FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Recurring dreams...

Recurring dreams...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rtemisia OP   Woman  over a year ago

Norwich

Who gets them? Recently, I keep dreaming that I'm doing a degree but I consistently fail to turn up to seminars on one particular subject. The tutor is rude and talks too quickly, so I just gave up. I know that I won't graduate unless I sort it out. I dream this several times a week. It must mean something, but what?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had a recurring dream for years that I had a little or orange helicopter which my legs stuck out of the bottom. When I wanted to take of I just bent my knees and pushed off the ground, and I would fly over hills and forests for miles and miles.

The end of the dream would always be me not managing to make it off the ground anymore, as if I'd run out of power. I adored that dream, it made me euphoric with joy

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"Who gets them? Recently, I keep dreaming that I'm doing a degree but I consistently fail to turn up to seminars on one particular subject. The tutor is rude and talks too quickly, so I just gave up. I know that I won't graduate unless I sort it out. I dream this several times a week. It must mean something, but what?"

Disc malfunction

By *nFairnessMan  over a year ago

The Four Corners

"Who gets them? Recently, I keep dreaming that I'm doing a degree but I consistently fail to turn up to seminars on one particular subject. The tutor is rude and talks too quickly, so I just gave up. I know that I won't graduate unless I sort it out. I dream this several times a week. It must mean something, but what?"

In my experience i use dreams as interpretations of things i'm not acknowledging in my waking life...

Depending on how literal you are you could go this is bullshit... (fair enough)

In my opinion everything i see in my perception is something i should acknowledge because i believe everything happens for a reason....as such anything that captures my attention holds value to me....

If you want a meaning to it...ask yourself truthfully... what am i missing/avoiding/denying/not acknowledging/not learning at the moment. and make peace with the fact that you have the potential to be anything and to change anything at a moments notice.

Norwich

"I had a recurring dream for years that I had a little or orange helicopter which my legs stuck out of the bottom. When I wanted to take of I just bent my knees and pushed off the ground, and I would fly over hills and forests for miles and miles.

The end of the dream would always be me not managing to make it off the ground anymore, as if I'd run out of power. I adored that dream, it made me euphoric with joy "

That sounds great! I want that dream.

I actually remember that particular dream coming up when I did my degree in oneirology

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

I dream about Burning Man occasionally but that's hardly surprising

Yep, dreams can be weird, not so much a recurring one but strange non the less. I'm playing football and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini runs on in her heels and boots my nuts?!?!?! What is that about???

I have a recurring dream theme where family members and friends who have died are present and only I can see or hear them. My dreams are sometimes in glorious,surreal Technicolor too.

Norwich

"Who gets them? Recently, I keep dreaming that I'm doing a degree but I consistently fail to turn up to seminars on one particular subject. The tutor is rude and talks too quickly, so I just gave up. I know that I won't graduate unless I sort it out. I dream this several times a week. It must mean something, but what?

In my experience i use dreams as interpretations of things i'm not acknowledging in my waking life...

In my opinion everything i see in my perception is something i should acknowledge because i believe everything happens for a reason....as such anything that captures my attention holds value to me....

If you want a meaning to it...ask yourself truthfully... what am i missing/avoiding/denying/not acknowledging/not learning at the moment. and make peace with the fact that you have the potential to be anything and to change anything at a moments notice."

I actually do think this is true. In reality I finished my degree when I was forty and to my surprise it went very well. It taught me a lot about how my brain works. I've had various jobs since, but I'm now thinking of working for myself. Practical worries are hovering over me about how good an idea this actually is. Maybe my dream is saying that I should find the same courage I had when I was studying and it was all still to play for.

By *nFairnessMan  over a year ago

The Four Corners

"Who gets them? Recently, I keep dreaming that I'm doing a degree but I consistently fail to turn up to seminars on one particular subject. The tutor is rude and talks too quickly, so I just gave up. I know that I won't graduate unless I sort it out. I dream this several times a week. It must mean something, but what?

If you want a meaning to it...ask yourself truthfully... what am i missing/avoiding/denying/not acknowledging/not learning at the moment. and make peace with the fact that you have the potential to be anything and to change anything at a moments notice.

I actually do think this is true. In reality I finished my degree when I was forty and to my surprise it went very well. It taught me a lot about how my brain works. I've had various jobs since, but I'm now thinking of working for myself. Practical worries are hovering over me about how good an idea this actually is. Maybe my dream is saying that I should find the same courage I had when I was studying and it was all still to play for."

Some people will agree with you some shall disagree at the end of the day and say what are you talking about it's just a dream... its what feels right to you in the situation. noone has had your experiences and such to see the world through your eyes, and therefore are incapable of agreeing and disagreeing if that makes sense.

more specifically going to your comment about 'It's all to play for'.... The moments in our life when we feel like we have nowhere to go or noone to see etc etc are actually moments when we have endless choice and feel overencumbered by it all. for example if i was made homeless tomorrow i could look at it as i can walk in any direction i wanted.

OR i can feel hopeless....both are viable.... the reality lies in your choice on how you perceive your world.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I get a few recurring dreams and some of them are great - and leave me looking forward to the next performance.

In general, I don't put too much emphasis upon the meanings of dreams, unlike Freud etc used to do. I think it's just our minds processing stuff that's in the 'to do' pile, the collection of experiences, thoughts, desires and all other things that are somehow not fully stored, including those things that have recently happened and not laid into longer term memory.

If your brain has its processing interrupted, it doesn't typically lay down firm memories of recently occurring experiences (that day, or upto a few days before) - it seems that much of what we do is processed after the event. As such, the ideal time when we'd do that is overnight, in our dreams. To improve your memory, I recommend that we get as much good sleep as possible: I know that's a tough one for many of us, but a worthwhile goal.

If you have dreams that are disturbing in some way, then they may reflect something that doesn't fit the exact content of the dream, even if it represents it: it may just be a few things, rather than one.

I used to have a recurring theme when I was young. I don't have dreams anymore, really.

Anyway, I was me as a child, and I kept running from room to room. Each room was dark and empty. I was running from a giant white bunny with red eyes. I don't know how I knew it was a bunny or that it was white as it was pitch black. But the red eyes would keep following me.

It used to scare the shit out of me.

-Courtney

When I'm up in the night with the boys, and end up sleeping on the sofa when they nod off again, I quite often dream about being attacked by an invisible entity, it puts heavy pressure on me and puts covers over my head, and has dragged me across the floor on a couple of occasions, it feels real and I wake up shaking sometimes.

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

These days I just have recurring nightmares.

But when I was a child I had a recurring dream that a giraffe lived between my headboard and the wall and he'd talk to me and nuzzle my face. I enjoyed that one.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

When I was young,I had a recurring dream I could fly,not flap wings fly,just walking then suddenly I would just take off.

if I'm honest I was bricking it,always waiting for the fall.

In the last couple of years I've been having the same dream,

minus the fear of falling,it's friggin brilliant.

I don't really care what it means,

but what i would like know is,

does anybody know what I can do to ensure I keep having it.

"I had a recurring dream for years that I had a little or orange helicopter which my legs stuck out of the bottom. When I wanted to take of I just bent my knees and pushed off the ground, and I would fly over hills and forests for miles and miles.

The end of the dream would always be me not managing to make it off the ground anymore, as if I'd run out of power. I adored that dream, it made me euphoric with joy "

I used to have flying dreams a few times a week when I was a child and I still get one every now and then still.

I bloody love sleeping.

By *trawberry-popWoman  over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Ah yes I did have flying dreams too.

So vivid that I believed they were real until I 'took off' at the top of the stairs.

» Add a new message to this topic