FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > football

football

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ev and Trev OP   Couple  over a year ago

cardiff

who should your club go and buy in january im a man utd fan we should go and buy at least 4 world class players pepe reina bastian sweinsteager lol owen hargreaves lol and phil jones of blackburn

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Are the ones you mentioned as well as the world class 4, or instead of?

Reina's too easily wound up, Hargreaves is crocked, Bastian's ok (but centre mid is hardly Utd's problem area).

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"who should your club go and buy in january im a man utd fan we should go and buy at least 4 world class players pepe reina bastian sweinsteager lol owen hargreaves lol and phil jones of blackburn "

Not a chance with the debt you lot have and what money you did have going to shrek to pay for hookers!

Pepe Riena is Liverpool's goalie and has let in loads this season already, so no we don't him.... and Owen Hargreaves is ALREADY a Manchester United player.

were okay as we are at the moment and were top of the table, wouldn't mind Messi though

By *randmrsfreakyCouple  over a year ago

alfreton near chesterfield

"who should your club go and buy in january im a man utd fan we should go and buy at least 4 world class players pepe reina bastian sweinsteager lol owen hargreaves lol and phil jones of blackburn "

Typical Man U fan, lives nowhere near Manchester and doesnt know who is already in the squad

"who should your club go and buy in january im a man utd fan we should go and buy at least 4 world class players pepe reina bastian sweinsteager lol owen hargreaves lol and phil jones of blackburn

Typical Man U fan, lives nowhere near Manchester and doesnt know who is already in the squad"

And that makes me what then? A non-typical Man Utd fan who DOES know who is in the squad?

"Pepe Riena is Liverpool's goalie and has let in loads this season already, so no we don't him.... and Owen Hargreaves is ALREADY a Manchester United player. "

Exactly what I thought .

Man U fans lol

By *randmrsfreakyCouple  over a year ago

alfreton near chesterfield

"who should your club go and buy in january im a man utd fan we should go and buy at least 4 world class players pepe reina bastian sweinsteager lol owen hargreaves lol and phil jones of blackburn

Typical Man U fan, lives nowhere near Manchester and doesnt know who is already in the squad

I dont know, does it?

And that makes me what then? A non-typical Man Utd fan who DOES know who is in the squad? "

cardiff

Its called sarcasm folks! Yes I know hargreaves is already a man utd player but he not played for abt a year!

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Typical Man U fan, lives nowhere near Manchester and doesnt know who is already in the squad"

Typical of small town thinking. Regurgitates lazy tabloid stereotype, ignores the City fan in stockport.

Manure cant afford players so fergie is gambling on buying no bodies and thinking he can work wonders. United are going to struggle now for the rest of fergies time in charge. They have no money to spend.

Manure cant afford players so fergie is gambling on buying no bodies and thinking he can work wonders. United are going to struggle now for the rest of fergies time in charge. They have no money to spend."

Never a truer word said. A club makes over 100mil and still turns in a loss after the debt repayment.

Ignores wet wimp in wilts as they dont play footie there.

As a lifelong United fan I enjoy reading posts from non-believers having a dig at the most successful English football team of the past 20 years. The jealousy of United pervades right through every post and all I feel like saying in response is:

READ IT AND WEAP LOSERRRRRRS!!

"As a lifelong United fan I enjoy reading posts from non-believers having a dig at the most successful English football team of the past 20 years. The jealousy of United pervades right through every post and all I feel like saying in response is:

READ IT AND WEAP LOSERRRRRRS!! "

I love United fans who HAVE to limit history to 20 years because if they don't they have to concede to being SECOND!

Or make it the last FIVE years......Ahh SECOND again

"were okay as we are at the moment and were top of the table, wouldn't mind Messi though "

your top below chelsea?

We need a few, but cash is not there.

dunno how anyone can just say they support a team from no where near where they live ..have no affiliation with them whatsoever.

its great to follow your local team with your mates

"As a lifelong United fan I enjoy reading posts from non-believers having a dig at the most successful English football team of the past 20 years. The jealousy of United pervades right through every post and all I feel like saying in response is:

I love United fans who HAVE to limit history to 20 years because if they don't they have to concede to being SECOND!

