FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Reduced ticket prices

Reduced ticket prices

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i am appealing to the collective wisdom of the forums while i try to search online for an answer before contacting my local cinema box office.

i am going to an event on NYE for which i have paid £50 a ticket to attend. this does not include food and we could add a buffet at £25 a head if we wished.

Turns out that the vene have not sold all of the tickets and have now sent a mailshot out (although not to me who booked our tickets so i think it has been carefully targeted) offering the tickets AND buffet for a combined cost of £37.50.

Can they do this? Do i have any course of action to get my tickets refunded to this amount? it doesnt seem fair to offer a better deal to those booking today when we booked the tickets earlier this month.

I called them earlier but the person who answered the phone barely kne his own name let lone the answers o my question!!

I asked if i could get my original tickets refunded and re book on the new rates but he said that the tickets were non-refundable. i have checked on the website and on my confirmation email and there are not such terms on either, in fact no terms whatsoever.

what do we think fabbers?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wonder if the consumers act may help you evie?

Ps maybe look on Martin lewis website see if there is anything similar mentioned in their forums? X

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Technically you entered into a contract and they do not have to give you a refund.

If the price had gone up later would you have been happy if they had then asked for more money?

All you can do is ask them for a gesture of goodwiil.

evesham

"Technically you entered into a contract and they do not have to give you a refund.

If the price had gone up later would you have been happy if they had then asked for more money?

All you can do is ask them for a gesture of goodwiil.

"

hmmmm that is a good point there

I think you do depending on the date you bought the ticket but I don't know the ins and outs xx

By *ex_OnTheBeachCouple  over a year ago

kent ( by the seaside )

I brought "early bird" tickets for a 2 day festival in September, I later received an email from the venue and as I member I could have got the tickets considerably cheaper, anyways we attended a different event at the same venue and there was a few promotional people promoting the upcoming event in September, so I asked how much the tickets were, and again they worked out cheaper than I had already paid.

I emailed the event organisers and just told them what I thought, they were very good and gave me the price difference in drinks vouchers to spend at the event.

By *S RachaelTV/TS  over a year ago

Lowestoft

[Removed by poster at 29/12/15 20:36:42]

By *S RachaelTV/TS  over a year ago

Lowestoft

yes they can do that. I know it's annoying but that's life. It's like going to a shop and finding the TV you bought last week is on offer. If you go on holiday don't ever ask what your fellow hosts have paid...it'd scare you.

What you could do is ring them, put on your best voice and try to negotiate a free meal.

Seems very early to be dropping the ticket price, I can only assume they've hardly sold any as they would usually wait until that afternoon to drop prices, I would suggest e-mailing them , se if you can get the buffet thrown in for your price as a goodwill gesture.

If nothing about the event has changed (just the price), you've no rights to a refund. They may offer one as a gesture or upgrade you for free.

How long ago did you buy the tickets and did you use a credit card?

evesham

"How long ago did you buy the tickets and did you use a credit card?"

4th December and yes i did use a credit card

"How long ago did you buy the tickets and did you use a credit card?"

Credit cards will only protect her if she didn't get what she ordered or it was faulty. Not liking a reduction in price isn't a reason to cancel a purchase.

evesham

see i get that i wouldnt be entitled to the same pricing on goods that i bought and used from date of purchase but as i bought the tickets and the event has not yet happened i feel that offering more favourable rates now is not fair (complete with flouncy foot stamp lol)

However, as someone pointed out, i probably wouldnt be happy to suddenly have to pay more for them if the price had to be increased for whatever reason.

It's not good customer service, but you have absolutely no rights. I'd just appeal to their human nature. Food will probably just go to waste anyway, and at least you paid the full lot.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

" i feel that offering more favourable rates now is not fair (complete with flouncy foot stamp lol)

"

It happens all the time in air fare prices, which go up and down according to demand. Just bad luck I'm afraid.

"How long ago did you buy the tickets and did you use a credit card?

Credit cards will only protect her if she didn't get what she ordered or it was faulty. Not liking a reduction in price isn't a reason to cancel a purchase. "

On mail, online and phone purchases you get a 14 day cooling off period. Anyway it's moot.

Evie, phone up and complain to the management. You might be able to wrangle the buffet for free

evesham

Spoke to a manager yesterday who spoke to their marketing team...3 free buffets!! (there are 3 of us going, I couldn't eat 3 buffets )

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Spoke to a manager yesterday who spoke to their marketing team...3 free buffets!! (there are 3 of us going, I couldn't eat 3 buffets )"

This really interested me Evie and had me smiling......

You happily paid £50. for a ticket and if everyone else paid £50 or more you'd still be happy to pay and consider the event worth it.

King's Crustacean

P.S. I'm really pleased you managed 3 free buffets xxxx

evesham

"Spoke to a manager yesterday who spoke to their marketing team...3 free buffets!! (there are 3 of us going, I couldn't eat 3 buffets )

This really interested me Evie and had me smiling......

You happily paid £50. for a ticket and if everyone else paid £50 or more you'd still be happy to pay and consider the event worth it.

"

I'm glad I could make you smile this NYE x

"Spoke to a manager yesterday who spoke to their marketing team...3 free buffets!! (there are 3 of us going, I couldn't eat 3 buffets )"

Nice!

King's Crustacean

I was glad she got three buffets.

Three tickets and buffets for 150.00Others are paying £112.50 for three.

She'll come home with a tree. You watch

» Add a new message to this topic