, sex is a fundamental goal/factor in their existence too.

For me, I'd argue that intimate sex is the apex of finding acceptance and appreciation of who you are in the universe. It forms an important basis of a relationship... when it's good it demonstrates love... without this we sometimes need to fall back on the faith that someone loves us. Those are my thoughts anyway "

Unfortunately need and want are different words with overlapping meanings and this highlights the hazards of semantics, I was being very literal, whilst trying to look beyond that too. I don't think we are saying fundamentally different things

" I don't like this division between needs and wants as it ends up promoting a fact-based view of life over a value-based one. For example, we might say that we need water, food and oxygen... but that we only want happiness, love, friendship, intimate sex, etc. This gives off the illusion that a life without the latter is a life... when I would argue that it isn't. I think it's important to recognise happiness, love and friendship as fundamental needs of all living things... and it only takes a cursory look at biology to recognise that, for many organisms, sex is a fundamental goal/factor in their existence too.

For me, I'd argue that intimate sex is the apex of finding acceptance and appreciation of who you are in the universe. It forms an important basis of a relationship... when it's good it demonstrates love... without this we sometimes need to fall back on the faith that someone loves us. Those are my thoughts anyway

Unfortunately need and want are different words with overlapping meanings and this highlights the hazards of semantics, I was being very literal, whilst trying to look beyond that too. I don't think we are saying fundamentally different things "

Chemically we can crave things too, and our bodies encourage this for survival. Just to mix this all up a little.

I know I would!! Xx"

No I don't really. I gues it depends how much you get it I think? If you would everyday then yes you would miss it more I think.

"If someone was to say to me you HAVE to give up sex. (For what ever reason)

Then so be it.

You HAVE to give up sex "

Yea! That ain't going to work

I know I would!! Xx"

I don't there is intamcy with every sexual encounter.

I depends who I meet and what connection we have.

Same here.

Sex in itself probably isn't a physical need, but the connection, that spark between two...I would say yes.

Dosent have to be a relationship kinda connection/spark, as long as its there though makes sex better.

crewe

"Sex in itself probably isn't a physical need, but the connection, that spark between two...I would say yes.

Dosent have to be a relationship kinda connection/spark, as long as its there though makes sex better."

Ive found if there is a connection it is much better i think of it more of a no strings partnership both mutually satisfying and get the closeness like a relationship but no baggage or commitment.

hahah your wish is my command ! oj

"I stop functioning when I don't have it so for me yes it is. "
I get very bad tempered.. I've managed to learn some control now.. thanks to Mr... But I can get a complete bitch without it.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Has anyone ever died through need I g to have sex?

Yeah...probably...if he was waiting at his pc for a reply to a message on here lol

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

"I stop functioning when I don't have it so for me yes it is. I get very bad tempered.. I've managed to learn some control now.. thanks to Mr... But I can get a complete bitch without it.

"

My driving gets worse and erratic, I struggle to find words, loads of other symptoms too. I literally do stop functioning. Crazy!

By *gNeMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

It's a want rather than need, unless you have a sex addiction. Then it becomes a physical need. So for most on here yes it is!

» Add a new message to this topic