FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Profile plagiarism

Profile plagiarism

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ornishBiLover OP   Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

Not sure if I should be honoured or annoyed. I saw a status saying bi guy wanting to meet bi guy... oooh, ok. Clicked on his profile and thought that looks familiar... oh yeah, most of it is my own profile.

Thats the second guy thats decided just to copy my profile and just add/subtract a few lines here and there.

Should I be flattered or annoyed? I'm thinking annoyed because if they are copying my profile text then they must be lying about themselves unless they like exactly the things I do and are articulate, sensual and all that.

Open to the floor....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can see why you'd be annoyed but I'd take it as a compliment!

By *ohnaronMan  over a year ago

london

"Not sure if I should be honoured or annoyed. I saw a status saying bi guy wanting to meet bi guy... oooh, ok. Clicked on his profile and thought that looks familiar... oh yeah, most of it is my own profile.

Thats the second guy thats decided just to copy my profile and just add/subtract a few lines here and there.

Should I be flattered or annoyed? I'm thinking annoyed because if they are copying my profile text then they must be lying about themselves unless they like exactly the things I do and are articulate, sensual and all that.

Open to the floor....

"

Careful might be your doppelganger

By *ighting17thMan  over a year ago

Bodmin

Rob

I just read your profile and it was obviously a lot of work on your part to get it just right ( several drafts I should think ).

It's a really, really good profile so, you should be fuming bud!

It's not flattery- its laziness and also disrespectful...

That's just my opinion.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

All these bitches on the site copy me-- Single- yup

Female- yup

Available for sex- yup.... seee!!!

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

"Rob

I just read your profile and it was obviously a lot of work on your part to get it just right ( several drafts I should think ).

It's a really, really good profile so, you should be fuming bud!

It's not flattery- its laziness and also disrespectful...

That's just my opinion.

"

This happened to me around two months ago.

A guy who had a threadbare profile was whining about a lack of meets.

I advised.

Next thing you know he had robbed and posted my entire profile.

Amidst the congratulations for such a dramatic improvement in the profile I pointed out that mine had been stolen lock, stock, and bloody barrel.

The mood of the forum changed dramatically.

Cries of "busted" and "shame"reverberated and he was lambasted repeatedly, but...

Here's the clinch.

He saw nothing wrong in stealing my profile.

Amazing.

The nerve.

It took 24 more hours to winkle him off it.

To this day I have no idea if admin intervened, ut eventually he scrunbbed my text and hoisted up his own.

Within 12 hours he was UNLOS.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

This happened to me, he stole a huge chunk of my profile - and I'm watching you via other people too, ya rat! But I assumed because he neither had the imagination not wit to write his own profile, he's gonna be a lousy message sender and a social fail so all was good.

To add insult to injury, he declined to nick any cock pics

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I've had mine nabbed a few times over the years...sometimes even by men (I've noticed 1 or 2 recently)

The I have noticed that were blatantly obvious I just asked them to delete and start again and they did

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

"This happened to me, he stole a huge chunk of my profile - and I'm watching you via other people too, ya rat! But I assumed because he neither had the imagination not wit to write his own profile, he's gonna be a lousy message sender and a social fail so all was good.

To add insult to injury, he declined to nick any cock pics "

I was actually heartened and impressed by how many rallied round and kept a vigilant watch for a repeat theft by this sad individual

By *ighting17thMan  over a year ago

Bodmin

"This happened to me, he stole a huge chunk of my profile - and I'm watching you via other people too, ya rat! But I assumed because he neither had the imagination not wit to write his own profile, he's gonna be a lousy message sender and a social fail so all was good.

To add insult to injury, he declined to nick any cock pics

I was actually heartened and impressed by how many rallied round and kept a vigilant watch for a repeat theft by this sad individual"

That's really good news- some people here are great, no question about it. Truly wonderful, kind and decent people!!

» Add a new message to this topic