Or make it the last FIVE years......Ahh SECOND again "

1967 - FIRST British team to win European Cup.

98/99 - FIRST team to win League/FA Cup/European Championship Treble

98-99. 99-00, 00-01 - FIRST team to win THREE back to back titles.

United were the FIRST team to do 3 domestic doubles (94, 96, 99) (Arsenal have done three doubles but their third was in 2002)

2008 - FIRST English team to win FIFA Club World Cup (Liverpool LOST the final in 2005 to Sao Paulo)

~

As I said above..

READ IT AND WEAP!!

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

The thing is boys.....Isn't a real supporter someone who actually goes to the matches?

Anything else is just a fan isn't it?

Which is why I call myself a 'fan'. I don't have the time nor the money to trek to Manchester for every home match but I do go to match locally when United are visiting but I have to sit in the home supporters end and shut the fook up when United score lol.

[Removed by poster at 30/10/10 10:41:48]

Or make it the last FIVE years......Ahh SECOND again

1967 - FIRST British team to win European Cup.

98/99 - FIRST team to win League/FA Cup/European Championship Treble

98-99. 99-00, 00-01 - FIRST team to win THREE back to back titles.

United were the FIRST team to do 3 domestic doubles (94, 96, 99) (Arsenal have done three doubles but their third was in 2002)

2008 - FIRST English team to win FIFA Club World Cup (Liverpool LOST the final in 2005 to Sao Paulo)

~

As I said above..

READ IT AND WEAP!! "

Still SECOND! though! HURTS i will bet knowing with Chelsea and Man city stepping up you will be STOPPING SECOND

"Still SECOND though"

To whom?

We're level with Liverpool on League titles and Liverpool are 2 ahead on Euro Champs but they are 4 behind United in FA Cups.

Cheslea are fookin nowhere in terms of competing with Utd and Liverpool and The Arse are 5 behind in titles, 1 behind in FA Cups and have NEVER won the Euro Champs.

So, United are second to whom precisely?

Torquay

When my sons talk about 'Plastic' fans what are they referring to?

"Still SECOND though

To whom?

We're level with Liverpool on League titles and Liverpool are 2 ahead on Euro Champs but they are 4 behind United in FA Cups.

Cheslea are fookin nowhere in terms of competing with Utd and Liverpool and The Arse are 5 behind in titles, 1 behind in FA Cups and have NEVER won the Euro Champs.

"

Still SECOND in cups that matter and you know it.

"When my sons talk about 'Plastic' fans what are they referring to?"

Ones that do not attend matches but sit in an arm chair on a Saturday with beer in hand shouting at the TV.

Some of us ACTUALLY go to the match

There are only about 8 houses next to the grounds of mufc, so surely if people were meant to live near it to support them, they would have the smallest amount of supporters in the world.

I can never understand this "armchair" supporter mentality, people in Africa support mufc, does that make them not true supporters? surely its who ever you see as a role-model or as something to rally for.

Its a gaggle of men kicking a pig skin around does it really matter where you are when your watching them?? maybe your great aunt beryl went out with a mufc player in the 60's so you support them cos she does, who cares

Why do people have to constantly piss on others chips

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

I wouldnt know any of these blokes if I tripped over them.

Fekkin over paid wankers!

How can you justify paying one man a million pounds a month to play football?

AND they fall over if they trip on a daisy, fekkin powder-puff tossers.

And before you think this is a "rugby players are real men" rant, it aint.

Rugby players are much more physical, and I would much prefer to watch rugby than football, but for a REAL mans sport, you cant beat Lacrosse.

You can body-check, stick-hook, legswipe, and the only time a foul is called is if you turn your stick around and ram the end in through someones visor!!! Even then, its just a foul, no-one gets sent off, they just scrape the eyeball off the end of your stick, ram it back in the guys head, and even if they shoved it up his nose, rather than in the eye socket, he plays on lol!

