FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What the bloody hell!!!

What the bloody hell!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

A woman in her 80s has been shot dead by another person in their 80s in a care home

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Grey mafia

By *manda63Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

"A woman in her 80s has been shot dead by another person in their 80s in a care home "

I heard this on the news earlier. It's horrible to think this is possible. Worrying too as my daughter works in a nursing home

It's unbelievable isn't it!

Why is it unbelievable? Do you think only nice people live to be old?

"Why is it unbelievable? Do you think only nice people live to be old? "

Only the good die young, or so iron maiden will have you believe

"It's unbelievable isn't it! "

I don't think its unbelievable. Unfortunate maybe.

Was this in Essex?

"A woman in her 80s has been shot dead by another person in their 80s in a care home

I heard this on the news earlier. It's horrible to think this is possible. Worrying too as my daughter works in a nursing home "

We can only hope and pray that all our loved ones are safe at moments like this

"Why is it unbelievable? Do you think only nice people live to be old? "
I think it's unbelievable that someome has been able to have a concealed gun in an old peoples residential home

"A woman in her 80s has been shot dead by another person in their 80s in a care home "

I guess decades of nagging became too much for the old fellow. Too soon?? Lol

"Why is it unbelievable? Do you think only nice people live to be old? I think it's unbelievable that someome has been able to have a concealed gun in an old peoples residential home"

People hide weapons in reguarly searched peison cells.

Id like to think care staff are not routinely rifling through old peoples posesions and as such it could have been hidden by putting it in an old suitcase or even a Drawer

"Why is it unbelievable? Do you think only nice people live to be old? I think it's unbelievable that someome has been able to have a concealed gun in an old peoples residential home"

What with all the airport-style security and armed guards, you mean?

Why?

They aren't difficult to hide and usually residential homes aren't subjected to in depth room inspections like those in prisons. It would he quite easy to hide one.

"A woman in her 80s has been shot dead by another person in their 80s in a care home

I guess decades of nagging became too much for the old fellow. Too soon?? Lol"

Dominoes can be incredibly competitive!

Southampton

I heard this on the news earlier. It's horrible to think this is possible. Worrying too as my daughter works in a nursing home

We can only hope and pray that all our loved ones are safe at moments like this "

She can be a pain my daughter sometimes but I worry till she's home safe. Her residents have parkinson disease and dementia and are violent. She has been hit and punched before. Yes hope is all we have

"Why is it unbelievable? Do you think only nice people live to be old? I think it's unbelievable that someome has been able to have a concealed gun in an old peoples residential home

Why?

They aren't difficult to hide and usually residential homes aren't subjected to in depth room inspections like those in prisons. It would he quite easy to hide one."

I'm not going to bother to argue with you as you always think your right anyway, but I do think it's unbelievable and the first time I've ever heard of it happening.

Guess when they uncover a drugs den in one I shouldn't be shocked either

"Why is it unbelievable? Do you think only nice people live to be old? I think it's unbelievable that someome has been able to have a concealed gun in an old peoples residential home

Why?

They aren't difficult to hide and usually residential homes aren't subjected to in depth room inspections like those in prisons. It would he quite easy to hide one. I'm not going to bother to argue with you as you always think your right anyway, but I do think it's unbelievable and the first time I've ever heard of it happening.

"

You mean the perscription cabinet?

I am always astonished at how people assume old people are nice lol.

Why?

They aren't difficult to hide and usually residential homes aren't subjected to in depth room inspections like those in prisons. It would he quite easy to hide one. I'm not going to bother to argue with you as you always think your right anyway, but I do think it's unbelievable and the first time I've ever heard of it happening.

You mean the perscription cabinet?

I am always astonished at how people assume old people are nice lol."

who has assumed they are nice?

Why?

"

Think?

I heard this on the news earlier. It's horrible to think this is possible. Worrying too as my daughter works in a nursing home "

Why are you worried?

1st time iv ever heard of it happening, it's not like it's the start of a new trend. Most residents are not going to smuggle in hand guns!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's shocking when someone is shot in their own home by someone who shares it.

"It's shocking when someone is shot in their own home by someone who shares it. "
but apparently we shouldn't be shocked

"It's shocking when someone is shot in their own home by someone who shares it. "

Most common way to be shot i think :p

"It's shocking when someone is shot in their own home by someone who shares it. but apparently we shouldn't be shocked

"

Shocked it's happened - yes

Shocked they were able to conceal a gun - not so much.

Who knows...perhaps they had outside help.

