FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Jack the Ripper museum encourages sexual violence

Jack the Ripper museum encourages sexual violence

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Protestesters are planning to target the Jack the Ripper museum in East London in part because of the Gentrification of the area and also because the museum celebrates and encourages violence towards women!

These will be the same protestors who issues a Hipsters beware message when they attacked the serial cafe on Brick lane Saturday night.

Now I am all for tackling violence against Women but protesting a Jack the Ripper museum is surely not the place to start?

Bonkers.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *airy_HettyWoman  over a year ago

Greater London

You are kidding, surely?

If it is true, its absolutely ridiculus.

If the aim is to protest against violence towards women, maybe get along to events that are mainly aimed at males who get pissed pre & post match....

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Protestesters are planning to target the Jack the Ripper museum in East London in part because of the Gentrification of the area and also because the museum celebrates and encourages violence towards women!

These will be the same protestors who issues a Hipsters beware message when they attacked the serial cafe on Brick lane Saturday night.

Now I am all for tackling violence against Women but protesting a Jack the Ripper museum is surely not the place to start?

Bonkers. "

Political correctness gone mad again. You are right they are bonkers and I think the vast majority of the country will view these protestors as bonkers.

Let them have their 5 seconds of fame though, we will all have forgotten about them next week.

"You are kidding, surely?

If the aim is to protest against violence towards women, maybe get along to events that are mainly aimed at males who get pissed pre & post match.... "

I wish I was. I would link them but I think Class War are a bit dodgy to link to from here.

By *sianmale89Man  over a year ago

Stockport

it's a museum about a famous serial killer and showing his crimes which he committed which chilled the country at the time and made him infamous...

as for people who think it's encouraging violence against women? gtfo it's a museum which is signifying a part of history of a dark time in white chapel..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why don't they protest at Belsen for encouraging genocide?

What a bunch of numpties

Glorifying a serial killer is promoting violence when you think about it.

But it's be cool if they made it 50/50 the Thatcher museum as well. Double the horror!!!

"Glorifying a serial killer is promoting violence when you think about it.

But it's be cool if they made it 50/50 the Thatcher museum as well. Double the horror!!!"

Do you not think there is something more relevant that fits their message better?

But it's be cool if they made it 50/50 the Thatcher museum as well. Double the horror!!!

Do you not think there is something more relevant that fits their message better? "

Like what. Asking for permission fo them not to do it?

Pretending people with enough money to do what they want won't do what they want?

Get real. Look at history, nobody got anywhere by asking.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

What do they think is going to happen, men visit and turn into serial killers, dragging women of the street and disembowling them.

Seriously,

Do you not think there is something more relevant that fits their message better?

Pretending people with enough money to do what they want won't do what they want?

Get real. Look at history, nobody got anywhere by asking."

Think your missing the point. Read again.

By *fcdTV/TS  over a year ago

Southend

Anyone who honestly thinks a Ripper museum glorifies/encourages violence towards women is exhibiting such a lack of rational, cohesive thought it's beyond belief.

Think your missing the point. Read again. "

Violence against a violent regime is perfectly acceptable. They started it.

"You are kidding, surely?

If the aim is to protest against violence towards women, maybe get along to events that are mainly aimed at males who get pissed pre & post match.... "

I understand the singing of tom jonese's Delilah at the welsh rugby is band.

If that's the case we should fuck off the London Dungeons too.

Depends how the museum actually treats the issue I suppose. If they are glorifying him then I'd disagree with it, but would exercise that disagreement by just not going to it, rather than firebombing it or whatever.

If they explore the crimes and remember the victims too then it could be quite an educational museum, about the history of prostitution for example.

By *retty womanWoman  over a year ago

Near Bournemouth

But it's be cool if they made it 50/50 the Thatcher museum as well. Double the horror!!!"

Violence against a violent regime is perfectly acceptable. They started it. "

Hipsters and people moving into an upcoming area are hardly a violent regime. If they feel that passionately about it follow the money and don't pick on the little guy.

"Depends how the museum actually treats the issue I suppose. If they are glorifying him then I'd disagree with it, but would exercise that disagreement by just not going to it, rather than firebombing it or whatever.

If they explore the crimes and remember the victims too then it could be quite an educational museum, about the history of prostitution for example. "

It's just a bog standard museum no buxom wenches getting slashed up for kicks. It was quite lame when I went.

If they went after Pop art and anime I could kinda understand as there are several galleries in the area but a cereal cafe and lame museum it's kinda sad.

Hipsters and people moving into an upcoming area are hardly a violent regime. If they feel that passionately about it follow the money and don't pick on the little guy. "

Gotta start somewhere. And tbh they're only bothered about their immediate area. They see these businesses as a threat to their lives, to their security.

Hipsters and people moving into an upcoming area are hardly a violent regime. If they feel that passionately about it follow the money and don't pick on the little guy.

Gotta start somewhere. And tbh they're only bothered about their immediate area. They see these businesses as a threat to their lives, to their security."

Doubt it Brick lane is a proud Bangladeshi area and Class war came in via Aldgate tube.

Gotta start somewhere. And tbh they're only bothered about their immediate area. They see these businesses as a threat to their lives, to their security.

Doubt it Brick lane is a proud Bangladeshi area and Class war came in via Aldgate tube. "

Oh well. Idk why they're protesting.

There's a potato bus outside mu house whoohoo.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Doubt it Brick lane is a proud Bangladeshi area and Class war came in via Aldgate tube. "

LOL. I was thinking of a reply to that post but your's will do just fine.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

It was never supposed to be a Jack the Ripper museum, that was in contravention to the planning permission given. There have already been protests about this

C...

