FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Those phone scammers

Those phone scammers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ed OP   Man  over a year ago

cambridgeshire

We all need to live with them, those ppl from far away phoning you trying to get your money out of your bank account by any means...

This post is not for angst and complaining, but sharing how to have fun with them, before ruining their day.

I'm going to let a few people share before I do though

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

my brother waits till they've got to the end of their spiel,and stage-whispers 'it's done...but there's blood everywhere'...in a very emotional, cracking tone...says 9 out of times 10 the phone goes dead immediatly..

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I love to keep them chatting as if I am doing what they ask .. till it comes to the time I say I have a Mac.. they then put the phone down.

Am I the only one that is really sarcastic to them until they hang up?

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

[Removed by poster at 29/10/15 21:24:23]

By *olfcartweaselCouple  over a year ago

Melrose

I like trying to upset them.

Usually it's something like "does your mother know she raised a thief? The only difference between you and a pickpocket is you get air conditioning" or something along those lines.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I ask them if they mind if I continue with what I was doing when they called. They invariably say yes so I switch the vac on and leave the phone next to it

I just leave the phone on the table, let their bill run up

I had one tell me I had an accident that wasn't my fault and then when I questioned him he said they had been passed the details on. He eventually apologised and said he would take my name off the system. Probably sell it on to a pension company

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

My mum was caught out by one of the "Microsoft" scammers. I do not have the vocabulary to articulate my extreme distaste for these low lifes and the distress they caused an elderly woman should give every single one of them sleepless nights for the rest of their lives.

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

"Is that Mr Cassius?

"Yes"

"I'm calling about your recent accident"

"Which particular accident is that?"

"So you've had one recently?"

"You tell me, you're calling me about it"

"Well have you had one or not?"

"You're just ambulance chasing aren't you?"

"I am NOT an ambulance chaser!!!"

"Oh I think you are"

"I can assure I'm not!!"...then hung up

Forum Mod

East Sussex

When a "gentleman" rang me recently about an accident I'd had I told him I couldn't remember having one, he replied that it must be because of my age the cheeky young whippersnapper. I laughed and hung up

After a fourth call in a row at work i got fed up so started playing arny quotes down the phone to the sales guy. That was pretty amusing and chee_ed my day up

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

"When a "gentleman" rang me recently about an accident I'd had I told him I couldn't remember having one, he replied that it must be because of my age the cheeky young whippersnapper. I laughed and hung up "

I've told another one that asked for me by name that I was my cousin and I'd passed away. Couldn't apologise enough and promised to take my number off their database.

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

a friends pc got crashed by one of them after he let them on his pc

it got formatted and reinstalled at least they had sense not to pay them

you should really try the one where they got hacked instead of you ive had a few crying on the other end of the phone for it

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

My bf took a call with someone forcefully saying he contacted them about a accident and keep repeating what was the accident.

He said I dropped my dinner and it went all over the floor and the gut at the other end of the phone shouted " then pick it up and then mop the floor" and hung up lol

My bf was gutted they got the last word lol xx

I had one at 20 saying I was owed ppi for a loan I took out 4 years prior. I asked them what company would give a loan to a 16 year old. Funnily enough they couldn't name one.

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

I have a answer phone, and only answer messages with who I know who it is, and the people I do know know this otherwise I just let it ring please leave your message after the bleep, haha They soon get the message alright I should Have thought of it a long time ago.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"We all need to live with them, those ppl from far away phoning you trying to get your money out of your bank account by any means...

This post is not for angst and complaining, but sharing how to have fun with them, before ruining their day.

I'm going to let a few people share before I do though"

. I prefer to be polite to them. Whilst I disagree with their approach ,I could never get any pleasure from either being rude or mocking people . Most of the people making these calls are in low paid jobs.

By *umpleteazerWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I try to keep them on the phone as long as possible. I figure if they are on to me they are not conning others. My record is 47 minutes. I kept Microsoft (yeah right!) on the phpne while I unpacked my 'new computer' and set it up so I could give them the details from it. You are correct if you are thinking I need to get a life lol

cambridgeshire

"We all need to live with them, those ppl from far away phoning you trying to get your money out of your bank account by any means...

Hey, thanks to all, more replies than I expected really

This was prompted by my realisation mid blazing row with one of the Microsoft alleged service center.

Once I had strung him along a little, he launched into the vilest things about how he was going to F*** my parents, and my grandparents, and me!

I did lose my cool a little at that point, but realised I had got under his skin, so responded telling him it was illegal in the UK to f*** my grandparents as the were both dead, and were cremated anyway, so all he would get would be a dusty knob, and that my parents were old enough to make their own decision but they were people of taste and probably would like him much.

He did get a little out of control then, and the more out of control he got, the more in control I felt, even though I know there is nothing yet we can do to them.

He threatened me with violence too, the little scamp

He knew my address (they do usually..), and he took great delight in telling me, thinking it would rattle me, so I offe_ed to pick him up from the local railway station so he could have a go..

He's not arrived yet

Forum Mod

East Sussex

This was prompted by my realisation mid blazing row with one of the Microsoft alleged service center.

Once I had strung him along a little, he launched into the vilest things about how he was going to F*** my parents, and my grandparents, and me!

I did lose my cool a little at that point, but realised I had got under his skin, so responded telling him it was illegal in the UK to f*** my grandparents as the were both dead, and were cremated anyway, so all he would get would be a dusty knob, and that my parents were old enough to make their own decision but they were people of taste and probably would like him much.

He did get a little out of control then, and the more out of control he got, the more in control I felt, even though I know there is nothing yet we can do to them.