Sad story regardless of the details.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

If I ever get to be in one I'll be the one smuggling in the vodka and organising the parties

"It's shocking when someone is shot in their own home by someone who shares it. but apparently we shouldn't be shocked

"

Because ultimately one person shooting another isn't uncommon regardless of their age and place of residence

Shot by a family member who was also a resident in their 80s

I don't think it is appropriate to discuss as we don't know the background

And as its a family member it could be for any reason

Why?

"

That's happened near here! Closed wing of a building. Teenage lads set up farm, instigated and funded by 1 of the lads great uncle, who was a resident.

His explanation was that his great nephew was getting in trouble with the law so to keep him away from bad company he set up a project he thought would hold the boy's attention. And they had to improve school attendance too. Was funny!

"If I ever get to be in one I'll be the one smuggling in the vodka and organising the parties "

I want to be a resident in your old folks home! lol

im surprised they got it in along with the bullets without detection.

im not at all surprised they could conceal it. most care home staff turn a blind eye to what goes in and out of residents rooms.

a 32 inch tv disappeared from my relatives room and no one saw a thing.

"Shot by a family member who was also a resident in their 80s

"

have you been on the pop today.

It's a bloody item in the news being discussed.

Shocked it's happened - yes

Shocked they were able to conceal a gun - not so much.

Who knows...perhaps they had outside help.

Sad story regardless of the details. "

Or hidden in their room by someone they know?

im not at all surprised they could conceal it. most care home staff turn a blind eye to what goes in and out of residents rooms.

a 32 inch tv disappeared from my relatives room and no one saw a thing."

What gun was it old service revolver or something?

Just put it in with your things in the pocket in your suitcase ans it should never be found as you should never face searches

"

are you on your monthly

I knew a old lady that had been knocked out by another old lady in the nursing home .Was hit with handbag because she sat in last seat in conservatory.

are you on your monthly "

no I'm always like this

Just put it in with your things in the pocket in your suitcase ans it should never be found as you should never face searches "

I've searched residents rooms. Dementia patients often collect things, stuff that's not theirs. And incontinent patients often hide soiled laundry.

You really like causing grief don't you?? Every comment you make is negative so her comment was justified. Why do you feel the need to say that to a lady??

Just put it in with your things in the pocket in your suitcase ans it should never be found as you should never face searches "

they are supposed to have a list drawn up of what they arrive with, witnessed by two people.

Just put it in with your things in the pocket in your suitcase ans it should never be found as you should never face searches I've searched residents rooms. Dementia patients often collect things, stuff that's not theirs. And incontinent patients often hide soiled laundry. "

Did this person have either condition?

Just put it in with your things in the pocket in your suitcase ans it should never be found as you should never face searches

they are supposed to have a list drawn up of what they arrive with, witnessed by two people. "

But if they had it on their person it won't be listed as people aren't frisk searched when being admitted to residential homes unless they're secure units.

"I knew a old lady that had been knocked out by another old lady in the nursing home .Was hit with handbag because she sat in last seat in conservatory. "

Iv had my wrist broken by a walking stick. My nose broken by a little old lady with a mean right hook, and my collar bone broken by a guy with dementia who slammed me into a wardrobe. Countless black eyes! I don't work in homes anymore.

Just put it in with your things in the pocket in your suitcase ans it should never be found as you should never face searches I've searched residents rooms. Dementia patients often collect things, stuff that's not theirs. And incontinent patients often hide soiled laundry.

"

Not sure from the news so far, but it is a dementia facility. But if 5hey are there as a couple it maybe only 1 of them had it.

"I knew a old lady that had been knocked out by another old lady in the nursing home .Was hit with handbag because she sat in last seat in conservatory.

Iv had my wrist broken by a walking stick. My nose broken by a little old lady with a mean right hook, and my collar bone broken by a guy with dementia who slammed me into a wardrobe. Countless black eyes! I don't work in homes anymore. "

I no how you feel I have seen a nurse knocked out by a stick and ended up in hospital .

Just put it in with your things in the pocket in your suitcase ans it should never be found as you should never face searches I've searched residents rooms. Dementia patients often collect things, stuff that's not theirs. And incontinent patients often hide soiled laundry.

Not sure from the news so far, but it is a dementia facility. But if 5hey are there as a couple it maybe only 1 of them had it."

Dementia is horrible one of my firends used to care for old people. The stories she had

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Because ultimately one person shooting another isn't uncommon regardless of their age and place of residence"

Shootings are pretty uncommon in this country as a whole. This is why they are newsworthy when they happen.

So, yes it is shocking, its not exactly easy to get access to a handgun (if that is what did the shooting). If a handgun wasn't used then its pretty bloody shocking that they managed to conceal a bigger weapon unnoticed...

