FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Taking a year off?

Taking a year off?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Looking at maybe doing some travel but staying somewhere more long term.

Any suggestions on companies/websites i could look at.

Somewhere to go work for a year or more outside of the Uk

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't understand... you can't work here due to illness but you can work abroad?

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Looking at maybe doing some travel but staying somewhere more long term.

Any suggestions on companies/websites i could look at.

Somewhere to go work for a year or more outside of the Uk"

Make sure this......"i have social anxiety, severe depression and colitis so working from home is more ideal......"

Is taken into account.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

just short of 10 years ago, I rented a beach house in Myrtle Beach USA for 9 months. It was great, as I fell asleep and woke to the sound of the ocean. It was very healing

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

I've been on holiday for three years - keep thinking someone will notice but they keep sending the cheques...

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

yes i have social anxiety, depression and colitis. I would prefer to work from home in the long run.

Whilst my colitis is only mild and not causing me to be housebound, id like to see some of the world before it could get worse.

I had traveled to the states earlier this year for 3months, had no issues with my colitis, was with a group of people 24/7 so it helped with the anxiety and depression.

I'm considering different options and trying to make life better for myself. There is no cure for depression, the only local friend i had here hung himself as he couldnt beat it just over a month ago.

Trying stuff i know that might work for me so seeing the world but on a longer term basis somehow

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Is this the best option for you? Working abroad could be a lot of fun and very interesting but how would you manage your condition if you found yourself isolated without knowing anybody? I don't want to put a downer on you but would it be better to concentrate on achievable goals in the short term with things like working abroad as something to aim at longer term?

» Add a new message to this topic