FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > what is wrong with you lot

what is wrong with you lot

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r Man. OP   Man  over a year ago

London

I'm a male chauvinist (not a pig), I believe in treating a woman as a princesses, and my lover as a Queen.

So for the second time its happened to me , on the tube offered a woman, who looked pregnant a seat, and her response was.

I'm not sick.

Why should we still bother

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A friend at work offered his seat on a train to a woman who had a go at him

Some women need to learn manners & respect.

I think it is a very nice gesture when men offer women a seat.

However, I am not anyone's princess or queen. Offer the seat because someone looks like they need it (old, pregnant, etc.), not because they have a vagina.

I have said "no thanks" to men holding doors for me and giving me seats. But I am always nice about it.

-Courtney

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

[Removed by poster at 28/09/15 22:54:57]

"I think it is a very nice gesture when men offer women a seat.

However, I am not anyone's princess or queen. Offer the seat because someone looks like they need it (old, pregnant, etc.), not because they have a vagina.

I have said "no thanks" to men holding doors for me and giving me seats. But I am always nice about it.

-Courtney"

Treat all people with respect, gender is irrlevent

"A friend at work offered his seat on a train to a woman who had a go at him

Some women need to learn manners & respect."

hey I don't allow it to stop me I make them laugh ,I think a lot of it is because trains make people feel uncomfortable especially when busy ,I just start chatting get a few people involved turn it around

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

Holding a door is just common courtesy, I (M) do it irrespective of gender. Same with seats , just courtesy to another person.

-Courtney

Treat all people with respect, gender is irrlevent"

Holding a door open for someone is just basic common decency, why would you say "no thanks"?

By *uxomBloomsWoman  over a year ago

Near Tunbridge Wells

Quite right sir.

-Courtney

I think women should offer their seats to men over 40, we have wobblier legs.

If someone opened a door for me and said go first, I would and have done, not because im old fashioned just because its a lovely thing to do. Not sure about the bus seat thing, I wouldnt want to feel like a old lady or that I looked in need of it.

-Courtney

Holding a door open for someone is just basic common decency, why would you say "no thanks"?"

I don't mean just holding a door....there are many men who won't go through the door without me (or any woman) going first. I've been in situation where I am holding a door open, and a man takes it from me and continually gestures for me to go through before him. That is more what I am referring to. It feels patronizing.

Of course anyone should hold a door for someone coming behind them.

-Courtney

"I think women should offer their seats to men over 40, we have wobblier legs. "

Speak for yourself

-Courtney

Sense Sir.

"I think women should offer their seats to men over 40, we have wobblier legs. "

I offered my seat on the bus to a man older than me who had a walking stick and was shaking. He waved me back down and said he would never let a woman give up her seat for him. I was quite glad because my knees were killing me. He was pretty steady on his feet I give him his due.

She must be an over the top feminist !!

I work the ( little lady) and ( feminist) to my advantage

London

-Courtney"

As I said I'm a male chauvinist, not because of your Quim I will offer you a seat

Yes if a elderly man (well at my age there are far and few between) looked like they needed a seat, I would offer them.

But it wasn't a polite no thankyou, it was a robust, no I'm not sick, that got me

"I'm a male chauvinist (not a pig), I believe in treating a woman as a princesses, and my lover as a Queen.

So for the second time its happened to me , on the tube offered a woman, who looked pregnant a seat, and her response was.

I'm not sick.

Why should we still bother "

It's nice to offer. Just because you offered doesn't mean it must be accepted.

Also, it depends how you offer...

-Courtney

As I said I'm a male chauvinist, not because of your Quim I will offer you a seat

Yes if a elderly man (well at my age there are far and few between) looked like they needed a seat, I would offer them.

But it wasn't a polite no thankyou, it was a robust, no I'm not sick, that got me"

Right, I understand that her respond is what bothered you. She sounds like a touchy, rather unfriendly person, to be honest.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I'm a male chauvinist (not a pig), I believe in treating a woman as a princesses, and my lover as a Queen.

I'm not sick.

She probably thought you looked old and tired, Grandpa.

When do I get this queen treatment?

London

I'm not sick.

She probably thought you looked old and tired, Grandpa.

