FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > UTIs...

UTIs...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Boys... I'd look away

Ladies... If you've ever had one, what symptoms did you have? I'm not sure if I've got one or not. I can't really go even though it feels like I need to - even though I woke up at 6 this morning, fit to burst - and my kidneys have been aching a bit too. Not hurting exactly, just annoying

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Drink lots, barley water or cranberry juice and make an appointment with your GP.

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

"Drink lots, barley water or cranberry juice and make an appointment with your GP. "

"Drink lots, barley water or cranberry juice and make an appointment with your GP. "

Yeah, I read on line about making sure that you drink loads to get everything working as it should. Making an appointment today

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

white grape juice is good too...over the counter cystitis remedies do work,if its just a bout of cystitis, but ask for the generic one..taste isnt great but theyre about 1/4 of price of the brands

Does it burn when you wee ?

Cystitis

Plenty of fluid - cranberry juice

Over the counter remedies available.

Ask the pharmacist or arrange to see your GP

Oh hello!! This is my area!! Having three kids I suffered from these ALOT during pregnancy!!

Burning feeling when you wee is one of the obvious signs, having to see every five mins even though you haven't d*unk anything and sometimes hallucinations in some cases (more for the older people)

Drink lots of water, cranberry juice and see your GP as soon as you can X

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Ma ex had cystitis and she just drank plenty of water for a few days

Moaned like hell in the meantime though until it cleared up a few days later

I've had them without symptoms, they were noticed during routine tests they have in pregnancy.

Pain when u can pee, maybe a little blood in the urine, best get yourself off to the go and get checked out!

Hope you feel better soon!

Damn it that was meant to say wee!

"Boys... I'd look away

Ladies... If you've ever had one, what symptoms did you have? I'm not sure if I've got one or not. I can't really go even though it feels like I need to - even though I woke up at 6 this morning, fit to burst - and my kidneys have been aching a bit too. Not hurting exactly, just annoying "

Don't let anyone give you oral til it's confirmed and treated, it won't kill whoever does it but they will have tummy cramps and heat and cold sweats... might have others but that's what I got.

the doc will likely give you a scrip for trimethoprim...don't let them fob you off with 5 days worth..insist on 14 days worth..probably dont need more than 7-10 days worth, but if you take it for 5, its more than likely the whole thing will start again..

I get them regularly as I've CKD. Best thing to do is to drink loads of water and cranberry juice (try to find one that's not full of sugar). If no better, you'll need trimethoprim. You can also get cystitis relief tablets from pharmacies to relieve the symptoms.

If you're getting bad flank pain, then the NHS suggests you see a doctor just in case. If your urine changes colour at all, definitely do.

And no, it doesn't sting when I pee at all. That's what made me wonder

"And no, it doesn't sting when I pee at all. That's what made me wonder "

It's probably just cystitis then.

potential kidney infection..

see if a nurse could just dip your urine..

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"And no, it doesn't sting when I pee at all. That's what made me wonder

It's probably just cystitis then. "

I'm confused... I have excruciating pain with cystitis.

*scratches head*

"potential kidney infection..

see if a nurse could just dip your urine.. "

BTW OP when I first had renal problems, two different nurses told me I was wrong to suspect a kidney problem as you can't feel your kidneys. Request to see someone else if you're told this, too.

Whatever it is. It doesn't sound friendly. Hope you get better soon x

*scratches head*"

Cystitis is just inflammation/irritation of the bladder. Infections can cause it, but you can have it without an infection (sex can be a cause). No burning pain probably means no infection.

*scratches head*"

agree.. cystitus for me is like pissing razor blades .. feeling fit to burst and only a slight dribble

BTW OP when I first had renal problems, two different nurses told me I was wrong to suspect a kidney problem as you can't feel your kidneys. Request to see someone else if you're told this, too. "

Ahhh. No, no one's told me that, I only mentioned it as I felt gripping pains in my lower back last night, feels fine now though.

BTW OP when I first had renal problems, two different nurses told me I was wrong to suspect a kidney problem as you can't feel your kidneys. Request to see someone else if you're told this, too.

Ahhh. No, no one's told me that, I only mentioned it as I felt gripping pains in my lower back last night, feels fine now though."

I'd see a doctor in any case. I stupidly ignored my symptoms which could've prevented dialysis.

"the doc will likely give you a scrip for trimethoprim...don't let them fob you off with 5 days worth..insist on 14 days worth..probably dont need more than 7-10 days worth, but if you take it for 5, its more than likely the whole thing will start again.."

Please DO NOT do this OP. Overuse of antibiotics is the reason there is resistance to trimethoprim in some parts of the country.

Shouldn't you be asking a medical professional.

"the doc will likely give you a scrip for trimethoprim...don't let them fob you off with 5 days worth..insist on 14 days worth..probably dont need more than 7-10 days worth, but if you take it for 5, its more than likely the whole thing will start again..

Please DO NOT do this OP. Overuse of antibiotics is the reason there is resistance to trimethoprim in some parts of the country."

i completely agree with antibiotic not being over used...i mentioned this because, after getting several bouts of uti's a couple of years ago, my pharmamcists advice was to take at least 7 days worth to get rid of it...she said people rountinely get given 5 days worth, just keeping getting symptoms again, and get given another 5 days worth..her advice was to get rid of it properly, and to get tested for a wider variety of couses if it came back, not just keep taking prescription after prescription of the same thing for the exact reasons you give...

"Shouldn't you be asking a medical professional. "

Exactly what i was thinking. The symptoms vary wildly and without testing none of us can give you advice OP. Please make sure that the only advice you take is to drink plenty of water and see your gp.

By *uncpl83Couple  over a year ago

wolverhampton

"Boys... I'd look away

Ladies... If you've ever had one, what symptoms did you have? I'm not sure if I've got one or not. I can't really go even though it feels like I need to - even though I woke up at 6 this morning, fit to burst - and my kidneys have been aching a bit too. Not hurting exactly, just annoying "

is your urine a darker colour then normal? If it is sounds like a kidney infection maybe, but same advice as everyone else, contact your GP

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

"Boys... I'd look away

I always get them quite serve rely on pregnancy and I was always just as you described so it's possible but a urine sample tested my your dr is the only sure method of confirming the diagnosis and if so getting the antibiotics to treat it

» Add a new message to this topic