FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How do you tell

How do you tell

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Your upstairs neighbours nicely to shut the f**k up,

I moved into a new flat 2 weeks ago and there is a family of 4 living in the 1 bed flat above me, the kids do not walk they run all the time, they jump a lot in the room above my sitting room, I think they have one of those computer games which involve this, they scream and shout all hours day and night, when the kids are not there for the evening the parents play their sound system at full blast, mainly heavy metal music and of a night time when the kids have gone to bed, the father practise guitar and joy of joys he got an electric one for Christmas, which was still being played at 3.30 this morning, I know they have been used to my flat being empty for nearly a year but they also know that someone is living down here now, so I need a diplomatic way of telling them

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

DIFFICULT ! it is a difficult one ,no matter how you say it ,no nice way ,but just knock on and ask them politely . or it will send you mad , FRANKIE XX

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

It's important to keep a diary of events, is this council / housing association or are you a leaseholder?

It's also worth bearing in mind, noise travels and therefore you'll not be the only one raising this

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm a private tennant in a 3 flat house

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Just be polite about it... sometimes people just don't realise and if they're reasonable people then they'll be fine.

If they're not reasonable about it then keep a note of times and dates and speak to the landlord.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"I'm a private tennant in a 3 flat house"

Get the other tennant's opinion, hopefully you'll have some support

Speak to your landlord regarding this matter and he has to deal with it or know the right people

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

well i went next door and asked to to turn it down they didnt so took a cpl of days off work sent the mrs away and stopped up and bounced a football against there bedroom wall non stop next day they turned the noise down

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

local councils enviromental heatlh should have a departmet for this, they even have an out of hours number you can phone. at least my council do.

you have made an attempt to ask the to turn it down, next move is probaly write to them the good old fashioned way, if it then continues phone enviromental health.

i live in a similar type of flat it seems and have had this issue.

That ended with an eviction and an ASBO for the tennat concerend, it took time but worked.

although the idiot concerned in my case was putting the speakers from his stereo out of the dormer window onto the roof, and blasting out music that could be hear 3 streets away

Hold a couple a orgies then they will be too busy listening ta you ta make any noise xx

(seriously good luck with it hun ) xx

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"Hold a couple a orgies then they will be too busy listening ta you ta make any noise xx

(seriously good luck with it hun ) xx "

just talk to them and tell them ur problem.. if that dont work talk to ur landlord.. if that dont work move.. hope it works out for u xx

Ask them, leave music on all night when your out, inform the authorities about noise abuse, get aggressive. They may all work who knows but try making friends with them they might keep it down to maintain a friendship.

» Add a new message to this topic