When do I get this queen treatment?

"

I thought I showed you shivery.

Didn't i let you go first?

London

"If someone opened a door for me and said go first, I would and have done, not because im old fashioned just because its a lovely thing to do. Not sure about the bus seat thing, I wouldnt want to feel like a old lady or that I looked in need of it. "

The woman was pregnant, not sick. So I did the wrong thing and offered up my seat.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"If someone opened a door for me and said go first, I would and have done, not because im old fashioned just because its a lovely thing to do. Not sure about the bus seat thing, I wouldnt want to feel like a old lady or that I looked in need of it.

The woman was pregnant, not sick. So I did the wrong thing and offered up my seat."

You didn't do the wrong thing. She didn't want your seat and that's her prerogative but refusing graciously wouldn't have hurt. However sometimes when a woman is pregnant graciousness is difficult to show but that can be difficult for a man to understand.

Some people will get offended by the kindest of gestures- can't please them all xx

"I think women should offer their seats to men over 40, we have wobblier legs.

I offered my seat on the bus to a man older than me who had a walking stick and was shaking. He waved me back down and said he would never let a woman give up her seat for him. I was quite glad because my knees were killing me. He was pretty steady on his feet I give him his due."

Single Dad on FAB would change all that for him.

I'm not sick.

Maybe she wasnt pregnant! That happened to me a few years back...kick started the diet though

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I hold doors open for anyone, their sex or age is totally irrelevant. It's the ones that don't acknowledge the fact that grind my gears.

As a younger man I was taught to give up my seat to an elderly or infirm person, now I'm 53 and have dodgy legs maself, I feel less inclined to do so

I offered my seat on the bus to a man older than me who had a walking stick and was shaking. He waved me back down and said he would never let a woman give up her seat for him. I was quite glad because my knees were killing me. He was pretty steady on his feet I give him his due.

Single Dad on FAB would change all that for him. "

I have no idea what you're talking about. My brain won't make sense of it

"If someone opened a door for me and said go first, I would and have done, not because im old fashioned just because its a lovely thing to do. Not sure about the bus seat thing, I wouldnt want to feel like a old lady or that I looked in need of it.

The woman was pregnant, not sick. So I did the wrong thing and offered up my seat."

I read your post and no you didnt do the wrong thing, she chose not to take your offer, thats up to her and daft in my opinion

-Courtney

Holding a door open for someone is just basic common decency, why would you say "no thanks"?

I don't mean just holding a door....there are many men who won't go through the door without me (or any woman) going first. I've been in situation where I am holding a door open, and a man takes it from me and continually gestures for me to go through before him. That is more what I am referring to. It feels patronizing.

-Courtney"

It's just we don't trust you to keep it open for us

-Courtney

-Courtney

It's just we don't trust you to keep it open for us"

By *onyneMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Holding doors for everyone who is near, regardless of gender...or other general 'giving a sit about people around you' ...That is the best way

By *onyneMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

...or even giving a shit...damn typos

She may have been having a bad day. Or she may just be rude. I wouldn't let it put you off being nice to people.

"She may have been having a bad day. Or she may just be rude. I wouldn't let it put you off being nice to people. "

-Courtney

-Courtney"

It's because he wants to look at your bum

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

It is about time the world woke up to the fact that men and women are NOT equal.

They never have been and never will be.

Men and women are different.

Very few people in this world are equal we all have different abilities some women have more physical strength than some men some have less, that’s life.

The person, who refuses help from others because it is degrading, degrades themselves.

I had something similar recently, was on a Park and Ride bus a few weeks ago and offered up my seat to an (elderly-ish looking) lady who barked back 'I don't need to sit!'

So I just smiled and said "no problem". If you do it with the right intention but they misinterpret that as rude then that's their lookout, not yours. Hold your head up high OP!

By *ikki ShooterTV/TS  over a year ago

Epsom

I had a woman kick off at me when I held the door open to her.

I had to explain that I hold it open because I'm a gentleman not because she's a lady!

I was in drab before you ask.

"

The person, who refuses help from others because it is degrading, degrades themselves.

"

I disagree there are somethings that sometimes you just have to do on your own.

Just for yourself.

