FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Best Laid Plans

Best Laid Plans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

And all that

Had my day mapped out ..... Got up this morning and had a puncture...... Oh well says I, I have a spare....... Spare had a nail in it......

Managed to get my weary chariot to the tyre shop where're told me my front ones were practically bald as well...... And, they say, and we don't have four tyres in stock until later today......

4 new tyres. A day ruined and a bank account that thinks it has had a visit from Dick Turpin!!!!

Is the last time I map out a day in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Sorry but we find it hard to be sorry for you.

You must have known your spare had a nail in it and as a driver should have been aware of the condition of your other tyres.

The tyre shop possible saved you a big fine and points for each worn tyre so in the long run you are better off.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Not a great day, but at least you've found out the easy way about your tyres. It could have been a lot worse

I imagine your tyred out by the whole affair and regard the price of tyres as daylight rubbery. Hopefully the rest of this annum will be a goodyear.

"Sorry but we find it hard to be sorry for you.

You must have known your spare had a nail in it and as a driver should have been aware of the condition of your other tyres.

The tyre shop possible saved you a big fine and points for each worn tyre so in the long run you are better off."

Tyre was supposed to have been changed when the MOT was done a couple of months ago, so no, had no idea it was still the old one. Garage have offered to cough up for not doing it.

Is not so much the tyres that got me all het up, at least two of them would've needed doing in next few weeks anyway, is more the plans I had have been laid to waste and I do not often get to make plans these days with work and studies etc taking up most of my time

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Thank god you wasn't in a accident because of said tyres. Oh well the days not over yet and the sun's out

"Thank god you wasn't in a accident because of said tyres. Oh well the days not over yet and the sun's out "

Woohoo for the sun

» Add a new message to this topic