FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > frankie boyle

frankie boyle

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *layfullsam OP   Man  over a year ago

Solihull

what do people think of him, Is any subject ok to make a joke about and where do you draw the line with humour ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

people are paying to see him.

so what does that tell you about society today.

personally i dont like him, hes just a modern day chubby brown, i dont like comedians that hve to swear every other word and be abusive to get a laugh

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I actually think he can be very funny.

But recently I've come to conclusion he's a prize cunt.

If someone disapproves of something; TV, Radio, Film, Concert, Product, newspaper etc etc

Boycott it, leave, don't watch it, change channel, don't buy it, if enough people do the same, it will have to change

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

curls up and remembers the last Mr Boyle thread.

play nice

I don't always like what he has to say but i do defend his right to make jokes about any target. What's fairer? Attacking only a selected portion of the planet population or all of it? What gives anybody the right to stop him saying what's on his mind, irrespecvtive of whether it's funny or not? Freedom of speech means he can air any _iew and anyone else can respond.

Tony.

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

I've never found him funny at all, but there again I don't find any of the modern crop of standup comedians funny either.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i think he is hilarious!!! ok he sails fairly close to the wind with some of his stuff but it makes me titter

I'm also a great fan too, yes he says some bad stuff, especially the Jordan gag that he's actually used in is stand up for many months. But did anyone complain then? No

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

he has a face only a mother could love and that i wanna slap

By *inktherapyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

he's an arse and goes too far too often

The only thing that saddens me more about that existence of Frankie Boyle style of humour, is there are people who actually pay to be in his audience and happily laugh at his jokes. Which kinda inflects many of his audience are also happy to be part of a society that ridicules the weak and vulnerable,

What a fucking shame, that many of these people laughing are parents and role models.

Hey its just my opinion and no offence intended to anyone who thinks differently…

"The only thing that saddens me more about that existence of Frankie Boyle style of humour, is there are people who actually pay to be in his audience and happily laugh at his jokes. Which kinda inflects many of his audience are also happy to be part of a society that ridicules the weak and vulnerable,

What a fucking shame, that many of these people laughing are parents and role models.

Hey its just my opinion and no offence intended to anyone who thinks differently…

"

Because people will pay to see him whatever he says and the more "bad" publicity the better for him I say

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.

Soren Kierkegaard

"I don't always like what he has to say but i do defend his right to make jokes about any target. What's fairer? Attacking only a selected portion of the planet population or all of it? What gives anybody the right to stop him saying what's on his mind, irrespecvtive of whether it's funny or not? Freedom of speech means he can air any _iew and anyone else can respond.

Tony."

People often misquote 'freedom of speech' it's far longer and entails considering others before speaking and not saying things that are derogatory , harmful or inciteful.

"The only thing that saddens me more about that existence of Frankie Boyle style of humour, is there are people who actually pay to be in his audience and happily laugh at his jokes. Which kinda inflects many of his audience are also happy to be part of a society that ridicules the weak and vulnerable,

"

Soxy ... that last line .... tut

By *issnLickCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I don't think you can draw a line as that line will be in a different place for everyone. I don't think his sketches are at all funny and while he was (IMHO) the best on Mock the Week some of his stand-up on Tramadol is just obnoxious rather than being funny (and obnoxious). There's a book called "South Park and Philosophy" which has a chapter on whether anything can be funny - draws a distinction between whether a joke is aesthetically funny or morally funny but I can't remember the end - it was last year's Xmas present : )

oooo I might look for that book. I read a lot around what humour is and isn't.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I like him. The problem is when people become popular and have to put on bigger shows, appear on telly, write books... they have to start stretching some of the material and they generally become less funny.

Soxy ... that last line .... tut "

Owww Granny ,,,, now that last line you refer too,,,, pehaps it could be read in a number if differing ways…by just a slight change of vocal inflection coupled with a strategic tilt of the left eyebrow,,,,,

But hark at me telling you that…. pah…… tut tut indeed,,,,,,

I shall now go sit in the naughty corner and contemplate my naval fluff until such times as my gonad’s have recovered sufficient testosterone levels enabling me to resume being the forthright and demonstrably opinionated Tranny go lately I should be….…… Ohhh the shame of it…..I’ve let my side down….. woe is meeeeeee ,,,, My bad...