Torquay

You justify the pay of top footballers because unlike sports like Lacrosse people turn up in their Tens of thousands to watch them play every week, when did you ever see anyone going into a sports shop and paying £40 for a Lacrosse shirt?

The income from Gate receipts, Skysports, Merchandise, Sponsorship etc. justifies the pay of the best players in the game because they are what brings the money in.

brecon

"You justify the pay of top footballers because unlike sports like Lacrosse people turn up in their Tens of thousands to watch them play every week, when did you ever see anyone going into a sports shop and paying £40 for a Lacrosse shirt?

The income from Gate receipts, Skysports, Merchandise, Sponsorship etc. justifies the pay of the best players in the game because they are what brings the money in."

Nah.... its ego.

I remember as a boy hearing about Trevor Francis being sold for a million pounds, and my Dad said then that "Now every footballer will want more because they equate cost with skill", basically "I think I am better than him, therefore I want more money".

What they are actually saying is, I want to be known as the most expensive player in the world.

Rooney has openly admitted he would never have left Man Utd, so it was all about the money, he had no loyalty to the fans, the club, or football.

brecon

I would much rather go down my local pitch on a weekend, and watch unpaid local guys play for the fun of it against other local teams, that to me would be a real supporter. I have no idea what league, or whatever, the local teams play in, but there is no ticket to buy, no pay for the players, and about 100 - 200 people watching.

There is no crowd trouble, no prima donnas on the pitch, very little dissent to the ref, and a great sense of fun and fair play.

Celtic were first BRITISH team to win Euro cup. Not Manky Utd. They won it in '68..Celtic in '67..!!!!

"Celtic were first BRITISH team to win Euro cup. Not Manky Utd. They won it in '68..Celtic in '67..!!!!"

Noted. Apologies. United were the first ENGLISH team to win the European Cup and tbh, who gives a stuff about the jocks except the jocks.

"Still SECOND though

To whom?

"

take a look at IFFHS and check out the top ten clubs in european history

United are not in the top ten Liverpool ranked 8th !!!

nuff said

"Still SECOND though

To whom?

take a look at IFFHS and check out the top ten clubs in european history

United are not in the top ten Liverpool ranked 8th !!!

nuff said

"

I'm not sure what IFFHS you were looking at but the one I found has United in 2nd post behind Barcelona and Arsenal in 8th spot. Chelsea 10th and Liverpool 11th.

http://www.iffhs.de/?3d4d443d0b803e8b40384c00205fdcdc3bfcdc0aec70aeedbe1a

"You justify the pay of top footballers because unlike sports like Lacrosse people turn up in their Tens of thousands to watch them play every week, when did you ever see anyone going into a sports shop and paying £40 for a Lacrosse shirt?

The income from Gate receipts, Skysports, Merchandise, Sponsorship etc. justifies the pay of the best players in the game because they are what brings the money in."

can we just add that if the likes of rooney didnt get it..or gerrard..or barton or whoever it would only line the pockets of greedy owners like our own mr ashley or the glazers...even the dildo salesman now presiding over west ham!!

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

worry about who we should buy after the derby game 2morrow

READ IT AND WEAP LOSERRRRRRS!! "

you a season ticket holder? nah i didnt think so. your just another prawn sandwitch brigade wannabee.lol. love it

you a season ticket holder? nah i didnt think so. your just another prawn sandwitch brigade wannabee.lol. love it"

Ah right, so every serious football supporter is a season ticket holder of the club they support.

* does quick mental arithmatic *

20m 'supporters' / 20 Prem Club = 1m supporters per club (average of course as we all know nobody supports Wigan)

1 million supporters do NOT fit into a stadium with a capacity of approx 50,000.

Take your twattish comments and do one pal.

By *aptain smilesMan  over a year ago

brewood

Football , Who cares !

" Football , Who cares ! "

Lots of people. Can't name them all on here though. Its not allowed.

By *aptain smilesMan  over a year ago

brewood

" Football , Who cares !

Lots of people. Can't name them all on here though. Its not allowed. "

Go on , bend the rules

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Celtic were first BRITISH team to win Euro cup. Not Manky Utd. They won it in '68..Celtic in '67..!!!!

