FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bread

Bread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ucspark OP   Man  over a year ago

dudley

Those that know me know I love to bake, usually bread but other things too. I really enjoy matching bread to the food it goes with. Like sage & onion bread going with pork. Smoked paprika cobs with tomato soup. Been told today it is to much, thought comments

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

If its what you enjoy just get on with it..

don't rise to others half baked idea's..

sorry..

dudley

"If its what you enjoy just get on with it..

don't rise to others half baked idea's..

sorry.. "

It ok made me smile

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

To much what? It's you that's baking it not them

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Too much?? Jeez Louise it's bread!!

Just do what makes you happy

My other half seems to have an obsession with buying a certain kind of bread every weekend, i have no idea why and i rarely eat it as i'm not keen on bread !!!

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Those that know me know I love to bake, usually bread but other things too. I really enjoy matching bread to the food it goes with. Like sage & onion bread going with pork. Smoked paprika cobs with tomato soup. Been told today it is to much, thought comments "

Sounds great. I have been known to bake flavoured breads on a weekend to go with freshly made soup: perfect after an Autumnal walk.

But I guess it depends who thinks it is 'too much' and why.

Mr ddc

Used to do a lot of baking before I moved down here, if you enjoy it just do it

dudley

"Those that know me know I love to bake, usually bread but other things too. I really enjoy matching bread to the food it goes with. Like sage & onion bread going with pork. Smoked paprika cobs with tomato soup. Been told today it is to much, thought comments

Sounds great. I have been known to bake flavoured breads on a weekend to go with freshly made soup: perfect after an Autumnal walk.

Mr ddc"

They said sour dough was better with soup, said the bread was taking the flavour away from soup

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Those that know me know I love to bake, usually bread but other things too. I really enjoy matching bread to the food it goes with. Like sage & onion bread going with pork. Smoked paprika cobs with tomato soup. Been told today it is to much, thought comments

Mr ddc

They said sour dough was better with soup, said the bread was taking the flavour away from soup "

That's a valid comment though isn't it, in their opinion the bread overpowered the soup.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

There is no such thing as 'too much' well baked artisan bread.

dudley

Mr ddc

They said sour dough was better with soup, said the bread was taking the flavour away from soup

That's a valid comment though isn't it, in their opinion the bread overpowered the soup."

Personally I thought it complimented it, that's why I asked. Just a bit surprised

Derbyshire

"

Mr ddc

They said sour dough was better with soup, said the bread was taking the flavour away from soup "

We were given a sourdough starter once, along with instructions to pass it on. It sounded like one of those chain-letters from the 1980s so I threw it in the bin

Flavours can be a very personal taste, but it sounds good to me. Perhaps have a slice of Sainsburys Basics sliced white ready for them for next time

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Mr ddc

That's a valid comment though isn't it, in their opinion the bread overpowered the soup.

Personally I thought it complimented it, that's why I asked. Just a bit surprised "

Food is a very personal thing though if you enjoy that combination go with it and ban this person from your dining table

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Mr ddc

Personally I thought it complimented it, that's why I asked. Just a bit surprised "

I thought you ment to much as in doing to much baking, I didn't taste the soup or the bread so I have no idea if it complimented it or not

dudley

"

Mr ddc

We were given a sourdough starter once, along with instructions to pass it on. It sounded like one of those chain-letters from the 1980s so I threw it in the bin

Flavours can be a very personal taste, but it sounds good to me. Perhaps have a slice of Sainsburys Basics sliced white ready for them for next time

"

Have to be honest very rarely have shop brought bread

Derbyshire

"

Mr ddc

Have to be honest very rarely have shop brought bread "

Good Lord! I didn't suggest you ate it - just stick a loaf in your freezer for them, 45p well-worth the compromise

Only you can decide whether they, or your baking, is more important in the long-run.

dudley

"

Mr ddc

Good Lord! I didn't suggest you ate it - just stick a loaf in your freezer for them, 45p well-worth the compromise

Only you can decide whether they, or your baking, is more important in the long-run."

Thinking I turned into a feeder and like to please

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Mr ddc

Only you can decide whether they, or your baking, is more important in the long-run.

Thinking I turned into a feeder and like to please "

Give them sourdough next time then.

We had beef stew tonight made by Mr N and I made a rosemary and garlic focaccia to go with it. I thought it went well

Derbyshire

"

Thinking I turned into a feeder and like to please "

Looking on the bright side, it sounds like they liked the soup

dudley

"

Mr ddc

We had beef stew tonight made by Mr N and I made a rosemary and garlic focaccia to go with it. I thought it went well "

Have to admit I'm not a great lover of sour dough, but focaccia hell yes especially using fresh herbs

dudley

"

Looking on the bright side, it sounds like they liked the soup "

Very true, positives in everything

dudley

"Just do what makes you happy

My other half seems to have an obsession with buying a certain kind of bread every weekend, i have no idea why and i rarely eat it as i'm not keen on bread !!!"

When Imi is ill the smell of baking bread usually makes her want to eat

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Mr ddc

We had beef stew tonight made by Mr N and I made a rosemary and garlic focaccia to go with it. I thought it went well

Have to admit I'm not a great lover of sour dough, but focaccia hell yes especially using fresh herbs "

We have a rosemary bush the size of the home counties in the garden I have to do something with it.

"Just do what makes you happy

My other half seems to have an obsession with buying a certain kind of bread every weekend, i have no idea why and i rarely eat it as i'm not keen on bread !!!

When Imi is ill the smell of baking bread usually makes her want to eat"

That's good

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

You sound very clever with your breads

I'd love to try one but can't as i can't eat gluten

I love bread. That is all.

dudley

"You sound very clever with your breads

I'd love to try one but can't as i can't eat gluten "

Been trying gluten free breads over last few weeks, have a friend who doesn't do gluten either. Quite a challenge

If you find a good gluten free bread recipe send it my way please as my daughter has to have gluten free food

dudley

"If you find a good gluten free bread recipe send it my way please as my daughter has to have gluten free food "

Will do

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Genius bread seems to be the best. I have tried a number of them

If she needs it for a medical condition she may get it on prescription. I get it because I have coeliac disease.

"If you find a good gluten free bread recipe send it my way please as my daughter has to have gluten free food

Will do "

Thank you

Poor girl just gets jacket spuds here as i never know what to give her !

» Add a new message to this topic