FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Moon

Moon

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If you look at the moon tonight, think of this.

Think of how many people around the world and throughout history, have looked up at the moon. What has happened under that moon over the past 4.5 Billion years. How many lives have come into existence and left again, the Dinosaurs, the volcanic eruptions, the wars, the tears and laughter, the prayers and songs, the sunrises and sunsets. Under one moon in an immeasurable universe, a movement of energy with no time or space, no division, no division between you and the moon, between you and the immeasurable.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucky1Man  over a year ago

a straightjacket

Wow thats a bit deep for a big ball of cheese in space

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

It is thought that the Moon was formed when a proto-planet about the size of Mars collided with the early Earth around 4.5bn years ago.

The debris left over from impact coalesced to form the Moon.

"Wow thats a bit deep for a big ball of cheese in space "

Actually, it's not made of cheese, Nick Park got it wrong.

"It is thought that the Moon was formed when a proto-planet about the size of Mars collided with the early Earth around 4.5bn years ago.

"

It's all energy man.

By *1paljungMan  over a year ago

Richmond

La Bella Luna!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

And the moon was once much closer to earth but it's moving away.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I feel sorry for the moon

It looks like it's had a right battering over the years, full of holes and craters....yes I'm that sad I spent an evening observing and counting them

"I feel sorry for the moon

It looks like it's had a right battering over the years, full of holes and craters....yes I'm that sad I spent an evening observing and counting them "

Nothing wrong with that, I've sat on top of Mountains and looked at the star for hours, it's how we find our depth.

Glastonbury

"And the moon was once much closer to earth but it's moving away."

On early Earth, when the Moon was newly formed, days were five hours long, but with the Moon's braking effect operating on the Earth for the last 4.5bn years, days have slowed down to the 24 hours that we are familiar with now, and they will continue to slow down in the future.

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

"And the moon was once much closer to earth but it's moving away."

Arnt we all

Stars frustrate me! I want a more powerful telescope for them, the one I've got just doesn't cut it, it's only a cheap one.

Although a few weeks ago I was convinced I was looking at Saturn and then the fucker went behind some clouds

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

It looks like it's had a right battering over the years, full of holes and craters....yes I'm that sad I spent an evening observing and counting them "

You'd be battered and full of holes and craters if you'd had the Clangers and the Soup Dragon living on you

"Stars frustrate me! I want a more powerful telescope for them, the one I've got just doesn't cut it, it's only a cheap one.

Although a few weeks ago I was convinced I was looking at Saturn and then the fucker went behind some clouds "

I don't have a telescope, I just stargaze, light pollution is a problem in the UK, and lots of other places, best i remember was in the Pyrenees about 16 years ago.

london

"And the moon was once much closer to earth but it's moving away.

On early Earth, when the Moon was newly formed, days were five hours long, but with the Moon's braking effect operating on the Earth for the last 4.5bn years, days have slowed down to the 24 hours that we are familiar with now, and they will continue to slow down in the future."

Im on the old contract: 5 days on 3 days off but with lengthening days reckon im owed quite a bit of overtime.]

Glastonbury

On early Earth, when the Moon was newly formed, days were five hours long, but with the Moon's braking effect operating on the Earth for the last 4.5bn years, days have slowed down to the 24 hours that we are familiar with now, and they will continue to slow down in the future.

Im on the old contract: 5 days on 3 days off but with lengthening days reckon im owed quite a bit of overtime.]"

A very old contract, methinks?

By *rtemisiaWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

It looks like it's had a right battering over the years, full of holes and craters....yes I'm that sad I spent an evening observing and counting them

Nothing wrong with that, I've sat on top of Mountains and looked at the star for hours, it's how we find our depth. "

Yet curiously enough, at such times, that depth and solace is found through a profound awareness of our own insignificance.

london

Im on the old contract: 5 days on 3 days off but with lengthening days reckon im owed quite a bit of overtime.]

A very old contract, methinks?"