Noted. Apologies. United were the first ENGLISH team to win the European Cup and tbh, who gives a stuff about the jocks except the jocks. "

nobody cares about the jocks,but they still knocked you's into second place again.liverpool are by far,the most succesfull british team in europe.

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

i think that man utd won lots of supporters from other areas of the country other than mancs when the munich air crash hit everyones soft spot and the england team as well as man utd lost the busby babes.

i think man city were the original manchester team and that united were imported from outside the city?,did they not used to play in green & yellow in those far off days?

"i think that man utd won lots of supporters from other areas of the country other than mancs when the munich air crash hit everyones soft spot and the england team as well as man utd lost the busby babes.

i think man city were the original manchester team and that united were imported from outside the city?,did they not used to play in green & yellow in those far off days? "

MANCHESTER UNITED

=================

They were known as Newton Heath LYR Football Club and were founded by the Carriage and Wagon department of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway depot at Newton Heath in 1878, the club changed its name to Manchester United in 1902 and moved to Old Trafford in 1910. The team initially played games against other departments and rail companies, but by 1888 the club had become a founding member of The Combination, a regional football league. However, following the league's dissolution after just one season, Newton Heath joined the newly formed Football Alliance, which ran for three seasons before being merged with the Football League. This resulted in the club starting the 1892–93 season in the First Division, by which time it had become independent of the rail company and dropped the "LYR" from its name.

The green and yellow scarves worn by some supporters at matches today in protest at the Glazer family's ownership of the club were the club's colours when they were known as Newton Heath.

~

Manchester City

===============

It is widely accepted that Manchester City F.C. was founded as St. Mark's (West Gorton) in 1880 by Anna Connell and two churchwardens of St. Mark's Church, in Gorton, a district in east Manchester. Prior to this, St. Mark's played cricket from 1875 and the side evolved out of that cricket team – the key organiser was Church Warden William Beastow. In 1887, they moved to a new ground at Hyde Road, in Ardwick just to the east of the city centre, and were renamed Ardwick Association Football Club to reflect their new location. Ardwick joined the Football League as founding members of the Second Division in 1892. Financial troubles in the 1893–94 season led to a reorganisation within the club, and Ardwick were reformed as Manchester City Football Club.

as a Chelsea fan I tried to think who we would NEED to add to our squad to win the premiership again this season and the Champions League. simple answer? no one. as for liverpool and man u fans crowing over past glories..history means fuck all

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

regarding history:how many teams from south of birmingham have won the european champions league or its predesessor?,i know of two midlands teams,aston villa and nottingham forest,two from the north west,liverpool and man utd,one scots team celtic have won it too!,but i cannot find a mention of chelsea,arsenal nor spurs of ever winning and being crowned european club champions!,is this correct?.

hi who would want to go to manchester united with all that debt they are winning things by being in debt. at least with liverpool we are now debt free yippee as for reina he would never go to man utd

By *ast and modifiedCouple  over a year ago

near glasgow

you really need a goalkeeper,van der sar now 40.most consistant goalie just now is alan mc gregor of rangers and im a celtic supporter

cardiff

"who should your club go and buy in january im a man utd fan we should go and buy at least 4 world class players pepe reina bastian sweinsteager lol owen hargreaves lol and phil jones of blackburn you really need a goalkeeper,van der sar now 40.most consistant goalie just now is alan mc gregor of rangers and im a celtic supporter"

we do need a keeper but not sure who we would go for tho but you are right mcgregor is a very good keeper. glad to see that that some fans can praise their rivals. id love us to sign joe hart think he is awesome. i started this thread as a bit of fun but some people take it to seriously dont think ill bother again lol

I agree, Hart would be a great signing but I can't see it happening.

I hear that the city of manchester stadium is haunted by a ghost.......rumour has it their trophy cleaner died of boredom

"I agree, Hart would be a great signing but I can't see it happening. "

As is the case with 'Pepe'. Hands off

Ha'way the lads,,,,ohhhh dear me... I do hope there aint gonna be any twubble....yikes....

» Add a new message to this topic