By *issy louWoman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

"It is about time the world woke up to the fact that men and women are NOT equal.

They never have been and never will be.

Men and women are different.

Very few people in this world are equal we all have different abilities some women have more physical strength than some men some have less, that’s life.

"

Well said!

And OP, you sound like the perfect gentleman, never stop doing what you're doing, and I for one would love to be treated like a Princess - because I am a woman, I am not equal to a man, and never want to be - men and women are supposed to be different!

At the end of the day it manners plain and simple, society these days are more inclined to let the doors go and hit the next person.

Like the OP I was brought up with manners and values. Admittedly some of the values have diminished, but honesty is still there.

"At the end of the day it manners plain and simple, society these days are more inclined to let the doors go and hit the next person.

Like the OP I was brought up with manners and values. Admittedly some of the values have diminished, but honesty is still there. "

To put it bluntly , women aren't used to men having nothing but manners on their mind

We're all too busy thinking someone wants something or has an ulterior motive.

Shame ... And this is going to make me sound old..... There was a day when manners were enjoyed

"At the end of the day it manners plain and simple, society these days are more inclined to let the doors go and hit the next person.

Like the OP I was brought up with manners and values. Admittedly some of the values have diminished, but honesty is still there.

To put it bluntly , women aren't used to men having nothing but manners on their mind

Shame ... And this is going to make me sound old..... There was a day when manners were enjoyed"

Funny my work is on my shift entirely male but everyone holds the doors open for each other

Reading this is quite shocking if truth be told.

Why women are acting like this is beyond me.

I enjoy men being gentlemanly and this will never change and men, please never change if this is who you are.

Shame ... And this is going to make me sound old..... There was a day when manners were enjoyed"

that day is still here ,some people get embarrassed I don't have that problem ,if I see a couple or family get on a train but no two seats or four seats together I get up and let them sit together ,I constantly do it sometimes yes an attractive woman is involved but I'm consistent

My daughter 8 and a half months pregnant got ignored by the men waiting on the bench at the bus stop the other day but the old lady on the end tutted in a loud voice and said here my dear come sit in my seat ....giving the men a sweet look..... Straight away two quickly said sorry and offered their seat .

She was rude, but don't stop being a gentleman because of one person

"My daughter 8 and a half months pregnant got ignored by the men waiting on the bench at the bus stop the other day but the old lady on the end tutted in a loud voice and said here my dear come sit in my seat ....giving the men a sweet look..... Straight away two quickly said sorry and offered their seat ."

That's not the blokes being rude; that's them just not noticing and/or not being certain whether it was large lady or pregnant lady

Her reaction does seem a bit OTT but maybe she was having a shit day. Let's just assume she was, it's better than assuming she was a soor faced cow

"My daughter 8 and a half months pregnant got ignored by the men waiting on the bench at the bus stop the other day but the old lady on the end tutted in a loud voice and said here my dear come sit in my seat ....giving the men a sweet look..... Straight away two quickly said sorry and offered their seat .

That's not the blokes being rude; that's them just not noticing and/or not being certain whether it was large lady or pregnant lady "

they noticed and anyone can tell she is pregnant and not fat like me

By *lligator3Man  over a year ago

scotland

[Removed by poster at 29/09/15 07:37:49]

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I don't believe the OP got on a tube

"My daughter 8 and a half months pregnant got ignored by the men waiting on the bench at the bus stop the other day but the old lady on the end tutted in a loud voice and said here my dear come sit in my seat ....giving the men a sweet look..... Straight away two quickly said sorry and offered their seat ."

What a nice lady and men should pay more attention. Its clearly obvious the difference between pregnancy and being fat.

scotland

What I do see a lot is the women who are chancers out there (you know if you are or not), want chivalry and equality when it's to their advantage.

Example- when there are big boring boxes in the office needing moved (which are not overly heavy even for them), in comes the man to do it for their lazy ass. Suitcase needing carried perhaps? As I defend equality in the work place I tell them I'm sure they can cope with out a man repressing them in the workplace

For the non chancing majority of women- I stop being a dick and help them cause it's nice to be nice

"What I do see a lot is the women who are chancers out there (you know if you are or not), want chivalry and equality when it's to their advantage.

