FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wisdom tooth extraction..

Wisdom tooth extraction..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok so last saturday i had a top wisdom, bottom wisdom and the back molar extracted...i wasnt having any pain until about 3 days later...having what feels like achy shooting pain down the side of my face...anyone else had this???..and if so how long did it take for you to heal? Thanks x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yuck! I hate toothache... you have my sympathy. I had all four of mine removed under general anaesthetic about 20 years ago. I'm not sure I remember much other than it hurt after and my face was all bruised. Are you taking painkillers?

Ibuprofen and paracetamol...its giving me headaches aswell

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You may have a dry socket....that comes on a few days after extraction but unfortunately you will probably need antibiotics.

Speak with your dentist through as some dentists will clean the extraction hole out n pack it to fight the infection rather than giving antibiotics.

I've had a dry socket a few times and if left untreated it can become really painful xx

Ok thanks for that..i will go to my dentist monday xx

Ouchy!!

Last time I had one out the after pains lasted a week. Sorry if thats not what you want to hear. But the best painkiller by far was paramol! They are strong. Over the counter only and your not meant to take them for more than three days but man are they good for dental pain.

Him

By *ove bi guysWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Last time I had one out the after pains lasted a week. Sorry if thats not what you want to hear. But the best painkiller by far was paramol! They are strong. Over the counter only and your not meant to take them for more than three days but man are they good for dental pain.

Him "

Paramol are amazing ! Do make you a touch drowsy but thats no bad thing when your in pain.

Salt water washes are a must.

Have a look in your mouth, you will see if its dry socket, the colt over the extraction will be gone. If you can get an emergency dental apt somewhere today they will clean sockets and put gauze in that's coated, similar to clove oil.... Instant relief.

Its ok i will brave it till monday...but im like a bear with a sore head lol

Could it be a piece of food in one of the empty sockets? That hurts like hell. Try sluicing out all your empty sockets, as well as gargling with salt water

By *ovable roguesCouple  over a year ago

GATESHEAD

I had the exact three teeth out about 2 weeks ago so can sympathise with you its awful! You would know about it if you had dry socket though you would be in absolute agony! It took a good week and a half for my face to feel normal again lol xx

By *b coupleCouple  over a year ago

southampton

Had mine removed 1 at a time, first one was compacted and took 2/3 weeks to heal. 2nd one was healed up within 36 hours which is strange.

Considering I ignored all the aftercare advice, as I went out to party that evening smoking and drinking.

But it helped me strangely. Dont advice you try it though.

Im gargling with salt water...think i will ask dentist just to check me over incase i need antibiotics...the stabbing pains are horrible

"Im gargling with salt water...think i will ask dentist just to check me over incase i need antibiotics...the stabbing pains are horrible "

Toothache is just the worst. Had a re-route canal this year and a wisdom extraction was paranoid I would get dry socket was wadding up with a tea bag for a day. Sounds like the socket is playing up dentist is the place to go.

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

When i had mine out i was told to have ski yoguart apparently theres something in it that helps the healing process and it did help other brands are availible

» Add a new message to this topic