FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Greece latest: Greek debt

Greece latest: Greek debt

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So the debt is back on the agenda, when haven't it been? Is it possible for Greece to even clear it and do they got a payment plan sorted?

They warned Greece’s that their eu membership is still on until a bailout is agreed. Is there a time period for them to clear it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

These debts won't be paid, ever. It's not even possible that every country is financially indebted to other countries and the people had no say in this.

The only people who can truly be in debt are the borrowers, i borrowed nothing. Nobody i know did either. And this is exactly why i'm not nationalist, it doesn't benefit me to be so, it benefits others.

Once we denouce governments power and don't allow them to have any, well i'd like to see who fucking pays for their debts then.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I wonder if they've got anything that they could sell to Cash for Gold (other robbing bast**ds are available)?

The EU stance is about getting fully repaid. It's about Greece firstly applying basic procedures for running a modern country somewhere within it's means, eg collecting due taxes, not retiring at 52 on ludicrous Govt pensions, not having 100 public servants where 10 would suffice etc.

Once these are in place and working, the level of debt and any haircut can be considered.

Sorry, isn't about ...

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"So the debt is back on the agenda, when haven't it been? Is it possible for Greece to even clear it and do they got a payment plan sorted?

They warned Greece’s that their eu membership is still on until a bailout is agreed. Is there a time period for them to clear it?"

Best thing for Greece to do is tell the EU to get fucked, leave the euro and leave the EU. Then Britain should also leave when we have our referendum.

"So the debt is back on the agenda, when haven't it been? Is it possible for Greece to even clear it and do they got a payment plan sorted?

They warned Greece’s that their eu membership is still on until a bailout is agreed. Is there a time period for them to clear it?

Best thing for Greece to do is tell the EU to get fucked, leave the euro and leave the EU. Then Britain should also leave when we have our referendum. "

Have the tried Wonga or Cash converters?

How comes everyone else doesn't have to fully repay their debts? (As you can see I know nothing about politics and world economy)

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

The new minister of finance will sort it out Mr Iousus.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"These debts won't be paid, ever. It's not even possible that every country is financially indebted to other countries and the people had no say in this.

The only people who can truly be in debt are the borrowers, i borrowed nothing. Nobody i know did either. And this is exactly why i'm not nationalist, it doesn't benefit me to be so, it benefits others.

Once we denouce governments power and don't allow them to have any, well i'd like to see who fucking pays for their debts then."

Governments borrow money on your behalf to pay for the school you were taught in the roads you got there on, the hospital that treats you when your are ill and the pension you get when you retire,and a whole load of other stuff as well, not saying they dont waste much of the money mind, so yes you are a borrower

Best thing for Greece to do is tell the EU to get fucked, leave the euro and leave the EU. Then Britain should also leave when we have our referendum. "

How could anyone not agree with that? Leave them with a worthless drachma, totally unable to finance themselves in the money markets, a totally disastrous run on their banks and a complete humanitarian disaster , run away inflation as well as no way to fund pensions growth or anything else. Then let the Greek government confiscate euros from bank accounts and replace them with worthless drachma. All because some people believe it would be a poke in the eye for the euro and the EU. Let's sponsor a total humanitarian disaster in Greece to satisfy some cheap and ill thought through political statement. Complete nonsense

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

By *picyspiregirlCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

Best thing for Greece to do is tell the EU to get fucked, leave the euro and leave the EU. Then Britain should also leave when we have our referendum.

"

Theres poor children starving in this country still and people give a crap about Greece? Throw them out the Euro, good riddance

How could anyone not agree with that? Leave them with a worthless drachma, totally unable to finance themselves in the money markets, a totally disastrous run on their banks and a complete humanitarian disaster , run away inflation as well as no way to fund pensions growth or anything else. Then let the Greek government confiscate euros from bank accounts and replace them with worthless drachma. All because some people believe it would be a poke in the eye for the euro and the EU. Let's sponsor a total humanitarian disaster in Greece to satisfy some cheap and ill thought through political statement. Complete nonsense "

And the Euro has helped Greece how?

By *aughtyinguMan  over a year ago

swindon

I think this will run and run, as eu seems tone being stupid about this, its a shame those who cooked the books haven't been put in court, and the austerity measures didn't seem to work before.

I was pro eu before but watching this unfold I'm on the fence now :/

How could anyone not agree with that? Leave them with a worthless drachma, totally unable to finance themselves in the money markets, a totally disastrous run on their banks and a complete humanitarian disaster , run away inflation as well as no way to fund pensions growth or anything else. Then let the Greek government confiscate euros from bank accounts and replace them with worthless drachma. All because some people believe it would be a poke in the eye for the euro and the EU. Let's sponsor a total humanitarian disaster in Greece to satisfy some cheap and ill thought through political statement. Complete nonsense

And the Euro has helped Greece how?

"

That's a pointless question since the euro is there and what matters is the consequences of sticking with it or changing it. Perhaps you can tell us how the drachma will help instead?

Then you can tell us why you wrote this above " It's about Greece firstly applying basic procedures for running a modern country somewhere within it's means, eg collecting due taxes, not retiring at 52 on ludicrous Govt pensions, not having 100 public servants where 10 would suffice etc.."