Example- when there are big boring boxes in the office needing moved (which are not overly heavy even for them), in comes the man to do it for their lazy ass. Suitcase needing carried perhaps? As I defend equality in the work place I tell them I'm sure they can cope with out a man repressing them in the workplace

For the non chancing majority of women- I stop being a dick and help them cause it's nice to be nice "

I can't quite believe this

scotland

"What I do see a lot is the women who are chancers out there (you know if you are or not), want chivalry and equality when it's to their advantage.

For the non chancing majority of women- I stop being a dick and help them cause it's nice to be nice

I can't quite believe this "

Which part- that some people are lazy?

Which part- that some people are lazy?"

The first part

scotland

The first part "

It's not controversial if you read in between the brackets...I make no assumption on the numbers out there just mere stating some people are chancers an exploit others to their own gain....exploiting happens everyday everywhere does it not?

The first part

It's not controversial if you read in between the brackets...I make no assumption on the numbers out there just mere stating some people are chancers an exploit others to their own gain....exploiting happens everyday everywhere does it not?"

I'm agreeing with you

The first part

It's not controversial if you read in between the brackets...I make no assumption on the numbers out there just mere stating some people are chancers an exploit others to their own gain....exploiting happens everyday everywhere does it not?"

Shit! Sorry it was meant to say I CAN quite believe this

scotland

The first part

It's not controversial if you read in between the brackets...I make no assumption on the numbers out there just mere stating some people are chancers an exploit others to their own gain....exploiting happens everyday everywhere does it not?

Shit! Sorry it was meant to say I CAN quite believe this "

Phew

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

I do this all of the time, and with any other motive other than if I see someone who will benefit more than me, I will offer. I have instilled the same in my kids. Whether it's holding doors open, offering seats, o carrying a heavy suitcase out of a tube station - I will offer regardless of gender or age.

A few years ago, my son almost brought an old woman to tears because he saw her walking with a stick in a shopping centre, he ran ahead and opened the door for her. Nobody saw that as belittling her and she was overcome with what he had done.

So if anyone dismisse any offer of assistance or courtesy from me, it won't change the values I have been brought up on, for every person who is offended by it, there will be hundreds who would be grateful.

I'm not sick.

It's a vicious circle.

Some pregnant women struggle & want to sit others don't, gracious & non gracious declines.

Some people notice & offer, others put their heads down & ignore. Some have no idea whether to offer or not!

The thinking behind TFL's Baby on Board campaign. My pregnant friend wore the badge & she said it helped her during the rush hour.

A polite no thank you would have sufficed in your example tho.

"I do this all of the time, and with any other motive other than if I see someone who will benefit more than me, I will offer. I have instilled the same in my kids. Whether it's holding doors open, offering seats, o carrying a heavy suitcase out of a tube station - I will offer regardless of gender or age.

A few years ago, my son almost brought an old woman to tears because he saw her walking with a stick in a shopping centre, he ran ahead and opened the door for her. Nobody saw that as belittling her and she was overcome with what he had done.

So if anyone dismisse any offer of assistance or courtesy from me, it won't change the values I have been brought up on, for every person who is offended by it, there will be hundreds who would be grateful."

I really don't understand why someone would be offended by it

I like this answer though

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

'You lot'

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

I would have loved a offer like this when I was pregnant with my twins as I was that big and uncomfortable that I was wearing a support harness and back brace to ease the weight of my bump, while pregnancy isn't an illness, it was very uncomfortable towards the end and I can count on one hand how many actually offered that kind of assistance to the degree If I needed anything I adapted my travel times to avoid Rush hour periods so I stood a better chance of finding a seat

"'You lot' "

I know

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

-Courtney

-Courtney"

He wants to look at your legs and arse, that is all. You are probably the best looking woman he has seen all day, you deprived him of his one little thing that will lift his spirits all day.

"My daughter 8 and a half months pregnant got ignored by the men waiting on the bench at the bus stop the other day but the old lady on the end tutted in a loud voice and said here my dear come sit in my seat ....giving the men a sweet look..... Straight away two quickly said sorry and offered their seat .

