FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Paul Walker's Daughter to Sue Porsche

Paul Walker's Daughter to Sue Porsche

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In short the vehicle did not have traction control which other models do therefore the claim is Porsche is to be held culpable

Totally wrong, it wasn't mis-sold it was mis-used, they knew what it didn't have and chose to drive in excess of 90 in 45 public area

Porsche have not responded yet

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I find it hard to say this was a tragic accident because in my mind, you drive like an idiot and you crash and die, then it's kinda your own fault, driving at normal speeds and hitting a tree, then that's tragic.

I liked Paul walker, he did a lot of good for the world with his charity (that I like to point out I donate to ever month and have been for about two years) and although he wasn't a great actor I do enjoy the fast and furious films.

meadow is now growing up without her father and wants some answers (or someone is there telling her to get answers) and wants some closure maybe but what would be nice instead it being all about the money, why not prove the point (if there is one) and let it lie?

My own personal thoughts x

Utter madness.

Also I know he wasn't driving, just like to add that in!

"I find it hard to say this was a tragic accident because in my mind, you drive like an idiot and you crash and die, then it's kinda your own fault, driving at normal speeds and hitting a tree, then that's tragic.

I liked Paul walker, he did a lot of good for the world with his charity (that I like to point out I donate to ever month and have been for about two years) and although he wasn't a great actor I do enjoy the fast and furious films.

meadow is now growing up without her father and wants some answers (or someone is there telling her to get answers) and wants some closure maybe but what would be nice instead it being all about the money, why not prove the point (if there is one) and let it lie?

My own personal thoughts x"

I agree If it's because the family feel there may be a danger to others etc then I'd agree with the case, but it really doesn't seem like that

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

No doubt some adviser (lawyer) is making a nice buck fr this

"I find it hard to say this was a tragic accident because in my mind, you drive like an idiot and you crash and die, then it's kinda your own fault, driving at normal speeds and hitting a tree, then that's tragic.

My own personal thoughts x"

"I agree If it's because the family feel there may be a danger to others etc then I'd agree with the case, but it really doesn't seem like that "

I'am inclined to agree, a car like that is not needed on the roads and in the wrong hands as proven can be fatal,

To use the crash to re-evaluate the availability of high performance cars is absolutely right

But it is not right to try and hold the manufacturer accountable for the accidents already occurred

It's the American thing to do, they take gun manufacturers to court when someone gets shot. Not something we really understand in the UK.

I wouldn't wish to speculate on the individual circumstances but there is much more of a 'have a go' mentality in the states. The reasons for this are that damages awards are often much higher due to punitive damages, their system does not have a 'loser pays' rule when it comes to legal costs and many American lawyers are far more willing to finance actions themselves than over here. The combination of these things does lead to a far more litigous society with some cases being unwarranted

"I wouldn't wish to speculate on the individual circumstances but there is much more of a 'have a go' mentality in the states. The reasons for this are that damages awards are often much higher due to punitive damages, their system does not have a 'loser pays' rule when it comes to legal costs and many American lawyers are far more willing to finance actions themselves than over here. The combination of these things does lead to a far more litigous society with some cases being unwarranted"

Law works on presidents though, if this wins it would set one. Potentially opening other incidents for legal action against manufacturer,

"I wouldn't wish to speculate on the individual circumstances but there is much more of a 'have a go' mentality in the states. The reasons for this are that damages awards are often much higher due to punitive damages, their system does not have a 'loser pays' rule when it comes to legal costs and many American lawyers are far more willing to finance actions themselves than over here. The combination of these things does lead to a far more litigous society with some cases being unwarranted

Law works on presidents though, if this wins it would set one. Potentially opening other incidents for legal action against manufacturer,"

Again wouldn't want to speculate on the case without reading it. In the UK, only cases in the High Court and above create precedent. In the states it may well be different I am unsure. In order for a precedent to the set it needs to reach Court and it may well not do so for a variety of reasons

How old is his daughter?

They guy drove like a cock and ended up killing himself... Bit of a no brainer as to who's fault it was especially as loads of cars don't have traction control and manage not to crash and explode on a road with a 45 speed limit

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

Who's Sue Porsche?

"How old is his daughter?

They guy drove like a cock and ended up killing himself... Bit of a no brainer as to who's fault it was especially as loads of cars don't have traction control and manage not to crash and explode on a road with a 45 speed limit "

Blunt but true, like it,

If the traction control issue was the primary contributor to the accident, then it may have some basis for negligence. If it was speed and poor quality driving, then it won't. The media angle just exists because of the passenger's fame, which is sad as it wasn't his fault at all, regardless of where the blame lies.

Wasn't the bloke driving over the drink drive limit too or was that someone else ?

I think doing nearly double the speed limit is obviously the factor here

"If the traction control issue was the primary contributor to the accident, then it may have some basis for negligence. If it was speed and poor quality driving, then it won't. The media angle just exists because of the passenger's fame, which is sad as it wasn't his fault at all, regardless of where the blame lies.

"

As it was sold without TC and the owner knew this it cannot be the TC at fault, yes it could have helped but so could slowing down

Disagree it wasn't his fault at all, he was at fault due to an evident lack of "stop your driving too fast I want to get out"

By *isKinkedKuntsMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Typical America really. Can't accept responsibility for their own actions so find someone to blame and sue them.

The fact is it was a drivers car, real drivers cars do not have driver aids like traction control, abs or power steering neither is it the law for them to be sold with it. In fact as he was actually quite a serious driver in reality it was either spec'ed not to have it or was just a plus point of the car that it was pure driving.

Isn't this just another example of the American way~ someone else is always accountable. it can't possibly be the fault of person/s who lost control of a high powered vehicle driven in excess of the speed limit....

She wants answers and to blame elsewhere, an understandable grieving action. I suspect someone else stands to make a lot of money as well.

Traction Control isn't a magic "won't crash" button. It's merely a driver aid. People who treat it as such are going to crash. Even if it was fitted it's highly unlikely it would have stopped the accident as it doesn't work that way.

The car in question was a track oriented supercar. The aero package was what kept the car on the road/track and when driven properly it's very stable. The driver was showing off and he and Paul Walker paid with their lives.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

She wants answers and to blame elsewhere, an understandable grieving action. I suspect someone else stands to make a lot of money as well. "

this..

she is 16?, probably only wants her Dad back but someone is pulling the strings..

in any case the manufacturers will simply say that the issue is with driver and not them..

Yeah she's 16 x

The question is, if she wins will she buy a fast car with the money

» Add a new message to this topic