FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Not a good start....

Not a good start....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not a good start to my weekend when I came back to my car only to find another car has scraped all my front bumper.....

I know its only a material object and not life n death but I'm fuming that no one had the decency to leave a note on my window etc....

So now I'm hunting for the Honda that was parked in front of mine and if I see it with dark blue paint on its bumper what do I do??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm so anal that I take photos of the cars parked next to me.

"I'm so anal that I take photos of the cars parked next to me. "

Yeah I think I will be looking to do similar in future .... x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm so anal that I take photos of the cars parked next to me. "

Every time you park?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Not a good start to my weekend when I came back to my car only to find another car has scraped all my front bumper.....

I know its only a material object and not life n death but I'm fuming that no one had the decency to leave a note on my window etc....

So now I'm hunting for the Honda that was parked in front of mine and if I see it with dark blue paint on its bumper what do I do??

"

If you can be absolutely sure it's the car that hit you take the registration and report them to the police for hit and run.

Edinburgh

"I'm so anal that I take photos of the cars parked next to me.

Every time you park?"

Yup!

I my car.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Every time you park?

Yup!

I my car. "

Serious question, why?

Happened to me. I've given up caring. Life's too short and there are too many knobheads for me to inflict vengeance on them all

Every time you park?

Yup!

I my car. "

Haha bet you have more pics than an excited train spotter at a Thomas the Tank convention

Every time you park?

Yup!

I my car. "

I understand. My baby is a sexy lady who enjoys being pushed hard from time to time

Edinburgh

Every time you park?

Yup!

I my car.

Serious question, why?"

It depends where I park but I left my old car in M&S car park and some fucker ran into it and left a big dent in it. Now if I park somewhere like that I take photos of the reg of the cars next to me when I get out. It's not fool proof but it's better than having nothing if it happens again.

"Not a good start to my weekend when I came back to my car only to find another car has scraped all my front bumper.....

If you can be absolutely sure it's the car that hit you take the registration and report them to the police for hit and run."

The car wasn't there when I got back but remember what was parked in front of me......wish I'd taken the reg though when I parked up

Edinburgh

Every time you park?

Yup!

I my car.

Haha bet you have more pics than an excited train spotter at a Thomas the Tank convention "

Haha... I delete them when I come back and Barney is in the same nick as when I left him.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Every time you park?

Yup!

I my car.

Serious question, why?

It depends where I park but I left my old car in M&S car park and some fucker ran into it and left a big dent in it. Now if I park somewhere like that I take photos of the reg of the cars next to me when I get out. It's not fool proof but it's better than having nothing if it happens again. "

and how would you trace the cars if eg. you had a scrape on say your bumper?

Every time you park?

Yup!

I my car.

Haha bet you have more pics than an excited train spotter at a Thomas the Tank convention

Haha... I delete them when I come back and Barney is in the same nick as when I left him. "

Barney! Oh ffs

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Every time you park?

Yup!

I my car.

Serious question, why?

It depends where I park but I left my old car in M&S car park and some fucker ran into it and left a big dent in it. Now if I park somewhere like that I take photos of the reg of the cars next to me when I get out. It's not fool proof but it's better than having nothing if it happens again. "

I guess so but by your logic the car most likely to do it won't be there when you park up.

Edinburgh

Every time you park?

Yup!

I my car.

Serious question, why?

It depends where I park but I left my old car in M&S car park and some fucker ran into it and left a big dent in it. Now if I park somewhere like that I take photos of the reg of the cars next to me when I get out. It's not fool proof but it's better than having nothing if it happens again.

and how would you trace the cars if eg. you had a scrape on say your bumper?"

The would depend on the damage I guess but if there's a massive dent in my near side wing like there was last time and the paint colour matches that of the car that was parked next to me then it's a start. Taking a pic takes two seconds. I have a beautiful car and I worked hard for him. I like to look after him.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

If you can be absolutely sure it's the car that hit you take the registration and report them to the police for hit and run.

The car wasn't there when I got back but remember what was parked in front of me......wish I'd taken the reg though when I parked up "

You have no way of knowing if another car did it after they left though.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Every time you park?

Yup!

I my car.

Serious question, why?

and how would you trace the cars if eg. you had a scrape on say your bumper?

The would depend on the damage I guess but if there's a massive dent in my near side wing like there was last time and the paint colour matches that of the car that was parked next to me then it's a start. Taking a pic takes two seconds. I have a beautiful car and I worked hard for him. I like to look after him. "

but that car may have driven away and another car then did the damage and offed it which annoyingly happens..

not even sure the insurer's would bother to chase it up other than a letter to the other owner..

Edinburgh

Every time you park?

Yup!

I my car.

Serious question, why?

I guess so but by your logic the car most likely to do it won't be there when you park up. "

To be fair, I generally park in the space furthest away from the shops and not many do but if I have to park next to someone I take a photo.

Every time you park?

Yup!

I my car.

Serious question, why?

I guess so but by your logic the car most likely to do it won't be there when you park up.

To be fair, I generally park in the space furthest away from the shops and not many do but if I have to park next to someone I take a photo. "

I do that now. Less dickheads to piss me off

Forum Mod

East Sussex

My car has loads of door dings, the bumper has been pushed in by someone reversing in to it and my rear window was smashed when it was sitting on my drive one night. I consider it an occupational hazard but it can get annoying.

Edinburgh

"My car has loads of door dings, the bumper has been pushed in by someone reversing in to it and my rear window was smashed when it was sitting on my drive one night. I consider it an occupational hazard but it can get annoying."

I think for me it's the first time I've had a really nice, really new car and I hate that lots of other people just don't care. I watched a guy outside my flat reverse out of the space that he'd wedged himself in, hitting my car in the process. There was no damage but if you can't get your van out of the space without hitting another car then you shouldn't have parked there in the first place. He got proper wrath!

» Add a new message to this topic