FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Parental controls???

Parental controls???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Got my daughter a net book for christmas and not sure which is the best software to use for her Internet browsing.

Can anyone recommend a good one?

kat x x x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icknDeeCouple  over a year ago

hartlepool

In our experience none work. It turns into an arms race... no matter what controls you use, the kids will see it as a challenge to try to get round. They'll spend more time trying to beat you than using the laptop for what it's meant for.

Far better in our experience to teach your kids how to be safe on the internet, how to deal with strangers and what the dangers are. Then spy on em to make sure they're doing it lol.

Personally though if you must put controls in place, I find it better to do it at the router than the netbook itself.

Mike

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is two that I know of there is Net Nanny and supervised and protect if you google them they will come up.

Michelle

T mobile dongal I have two one for me and one for the girls they come with an over 18 content lock which has to be deactivated by an adult £15 a month unlimted browsing

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

try cnet or download.com,as they have free downloads and i use them for my kids updates on security etc,im sure youl find a very effective download there,but read the reviews

If they are connecting via a wireless router in the house, these sometimes have options to block sites or other types of filtering for certain users. find the manual for it and see if it has this feature.

But it is always going to be a losing battle!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Net nanny is easily got round by any teenager with IT knowledge

» Add a new message to this topic