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

It's a bit like protest of the week really.

Class war, anti globalisation, save the Earth (whatever that means) animal rights, pro immigration, anti immigration, anti nuclear, save the coal mines, clean air, blah blah bullshit.

Then they all fuck off home to their nice warm houses wearing their leather jackets to charge up their iphones and tuck into a halal burger.

You really couldn't make these pillocks up.

[Removed by poster at 28/09/15 17:23:34]

Bollocks to it in my opinion, pc gone mad.

Any history lesson on any war is inciting violence by their standard

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Protestesters are planning to target the Jack the Ripper museum in East London in part because of the Gentrification of the area and also because the museum celebrates and encourages violence towards women!

Bonkers. "

To be fair, he was a cereal killer, so there is a link....

(Sorry )

Mr.ddc

Potato bus has gone but i can't stop thinking about it, it was pretty cool.

Why they protesting then? I can understand the thing about violence because the museum is glorifying a violent criminal (which many of our statues also glorify violence), but the gentrification, who is protesting that?

Cba to google.

I think I'd quite fancy myself in one of the there vintage suits. Every time I watch ripper street . I think . Now that is a handsome outfit!..,.,

.., I could defiantly pull that off

The gentrification bit doesn't make sense, protesting against the glorification of violence against women does.

The cereal stuff god knows, £4 for a bowl of cereal would piss me off though.

I do wonder what is going to be in the museum, to my knowledge we still have no idea, the top hat and tail image we are sold has no more or less evidence to it than, the calls the ripper was a Jewish immigrant, or local lad from white chapel itself .

Personally I fancy , barber/surgeon for it , I seem to remember a Russian barber was up also a Canadian butcher??

"I do wonder what is going to be in the museum, to my knowledge we still have no idea, the top hat and tail image we are sold has no more or less evidence to it than, the calls the ripper was a Jewish immigrant, or local lad from white chapel itself .

Personally I fancy , barber/surgeon for it , I seem to remember a Russian barber was up also a Canadian butcher?? "

If you turn up at Towerhill steps one of the Beefeaters comes out and does a nightly ripper tour also pointing out points of interest along the way it's very interesting and he also asks you to pay afterwards what you think it was worth rather than a fixed price. He has his own theories.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I do wonder what is going to be in the museum, to my knowledge we still have no idea, the top hat and tail image we are sold has no more or less evidence to it than, the calls the ripper was a Jewish immigrant, or local lad from white chapel itself .

Personally I fancy , barber/surgeon for it , I seem to remember a Russian barber was up also a Canadian butcher??

If you turn up at Towerhill steps one of the Beefeaters comes out and does a nightly ripper tour also pointing out points of interest along the way it's very interesting and he also asks you to pay afterwards what you think it was worth rather than a fixed price. He has his own theories. "

we've never gotten round to a ripper tour hopefully this year when we go, its good to know which ones are the best

"Depends how the museum actually treats the issue I suppose. If they are glorifying him then I'd disagree with it, but would exercise that disagreement by just not going to it, rather than firebombing it or whatever.

If they explore the crimes and remember the victims too then it could be quite an educational museum, about the history of prostitution for example.

It's just a bog standard museum no buxom wenches getting slashed up for kicks. It was quite lame when I went.

If they went after Pop art and anime I could kinda understand as there are several galleries in the area but a cereal cafe and lame museum it's kinda sad. "

Having said that, the cereal cafe can fuck off. There's one in Leeds too...full of utter twats.

Cannock

"It was never supposed to be a Jack the Ripper museum, that was in contravention to the planning permission given. There have already been protests about this

C..."

I don't think the local authority would want to close it seeing as it brings tourism and cash into the local area which helps other local businesses.

the museums been there for years,been several protests there before...i would think it would make more sense,if they are concerned about violence to women, to lobby the government to reopen all the womens refuges they have closed in the last couple of years..

If you turn up at Towerhill steps one of the Beefeaters comes out and does a nightly ripper tour also pointing out points of interest along the way it's very interesting and he also asks you to pay afterwards what you think it was worth rather than a fixed price. He has his own theories. "

Cheers I might have myself a look into that, ... There is a ripper documentry on the bbc's catch up , Fromm 1988at the moment it features a little gay man in Deirdre style classes doing such a tour,

Well worth a look , even if it's just for the limalah of kaja goo goo look a like on the tour

Cannock

"the museums been there for years,been several protests there before...i would think it would make more sense,if they are concerned about violence to women, to lobby the government to reopen all the womens refuges they have closed in the last couple of years.."

it would make more sense but these protesters don't have any common sense.

If you turn up at Towerhill steps one of the Beefeaters comes out and does a nightly ripper tour also pointing out points of interest along the way it's very interesting and he also asks you to pay afterwards what you think it was worth rather than a fixed price. He has his own theories.

Cheers I might have myself a look into that, ... There is a ripper documentry on the bbc's catch up , Fromm 1988at the moment it features a little gay man in Deirdre style classes doing such a tour,

Well worth a look , even if it's just for the limalah of kaja goo goo look a like on the tour"

You can finish with a curry in Brick lane afterwards. If you wanted a drink afterwards go to 202 Brick Lane and say your in Danger of Death and see where you end up its brilliant.

All the crazy shit going on in the world and the powers that be are worried about a museum

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

Is the next step to close the Imperial War Museum?

I am not sure what is acceptable but, I think it may be prudent to put plans to open a Jimmy Savile Museum on hold.

» Add a new message to this topic