That's not the blokes being rude; that's them just not noticing and/or not being certain whether it was large lady or pregnant lady they noticed and anyone can tell she is pregnant and not fat like me "

So basically would couldn't even give up seat to another woman without being a cow to anyone nearby who happened to have a penis?

Single Dad on FAB would change all that for him.

I have no idea what you're talking about. My brain won't make sense of it "

Don't worry, neither does mine.

London

"I don't believe the OP got on a tube "

Toothpaste my man, tube of toothpaste.

Opps sorry, Colgate and all other leading brands of toothpaste are of equal substance (disclaimer) lol

London

"'You lot'

I know "

That's correct, I've found two of you.

This OP is not for changing, thanks peps for the positive feedbacks, I am who I am, I wasn't looking for a medal, an honest no thanks would of been good

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

-Courtney"

You've said no to men holding doors for you?

I hold the door for anyone but it seems weird to not accept the gesture... Do you just refuse to walk through it and then open it again yourself when they let go?

-Courtney

I hold the door for anyone but it seems weird to not accept the gesture... Do you just refuse to walk through it and then open it again yourself when they let go?"

Haha. No no. I clarified in a later response. Of course I appreciate anyone holding a door open. It's when men refuse to let me hold a door open just because I'm a woman that I have an issue. When I've been holding a door and they deliberately take it from me and gesture me in

-Courtney

I hold the door for anyone but it seems weird to not accept the gesture... Do you just refuse to walk through it and then open it again yourself when they let go?

Haha. No no. I clarified in a later response. Of course I appreciate anyone holding a door open. It's when men refuse to let me hold a door open just because I'm a woman that I have an issue. When I've been holding a door and they deliberately take it from me and gesture me in "

Courtney so you are a gentlewoman are we going to lose that compliment too I think it originally came about because doors were heavy and men being the stronger sex (check moray poles on that one think it's 85-15% ) opened the door so they didn't pull muscles

-Courtney

Haha. No no. I clarified in a later response. Of course I appreciate anyone holding a door open. It's when men refuse to let me hold a door open just because I'm a woman that I have an issue. When I've been holding a door and they deliberately take it from me and gesture me in Courtney so you are a gentlewoman are we going to lose that compliment too I think it originally came about because doors were heavy and men being the stronger sex (check moray poles on that one think it's 85-15% ) opened the door so they didn't pull muscles "

I'll keep that in mind next time!

Edinburgh

"'You lot'

I know

This OP is not for changing, thanks peps for the positive feedbacks, I am who I am, I wasn't looking for a medal, an honest no thanks would of been good "

You refer to women (I'm assuming) as 'you lot' then profess to be a gent?

Be who you are but be consistent.

By *ack LondonMan  over a year ago

London

We live in difficult times. Over the years men have oppressed women in all cultures. Sad and true. I don't blame women for taking control and answering back. The blow back is when decent guys get it in the neck for being the 'typical' man. I could go on.

London

"'You lot'

I know

This OP is not for changing, thanks peps for the positive feedbacks, I am who I am, I wasn't looking for a medal, an honest no thanks would of been good

Be who you are but be consistent. "

Em!

I think I'm been very consistent,

Firstly I never profess to be a gent, my first words were

"I'm a male chauvinist" (not a pig)

And for me using the term you lot, maybe it was strong, but everyone new want I meant apart from the two people who might of taken offence (non thrown)

"'You lot'

I know

Em!

And for me using the term you lot, maybe it was strong, but everyone new want I meant apart from the two people who might of taken offence (non thrown) "

I didn't take offence I just thought it undermined your argument a bit. Referring to groups of people as "you lot" comes across a bit rude to me.

You should come with me one day on my 8 buses a day I do although I walk some of them to avoid the teenagers. You would have your eyes opened to transport etiquette.

Herts

-Courtney

Haha. No no. I clarified in a later response. Of course I appreciate anyone holding a door open. It's when men refuse to let me hold a door open just because I'm a woman that I have an issue. When I've been holding a door and they deliberately take it from me and gesture me in "

Ohhh, ok, lol.

