FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Christmas Traditions

Christmas Traditions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What traditions do you remember from your youth that you have deemed to keep sacred and pass on to your children?

I read 'the night before christmas' on christmas eve and the morning is for playing christmas carols

what do you do that's traditional and nostalgic?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have this little bell that I ring outside in the garden, so the kids can hear Santa's sleighbells. I will be doing it tomorrow night - even though they are 21 and 15.

I never put my childrens presents under the tree before christmas eve. I do everyone elses, friends, other family members, but the kids love to see all their presents spilling out all over the floor when they come down. I used to put their presents in their bedrooms when they were younger, but they dont like me in their rooms now their older.

"I have this little bell that I ring outside in the garden, so the kids can hear Santa's sleighbells. I will be doing it tomorrow night - even though they are 21 and 15.

I never put my childrens presents under the tree before christmas eve. I do everyone elses, friends, other family members, but the kids love to see all their presents spilling out all over the floor when they come down. I used to put their presents in their bedrooms when they were younger, but they dont like me in their rooms now their older.

"

i do the pressies under the tree after the kids go to bed...and also leave a bit of porridge mixed with glitter on the fireplace...make the kids think it's special reindeer dust!

I hate bloody xmas every years the same get told not to be at my parents till 10am with the kids. Get a phone call from my dad at 6am ho, ho, ho where are you so we trapse round with torches lol get there open prezzies help mum with dinner while dad gets ready for pub he then clock watches until it opens. I play with the kids take dog out lol. Dad comes back d*unk and late for xmas dinner big argument then I escape home with the kids leaving dad snoring on sofa god I hate bloody xmas.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I don't have kids... but if I ever get round to it... I'll be putting a note on the living room door saying "no entry till 8am"

As a child I found out very early on that Santa didn't exist and on Xmas Eve we'd be all packed off to bed but I'd lay in bed listening to mum and dad wrapping the presents downstairs. They'd go to bed around 2am and I'd give them half an hour to get to sleep then down I'd go. By 4am I'd unwrapped everything, played with my toys and by 8am I'd be bored shitless waiting for everyone else to get up and unwrap theirs.

I still get up early but the pressies don't get opened until we've had breakfast these days.

My little lad was too young to really appreciate what was going on last year but he should be able to rip his pressies open by himself this year, but, surprisingly, they're all under the tree and he hasn't touched them at all.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

This isn't my tradition but I'm keen to start it up in my household.

I was watching my morning edition of teletubbies and when tinkywinky's tummy turned on he was showing a film of Christmas in Spain.

They got a large log, put smaller logs on the bottom of it like legs, then they decorated one end of the log like a face. They put a blanket over it and put a bread bun next to it (for it to eat?) at this point it resembled a pig or a mammal of that size.

Then 6 children went and got really big sticks came back and whacked the fuck out of the log while singing a song.

Lo and behold they pulled the blanket off the pig/log and it had shit loads of presents!!!

Now that's Christmas!!!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"What traditions do you remember from your youth that you have deemed to keep sacred and pass on to your children?

I read 'the night before christmas' on christmas eve and the morning is for playing christmas carols

what do you do that's traditional and nostalgic?"

All the animals in my family as soon as they arrive they have their paw prints done in plaster of paris, these are then painted and names put on and the date, these are put on the tree every year, soft i know , but kinda nice

Maybe not a tradition as such, but when younger, about a week before Christmas, my sister and myself had to have a good clean out of our room. Old broken toys to be thrown out, toys that we had out grown or did play with that were in good condition, packed up to go to the charity shop. To make room for the new toys from santa.

I still do the same, no kids here, but the week before Christmas, I have a good clear out of stuff.

"Maybe not a tradition as such, but when younger, about a week before Christmas, my sister and myself had to have a good clean out of our room. Old broken toys to be thrown out, toys that we had out grown or did play with that were in good condition, packed up to go to the charity shop. To make room for the new toys from santa.

I still do the same, no kids here, but the week before Christmas, I have a good clear out of stuff."

you mean..you still throw away your toys? does that include toy boys?!

heartless

cruel

I love it

"Maybe not a tradition as such, but when younger, about a week before Christmas, my sister and myself had to have a good clean out of our room. Old broken toys to be thrown out, toys that we had out grown or did play with that were in good condition, packed up to go to the charity shop. To make room for the new toys from santa.

I still do the same, no kids here, but the week before Christmas, I have a good clear out of stuff.

you mean..you still throw away your toys? does that include toy boys?!

heartless

cruel

I love it "

I'm nice, I'll look after em. Poor things.

ooops forgot me post.

I always put out my all singing, all skiing Santa next to the tree.

» Add a new message to this topic