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"

Governments borrow money on your behalf to pay for the school you were taught in the roads you got there on, the hospital that treats you when your are ill and the pension you get when you retire,and a whole load of other stuff as well, not saying they dont waste much of the money mind, so yes you are a borrower "

Thank goodness, the first intelligent comment in this thread. Given some of the comments I have read, our governments should have invested considerably more money in Education!!

Cannock

How could anyone not agree with that? Leave them with a worthless drachma, totally unable to finance themselves in the money markets, a totally disastrous run on their banks and a complete humanitarian disaster , run away inflation as well as no way to fund pensions growth or anything else. Then let the Greek government confiscate euros from bank accounts and replace them with worthless drachma. All because some people believe it would be a poke in the eye for the euro and the EU. Let's sponsor a total humanitarian disaster in Greece to satisfy some cheap and ill thought through political statement. Complete nonsense "

Seems your opinion is the minority opinion on this thread.

Cannock

"I think this will run and run, as eu seems tone being stupid about this, its a shame those who cooked the books haven't been put in court, and the austerity measures didn't seem to work before.

I was pro eu before but watching this unfold I'm on the fence now :/"

Greece is a clear warning of what could happen to us at some stage if we keep handing more and more powers over to Brussels. This has been a wake up call to a lot of people and I think the momentum from the Greek fallout will hopefully sway people to vote out when we have our own referendum of EU membership.

Cannock

Seems your opinion is the minority opinion on this thread. "

Plus you failed to mention there was talk of Russia and China stepping in to help Greece out if they left the euro and the EU. So all of what you just wrote is complete nonsense.

"These debts won't be paid, ever. It's not even possible that every country is financially indebted to other countries and the people had no say in this.

Once we denouce governments power and don't allow them to have any, well i'd like to see who fucking pays for their debts then.

Governments borrow money on your behalf to pay for the school you were taught in the roads you got there on, the hospital that treats you when your are ill and the pension you get when you retire,and a whole load of other stuff as well, not saying they dont waste much of the money mind, so yes you are a borrower "

Oh, so it isn't paid for by the copious amount of tax that YOU paid then? Interesting post

Cannock

Governments borrow money on your behalf to pay for the school you were taught in the roads you got there on, the hospital that treats you when your are ill and the pension you get when you retire,and a whole load of other stuff as well, not saying they dont waste much of the money mind, so yes you are a borrower

Oh, so it isn't paid for by the copious amount of tax that YOU paid then? Interesting post "

plus the British government has not always been in debt, we do get our economy in the black sometimes and run a surplus, it just seems to be Labour governments who consistently get us in debt and leave our economy in the red.

Seems your opinion is the minority opinion on this thread.

Plus you failed to mention there was talk of Russia and China stepping in to help Greece out if they left the euro and the EU. So all of what you just wrote is complete nonsense. "

Talk. Ukip central office is telling you that that will buy greece out of trouble now is it? As they say talk is cheap. When it comes to refinancing a country you might hear a lot of talk but not see any money. You keep on spouting head office nonsense, it makes you happy even if it bears no resemblance to the real world.

"I think this will run and run, as eu seems tone being stupid about this, its a shame those who cooked the books haven't been put in court, and the austerity measures didn't seem to work before.

I was pro eu before but watching this unfold I'm on the fence now :/

Greece is a clear warning of what could happen to us at some stage if we keep handing more and more powers over to Brussels. This has been a wake up call to a lot of people and I think the momentum from the Greek fallout will hopefully sway people to vote out when we have our own referendum of EU membership. "

It seems to be a clear warning that if you lie to your people and to your international partners about your economy it will come home to roost. It's a clear warning that if you let national debt get out of balance with income, make pension promises you can't keep and fail to collect taxes you're heading for trouble. The only other thing that's clear is that the euro zone have gone to great efforts to bail greece out on the condition that they run their economy sensibly.

Let's get one thing straight pro/euro anti/euro brigade.

Nobody gives a fuck about Greece!

The anti euro people have the perfect agenda for propaganda with the Greek calamity

The pro euro people are even fucking worse you bunch of hypocrites, all this bollocks you've been spouting for years about European unity... You've bailed nobody out but your bleeding banks, if you were even remotely interested in helping Greece out of the insuring tragedy I could pat you on the back for effort but all there actually interested in, is the preservation of their precious baby the euro and stopping a run on your own banks! .....

Because the real calamity is Deutsche bank going bust not Greece

"Let's get one thing straight pro/euro anti/euro brigade.

Nobody gives a fuck about Greece!

The anti euro people have the perfect agenda for propaganda with the Greek calamity

The pro euro people are even fucking worse you bunch of hypocrites, all this bollocks you've been spouting for years about European unity... You've bailed nobody out but your bleeding banks, if you were even remotely interested in helping Greece out of the insuring tragedy I could pat you on the back for effort but all there actually interested in, is the preservation of their precious baby the euro and stopping a run on your own banks! .....

Because the real calamity is Deutsche bank going bust not Greece

"

who got out of bed the wrong side this morning? You've lightened up on your doom and gloom forecast since the "greece is sticking two fingers up at the eurozone" thread.

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"

Theres poor children starving in this country still and people give a crap about Greece? Throw them out the Euro, good riddance"

Is there ? Where ?

» Add a new message to this topic