Herts

-Courtney

Haha. No no. I clarified in a later response. Of course I appreciate anyone holding a door open. It's when men refuse to let me hold a door open just because I'm a woman that I have an issue. When I've been holding a door and they deliberately take it from me and gesture me in

Ohhh, ok, lol."

It did put an amusing image in my head though of you stopping dead behind someone infront of you who held the door open and shouting "No!" with a pout on your face. Waiting for the door to shut and then opening it again yourself and walking through it while they stand there confused.

-Courtney

Ohhh, ok, lol.

It did put an amusing image in my head though of you stopping dead behind someone infront of you who held the door open and shouting "No!" with a pout on your face. Waiting for the door to shut and then opening it again yourself and walking through it while they stand there confused. "

I'll try that out sometime! Then you'll read another thread on here and think "gosh that story sounds familiar, but who the hell would do that?!?"

-Courtney

Edinburgh

"'You lot'

I know

Em!

And for me using the term you lot, maybe it was strong, but everyone new want I meant apart from the two people who might of taken offence (non thrown) "

My mistake... I thought you were aiming for funny with the chauvinist part. I wasn't offended though, I just thought you were trying to make a point but I'm not entirely sure I have any idea what you were trying to do now. Carry on... I'll bow out gracefully.

London

"'You lot'

I know

Em!

And for me using the term you lot, maybe it was strong, but everyone new want I meant apart from the two people who might of taken offence (non thrown)

My mistake... I thought you were aiming for funny with the chauvinist part. I wasn't offended though, I just thought you were trying to make a point but I'm not entirely sure I have any idea what you were trying to do now. Carry on... I'll bow out gracefully. "

Its a shame you've gone, I was trying to be funny but with (I'm not a pig) part of it lol

Never mind next time round

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Princess and Queen

"'You lot'

I know

Em!

My mistake... I thought you were aiming for funny with the chauvinist part. I wasn't offended though, I just thought you were trying to make a point but I'm not entirely sure I have any idea what you were trying to do now. Carry on... I'll bow out gracefully.

Its a shame you've gone, I was trying to be funny but with (I'm not a pig) part of it lol

Never mind next time round "

The trouble with the written word, can be meant one way & taken another.

I did chuckle when I read the term 'you lot'....

Give me a Gentleman anyday

I'm a disrespectful, antagonistic, racist, sexist pig lol

By *nder lock and KeyCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

He asked a mother who was struggling with a pram and two children down the steps of a bridge if he could help carry the pram, her response was:

"I dont want you anywhere near my baby thankyou"

Ok Madam, have a nice day x

I want a gentleman to cover puddles for me with his coat,hold doors open,carry my shopping,bathe me,cook for me,lift me out of bed in the mornings,cut my toenails for me. Whatever happened to those men

By *ildt123Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Years ago I saw a guy hold the door open he was going through for the woman behind and she slapped him! Fairly sure he would have held it for anyone, I would.

I also got in to trouble at work for saying morning ladies in an office that only had women in. Reported for sexism! I thought I was polite, lol. I didn't bother wishing them good morning after that as I felt why lie when I really wished them a shit day! Oh I used to say morning guys to blokes in other room that's fine but apparently and I quote " ladies refers to a mans stereo- typical _iew about what he thinks women should be"

Swoon... a real gentleman in our mist... Gobble him up girls...

Can't be doing with all this liberated woman crap!

Little woman here waiting at home for hubby to return for work... dinner ready, house clean, makeup on, knickers off in the hope, but rarely happens... but hey come on, can't have everything... x

"Years ago I saw a guy hold the door open he was going through for the woman behind and she slapped him! Fairly sure he would have held it for anyone, I would.

I also got in to trouble at work for saying morning ladies in an office that only had women in. Reported for sexism! I thought I was polite, lol. I didn't bother wishing them good morning after that as I felt why lie when I really wished them a shit day! Oh I used to say morning guys to blokes in other room that's fine but apparently and I quote " ladies refers to a mans stereo- typical _iew about what he thinks women should be"

"

Huh.

-Courtney

By *ildt123Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield

My boss told me off and said not to use the term again! I wanted to morning bitches but my mum said if you nothing nice to say say nothing so I didn't wish them good morning in any form after that. Weird lot they were

"'You lot'

I know

Em!