However for the record, I still think Franky is just a puss filled Boyle on the bottom-burb of humanity though…..yuk

Fookin hell,,, I said “Burb”….. wtf…….”Burb”!……. frick,,, frick,,,,,, Ok …. I meant Burp……. now shhhh ,,,, I don't care

Read his book 'My Shit Life So Far!'.

After youve read it, read it again but this time look past the humour and rough language. Frankie is simply opening his mind to how we all at least sometimes think with sometimes at least little things that bother us and take the piss out off in our minds or down the pub after a couple of drinks. He (like most comedians to an extent) is simply voicing these _iews thoughts and comments for us.

Before watching pramadol nights (which i havent yet seen) watch The Morgana Show. Much, much more offensive towards those with special needs/autism and yet i get texts and comments telling me its so funny. And i do think its funny. My friend with multiple special needs/autism (tourettes, asbergers, ADHD, major OCD, ODD) also thinks its hilarious and watches recordings of the most previous show the following day.

In short, what im saying here is if you dont like it dont watch it.

"

People often misquote 'freedom of speech' it's far longer and entails considering others before speaking and not saying things that are derogatory , harmful or inciteful. "

Granted, but in simple terms he's allowed to say what he wants providing it doesn't incite violence. Whether you agree/disagree/find funny/or not is then your choice.If all comedians "considered others" before ridiculing them there'd not be many left doing stand up as most joke are at omebody elses expense.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"Fookin hell,,, I said “Burb”….. wtf…….”Burb”!……. frick,,, frick,,,,,, Ok …. I meant Burp……. now shhhh ,,,, I don't care "
And it's actually: 'pus'

"Fookin hell,,, I said “Burb”….. wtf…….”Burb”!……. frick,,, frick,,,,,, Ok …. I meant Burp……. now shhhh ,,,, I don't care And it's actually: 'pus'"

ahemmm,,,,,, I'll decide what kind of Puss or Pus I meant,,, thank-you very much.... Jeezzzz....

Flipp'in Nora,,,It's getting to that stage ya can't even pretend ya own typo's!, were typo's!!!.... struth,,,,

"Read his book 'My Shit Life So Far!'.

After youve read it, read it again but this time look past the humour and rough language. Frankie is simply opening his mind to how we all at least sometimes think with sometimes at least little things that bother us and take the piss out off in our minds or down the pub after a couple of drinks. He (like most comedians to an extent) is simply voicing these _iews thoughts and comments for us.

Before watching pramadol nights (which i havent yet seen) watch The Morgana Show. Much, much more offensive towards those with special needs/autism and yet i get texts and comments telling me its so funny. And i do think its funny. My friend with multiple special needs/autism (tourettes, asbergers, ADHD, major OCD, ODD) also thinks its hilarious and watches recordings of the most previous show the following day.

In short, what im saying here is if you dont like it dont watch it. "

WTF,,,,,,,,,,,, Hey, so your mate can deal with it,,,,,,, that is truly great, and he is to be genuinely comended and respected for that,,,,,

However, theres a shit-load of other people effected by similar situations to your mate, who cant deal with taking public ridicule and humiliation, all in good FUN!!!!…..

As for simply saying, you can just choose not watch frank boyle if you don’t like it……. ffs….. your missing the point of completely ,,,,,

Obviously frankly boyles offensive remarks are not streamed live into the face of everyone in the country 24/7 ,,,,,, But there are far to many instances where the cruel things he says reach the very people effected by the circumstance he’s aiming his vile taunts at, either by accident exposure or the stupid actions of pathetic idiots repeating them with malicious intent.

These Human beings, being mocked! have to suffer hurtful situations where their personal dignity is being attacked without having provoked any reason for that attack in the first place….

All in the name of a cheap laugh for the mindless twats who think its only a bit of fun!!!….….

Yeah man,,, now that sounds fucking great FUN ,,,,,lets make someone feel bad about themselves by making fun of their disability ,,, then piss our pants laughing about it….

Well Thank fuck I cant do that…,,,,, I’m so glad to be soft arse,, who’s able to understand the meaning of empathy

By * times sexyCouple  over a year ago

Staffs

I like comedy that pushes boundaries thats what its for,,, but the jade goody cervical cancer "joke" sorry frankie you went too far . It just aint funny especially when u have seen a loved one suffereing the same fate and leaving 2 kids behind,, sick , sick , sick

» Add a new message to this topic