Was importing species to populate the earth then some cunt put a scientoligist in crate labelled scientists

]

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Stars frustrate me! I want a more powerful telescope for them, the one I've got just doesn't cut it, it's only a cheap one.

Although a few weeks ago I was convinced I was looking at Saturn and then the fucker went behind some clouds

I don't have a telescope, I just stargaze, light pollution is a problem in the UK, and lots of other places, best i remember was in the Pyrenees about 16 years ago."

That's why I sold mine, I had a 6" reflector and used to live out in the sticks, but when I moved to the city centre, I had neither the space (pardon the pun) nor the unpolluted sky to use it

london

I don't have a telescope, I just stargaze, light pollution is a problem in the UK, and lots of other places, best i remember was in the Pyrenees about 16 years ago.

That's why I sold mine, I had a 6" reflector and used to live out in the sticks, but when I moved to the city centre, I had neither the space (pardon the pun) nor the unpolluted sky to use it "

A 6" reflector! You must have spent a long while polishing it

]

"It is thought that the Moon was formed when a proto-planet about the size of Mars collided with the early Earth around 4.5bn years ago.

"

And that's why I'm half in love with you

By *icky999Man  over a year ago

warrington

"It is thought that the Moon was formed when a proto-planet about the size of Mars collided with the early Earth around 4.5thousand years ago.

"

bless you child.

By *sianmale89Man  over a year ago

Stockport

I might just peep at it to see it for a few mins before going to bed as blood moon is only supposedly once in every 30 years..

Glastonbury

"It is thought that the Moon was formed when a proto-planet about the size of Mars collided with the early Earth around 4.5thousand years ago.

bless you child."

You have misquoted me :P

london

bless you child.

You have misquoted me :P"

You should always get 3 quotes]

warrington

bless you child.

You should always get 3 quotes]"

one for your own records, one for the editor and one to burn so the illuminati doesnt know what your upto

london

bless you child.

one for your own records, one for the editor and one to burn so the illuminati doesnt know what your upto "

If the illuminati are that fucking powerful how come the moons going dark?

]

warrington

bless you child.

one for your own records, one for the editor and one to burn so the illuminati doesnt know what your upto

]"

they turned the sun off?

london

bless you child.

]

they turned the sun off? "

Only News of the World so far

]

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

Just like my fat arse then!

Just like my fat arse then! "

That what I love about this site people the randomness things love it lmao

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

just been outside to see it, its half eclipsed at the moment..full eclipse supposed to be at 3: 47am or thereabouts..xx

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Can see it out of the window from where I'm sitting

I can't even find it! The curse of urban life.

Wow its amazing the sky is full of stars

"Wow its amazing the sky is full of stars "

Its earth shadow it what we are seeing

I've got some nice pics of it

"If you look at the moon tonight, think of this.

Think of how many people around the world and throughout history, have looked up at the moon. What has happened under that moon over the past 4.5 Billion years. How many lives have come into existence and left again, the Dinosaurs, the volcanic eruptions, the wars, the tears and laughter, the prayers and songs, the sunrises and sunsets. Under one moon in an immeasurable universe, a movement of energy with no time or space, no division, no division between you and the moon, between you and the immeasurable. "

4.5 billion years ago, mankind been around couple few thousand years so how have we come up 4.5 billion.

By *wingflingscotMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

With all the light pollution that comes with urban life what used to be a delight, star and moon gazing, has lost some of its shine and sparkle. My last brilliant night gaze at the stars was when I left a country swinger club at midnight and the beauty of the heavens were there for all to see.

Nothing wrong with that, I've sat on top of Mountains and looked at the star for hours, it's how we find our depth.

Yet curiously enough, at such times, that depth and solace is found through a profound awareness of our own insignificance. "

Realisation, it's what you do with that after that counts.

That's why I sold mine, I had a 6" reflector and used to live out in the sticks, but when I moved to the city centre, I had neither the space (pardon the pun) nor the unpolluted sky to use it

A 6" reflector! You must have spent a long while polishing it

] "

Carry on astronmoy, rer ra ra raaaaaaaa.

» Add a new message to this topic