I didn't take offence I just thought it undermined your argument a bit. Referring to groups of people as "you lot" comes across a bit rude to me. "

He's probably just having a bad day, let's just assume this

I used to go to college with a man who would always walk on the road side of the pavement so I wasn't walking next to the traffic. I thought that was really sweet.

My gripe has to be when you hold a door open for a woman and they just breeze past without even acknowledging you(I'm not saying I'm looking for a BJ,but a simple Thanks would be nice)

scotland

"I used to go to college with a man who would always walk on the road side of the pavement so I wasn't walking next to the traffic. I thought that was really sweet. "

That's just cause all dropped money rest just off the kerb...did you think he was watching the roads for you??

When my kids were young, (son was nearly 4 & daughter was about 7 or 8 months) I was getting on a bus near my home, had the buggy to fold and baby bag etc. The bus driver offered to hold my daughter, I let him so I could make sure my son was on the bus and I could fold the buggy properly without having to battle the baby and the bag. Bus drivers now probably arent allowed to offer to do that, doubt they would anyway.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I think a lot of women have forgotten how to let men be men and women be feminine.

I am all for equality of opportunity but we are different and life is easier once we accept that

London

"I think a lot of women have forgotten how to let men be men and women be feminine.

I am all for equality of opportunity but we are different and life is easier once we accept that "

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I think a lot of women have forgotten how to let men be men and women be feminine.

I am all for equality of opportunity but we are different and life is easier once we accept that "

What, in your eyes , is feminine ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I'm not sick.

I doubt you'd have started this thread if a man had refused your offer.

I doubt you'd have offered a man your seat.

You offered. That's kind. No one HAS to fulfill your wish for them to sit.

By *ingle Beds LassWoman  over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"When my kids were young, (son was nearly 4 & daughter was about 7 or 8 months) I was getting on a bus near my home, had the buggy to fold and baby bag etc. The bus driver offered to hold my daughter, I let him so I could make sure my son was on the bus and I could fold the buggy properly without having to battle the baby and the bag. Bus drivers now probably arent allowed to offer to do that, doubt they would anyway. "

Hahahahhaa reminds me of when I would get on and off a bus and struggle with buggy, kid and bags. The amount of buggies and rain covers that were wrecked by people helping me became very expensive so when people offered to help, they were passed the kid lol

London

I'm not sick.

You offered. That's kind. No one HAS to fulfill your wish for them to sit. "

I would of offered a man my seat, if I felt he needed it more than myself.

Once on a bus (I was standing)

A young lad came on with a massive limp, a woman got up and offered him her seat. You could see the embarrassment on his face and he declined respectfully.

My point is, the response I got from the lady, wasn't measured in the same way that i offered up my seat.

I hope some people can see that

By *uzy444Woman  over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

offered many a woman a seat on the bus...whats wrong with sitting on my lap?!!!

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I always worry that my obituary will say something like unexpected death after offering up a seat to a lady who wasn't actually pregnant....

London

"I always worry that my obituary will say something like unexpected death after offering up a seat to a lady who wasn't actually pregnant.... "

The only guarantee I had would of to wait for the little rug rat to show his head.

I can't win can I

"I always worry that my obituary will say something like unexpected death after offering up a seat to a lady who wasn't actually pregnant.... "

I got asked when I was due a couple of years ago. I just laughed and said I'm not pregnant just fat. They were mortified and apologised but I said it was fine.

I'm not sick.

You offered. That's kind. No one HAS to fulfill your wish for them to sit.

I would of offered a man my seat, if I felt he needed it more than myself.

Once on a bus (I was standing)

A young lad came on with a massive limp, a woman got up and offered him her seat. You could see the embarrassment on his face and he declined respectfully.

My point is, the response I got from the lady, wasn't measured in the same way that i offered up my seat.

I hope some people can see that "

I can see that.

I wonder what her reponse would have been if a women had offered her the seat, I doubt if she would have used the same phrase.

A lot of the time it's how you approach it and how busy the train is and of course the attitude of the person your asking,I am the ideal person to have on a train if you are an attractive woman with weary legs but I also get up for others if I feel they need that seat more than I do xxx

» Add a new message to this topic