FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > domestic violence

domestic violence

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

People suspected of domestic violence could be banned from their homes for up to 28 days - even if there isn't enough evidence to charge them.

The new rules are going to be tested next year. What do you think? Have you ever been a victim of domestic violence? Would you report it if you knew it was happening? Let us know.

it's about time they doing this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Welll now.... what will the good folk on Jeremy Kyle have to talk about if they have to worry about not being able to go home for 28 days after the show.

Oooowwww 28 days later!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can feel a new 28 days later film coming on

I think its a good thing, perhaps get people to calm down and see the error of their ways. There would have to be clear guidelines though. Does a slight push deem the same 28 day ban from the home as a punch to the face and 3 ribs broken kind of violence

Domestic violence doesn't always consist of a spouse being hit, it can also take on the form of mental abuse, which is just as damaging, I suffered this for over 5 years, until I finally found a way to escape, my health has suffered greatly and many of the effects are permanent, most victims do not need the antagonist to be removed for 28 days to calm down, they need help to have them removed permanently or help in getting out of the situation they are in, which believe me is not easy to find!

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

i think its a bit steep being chucked out for 28 days

there should be a sliding scale where if the violence is a mere slap with open hand etc a warning should suffice

if however the violence involves teeth knocked out or broken bones , mayby 3 strikes and your out , so on the third act of violence being proved its out in the cold for 28 days

i put up with a sad pathetic bully of a man for 5 years it was only when he thre mw down the stairs whilst 6 minths pregnant i knew i had to go , i dont think it will work i have had a friend whos hubby was meant to stay away from the home and what happened he waited untill it was dark and she let him in .

for this to work the abused has to WANT to get the abuser out . i dont know how on earth they would be able to enforce it

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

A male friend of mine was emotionally abused and also physically when she could get away with it. She cried rape when he refused her sex and got on her nerves when they seperated for about the 15th time. It is hard to prove I expect and get the person to confront it and then take actions to deal with it. So what if it is only people suspecting it is happeneing and not proven, how mnay wrongs will be done but then on the other hand hopefully it may help some but i guess not as those that do abuse in some form or other should be removed totally

It would be great for the real cases but some people will misuse it to get rid of unwanted partners.

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

"People suspected of domestic violence could be banned from their homes for up to 28 days - even if there isn't enough evidence to charge them.

The new rules are going to be tested next year. What do you think? Have you ever been a victim of domestic violence? Would you report it if you knew it was happening? Let us know.

it's about time they doing this"

The scary part of that is the part where they will b out for 28 days even if there isnt enuff evidence .... Open to missuse by vindictive people so for me its a no unless there is proof what ever happened to innocent until proved guilty

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I am also concerned about the not enough evidence. It would easily be open to abuse by some very vindictive people and the ones that are seriously abused wont be treated how they should.

Also many women who are constantly abused dont tell the police.

Having been in an extremely violent relationship for four years when i was younger to the point he nearly killed me i cant decide if this will be a good or bad thing

By *nothercoupleCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Three strikes??????? Lock em UP on the second strike, never mind lock em out!

Never had to encounter domestic violence, but couldn't this make the perpetrator worse, would imagine that people with serious anger management problems might just go over the edge and do something a lot more serious.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

It's the 'suspected' bit which gets me.... some immature skank reporting their partner after a minor tif just to get one over on them... I am just imagining the 'Meet Today' posts.

"Can accom anytime over the next 4 weeks"

By *oDownEasyMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

This is so open to abuse(no pun intended) There HAS to be proper evidence, otherwise people will get kicked out of houses,possibly losing jobs, on a whim.

And it wont break the cycle of abuse.When I stated in the legal profession,working in East London,so many times I would spend hours getting papers prepared, getting an injunction from a Judge to get an abusive partner out of the house under threat of arrest(and using proper legal procedures & evidence,before a proper Judge, not just crying on a sympathetic WPC's shoulder) only to come back ina week's time for them to be all loved up again.Of course a month later I was back in court again!

Without proper suppport & safety measures for the abused, any system is going to struggle.

I thin k if it's proved it should be straight to prison and not just banned from the home for 28 days....what good is that going to do? They will only come home after and be even worse!

Yes I do know this for sure as my husband abused me, mentally and physically, it ended with him really trying to kill me. I managed to fight him off but was in hospital for a while with broken jaw and crushed windpipe. I'd lost count of the amount of broken bones I had during the marriage

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

There is never any excuse for domestic violence, walk away when things become overheated, permenantly if need be.

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

i knew a lady in a violent relationship.. but it went both ways.. 28 days dont do nothing.. dont think there is an answer unless the seperate perminent...

One strike is enough

second time could be death the lasting effects of it are lethal

police now have the right to press charges upon report of any incident claiming domestic abuse

Sometimes it hard to tell someone just how bad things are, Hard person on the outside an empty shell inside this would give victims breathing space away from their abuser to feel safe and protected and have the chance to seek some help

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 25/11/10 18:16:09]

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

till the age of 10, we all lived together mum, dad sister and I... dad was an alcholic but he was violent once, he pushed my mum down stairs, luckily she wasn't hurt..

she packed up my sister and I and drove from Cumbria to Scotland that night.

we never went back.

one strike and they should be out.

"People suspected of domestic violence could be banned from their homes for up to 28 days - even if there isn't enough evidence to charge them.

it's about time they doing this

The scary part of that is the part where they will b out for 28 days even if there isnt enuff evidence .... Open to missuse by vindictive people so for me its a no unless there is proof what ever happened to innocent until proved guilty "

It's not quite how the Tories have spun it. The initial ban from their homes is only for 48 hours - a sort of cooling-off period after which a court will decide if a longer ban is appropriate and how long that ban will be.

I wonder just how often this will be used and how effectve it'll be. A court order banning someone from their home probably means they count as 'statutorily homeless' which places an obligation on the local authority to rehouse them.

» Add a new message to this topic