He knew my address (they do usually..), and he took great delight in telling me, thinking it would rattle me, so I offe_ed to pick him up from the local railway station so he could have a go..

He's not arrived yet

"

When this happened to my mum she didn't sleep for ages worried "they" were going to come and beat her and my dad up. My mum is 81 my father 88, the people who made them so afraid are less than dog shit on my shoe in my opinion.

cambridgeshire

He's not arrived yet

When this happened to my mum she didn't sleep for ages worried "they" were going to come and beat her and my dad up. My mum is 81 my father 88, the people who made them so afraid are less than dog shit on my shoe in my opinion."

Totally agree. I hope you don't think I'm making light of your parents' fears.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

He's not arrived yet

When this happened to my mum she didn't sleep for ages worried "they" were going to come and beat her and my dad up. My mum is 81 my father 88, the people who made them so afraid are less than dog shit on my shoe in my opinion.

Totally agree. I hope you don't think I'm making light of your parents' fears.

"

No you gave your perspective.

i tell them we are tps registe_ed and they should not be calling me - usually hang up before i do

Always have some fun with them. Ask them if you get a squeaky toy for doing this or what time the take away arrives.

By *uxom _edCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I tend to ask... How do you know the deceased? And they put the phone down

Ayrshire

I'm going to let a few people share before I do though. I prefer to be polite to them. Whilst I disagree with their approach ,I could never get any pleasure from either being rude or mocking people . Most of the people making these calls are in low paid jobs. "

I think most people are talking about the obvious scammers like the one from China I think it is, they claim to be Microsoft and tell you that you have a virus. Then try sell you software for £80 xx

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I'm going to let a few people share before I do though. I prefer to be polite to them. Whilst I disagree with their approach ,I could never get any pleasure from either being rude or mocking people . Most of the people making these calls are in low paid jobs. "

You feel sorry for scammers?

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

No fecker gets my bank details no matter how legit they sound

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't get many but the last one I gave the phone to my granddaughter.She was two at the time , it took a while before the woman realised she was talking gobbledigook

Ayrshire

"I don't get many but the last one I gave the phone to my granddaughter.She was two at the time , it took a while before the woman realised she was talking gobbledigook "

Please don't do that, I done it once with my daughter who was 3ish at the time they started swearing at her telling her say whore. Thankfully since they were foreign she didn't understand xx

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I don't get many but the last one I gave the phone to my granddaughter.She was two at the time , it took a while before the woman realised she was talking gobbledigook

Please don't do that, I done it once with my daughter who was 3ish at the time they started swearing at her telling her say whore. Thankfully since they were foreign she didn't understand xx"

I had it on loudspeaker , the lady was just confused.....but that's bad, they are obviously suited to their scamming job if they abuse people when they say no

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I like trying to upset them.

Usually it's something like "does your mother know she raised a thief? The only difference between you and a pickpocket is you get air conditioning" or something along those lines."

I won't tell you the things my other half tells them!

Melrose

"I prefer to be polite to them. Whilst I disagree with their approach ,I could never get any pleasure from either being rude or mocking people . Most of the people making these calls are in low paid jobs. "

Why? Would you be polite with a pickpocket you caught with his fingers on your wallet? There's no measurable difference.

Melrose

"I won't tell you the things my other half tells them! "

Just shouting and swearing at them has no effect. Easy to shrug off. You need to really get under their skin, to upset them. Given they're calling out of a small set of call centers in a single town in India, go for cultural points like family dishonour.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I joined the TPS so I don't get random calls.

I just joined another one for junk mail.

Melrose

"I joined the TPS so I don't get random calls.

I just joined another one for junk mail. "

The TPS only works for companies operating legally.

Indian call centers trying to scam elderly women 80 quid at a time are not operating legally.

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Indian call centers trying to scam elderly women 80 quid at a time are not operating legally."

I've not had any of them either. Is that cause I'm not old enough?!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

If its obvious its not a scam, double glazing, pollsters etc i will be polite but when it is one i ask the caller how do they look into the eyes of their parents and answer honestly when asked how was their 'day at work'..

some are vile scum ans preying on the elderly and vulnerable is disgusting..

Ayrshire

Indian call centers trying to scam elderly women 80 quid at a time are not operating legally.

I've not had any of them either. Is that cause I'm not old enough?!"

Nothing to do with age you obviously smart enough not to five your number out. A old number I had the phone rang non stop with our new number we inherited it from last person to have it. Thinking of just cutting it off xx

Block em... simple easy and fast.

My phone doesn't accept anonymous numbers for the same reason.

Done, pow, problem solved.

If you phone can't do any of that... buy a better phone. xx

Ayrshire

"Block em... simple easy and fast.

My phone doesn't accept anonymous numbers for the same reason.

Done, pow, problem solved.

If you phone can't do any of that... buy a better phone. xx"

Tbh I never use it anyway. My dad and his mum still call from time to time everyone uses mobiles now a days. Xx

It's always fun having lengthy conversations with the conservatory sales callers... i pick out the size, i pick out the colour, i talk about the money.... then i ask if it comes on stilts because i live on the 1st floor

Ayrshire

"It's always fun having lengthy conversations with the conservatory sales callers... i pick out the size, i pick out the colour, i talk about the money.... then i ask if it comes on stilts because i live on the 1st floor "

Don't they hit back with ours have stilts lol

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I've not had any of them either. Is that cause I'm not old enough?!"

It certainly helps, but unfortunately it's not foolproof. Where there's a will and all that...

Lol not the last 3 times!

» Add a new message to this topic