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

)"

Then maybe avoid the thread and let the people who want to discuss it do so

Because ultimately one person shooting another isn't uncommon regardless of their age and place of residence

Shootings are pretty uncommon in this country as a whole. This is why they are newsworthy when they happen.

So, yes it is shocking, its not exactly easy to get access to a handgun (if that is what did the shooting). If a handgun wasn't used then its pretty bloody shocking that they managed to conceal a bigger weapon unnoticed..."

I meant more on a worldwide level really.you're right shootings aren't common in the UK at all.

Just put it in with your things in the pocket in your suitcase ans it should never be found as you should never face searches I've searched residents rooms. Dementia patients often collect things, stuff that's not theirs. And incontinent patients often hide soiled laundry. "

So, yes it is shocking, its not exactly easy to get access to a handgun (if that is what did the shooting). If a handgun wasn't used then its pretty bloody shocking that they managed to conceal a bigger weapon unnoticed...

I meant more on a worldwide level really.you're right shootings aren't common in the UK at all."

but we weren't talking about worldwide we talking about a sleepy care home in essex

Iirc there were 355 mass shootings in the USA this year. (Mass equal 4+ victims)

The residents husband had been staying with her for a week...so it said on news.

Maybe he just wanted her not to suffer anymore, its not nice watching someone you love slowly lose their mind body and soul. I see this on a daily basis and it upsets me so families emotions are 10fold.

"The residents husband had been staying with her for a week...so it said on news.

Maybe he just wanted her not to suffer anymore, its not nice watching someone you love slowly lose their mind body and soul. I see this on a daily basis and it upsets me so families emotions are 10fold. "

Oh shit.

Yeah the "out of her misery"line of thinking may be the one.

"The residents husband had been staying with her for a week...so it said on news.

Maybe he just wanted her not to suffer anymore, its not nice watching someone you love slowly lose their mind body and soul. I see this on a daily basis and it upsets me so families emotions are 10fold. "

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

A bit unexpected.

I meant more on a worldwide level really.you're right shootings aren't common in the UK at all.but we weren't talking about worldwide we talking about a sleepy care home in essex"

Well it is Essex!

I meant more on a worldwide level really.you're right shootings aren't common in the UK at all.but we weren't talking about worldwide we talking about a sleepy care home in essex"

It was Essex

"Why is it unbelievable? Do you think only nice people live to be old?

Only the good die young, or so iron maiden will have you believe "

And billy joel

"

And yet you are discussing it?

Bit childish.....

Southampton

"I knew a old lady that had been knocked out by another old lady in the nursing home .Was hit with handbag because she sat in last seat in conservatory.

Iv had my wrist broken by a walking stick. My nose broken by a little old lady with a mean right hook, and my collar bone broken by a guy with dementia who slammed me into a wardrobe. Countless black eyes! I don't work in homes anymore. "

This has happened to you and your response to my post where I worry about my daughter, says that I should not worry?

I'm not trying to tar everyone with the same brush (that never works out well) but we're shocked at this at first glance, but wouldn't the old fella have been around and fairly young at around the time of the Cray twins reign and it's not a stretch of the imagination to place him in the east end of London at that time, I'm just saying that people don't just become sweet lovely people when they get past retirement age, I'm guessing that all the nice old people I know we're nice middle aged and nice young people as well, apart from the old dear that used to live across the road from me who I used to do a bit of shopping for on a Friday, she told me stories of sailors that would make the most hardened swinger blush lol

Only the good die young, or so iron maiden will have you believe "

Covered Billy Joel?

Only the good die young, or so iron maiden will have you believe

Covered Billy Joel?"

Well played that man, well played

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I am initially surprised as care home shootings are not the norm here.

Ive not seen the news or anything but some people have said things above that make it sound like it could have been a mercy killing.

Not ideal but not a lunatic running wild with a gun.

Sad but not really shocked.

Iv had my wrist broken by a walking stick. My nose broken by a little old lady with a mean right hook, and my collar bone broken by a guy with dementia who slammed me into a wardrobe. Countless black eyes! I don't work in homes anymore.

This has happened to you and your response to my post where I worry about my daughter, says that I should not worry? "

Not about getting shot no.

And to those saying shootings not common, guy shot in his own home in Glasgow today.

Shot by her husband apparently.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

listening to too much granster rap music i reckon

Although it is terrible news, maybe he killed her out of love, not wanting her to suffer. It doesn't give him the right to kill her but I try not to judge until the details are known. They may have had some kind of pact if either of them were to get ill. Mercy killings happen all the time.

Southampton

This has happened to you and your response to my post where I worry about my daughter, says that I should not worry?

Not about getting shot no. "

Well, until news feeds say why he shot her, its going to be on my mind.

» Add a new message to this topic